Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Snazzy Frocks posted:

i thought all of the big boss hit% was like 303% or something

303% is the datamine's way of saying it's 100% accurate after the natural per-character status resists, but that it is affected by resistance/accuracy. After adjusting to the formula, 303% actually becomes 100. It's.... complicated and dumb, but roll with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Koobes
Nov 6, 2012

Balthier/Ashe SSB from my 11 pull, nothing from 100 gems. I want to complain, but both of them are pretty alright, and should be nice for the CM/future CM's/damage synergy.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
Saving for 11 pulls for the future X and IV events, but still doing a 100 gem pull for the chance at Ashe's armor, or even Gabranth's armor. Nope. At least I got the proper Orichalcum Dirk from the Lucky Draw instead of the lame thing I got from the 100 gem pull :v:

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!
100 gem - 3*
11-pull 1:

Another freakin' off-banner. So sick of those, god drat.

11-pull 2:

Well, Balthier's gun is pretty good. I still shouldn't have pulled twice, though, and didn't get either BSB. Le sigh.

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

If I die before I Wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take.

Neither of the big prizes, but I fulfilled my primary objective in fixing my XII synergy, so I can't complain. Still feeling a little disappointed cause I really wanted either of the Bursts, but at least I have a really nice 8* Rod.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Ashe BSB :toot:

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
Oh well, nothing good for me on the dollar pull. My XII synergy is fantastic what with the Golden Axe, Defender, Kogarasumaru, Judicer's Staff, 8* fully augmented Aldebaran, 7* Diamond Sword, 7* Platinum Dagger, 7* Sledgehammer and 7* Empyrean Rod. Oh, and three Survival Vests and a Chanter's Djellaba. Don't think I need to spend mythril on this banner.

Arcon
Jul 24, 2013
Ready to never pull again

I have that Phoenix Plunder thrown relic of Lockes, so this isnt even a 'well, maybe in a pinch' stat-stick

Inge
Jan 16, 2007
SERIOUSLY THATS DISGUSTING I'M TRYING TO EAT
Ashe BSB is the big target here, but considering not pulling again because I very luckily got Maria's.

2 stoneblades and an off banner dark helm IV, which is pretty noice and has more or less fixed my synergy - good mag with decent attack means I have some versatility with Maria / Terra if I want to run some mages instead of the usual physical team.

Off banner generics armours are just fine with me, too!

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Arcon posted:

I have that Phoenix Plunder thrown relic of Lockes, so this isnt even a 'well, maybe in a pinch' stat-stick

THE POWER OF GUARANTEED 5*

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Two pulls got me Gabranth's Hauberk and Stoneblade. Didn't really want to pull again with two dupes so I did the debuff lucky draw and got Kagenui. It fulfilled the primary objective of getting more XII synergy, but boy is that kind of an underwhelming result for 125 mythril.

For those keeping track, now all four of my post-G5 pulls have been 1/11. After going like 5/77 in the pulls I made since Soul Breakout. :suicide:

Varance
Oct 28, 2004

Ladies, hide your footwear!
Nap Ghost
This more than makes up for a bad pull on the support banner:

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change
Dollar pulled Fran Lightning Imperil SSB, so hey, I might actually use miss bunny one of these days :toot:

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

Arcon posted:

have a hug
:glomp:

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

The whack-a-monster is the best web minigame they've done yet.

Grozz Nuy posted:

Two pulls got me Gabranth's Hauberk and Stoneblade. Didn't really want to pull again with two dupes so I did the debuff lucky draw and got Kagenui. It fulfilled the primary objective of getting more XII synergy, but boy is that kind of an underwhelming result for 125 mythril.

For those keeping track, now all four of my post-G5 pulls have been 1/11. After going like 5/77 in the pulls I made since Soul Breakout. :suicide:

That most definitely sucks. Sorry man.

Varance posted:

This more than makes up for a bad pull on the support banner:

The imperil-lightning and the lightning BSB in the same pull. Man, you suck (but congrats).

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Schwartzcough posted:

That most definitely sucks. Sorry man.

Well the good news is I still have almost 400 mythril left and I only have to wait another week to pull again. But yeah, after hardly spending at all for months this was not the result I was hoping for.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Grozz Nuy posted:

Well the good news is I still have almost 400 mythril left and I only have to wait another week to pull again. But yeah, after hardly spending at all for months this was not the result I was hoping for.

