Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Skyl3lazer posted:

That GP promo is going to be <5$

Yeah, it's totally going to be worth less than 20% of the current foil version because

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Toshimo posted:

Yeah, it's totally going to be worth less than 20% of the current foil version because

Supply and demand. :smug:

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

Because they sell out events anyway and desired card is a valuable card and why would they give away valuable things when they don't have to? See: Prerelease promos for several years, fnm promos recently, and the axing of judge and most foils.

WOTC has to have employees spend time arranging these cards to sent to the printers. They have to pay for them to be printed. They then have to get employees to arrange these to be sent to the stores/TO's. A relevant amount of money is being spent giving people stuff they dont' want.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received
Games > Traditional Games > M:tG: money is being spent giving people stuff they dont' want

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

congrats to modo for memory lapse not working which gets rid of 99% of the fun innistrad draft decks. good work modo. you've outdone yourself.

edit: i mean memorys journey, good job rabidsquid

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

rabidsquid posted:

congrats to modo for memory lapse not working which gets rid of 99% of the fun innistrad draft decks. good work modo. you've outdone yourself.

DId Perpetual Timepiece break shuffling things into the library, or something? That's the only explanation I can see for a 5-year-old card breaking between then and now.

Nemico
Sep 23, 2006

Does anyone other than me really hate when somebody with a preview card (especially Rosewater) says "World, meet %cardname"

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Nemico posted:

Does anyone other than me really hate when somebody with a preview card (especially Rosewater) says "World, meet %cardname"

Yes.

rabidsquid posted:

Looks like you're having a memory lapse. :haw:

SoftNum
Mar 31, 2011

Count Bleck posted:

Yes.

Looks like you're having a memory lapse. :haw:

Don't point it out... You should let him make a Silent Departure.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Nemico posted:

only if it isn't a legendary creature or planeswalker

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Sickening posted:

I don't understand why WOTC wants to print unwanted promos at any level of event. Seems like a waste of time/money printing and shipping cards for nothing.

There's a plaque at WotC headquarters that reads "People will buy it anyways" and whenever people are worried something might be a bad idea they just look at the plaque for guidance.

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005

Sit on my Jace
Sep 9, 2016

The gay agenda lets you play gays from your graveyard, but you can only cast one gay a turn.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Just realized the statues are crossing swords too :dong:

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
I said it in another thread, may as well repeat it here: the two Kings are 2/8, meaning separately you can have a bear and a fantastic butt :gay:

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

Toshimo posted:

GP promo Griselbrand is 10$, pack foil is 40$.

instantrunoffvote
Jul 23, 2007

Skyl3lazer posted:

GP promo Griselbrand is 10$, pack foil is 40$.

That has worse art. Not that the Progenitus promo is going to be worth anything, but the cases aren't quite comparable.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

So let me get this straight:

This man hits the board and I can grab all the Sword of Feast and Famines on the board and put them on this jerk?

Edit: Or do I get to take all the equipment and throw it on him, making him a blender of death?

Count Bleck fucked around with this message at 05:53 on Oct 28, 2016

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

Count Bleck posted:

This man hits the board and I can grab all the Sword of Feast and Famines on the board and put them on this jerk?

Edit: Or do I get to take all the equipment and throw it on him, making him a blender of death?

All the equipment. If it were the former, it would say "Any number of Equipment with the same name as target Equipment."

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Lottery of Babylon posted:

All the equipment. If it were the former, it would say "Any number of Equipment with the same name as target Equipment."

So basically if it's any standard EDH game, this thing has Haste, Shroud, at least 2 types of Protection, and is going to put some counters on a Jitte.

I like it.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
Yes, but not necessarily your Jitte.

Though it's worth noting that you don't have to choose all the equipment. You can (and probably should) leave the Jitte's behind.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Jabor posted:

Yes, but not necessarily your Jitte.

Though it's worth noting that you don't have to choose all the equipment. You can (and probably should) leave the Jitte's behind.

True, Jitte is the thing with the abilities and not your creature.

You get to make the guy with the Batterskull sad, though.

Pharohman777
Jan 14, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I imagine the Armory Automaton uses a giant electromagnet to yank all the equipment out of everyone's hands.

It probably looks like a shuffling pile of magical blades and boots when it attacks.

At least the players controlling the equipment can move it back to their creatures when their turn comes around.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

I really like how he gets to attack as a usually-haste usually-untargetable usually-unblockable rear end in a top hat with tons of sword effects, every turn until everyone successively removes all their greaves from him or someone drops a boardwipe. Very powerful in midrange playgroups, especially for that low cost.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

Count Bleck posted:

It reads weirdly because the plural of equipment is equipment.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

The Shortest Path posted:

I really like how he gets to attack as a usually-haste usually-untargetable usually-unblockable rear end in a top hat with tons of sword effects, every turn until everyone successively removes all their greaves from him or someone drops a boardwipe. Very powerful in midrange playgroups, especially for that low cost.

He's a gray ogre and the owner of the swords gets the effects and you really don't want to steal jittes. He's somewhat interesting, but he doesn't carry games.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

The rest of the new cards of C16:

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
All gorillas should come with Predator Claws.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Ash Barrens would be sweet for standard.

anglachel
May 28, 2012
Is the new fixing in these products good enough to displace what's already in use in Commander?

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

mcmagic posted:

Ash Barrens would be sweet for standard.

I like the design a lot.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

also.

https://twitter.com/MagicOnline/status/791810190492389377

A Good Product

Mischalaniouse
Nov 7, 2009

*ribbit*
Oh sweet, there are two Black/White Cleric Legendaries with Partner. At last my Black/White Cleric Tribal Commander deck has a proper Commander(s).

En Fuego
Oct 8, 2004

The Reverend

Mischalaniouse posted:

Oh sweet, there are two Black/White Cleric Legendaries with Partner. At last my Black/White Cleric Tribal Commander deck has a proper Commander(s).

The best Cleric tribal is Athreos / Shadowborn Apostle deck!

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

En Fuego posted:

The best Cleric tribal is Athreos / Shadowborn Apostle deck!

Agreed. I was actually thinking about building that deck because it looks hilarious to play.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received
Play Ravos/Kylede, to finally get Intruder Alarm, Shadowborn Apostles, Glimpse of Nature-type effects, and mana dorks in the same place at the same time.

Also theoretically your commanders might do something whatever.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

Play Ravos/Kylede, to finally get Intruder Alarm, Shadowborn Apostles, Glimpse of Nature-type effects, and mana dorks in the same place at the same time.

Also theoretically your commanders might do something whatever.

I mean, Ravos is a cleric.

Uhhlive
Jun 18, 2004

I'm not the public.
I'm the President

Mischalaniouse posted:

What about Ayli, Eternal Pilgrim?

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

well its not like Memory's Journey is a key part of the most fun draft archetype or anything

(well it's not anymore since everyone tries to force it now a days)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:

Establish the Buns

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:

It's too bad that this multimillion dollar brand owned by a billion dollar corporation can't solve the gargantuan task of allocating an appropriate amount of resources to a real product that they charge money for.

• Locked thread