Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Wasn't very interested in the new SD Gundam game but the cut-ins are very pretty and detailed. My gundam is getting weak though, I don't recognize quite a few of the early stuff in the trailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSulqmDz3zA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Yeah, me neither.

Are those actual 3D graphics or still somehow pre-rendered sprites?

ZuljinRaynor
Apr 25, 2010

NERD LICENSE IMMUNITY
It's just been revoked!
Are the cockpits tied to the character or the MS? Would be cool if the cockpit is tied to the MS (like it should be) and the cut ins will have the characters in the correct cockpits.

Also everyone should have a cut in.

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Ask me about being the best dad ever.

Rascyc posted:

Wasn't very interested in the new SD Gundam game but the cut-ins are very pretty and detailed. My gundam is getting weak though, I don't recognize quite a few of the early stuff in the trailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSulqmDz3zA

Same here... I only know those that appeared in SRW.

And that's a new VA for the Purus, isn't it? She sounds quite a lot like Chieko Honda.

I'm hoping she'll be there for V, to add some lines for a potential combo attack with Marida.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.
Pretty good chunk of those are video game originals. Somehow the Bigro that's been "modified" by becoming the head of a Mobile Armor 5 times its size isn't though, that's good ol' MS IGLOO.

Also, gadDAMN that's pretty. That fuckin' Gouf Custom with blood on it.

ZuljinRaynor
Apr 25, 2010

NERD LICENSE IMMUNITY
It's just been revoked!

Brunom1 posted:

Same here... I only know those that appeared in SRW.

And that's a new VA for the Purus, isn't it? She sounds quite a lot like Chieko Honda.

I'm hoping she'll be there for V, to add some lines for a potential combo attack with Marida.

I'm sure there will something about ice cream.

Would be cool to have some Marida vs Glemmy stuff too.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
You know how Banpresto is the company that makes the Super Robot Wars games, and the games reference this by having a super robot named Banpreios?

Well, since they're owned by Bandai Namco, there ought to have a super robot referencing them the same way. They can call it Dainam-O.

Thanks and good night.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Schwarzwald posted:

You know how Banpresto is the company that makes the Super Robot Wars games, and the games reference this by having a super robot named Banpreios?

Well, since they're owned by Bandai Namco, there ought to have a super robot referencing them the same way. They can call it Dainam-O.

Thanks and good night.

Make it a crossover with Capcom.

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice
Sorry, I know its been mentioned before, but for OGMD does the NG+ carryover including the previous carryovers, or no? I can't remember.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Yeah it all stacks on top of each other.

I still need to do a few more runs so I can get every unit's stats to level 15 from the moment I get them. :kheldragar:

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.

HitTheTargets posted:

Pretty good chunk of those are video game originals.

For reference:

Mobile Suit Gundam: Cross Dimension 0079 (SNES)
Mobile Suit Gundam Side Story: The Blue Destiny (Saturn)
Mobile Suit Gundam Side Story 0079: Rise from the Ashes (Dreamcast)
Mobile Suit Gundam: Zeonic Front (PS2)
Mobile Suit Gundam: Lost War Chronicles (PS2)
Mobile Suit Gundam Side Story: At the Site of the Fallen Colony (Dreamcast)
Mobile Suit Gundam Side Story: Missing Link (PS3)
Mobile Suit Gundam Battlefield Record U.C. 0081 (PS3)

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Oh, apart from the FMW2 soundtrack being released online (yay!) there's a new patch which claims to adjust some character's abilities to be like in 3. Which ones, I wonder?

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
No, that was just something they were joking about trying to do.

The patch only makes FMW2 more compatible with Windows 7. It does nothing else... besides make the translation patch incompatible, I guess.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Also do they mean Windows 7 and up or literally just Windows 7?

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

Schwarzwald posted:

I never knew this but I am so happy to learn.

It's less to do with Kai stepping up, but Amuro dying by a random Zaku and the EF needing to pin a medal on someone.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

Nintendo has named Bandai-Namco as a Switch developer. Should I hope for SRW or settle for Tales?

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE

HitTheTargets posted:

Nintendo has named Bandai-Namco as a Switch developer. Should I hope for SRW or settle for Tales?

Both series have produced different, innovative, and/or well-regarded entries when they dip into Nintendo (Symphonia, Hearts, Graces, GC, W, NEO, BX) so I'm all for either.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

NutritiousSnack posted:

It's less to do with Kai stepping up, but Amuro dying by a random Zaku and the EF needing to pin a medal on someone.

Not quite.