I hear ya. I saved up over 500 mythril for months, and I've mostly been getting 1/11s with weak relics up until this last lucky draw (which had 5 relics even if none of them were all that good).

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
Was hoping for Ashe's BSB and Fran's Lightning Imperil. Got Ashe's SSB and Vaan's BSB instead.

FeralWraith
Dec 17, 2007
Lurking Bastard
Dollar pull was an Aldebaran. Nice synergy, not really an item I was after. The only 11-pull ended up being Gabranth's Hauberk and Stoneblade. That does help with XII synergy, but still a little disappointing. Looking at everyone else's pulls, though, and suddenly mine becomes a helluva lot better.

Fantastic Alice
Jan 23, 2012

A shared soul break ff9 ice rod... I guess I blew all my luck getting the Artemis Bow and Healing Staff for FF2 on single pulls.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time
Yeah, the only things I want on here are Aldebaran, which I can choose off Keeper's Choice 3, and Ashe BSB, which recurs on a really, really nice OSBfest banner. Pass!

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

Yeah, the only things I want on here are Aldebaran, which I can choose off Keeper's Choice 3, and Ashe BSB, which recurs on a really, really nice OSBfest banner. Pass!

OSB Fest banners will be different for global so that's not a guarantee. It's pretty likely Ashe's Defiance will come back, but just keep it in mind if it's really something you want. It's on Vayne 2 as well but that's a long time from now.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
I know SA is a small sample size and it was a Lucky Banner, but it feels like more people picked up Vaan's BSB from the lucky instead of the banner. I think it's a worse banner overall, but I can't pass up on trying for a Larsa relic. Just deciding between here or the Vayne banners.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Oh nice 3 shinies I wonder what they'll b -

So is this thing any good? Do I combine 2 and have a spare around for synergy, or just combine all of them? I don't really run any gun-users ever.

Still bummed about missing Vaan's BSB twice, but oh well I guess.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

So is this thing any good? Do I combine 2 and have a spare around for synergy, or just combine all of them? I don't really run any gun-users ever.

It's great! Strahl Strafe causes imperil fire, and fire SBs/BSBs are pretty drat common. There are plenty of enfire things, too. You might want to go in on the WoFF banner for Lann's enfire BSB, or whichever global OSBfest banner has Terra's OSB.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

Gun users are pretty uncommon so this is one of the few weapons that you should immediately combine and reforge to 8* imo. Even if you wanted to keep a second one for CMs, the only other gun user in XII is Vaan and that requires a lot of Record Spheres for him to get gun access.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

Needed some FFXII synergy, just hit 50 myth, decided to go for it.

Neat! My second BSB in as many pulls! Really wanted a gun too, and that one works drat well with my Terra tiara SSB.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Twelve by Pies posted:

Gun users are pretty uncommon so this is one of the few weapons that you should immediately combine and reforge to 8* imo. Even if you wanted to keep a second one for CMs, the only other gun user in XII is Vaan and that requires a lot of Record Spheres for him to get gun access.

Fran can also get gun access with the record spheres we just unlocked! :eng101:

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

Twelve by Pies posted:

On the other hand, guns let you run back-row physical squads (Lightning, Balthier, Sazh is a good start), and XII has had past bosses like Vossler than were physical-attack heavy. I'd wait and see how the Ultimate missions go before committing to combining them.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.
Heeey, finally! First good post-G5* pull. :toot:

Of course BSB's are still basically a thing of legend to me, but a relic for the leading man, a medica for FF12, and a couple of other goodies is fine. Hauberk is a dupe, and I'm not entirely sold on Yoichi Bow, but whatevs.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Thanks to getting the Orichalcum Dirk in the Lucky Draw I now have 6 physical weapons for FFXII. I don't think I'll need that many, right? Should I combine my 3 Kogarasumaru? (Last 2 are Traitor's Bow and Ras Algethi)

NaanViolence
Mar 1, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Got six SBs out of the lucky draw and now Orichalcum Dirk from my dollar draw...just insane.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.

