Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Begemot posted:

I love that quirks are seeming less and less "grounded", and more like devil fruits from One Piece where they can just do whatever as long as you can vaguely justify it.

Like if Tsuyu trained more she could learn to excrete deadly poison from her skin. Maybe Ojiro can improve his quirk and add a stinger to his tail.

Tsuyu can already excrete poison. It just's not deadly merely stinging.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

If orcas deal is he can do anything an orca can do (BUT ON LAND?!) then I dont see why tsuyu cant do frog camo and make poison.

God i hope she doesnt start doing toad stuff
Toads are creepy

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light

Dr Subterfuge posted:

E: and that last page. Jesus MangaStream :barf:

That face is going to live in my nightmares.

resurgam40
Jul 22, 2007

Battler, the literal stupidest man on earth. Why are you even here, Battler, why did you come back to this place so you could fuck literally everything up?
Wow, I really love Boss Orca- everything about him, especially his crazy eyes, is just really cool. I'm actually sad he didn't get to do more, him and his crew (which looked pretty solid).

I'm glad Tsuyu's powers are actually developing in a way that makes total sense, and still don't seem too broken. And hey, guys! Ojiro got to do something! Highlight of the chapter for me, really.

I'm actually kind of surprised the author followed through on having Todoroki fail- as he deserved to, don't get me wrong, but the fujobait characters (especially overpowered ones, as he is) are generally cut a little bit more slack for this. Or maybe I've just been broken by Naruto and Bleach... If it sticks, and he isn't given some bullshit second chance and has to live with the consequences of not getting a provisional license...I'm gonna be impressed, no lie.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Fuckin Mineta made it. Dear god.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
Also, just so everyone is clear - we haven't actually seen if todoroki failed, we just saw a terrible look on his face, which he has most of the time.

Did he fail? Probably. But we don't know for certain.

Wild Horses
Oct 31, 2012

There's really no meaning in making beetles fight.
good. i'm glad they're gone.

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

Also, just so everyone is clear - we haven't actually seen if todoroki failed, we just saw a terrible look on his face, which he has most of the time.

It would have been clunky to show both him and wind guy explicitly seeing that their name isn't on the list, so instead we get a panel of him with a terrible look on his face sharing panel space with a text bubble talking about not making it. So are we certain? No, but it has been all but explicitly stated.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

Wind dude made the exact same mistake as him and he failed. Perhaps he still passed because Endeavor pulled some strings and now Todoroki's pissed because he knows he should have failed

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
Is it a rule that MS has to pick the worst fan art they can find to go with their chapters?

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Oooooh, a certain someone with a flaming beard is going to be mighty unhappy with how the exam went :allears:

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Finally, underbite troll can sleep.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
There might be a way to get them a mockup exam to get their licenses which would be consistent and let them still do stuff. I get the criticism of "Lol everyone livespasses!", but at the sametime we can't just arbitrarily bench some characters as that's a good way for them to lose a lot of screentime.

The characters that rightly should fail should fail; but then introduce a sufficiently exciting way for them to pass; technically it means failing didn't mean anything in a sense; but if we get some character development earned and some nice art I think that makes it a meaningful detour.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
SFX: HAIR!

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

This was the highlight for me. I love how Cousin It was given a "oh you done hosed up now" moment.

Wild Horses
Oct 31, 2012

Raenir Salazar posted:

There might be a way to get them a mockup exam to get their licenses which would be consistent and let them still do stuff. I get the criticism of "Lol everyone livespasses!", but at the sametime we can't just arbitrarily bench some characters as that's a good way for them to lose a lot of screentime.

The characters that rightly should fail should fail; but then introduce a sufficiently exciting way for them to pass; technically it means failing didn't mean anything in a sense; but if we get some character development earned and some nice art I think that makes it a meaningful detour.

we've already had a lot of todo highlights, enough already. let him do a hell camp with his daddy for 50 chapters and return in glory.
I want to see all the underpowered kids, like we just saw tsuyu

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Green Intern posted:

Fuckin Mineta made it. Dear god.

I kind of want to see how he got his points since his power could be pretty useful for securing dangerous rubble while rescuing people. Him and Sero would be good for that, I think!

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Raenir Salazar posted:

I disagree with the idea that failure means a character is "benched"; It's not like anyone who fails just wouldn't help out if the situation calls for it. Todoroki failing to get a license just means he'll have a few moments at the start of a fight where he watches and wonders if he can trust the licensed heroes to win without him before jumping in if its serious enough.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Rigged Death Trap posted:

If orcas deal is he can do anything an orca can do (BUT ON LAND?!) then I dont see why tsuyu cant do frog camo and make poison.

God i hope she doesnt start doing toad stuff
Toads are creepy

Really excited for her to shoot blood out of her eyes.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
Still waiting for her to develop hallucinogenic chemicals on her skin so that one touch makes her enemy like :lsd:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Also, it's not like those who are passing are straight up graduating. They'll still be with each other, it's just a provisional license.

It's a Hero Learner's Permit.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Hagekure got shafted. Tsuyu can now turn semi-invisible and somehow it works through her costume while Hagekure has to be naked.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Given that Hagakure's quirk is apparently manipulating light she might be able to make illusions and poo poo.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

they failed now so that in a year from now we can get a hxh moment where they come in and shut everyone out in the first phase of the exam

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Mr. Fowl posted:

I kind of want to see how he got his points since his power could be pretty useful for securing dangerous rubble while rescuing people. Him and Sero would be good for that, I think!

