Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

ComradeCosmobot posted:

So a Y'all Qaeda acquittal and the case against Christie's aides may be falling apart. Sounds like a pretty good news day for the Trumpistas and the future of the Republican Party.

Any other tidbits I might have missed in the past 800 posts?

The Christie case is at least falling apart in a way that is most likely to take down Christie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Tammy is amazing and I think she would fix the drat VA once and for all. It's time we elected a modern veteran into the white house. Like my good friend Smedley said, war is a racket.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

hobbesmaster posted:

The Christie case is at least falling apart in a way that is most likely to take down Christie.

Yeah. I doubt anyone is going to jail or anything over Bridgegate, but ruining Christie's career would be a win in my book.

Hell, Trump basically already sunk it, hasn't he?

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

Case adjourned before closing arguments today following a long 45 minute legal argument in a closed-door conference.. The aides have also been reported as looking much more at ease in recent days.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://twitter.com/writerknowles/status/791821440827822080

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Euphoriaphone posted:

Everyone knows r/the_donald, possibly the worst site on Reddit (and thus the internet), engages in botting and vote manipulation to get featured on one of the site's main pages (r/all). Usually you see just a few r/the_donald posts on every page of r/all, but someone must have screwed up the settings on their botnet, cause now literally every post on every page is r/the_donald. Maybe this will lead to the site's admins reprimanding the site for manipulation, and since so many news sites steal stories from Reddit now, it might get some play on more mainstream media sites about how fake pro-Trump traffic online is.

This is the site who's former CEO just said the problem with r/jailbait was that they only had one moderator willing to look at the images to make sure they were of legal age.
They won't do poo poo about the content, only the gaming of votes.

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

11:13: Despite Gio Gonzalez warning, "Never mix your sparkling juices," Bryce Harper opens another bottle of sparkling grape and mixes it with sparkling cider.

1:07: Harper walks to the 7-11 and orders an all-syrup Slurpee.

1:10-3:05: Harper has no recollection of this time. Aliens?
Reminder that the next Secretary of State also has to interact with Boris Johnson and Rodrigo Duterte in addition to all the aforementioned tasks :catstare:

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

How ever will he manage to keep funding his massive GOTV machine now?

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!

Teddybear posted:

I've said it before, I'll say it again, Tammy Duckworth is gonna be president in 2024. She's too good a story to not be.

Although there'll probably be a shitload of complaining about natural born citizen, since she was born in Thailand to a US citizen dad.

To be honest, we should probably start to build momentum to amend the constitution to ditch the natural-born citizen requirement soon anyway, because that poo poo is remarkably dumb.

Pretty sure she's still considered a natural-born citizen because she was born a citizen as opposed to becoming a citizen through immigration.

for ref: http://harvardlawreview.org/2015/03/on-the-meaning-of-natural-born-citizen/

EDIT: This is also why the whole Obamma was born in Kenya poo poo was superbly dumb.

Tricky D fucked around with this message at 03:42 on Oct 28, 2016

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

Night10194 posted:

How ever will he manage to keep funding his massive GOTV voter suppression machine now?

fixed

1-800-DOCTORB
Nov 6, 2009
Obama should resign a day early and let Biden be president for a day.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

Night10194 posted:

How ever will he manage to keep funding his massive GOTV machine now?

Radio and facebook ads!

I am not kidding http://www.thenewcivilrightsmovement.com/davidbadash/senior_trump_official_we_have_three_major_voter_suppression_operations_under_way

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Oh my god.

If GOTV matters at all, he is in for the greatest drubbing.

lozzle
Oct 22, 2012

by zen death robot

Tricky D posted:

Pretty sure she's still considered a natural-born citizen because she was born a citizen as opposed to becoming a citizen through immigration.

for ref: http://harvardlawreview.org/2015/03/on-the-meaning-of-natural-born-citizen/

EDIT: This is also why the whole Obamma was born in Kenya poo poo was superbly dumb.

This didn't stop people from bitching about Obama (never mind that he was born in Hawaii).

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
The idea of 4 years of Diamond Joe's hi-jinks around the world makes this an okay day.

In Arizona news, apparently Trump Jr. had made an appointment to call in to a local radio station for an interview. They'd been promoting it all day.
Trump Jr. never called in.

So instead they had callers call in and tell stories about how they got stood up, or "Trump Juniored" on dates.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Crooked Hillary's dark money, out in the open!

And speaking of republicans who will likely go down with the Trump ship, god I hope Giuliani is on the bow. Or the stern. Whichever one sinks first.

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Tricky D posted:

Right, Tammy is an american citizen born abroad, but does she have citizenship from another country? Can a congresswoman have dual citizenship?

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

chumbler posted:

And speaking of republicans who will likely go down with the Trump ship, god I hope Giuliani is on the bow. Or the stern. Whichever one sinks first.