Nihilarian posted:

Thanks to getting the Orichalcum Dirk in the Lucky Draw I now have 6 physical weapons for FFXII. I don't think I'll need that many, right? Should I combine my 3 Kogarasumaru? (Last 2 are Traitor's Bow and Ras Algethi)

Depends. I'd personally combine them after the event is over, since Gabranth and Basch can borrow them for the CM (It's Holy Weak) and Gabranth can carry ProShellga for you. U++ is also Holy weak, so if you have good SBs for Katana users, it's worth considering keeping them separate for that too (Firion's BSB, Shout for Ramza as examples).

edit: looking ahead to the Vayne event, the U+ is the loving Mandragora Squad and you need to hit a Holy and Dark weakness for Mastery, and the U++ is Holy/Fire weak.

pichupal fucked around with this message at 07:28 on Oct 28, 2016

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

pichupal posted:

Depends. I'd personally combine them after the event is over, since Gabranth and Basch can borrow them for the CM (It's Holy Weak) and Gabranth can carry ProShellga for you. U++ is also Holy weak, so if you have good SBs for Katana users, it's worth considering keeping them separate for that too (Firion's BSB, Shout for Ramza as examples).

edit: looking ahead to the Vayne event, the U+ is the loving Mandragora Squad and you need to hit a Holy and Dark weakness for Mastery, and the U++ is Holy/Fire weak.

The Mandragora squad is also pretty hard, too. There's a CM associated with it, but that's not actually too bad since XII's cast is pretty good. Issue is that unless you pull Larsa's Cloud Staff you'll have to RW your Hastega for it (or have Penelo/Larsa manually cast it, but the former will probably be busy Dancing).

The Holy weakness won't be too bad to hit, but the Dark weakness is a bit of a fumble since we don't have Unholy Blitz; without Gabranth/Basch's SBs, you have to use Gabranth or Vayne to hit it, unless you craft Ultima Weapon for Ashe or Dive Basch.

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

And Yuna's Chaos Rod pops out of the WoFF banner JP side. Not really impressive but it's another medica option I didn't have. Gotta say though, that itch to pull more when you get a 1/11 and still have Mythril to burn is pretty impressive. Gotta try real hard to remind myself I don't actually need anything the banner is offering, so probably just better to wait for future banners. We'll see though, maybe I'll say gently caress it and do it anyways if I drum up a replacement 50 before it's gone.

LornMarkus fucked around with this message at 08:00 on Oct 28, 2016

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Yuna's SSB2 is the best SSB medica by a very long shot and is better than quite a few healer BSBs.

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

Zurai posted:

Yuna's SSB2 is the best SSB medica by a very long shot and is better than quite a few healer BSBs.

Yup, I figured, I'm just a little spoiled because I pulled Y'shtola's BSB very first thing, so she's basically never left my party. :blush:

NaanViolence
Mar 1, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Ashe's Stoneblade is amazing because it's a medica on a mage. If you want to go mage meta with a non-healer medica then it's either her or OK. There's nobody else.

Surprised to see people here are disappointed to draw it. I already have Faris's BSB so I would have preferred to pull Stoneblade for my dollar draw instead of the Orichalcum Dirk I pulled.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

NaanViolence posted:

Ashe's Stoneblade is amazing because it's a medica on a mage. If you want to go mage meta with a non-healer medica then it's either her or OK. There's nobody else.

Surprised to see people here are disappointed to draw it. I already have Faris's BSB so I would have preferred to pull Stoneblade for my dollar draw instead of the Orichalcum Dirk I pulled.

Yuffie also exists.

Stoneblade is basically the consolation prize for those hunting for Ashe's Defiance; it's a good enough stat stick but compared to the grand prize it's nothing special.

Ark Blast is different from Beryl Serpent and actually synergizes well enough with it; it's excellent DPS because it's instant cast, its debuff (MAG/DEF) is unique to this day even in JP, and the commands are fast-cast, too. There's a reason it's considered one of the best BSBs around despite not having an element.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NaanViolence
Mar 1, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
I have all the relevant breakdown SBs for Agrias, Faris, and Fran. I thought there was a cap on breaking stats. Would adding Vaan to those three really make a difference?

EDIT: Yiffie is a ninja. Ninja magic is ghetto and I don't like it.

• Locked thread