Kai was gradually developing as a pilot and Newtype throughout the novels but was always overshadowed by Amuro. Once Amuro goes down he's legitimately the strongest Newtype left. They actually need to use his abilities to find Ghiren Zabi.

Amuro isn't killed by a random Zaku. He's killed by a Rick Dom piloted by Leroy Gilliam. Char was trying to communicate with the White Base and set up an alliance between Newtypes to kill the Zabis, his plan backfired, Hayato died and Amuro went batshit and started slaughtering people. Ironically just as Amuro was calming down Leroy shot him in the back and killed him. It's supposed to be a parallel to Amuro killing Lalah and Kuska Al and Leroy even says the same line as Amuro after he dies.

KoB
May 1, 2009

HitTheTargets posted:

If its really taking over the DS line, we'll almost assuredly get some SRW games on it.

Depends on the sales numbers I suppose. They completely skipped the WiiU.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I really have to wonder how long SRW can keep going. It's an increasingly niche series after all. I mean I'm glad it's gone as absurdly long as it has and the addition of English translations might at least grow the potential base.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

Goddammit Imp, why can't you say "I want Neo 2" and let us think happy thoughts? Quit using your powers for evil.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

HitTheTargets posted:

Goddammit Imp, why can't you say "I want Neo 2" and let us think happy thoughts? Quit using your powers for evil.

Because last time I said I wanted Neo 2 I got Operation Extend. :smith:

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

HitTheTargets posted:

They had Bandai-Namco on the Wii-U third party developer slide the last time too, remember.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Unless something has changed I don't think the Switch is meant to replace the 3DS.

Honestly it looks like it's gonna bomb like hell to me.

KoB
May 1, 2009
Would be weird to have two portable systems on the market, effectively competing with yourself.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

KoB posted:

Would be weird to have two portable systems on the market, effectively competing with yourself.
I don't think they are selling this one as a portable console first. For one thing they said they won't be selling it without the base unit and all the 3072 fiddly little parts it looks like it comes with.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Saying the switch is a failure means you're predicting pokemon to die.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Tae posted:

Are any Pokemon games expected on the Switch?

The Wii U only had Pokken and Rumble. I don't know how well either of those sold, but neither are games that seem to have left much of an impact.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

All of nintendo teams are joining into one division for the switch. Whatever main team pokemon is going to be on the switch, same as all the other portable teams like fire emblem and animal crossing.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Pokemon isn't developed by Nintendo though...?

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Tae posted:

The switch will probably be a failure because Nintendo for all their posturing can't hold third parties to save their lives. They made a big deal about all the third parties they got last time and they ended up jumping ship real fast.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

The switch will probably be a failure because Nintendo for all their posturing can't hold third parties to save their lives. They made a big deal about all the third parties they got last time and they ended up jumping ship real fast.

They can hold 3rd parties perfectly well on handhelds, which the Switch is supposed to sub in for, so who knows.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Samurai Sanders posted:

Pokemon isn't developed by Nintendo though...?

If they want to keep it on handhelds they'd have to choose between the Switch or Vita though. Unless they just develop it for mobiles, which I guess is a possibility.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

The Switch is definitely intended to replace the3DS they just won't say that to hedge their bets in case it bombs.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

Ethiser posted:

The Switch is definitely intended to replace the3DS they just won't say that to hedge their bets in case it bombs.

This. They did the exact same thing with the DS, claiming it wasn't a successor to the GBA.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

GilliamYaeger posted:

This. They did the exact same thing with the DS, claiming it wasn't a successor to the GBA.
Oh, I didn't know that. If they really are going down to just one hardware platform then I'm all for it, because that means it's one step closer to going down to zero.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Samurai Sanders posted:

Oh, I didn't know that. If they really are going down to just one hardware platform then I'm all for it, because that means it's one step closer to going down to zero.

You really shouldn't be rooting for less competition. Companies get crazy complacent when that happens. You only have to look at Sony's downswing in customer relations since the X-Box One cold-started and the Wii U unperformed.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Samurai Sanders posted:

Living in japan has screwed up your perception of consoles.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Tae posted:

Living in japan has screwed up your perception of consoles.
Nah I've hated Nintendo hardware since the N64.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

ImpAtom posted:

You really shouldn't be rooting for less competition. Companies get crazy complacent when that happens. You only have to look at Sony's downswing in customer relations since the X-Box One cold-started and the Wii U unperformed.

Can you really call the xbone a cold start? I was thinking more crib death.

Hell, you could make a decent argument for it dying before it even came out, given the PR nightmare that MS had to deal with.

• Locked thread