Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was your favorite Titan from Titanfall 1?
gundam
megatron
that russian robot from pacific rim
goku
View Results

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
Holy gently caress they didn't fix the way you invite friends.

Oh wait.. I guess they implemented a party option. Much better than Network.

Edit 2 - if party leader backs out, each individual player still needs to back out. So dumb.

el B fucked around with this message at 05:48 on Oct 28, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Holy poo poo the Master difficulty is god awful, and the game wasn't designed for it. I'm fighting the Northstar boss and ever shot of his will take all of your shields and then some, once he uses his rockets you're basically going to lose all your health because there's nowhere to actually take cover while he flies around quickly going full Itano Circus with homing missiles. All of your Titan weapons are peashooters to top it off.

Gunder
May 22, 2003

How does ejecting work this time around? Eject is supposedly bound to the X key on the keyboard, yet everytime I press it while doomed, nothing happens. I've tried mashing, pressing, and holding. Nothing works.

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

Gunder posted:

How does ejecting work this time around? Eject is supposedly bound to the X key on the keyboard, yet everytime I press it while doomed, nothing happens. I've tried mashing, pressing, and holding. Nothing works.

Mash E to eject while doomed. Press X and then mash E to eject any other time.

There's a prompt for it.

Gunder
May 22, 2003

Peewi posted:

Mash E to eject while doomed. Press X and then mash E to eject any other time.

There's a prompt for it.

Thanks!

What's up with the doomed state this time around? It doesn't seem to do damage over time to you anymore. It almost feels like a second health bar now. Do you take more damage now when doomed?

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Antoine Silvere posted:

This game has customization options out the rear end and it's incredible. the execution you get from the dew/doritos thing makes it so you finally stab someone with your hacking knife

I made a network called Titanfall Goons if anyone wants to join

Happy Hour at 3am? God drat, I gotta sleep some time.

Exposure
Apr 4, 2014

Gunder posted:

Thanks!

What's up with the doomed state this time around? It doesn't seem to do damage over time to you anymore. It almost feels like a second health bar now. Do you take more damage now when doomed?

It's part of the titan mechanics redesign, in exchange for the removable of rechargeable shields, doomed meter no longer decreases over time. You can even get the doomed meter refilled (if you have taken damage) and get shields if someone puts a battery in.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Gunder posted:

Thanks!

You seem to take more damage from crits and you can get melee executed

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

DAIJOUBU!! ... Daijoubu ?? ?
It's more that the doomed health bar is only about 1/3 of your titan's total health. So if let's say your Ion has 3000 health normally, it's doomed health bar is only 1000; it can be a bit confusing when it visually is the same length as the normal health bar but it's actually quite a bit less. Additionally another noticeable change from Titanfall 1 is that Nuke Eject can't be used whenever you want and is now only limited to when you're doomed; so you can no longer just easily kamikaze into a bunch of guys and eject. You could easily get grabbed up in an execution now if you try to do that.

Cheap Trick
Jan 4, 2007

suboptimal posted:

WHERE'S MY KEY GREENMAN

lostleaf
Jul 12, 2009
Respawn seriously optimized their engine for low end machines. I'm playing it on a laptop 5200u with a geforce 940 and it's very smooth(there's no counter but I guess 30+ fps) on low setting 720p. Still looks excellent too even on low everything. As compared to xcom 2 or dark souls 3 which are unplayable on this machine even with low. Just an FYI for anyone out there on the fence.

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011

suboptimal posted:

WHERE'S MY KEY GREENMAN
I've just submitted a refund request, going to gamble with some other places that have already sent out valid keys.
Disappointing to say the least.

Sultan Tarquin posted:

Yeah there's a *heavy* film grain. You can get borderless windowed if you put -noborder -windowed in your advanced launch options. Also -novid to skip all the intro movies.
This should be added to the OP.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.

discworld is all I read posted:

It's more that the doomed health bar is only about 1/3 of your titan's total health. So if let's say your Ion has 3000 health normally, it's doomed health bar is only 1000; it can be a bit confusing when it visually is the same length as the normal health bar but it's actually quite a bit less. Additionally another noticeable change from Titanfall 1 is that Nuke Eject can't be used whenever you want and is now only limited to when you're doomed; so you can no longer just easily kamikaze into a bunch of guys and eject. You could easily get grabbed up in an execution now if you try to do that.

I think its equivalent to one "bar"

Also the single shot energy grenade launcher owns. Anyone got any tips for finding minions in attrition? I'm rubbish at it!

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

suboptimal posted:

WHERE'S MY KEY GREENMAN

They always give out keys at around 12 pm the next day. They're not an "official" retailer like say steam or the humble store.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
Just finished the assembly line level in the single player and it was loving nuts and awesome. A good campaign so far.

Multiplayer is fun but matchmaking takes a while. I'm liking this game a lot.

Grappling Hook still way better than everything else though. It should just be a standard option.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.

PringleCreamEgg posted:

Just finished the assembly line level in the single player and it was loving nuts and awesome. A good campaign so far.

