Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

MourningView posted:

the certainty that Simmons is likely to be a star seems kinda premature imo

When you can draft yourself a slim boris diaw 1st overall, you do it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Lessail posted:

We were right lmao

Everyone here knew he was shook years ago when he got that tattoo on his chest or wherever that was entirely covered by a jersey

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Whether or not Simmons actually is a star is irrelevant to whether the process worked. The point was to get players like Simmons (consensus 1.1s). Process is over. It worked.

Now it's player development and injury luck and finding supporting players. But that is different and normal and mundane . That can still fail.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Please remind me that the process worked after our 4th straight year of 2nd round playoff exits.

Also lol at KD.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

WhyteRyce posted:

I gave Knightman a swift kick tonight. A win for humanity and a loss for the Kings

Kick it every time you see it.

$7 per hour. That's what the company plans to charge for it and they're growing quickly.

ElPedro
Apr 22, 2008

Spacebump posted:

If the Mavs had paid Parsons instead of Barnes, they would have been blown out instead of losing in OT. Barnes had a good but not great game and his basket to send it to OT was sweet. I like how Parsons plays but it should be troubling that he is on a max deal and went from could be back in round 2 of the playoffs to missing opening night months later.

A bit late on my reply, but thanks for the insight.

Yeah Parsons have really had some bad injury luck and it could be pretty cool if Barnes panned out.

It might be the angle/lighting, but man Rondo looks more buff than usual:

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I present to you, the best written sports story ever: http://www.hngn.com/articles/214158/20161028/nba-trade-rumors-la-lakers-brandon-ingram-philadelphia-76ers-nerlens.htm

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Kevin Durant reads almost everything he can that's posted about him on the internet; it feeds into his perpetual shookness

euphronius posted:

Whether or not Simmons actually is a star is irrelevant to whether the process worked. The point was to get players like Simmons (consensus 1.1s). Process is over. It worked.

Now it's player development and injury luck and finding supporting players. But that is different and normal and mundane . That can still fail.

The process is to create a winning team so no, hasn't worked yet

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
Its been fun ragging on the Warriors but holy poo poo I am glad I am not the Pelicans today.

Star Player. They use that phrase but I am not sure they know what it means.

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

:10bux:
Obviously it's only two games but I'm pretty concerned with Aldridge. His defensive effort seems pretty spotty at best. Gasol hasn't been good defensively but I expect him to improve, it seems like he's having a lot of communication issues. Aldridge just looks lazy at times.

That's my hot take. He's going to be traded for AD and the Spurs aren't going to lose another game.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

That website tried to break my phone.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Papercut posted:

This is news to no one, but Evan Turner is loving trash.

That signing is the primary reason I picked them to miss the playoffs

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Bashez posted:

Obviously it's only two games but I'm pretty concerned with Aldridge. His defensive effort seems pretty spotty at best. Gasol hasn't been good defensively but I expect him to improve, it seems like he's having a lot of communication issues. Aldridge just looks lazy at times.

That's my hot take. He's going to be traded for AD and the Spurs aren't going to lose another game.
Aldridge was great against the Warriors on the boards

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Don't click on this. Had to restart my phone.

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.

Papercut posted:

I'm not thrilled! Kept hearing oh he'a a good ball handler he's a good shooter inside the arc. Where? When?

zelah fucked around with this message at 14:58 on Oct 28, 2016

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

zelah posted:

I'm not thrilled! Kept hearing oh he'a a good all handler he's a good shooter inside the arc. Where? When?
meh, I'm not a fan but missing wide open 15 footers will smooth out. He's ok.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

The suggestion is that the Lakers trade Brandon Ingram for Nerlens Noel.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Dejan Bimble posted:

When you can draft yourself a slim boris diaw 1st overall, you do it

Boris has a jumper though

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Redgrendel2001 posted:

Don't click on this. Had to restart my phone.

the website is called hngn because that's the noise your processor makes before it dies

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

a new study bible! posted:

Please remind me that the process worked after our 4th straight year of 2nd round playoff exits.

Also lol at KD.

Please do not bring this TFF poo poo to the NBA threads

Papercut posted:

Namaste. He's a trash rear end piece of poo poo with a stupid voice and he looks like sam cassell hosed a horse and i hate him

preemptive "that's a mirror"

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Zogo posted:

code:
Kevin Durant is shook:

Votes	Percentage
Agree		  107	100%
Disagree	    0   0%

perfect

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Bashez posted:

Aldrige is a sneaky good defender. He isn't going to coming leaping in on the weak side or anything but he rebounds really well, he doesn't commit fouls (a hugely underrated aspect to defending) and he generally keeps position. He is a good "Bend, don't break" defender. That said, I do think the Spurs frontcourt will suffer against teams that move the ball and try to make opposing frontcourts stay super mobile. In theory when both Kawhi and Green are out there it should be fine.

Aldridge's DRPM has always been good (not great, but good) even before he landed on the Spurs.

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring

Jota posted:

Namaste. He's a trash rear end piece of poo poo with a stupid voice and he looks like sam cassell hosed a horse and i hate him

preemptive "that's a mirror"

I get it. I feel exactly like that about Mike Dunleavy Jr.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Papercut posted:

Gerald Green has basically perfectly slotted into his 6-man shot creator role on the Celtics for a fraction of the price.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

https://twitter.com/barstoolsports/status/791998177511608320

Warding off demons

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

attackmole posted:

I love it when people mean mug so hard they look like they're sniffing a nasty fart.

