Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Raserys posted:

slice of life comedy

... ...

!

?

(laugh track plays)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

red should evolve his pikachu

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

Sam Faust posted:

... ...

!

?

(laugh track plays)

i was thinking nichijou

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

we have decidueyeded to gently caress this pokemons name up

Everyone's calling it Robin Hoot anyway so it doesn't matter of course.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0VC_GAHetj0

New video of adorable kids playing Pokemon like they were in an anime. Couple new details is the Normal Z Move being Breakneck Blitz, as well as a look at the Rock Z move, which I hoped was Minior's exclusive Z move. Oh well.

Also, since the Exeggutor had Explosion, it's possible to use that as the basis of the Z Move, but not actually explode and be able to use it later. Also Multi Battles let there be 4 Z Moves in a match.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

are Z-moves based off the BP of a normal move? cause if so Z-power explosion seems good

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

are Z-moves based off the BP of a normal move? cause if so Z-power explosion seems good

Seems so, but we don't have any formula on how they're calculated.

LEGO Genetics
Oct 8, 2013

She growls as she storms the stadium
A villain mean and rough
And the cops all shake and quiver and quake
as she stabs them with her cuffs
Water
Water
Fire
Fire
Grass
Grass
Undecided this gen.

A cool good trailer is shown today and the Pokemon anime community goes nuts.

It was the good day.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
Red and Blue's bags have gold and silver straps

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Crosspeice posted:

New video of adorable kids playing Pokemon like they were in an anime. Couple new details is the Normal Z Move being Breakneck Blitz, as well as a look at the Rock Z move, which I hoped was Minior's exclusive Z move. Oh well.

Also, since the Exeggutor had Explosion, it's possible to use that as the basis of the Z Move, but not actually explode and be able to use it later. Also Multi Battles let there be 4 Z Moves in a match.

drat, that sacrificial explosion play. Those are some powerful kids.

Edit: These trailers have been extremely good.

SyntheticPolygon fucked around with this message at 09:53 on Oct 28, 2016

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
primarina is cute but mermaids suck. can't be an idol if you can't dance.

dungeon cousin
Nov 26, 2012

woop woop
loop loop

Crosspeice posted:

So does Charjabug not evolve until level 40 or did they hold it back to get a sweet move?

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I now have enough information to pick my SM team

Primarina
Alolan Exeggutor
The anchor and ship's wheel pokemon
Mimikyu
Kommo-o
Tsareena

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Tired Moritz posted:

mermaids rule, Primarina rules, read the blurb on the site it totally dances by bouncing on bubbles

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Tired Moritz posted:

It uses water balloons to gracefully bounce around the stage. Also, Primarina is the Soloist Pokemon and has moved on from it's idol career as a Brionne. Please support it's change of genre for it's performances.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Popplio/Primarina won't be the first time I pick a water starter but it will be the first time that I don't regret it

Sorry Empoleon, you're cool but you're no Torterra

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
e: double post

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

SyntheticPolygon posted:

It uses water balloons to gracefully bounce around the stage. Also, Primarina is the Soloist Pokemon and has moved on from it's idol career as a Brionne. Please support it's change of genre for it's performances.

actually it just got too old/ you tried to breed it and violated it's contract.

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

Sebadoh Gigante posted:

I was just thinking how weird it is that these two characters -

started out as basically the same character.

https://twitter.com/dril/status/761170998758608896

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Crosspeice posted:

this was a cool video

that explosion play tho

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Last gen gave us such hot names as "Talonflame." Ah. A fire Pokémon with talons.

So I'm willing to accept Arrowl's given name as at least a creative choice.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

last gen gave us a good name, so maybe trash name, should get a chance ?? :shrug:

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
well its an archery pokemon and a bird so im thinking "fletchling"

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

Crosspeice posted:

Shut up, I'm not crying you're crying.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

z moves were a mistake, except the snorlax one and guardian lagann which should just be like level 65 moves

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
I disagree! I love Z-moves, as I can finally directly murder my opponent's pokemon

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

It's super effective!

Quick question: can X&Y do in person battles against OR/AS? I'm organizing a tournament for Halloween and want to set the expectations appropriately.

Basically: would Cosplaychu and Dragon Ascent cause problems in Pokéfrance?

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Nth Doctor posted:

Quick question: can X&Y do in person battles against OR/AS? I'm organizing a tournament for Halloween and want to set the expectations appropriately.

Basically: would Cosplaychu and Dragon Ascent cause problems in Pokéfrance?

things that arent in xy are banned when battling them, so you can't use that mega rayquaza or cosplay pikachu, or any of the mega evolutions not in xy. but otherwise you can battle or trade freely

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

It's super effective!

corn in the bible posted:

things that arent in xy are banned when battling them, so you can't use that mega rayquaza or cosplay pikachu, or any of the mega evolutions not in xy. but otherwise you can battle or trade freely

Cool, thanks

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

robot roll call posted:

Decidueye is a cross between deciduous as in forest and dead-eye as in sniper. It's kind of clever. They should have named the seal Lisa Frank though

yeah i'm naming mine Jesse McTree

you know what time it is

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

Crosspeice posted:

poo poo, I wasn't expecting a commercial to have a training arc.

gently caress those bad teens in their jungle lair.

Edit: AND THAT EPILOGUE

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
popplio is still the best of the three confirmed, im glad

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
:siren: :siren: :siren:
Why does japan get to pick between all those different 3ds colors and we're stuck with drab red and black only.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Ka0 posted:

Why does japan get to pick between all those different 3ds colors and we're stuck with drab red and black only.

the different plates are for the non xl new 3ds, and it was determined that americans mostly always buy xl ones, so they didnt even bother releasing that here

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Ka0 posted:

We got the best new 3ds style though?

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

estilo galaxia nueva

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Senerio posted:

We got the best new 3ds style though?

oh yes, generic space background, my favorite

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

I got a Majora's Mask N3DSXL so I'm good for my pokemon machine

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
Fairy has been confirmed not to be weak to Ghost in gen VII, so the starters don't form a secondary type triangle like in gen VI.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5SpyXCTyz4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBp1quVhbjo

More pokegen feat. the world's cutest Chancey. I like what they've done with the pokemon noises in this series, I really do.