Mineta, Sero, and the Net Guy that showed up in one panel can form a power trio that specializes in capture and rescue.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007
Remember how in Naruto, Naruto didn't pass his ninja exams and didn't get promoted? It's like that, it doesn't really matter in terms of his presence in the story that Todoroki didn't get his learner's permit.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

Page 9 bottom right: is that a skeleman rescuing the monopoly guy? The other two look pretty distinct as well.

Getting saved by boneguy must be weird.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Wild Horses posted:

we've already had a lot of todo highlights, enough already. let him do a hell camp with his daddy for 50 chapters and return in glory.
I want to see all the underpowered kids, like we just saw tsuyu

Todo basically just needs to suck up his pride and learn how to cooperate with others and also use his fire half better

Mostly the first thing

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I kinda hope he never forgives his dad. The dude is garbage and even if he feels bad I don't really think Shouto needs to forgive him to move on.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

Tsuyu's frogginess keeps getting stronger

Can't say Todoroki didn't deserve to fail after his conduct, but I still feel bad for him

No Tsuyu step back, too froggy!

Fabricated posted:

I kinda hope he never forgives his dad. The dude is garbage and even if he feels bad I don't really think Shouto needs to forgive him to move on.

Yeah I hope he accepts his dad is trash but that doesn't mean he has to "live up" to him, doesn't forgive him but removes him from his life outside of professionally, then becomes his own person. He's still his father's son at this point and that relationship was poisonous from before he was even born. It doesn't need to be salvaged.

Eggplant Squire fucked around with this message at 13:43 on Oct 28, 2016

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Radish posted:

No Tsuyu step back, too froggy!

Yeah I hope he accepts his dad is trash but that doesn't mean he has to "live up" to him, doesn't forgive him but removes him from his life outside of professionally, then becomes his own person. He's still his father's son at this point and that relationship was poisonous from before he was even born. It doesn't need to be salvaged.

Well, getting to give Endeavour a beatdown after he inevitably crosses the line would be pretty satisfying, too.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
Soon Tsuyu will become too froggy and start doing this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYKPdNvH800

Wild Horses
Oct 31, 2012

pretend i posted pepe the frog here

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Darth Walrus posted:

Well, getting to give Endeavour a beatdown after he inevitably crosses the line would be pretty satisfying, too.
I have this feeling we're headed for an Endeavor redemption arc at some point because of Japanese face saving stuff.

Remember that Shouto asked his mom for forgiveness when he started seeing her again. That's kind of a cultural thing.

Hori is also a nice guy and probably sees Shouto forgiving his dad as a way of letting go of his anger. Endeavor feeling a pang of guilt at what he did to his family after seeing All Might's true form indicates to me he's being set up to redeem himself at some point.

Really, I'd never forgive the guy. There are other ways to move on. I was kinda grossed out that Shouto even worked with him. Even if he is #2 there's nothing I'd want to learn from this person.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
I don't think Endeavor was the least bit sorry about how he treated his family the last time he saw him, he was just salty beyond words that All Might went out of the game taking out a super strong dude in an amazing fight instead of becoming a good enough hero to become number 1 on his own.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Fabricated posted:

I have this feeling we're headed for an Endeavor redemption arc at some point because of Japanese face saving stuff.

Remember that Shouto asked his mom for forgiveness when he started seeing her again. That's kind of a cultural thing.

Hori is also a nice guy and probably sees Shouto forgiving his dad as a way of letting go of his anger. Endeavor feeling a pang of guilt at what he did to his family after seeing All Might's true form indicates to me he's being set up to redeem himself at some point.

Really, I'd never forgive the guy. There are other ways to move on. I was kinda grossed out that Shouto even worked with him. Even if he is #2 there's nothing I'd want to learn from this person.

I want him to be redeemed, but I want him to have to deal head on with all the pain and issues he's caused each of his kids. I want him to try to reach out to them like a normal father would, just to realize that kind of relationship may never be possible again and that his actions may have closed his children's hearts to him forever. And I want him to keep trying to undo what he did, regardless of how futile it is

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Last Celebration posted:

I don't think Endeavor was the least bit sorry about how he treated his family the last time he saw him, he was just salty beyond words that All Might went out of the game taking out a super strong dude in an amazing fight instead of becoming a good enough hero to become number 1 on his own.

When he saw how pitiful All Might looked in his true form he watched his effort all go up in smoke, then reflected on the "sacrifices" he made willingly to reach his goal and was at least momentarily really disturbed.

He even says "in my despair, I...", before seeing an image of his family and raging at All Might for not being this image he has had in his head for so long. He felt bad for an instant, even if he didn't get why.

E: it's weird that I feel so tumblrish about this. Shouto shouldn't need to forgive anyone imo- he was and is a victim of pretty terrible abuse. Forgiving his parents could make him feel better but I'm not sure it's the healthiest response. Dude needs a shrink.

Fabricated fucked around with this message at 15:41 on Oct 28, 2016

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I think todoroki forgiving his father would be better, but not them making up and being cool with each other. like he should say "I've grown past what you've done and I forgive you but I don't want you to be part of my life", then just leave. so he becomes a better person and hero than endeavor by going against what endeavor wanted, then leaving him with nothing. that's the biggest 'gently caress you' imaginable imo, while also allowing todoroki to grow as a character

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Condiv posted:

I want him to be redeemed, but I want him to have to deal head on with all the pain and issues he's caused each of his kids. I want him to try to reach out to them like a normal father would, just to realize that kind of relationship may never be possible again and that his actions may have closed his children's hearts to him forever. And I want him to keep trying to undo what he did, regardless of how futile it is

Well, and his wives. Guy is a heavily-implied serial marital rapist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Wives? I thought the point was that he only had one wife and it was just that only Todo was the one to get the quirk set that Endeavor wanted.