Multiplayer is fun but matchmaking takes a while. I'm liking this game a lot.

Grappling Hook still way better than everything else though. It should just be a standard option.

Honestly the single player blew away my expectations.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

Lol @ the system requirements. I knew they were excessive but if I can run this maxed out at 60 fps with an i5-2500k and a 970. So far had only two moments where the game hitched for a small moment and I think a minor tweak would eliminate those, if I cared enough to do so - a notch down from Insane texture quality probably isn't that noticable.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

I just got to a part of the campaign with a mechanic I did not expect at all :allears:

Edit: :aaaaa:

Daztek fucked around with this message at 10:14 on Oct 28, 2016

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
Just had the game disconnect in a multiplayer session right as I was starting to do really well. Oh well it's late anyway. Weird that happy hour seems to be from one to two AM where I am. Seems like an odd time. Good for me though since I work late.

Firestars absolutely eat through enemy titans, it's hilarious. Ticks are way more useful than amped weapons for me. Not only are they hard to avoid, but they will do a great job leading you to a group of enemies. They get distracted by the tick, and you shoot at them while they run away.

I still suck at hitting these fast moving pilots, but I'm glad autopistol is a boost and not a regular thing now.

FiftySeven
Jan 1, 2006

I WON THE BETTING POOL ON TESSAS THIRD STUPID VOTE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS HALF-ASSED TITLE

Slippery Tilde
Well months of playing Overwatch has left me very out of practice for this type of shooter... Looks like I need to get Bettah! Today is going to be a looooong work day though.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

So loving good.

Also 60fps and proper servers is wonderful.

Only black mark so far is the lack of a proper party system, and having 5v5 and 6v6 modes is really dumb, you lose out on several fun modes if you have a party of 6 :(

Game though, mmmmmm.

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

I would have said that overwatch was as close as you could get... it nearly has a titan in it :D

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Do we have a Network for the PC Master Race? Did not see one in the OP

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Raged posted:

Do we have a Network for the PC Master Race? Did not see one in the OP

Titanfall Goons

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Daztek posted:

I just got to a part of the campaign with a mechanic I did not expect at all :allears:

Edit: :aaaaa:

Its one of the coolest things I've seen in a SP game. Honestly I did not expect it to be such a creative sp campaign, I thought it would be competent but relatively run of the mill but it puts cod to shame!

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009
Not far into Single Player so far, I'm trying to figure out if BT is really snarky or just doesn't get how people speak.

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx
bt is your friend

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Afraid of Audio posted:

bt is your friend

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Anime_Otaku posted:

Not far into Single Player so far, I'm trying to figure out if BT is really snarky or just doesn't get how people speak.
he's a robot, give him a loving break

Afraid of Audio posted:

bt is your friend

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

Anime_Otaku posted:

What the gently caress. :mad:

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer

Deakul posted:

Happy Hour at 3am? God drat, I gotta sleep some time.

Yeah that's the default one for some reason. I tried to change it several times but it just keeps going back to midnight PST. I'll add the network name to the OP. Also:

:allears: i love this game

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
The network system is a cool idea in theory but in practice it doesn't work so well! You only have 10 seconds to accept the invite before it starts matchmaking you into a game.

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?
A little delirious, anyone playing on Xbox now, let's join up, GT: Wazzit

Damone
May 3, 2009

Afraid of Audio posted:

bt is your friend

BT is shaped like a friend. :thumbsup:

We need a better thumbs up.

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

Okay the Kraber with faster ADS and weapon switch is loving awesome. It's even more fun to use than it was in 1. Just hopping around like an idiot quickscoping ground pounders all day. Even got a couple gooses with it.

I don't know why I'd use any other weapon tbqh.

Edit: does anyone know if you lose all your unlocks when you regen like the first game?

Hugh G. Rectum fucked around with this message at 12:29 on Oct 28, 2016

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
So far the grenadier weapons have felt like a great way to have a negative K/D. I'm also very unimpressed with legion except for his core vs several pilots.

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

Tone and Northstar are where it's at. Somehow the 40mm is even better than it used to be, although the splash radius feels smaller. I haven't had a single dust in the 8 hours I've played so far and that in itself is a joy. The hitreg is so much better than TF1, I wonder what the tickrate is this time.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!

Hugh G. Rectum posted:

Tone and Northstar are where it's at. Somehow the 40mm is even better than it used to be, although the splash radius feels smaller. I haven't had a single dust in the 8 hours I've played so far and that in itself is a joy. The hitreg is so much better than TF1, I wonder what the tickrate is this time.

I'm sure I saw that it's double of whatever it was in TF1 somewhere. I've been rocking Ion and man loving laser shot is so good for snapping pilots or goosing them.

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin
I have played way too much Battlefield over the last two weeks, I can't get any kills with anything but the autoshotty. Still pretty fun and the SP is dope too. The wallrun parts are actually fun!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011
Well, GMG did refund my pre-order since apparently they also mis-advertised the pre-order bonuses. Where should I go to get a key?

E: taken care of, downloading now.

radintorov fucked around with this message at 13:59 on Oct 28, 2016