Keel.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Kro-Bar posted:

He's not gonna retire to a madrasa in Indonesia? :confused:

You don't spend 8 years bringing Sharia Law to America so you can gently caress off to Indonesia for your madrasa needs.

lozzle
Oct 22, 2012

by zen death robot

chumbler posted:

Giuliani is tied to the anchor.

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!

lozzle posted:

This didn't stop people from bitching about Obama (never mind that he was born in Hawaii).

People can, and will, impotently bitch about anything, but facts are facts.

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

chumbler posted:

Crooked Hillary's dark money, out in the open!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hzaBHnNI_I

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

chumbler posted:

He's going to flap away with his bat wings just before it goes under.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Tight Booty Shorts posted:

Right, Tammy is an american citizen born abroad, but does she have citizenship from another country? Can a congresswoman have dual citizenship?

Ted Cruz had dual citizenship up until people noticed earlier this year.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
The reddit post about Pence's plane running off the runway is that "Pence checked to see if everyone was okay"

Thanks for reminding me why I never go to reddit.

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

11:13: Despite Gio Gonzalez warning, "Never mix your sparkling juices," Bryce Harper opens another bottle of sparkling grape and mixes it with sparkling cider.

1:07: Harper walks to the 7-11 and orders an all-syrup Slurpee.

1:10-3:05: Harper has no recollection of this time. Aliens?

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

The idea of 4 years of Diamond Joe's hi-jinks around the world makes this an okay day.

In Arizona news, apparently Trump Jr. had made an appointment to call in to a local radio station for an interview. They'd been promoting it all day.
Trump Jr. never called in.

So instead they had callers call in and tell stories about how they got stood up, or "Trump Juniored" on dates.

IIRC Trump, Sr shows up to his rallies like 45 minutes late all the time

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Gyges posted:

Ted Cruz had dual citizenship up until people noticed earlier this year.

Totally forgot about that.

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!

I don't think that there is anything that specifically bars representatives from being citizens of another country. A quick google search just turned up a bunch of bullshit speculating about congressmen with dual israeli citizenship which I would be unable to read without choking on salt.

Kro-Bar
Jul 24, 2004
USPOL May
Looks like Trump's kids aren't the only one not giving to his campaign.

https://twitter.com/PostRoz/status/791831758685687808

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene
We are a nation of immigrants. It is only the office of President where the individual must be a natural born citizen. And by that I mean a white man.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
There's nothing in the Constitution that bars the President from being a dual citizen. I'm not even sure that was a thing at the time of the Constitution.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

Shbobdb posted:

We are a nation of immigrants. It is only the office of President where the individual must be a natural born citizen. And by that I mean a white man.

Are you just now waking up from a coma that has lasted 7 years?

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Kro-Bar posted:

Looks like Trump's kids aren't the only one not giving to his campaign.

https://twitter.com/PostRoz/status/791831758685687808

It makes me happy to see the Trump train collapse so gloriously a few days before the election.

It will make the purges that more enjoyable.

Gyges posted:

There's nothing in the Constitution that bars the President from being a dual citizen. I'm not even sure that was a thing at the time of the Constitution.

Interesting!

Kro-Bar
Jul 24, 2004
USPOL May

It makes me happy to see the Trump train collapse so gloriously a few days before the election.

It will make the purges that more enjoyable.

Interesting!

The purges are coming.

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene

Gyges posted:

It totally wasn't but modern jurisprudence and the current interpretation of "natural born citizen" would preclude dual citizens.

If Hillary wins, this may change.

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Kro-Bar posted:

The purges are coming.

Incoming reports show this year's Purge has been the most successful to date, with the most murders committed.

Kro-Bar
Jul 24, 2004
USPOL May
I like seeing the Baldwins gang up on Stephen. He must sit at the kid's table at Thanksgiving.

https://twitter.com/BrandonSmith85/status/791824688091717633

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

Kro-Bar posted:

The purges are coming.

Those guys where in the final film for all of 30 seconds.

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!

Shbobdb posted:

It totally wasn't but modern jurisprudence and the current interpretation of "natural born citizen" would preclude dual citizens.

If Hillary wins, this may change.

None of this is true. Not even a little bit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

Tricky D posted:

I don't think that there is anything that specifically bars representatives from being citizens of another country. A quick google search just turned up a bunch of bullshit speculating about congressmen with dual israeli citizenship which I would be unable to read without choking on salt.

There was some related discussion earlier in the thread, the key issue is that citizenship in other countries fall under their sovereign discretion. I can yell "I renounce my Indonesian* citizenship" in washington dc all I want but if the Indonesian government wants to consider me a citizen I can't stop them.

*chosen at random

• Locked thread