What you are describing is a Thizz Face.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

euphronius posted:

"Consensus" is kinda pushing it. He was consensus top 2 in a draft no one liked. And also that other stuff is important! One of the criticism of The Process is that it can "work" in the "getting high draft picks" sense without actually working in terms of "getting great players who contribute to a winning team" sense, which is presumably the actual goal

MourningView fucked around with this message at 15:26 on Oct 28, 2016

ragle
Nov 1, 2009

quote:

If there’s one thing that the Cavaliers don’t need right now, it would be an easy distraction
LeBron, it's only October, let TT have his fun until the playoffs

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Scene: ORACLE ARENA

KEVIN DURANT stands alone in the media room, at the podium.

KEVIN DURANT: Okay, next question

Durant points to an empty chair.

DURANT: What can I do for you?

Durant pretends to listen intently, nodding head, rubbing chin. Suddenly, his eyes widen and he steels his expression

DURANT: What?! What did you say? I'm not shook YOU'RE SHOOK

Durant angrily kicks over the podium and storms off.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

MourningView posted:

"Consensus" is kinda pushing it. He was consensus top 2 in a draft no one liked. And also that other stuff is important! One of the criticism of The Process is that it can "work" in the "getting high draft picks" sense without actually working in terms of "getting great players who contribute to a winning team" sense, which is presumably the actual goal

The goal of every team is to win .
The goal to the process was how to transform the roster that was garbage post Bynum into one with superstar assets ( because super stars win in the NBA). This is what happened. Whether they actually turn into superstars is just regular team building .

The Sixers are a normal team now.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Spoeank posted:

Scene: ORACLE ARENA

KEVIN DURANT stands alone in the media room, at the podium.

KEVIN DURANT: Okay, next question

Durant points to an empty chair.

DURANT: What can I do for you?

Durant pretends to listen intently, nodding head, rubbing chin. Suddenly, his eyes widen and he steels his expression

DURANT: What?! What did you say? I'm not shook YOU'RE SHOOK

Durant angrily kicks over the podium and storms off.

"im not shook! im not shook!" i continue to insist as i slowly shrink and transform into a corn cob

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

euphronius posted:

The goal to the process was how to transform the roster that was garbage post Bynum into one with superstar assets ( because super stars win in the NBA). This is what happened. Whether they actually turn into superstars is just regular team building .

I feel like people are arguing in circles. Obviously "The Process" was an attempt to get high draft picks and keep as many players early on rookie contracts as possible. I think, also obviously, other GMs probably won't do it again because for better or worse Hinkie lost his job.

It's a thing they did, I think they are pretty happy with where they are now, I don't think anyone is going to do it again because GMs like their jobs.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

tanglewood1420 posted:

Philly is definitely going to get something of value for Noel in February, unless his surgery rehab goes seriously wrong and he isn't healthy.

Okafor would have teams interested in him for sure but unless someone offers a high lottery pick there's really no point in Philly moving him yet, he could still be really good.

If Philly took Porzingis instead of Okafor in 2015 draft then Hinke probably still has his job.
No, because he didn't get pushed out because the pieces didn't fit. He got pushed out because parts of ownership got shook and the league applied pressure. Porzingis would've been a really really good fit to have, but from what I've heard ownership actually was against picking him although Hinkie was interested.

I got my bro a shirt that had a bust of Hinkie on it and said "2013-2016" on it and he got to wear it to the game for Embiid's debut where everyone high fived and celebrated over Embiid, Simmons, the Process, and Sam Hinkie.

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

:10bux:

Lockback posted:

Aldrige is a sneaky good defender. He isn't going to coming leaping in on the weak side or anything but he rebounds really well, he doesn't commit fouls (a hugely underrated aspect to defending) and he generally keeps position. He is a good "Bend, don't break" defender. That said, I do think the Spurs frontcourt will suffer against teams that move the ball and try to make opposing frontcourts stay super mobile. In theory when both Kawhi and Green are out there it should be fine.

Aldridge's DRPM has always been good (not great, but good) even before he landed on the Spurs.

I really liked Aldridge last year defensively. This is probably just a bunch of premature stuff but he just doesn't look as focused right now. Lee has been pretty surprising, actually. I know I'm just blowing a tiny sample size out of proportion.

Pretty happy with Kyle Anderson's play too.

I'm hoping the Spurs just had a little come down versus the Kings because they did not look particularly good.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

Fast Luck posted:

No, because he didn't get pushed out because the pieces didn't fit. He got pushed out because parts of ownership got shook and the league applied pressure. Porzingis would've been a really really good fit to have, but from what I've heard ownership actually was against picking him although Hinkie was interested.

I got my bro a shirt that had a bust of Hinkie on it and said "2013-2016" on it and he got to wear it to the game for Embiid's debut where everyone high fived and celebrated over Embiid, Simmons, the Process, and Sam Hinkie.

Zingis avoided the 76ers like LeBron's avoiding Khloe Kardashian.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

euphronius posted:

They were a normal team before they Kafka'd themseves into a joke for four seasons. It doesn't take that long to rebuild

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

euphronius posted:

So they obliterated a normal team for four years so that they could once again become a normal team but with slightly more potential. Congratu-loving-lations.

Stiev Awt
Mar 20, 2007

Congrats to the Philadelphia Phillies on becoming the Edmonton Oilers.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
The Process is the NBA fan version of The Red Pill.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Strawberry Panda posted:

Zingis avoided the 76ers like LeBron's avoiding Khloe Kardashian.
He only did one on-court workout for NBA teams before the draft but Hinkie went several times to Spain to see him, and I heard the Sixers had seen more of King Zing than any other franchise
http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/sixers/20150613_Sixers__taking_a_closer_look_at_European_star.html
http://www.phillyvoice.com/reports-sixers-ownership-pressured-sam-hinkie-take-jahlil-okafor-over-kristaps-porzingis/

• Locked thread