Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

So a bunch of FBI snitches got sent boxes of dildos. Beautiful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

murray's LinkedIn password was "NoMansSkyWasAMistake1!"

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

lol it took something as dumb as this to get anyone from HelloGames talking again. what a collection of fucks

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
Please give me free quality professional advice so I can be a baby about it and insult you
Since the Undertale thread is closed and dead, I figure it'd be cool to post this fresh little short somebody just published:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBKttlt0xd4

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Love Stole the Day posted:

Since the Undertale thread is closed and dead, I figure it'd be cool to post this fresh little short somebody just published:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBKttlt0xd4

thats p cute

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Love Stole the Day posted:

http://www.oregonlive.com/oregon-standoff/2016/10/oregon_standoff_verdicts_annou.html -- ctrl+f "informants"

protip: go to google news and ctrl+f "highly cited" and "most referenced" to find the actual stuff worth reading.

Just to put this into context, though: just because they were "informants" doesn't mean they were plants or whatever. It just means that they were recruited by the FBI to turn on their own people or at least to keep the FBI informed on what was going on internally with their group. Part of the reason why the jury apparently acquitted all of them was because the government wasn't willing to disclose who the informants were or put them up on the stand, so the defense lawyer made it seem like they were all provocateurs and plants... and the government couldn't reveal their secrets so the defense's bluff wasn't called and the jury gave them reasonable doubt. That's just my understanding of it, anyway.

Why did you put spoiler tags there.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Spirit of Justice spoilers

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Spoiler tags are fun!!!!!

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Lurdiak posted:

probably to change the tone of the post and how the message was conveyed. i'm just spitballing here so don't sass me too

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

oddium posted:

probably to change the tone of the post and how the message was conveyed. i'm just spitballing here so don't sass me too

It was a genuine inquiry, not sass.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

i choose to believe you...

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

Last night I watched my brother beat Paper Mario:TTYD, which he'd picked up on a whim after we'd dug it out of the collection on a drunken whim the previous weekend

Man, what a great game, but that last cutscene before the final fight made me remember why I never bothered to beat it again after the first time. It took longer than the drat final battle.

Next weekend we're tackling the pit of 100 trials. He's never finished it, I have. Can't wait for him to be disappointed at the final reward.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
No Man is gonna actually believe that he was hacked. *Spins bowtie.*

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Not a Children posted:

Last night I watched my brother beat Paper Mario:TTYD, which he'd picked up on a whim after we'd dug it out of the collection on a drunken whim the previous weekend

Man, what a great game, but that last cutscene before the final fight made me remember why I never bothered to beat it again after the first time. It took longer than the drat final battle.

Nothing is ever going to top the agonizingly long and boring cutscene before the final boss of Golden Sun.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

VJeff posted:

No Man is gonna actually believe that he was hacked. *Spins bowtie.*

he didnt claim that he was hacked though???

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
Please give me free quality professional advice so I can be a baby about it and insult you

Lurdiak posted:

Because the original comment about the topic that I quoted or whatever was in spoiler tags so I was just going with it

edit-- also because it was kind of off-topic and as we all know off-topic is cool if you put spoiler tags around it

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

sean murray was hacked?? more like sean murray IS hack!! please fund my patreon

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Lurdiak posted:

Nothing is ever going to top the agonizingly long and boring cutscene before the final boss of Golden Sun.

I'll probably never beat TTYD again.

I'll definitely never play Golden Sun again

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Sometimes long cut scenes are okay, like if you wanted to make yourself a sandwich you could just cast Knights of the Round in Final Fantasy 7

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I remember inviting a friend to my house back in elementary school just to show him all of the sweet FF7 summon animations

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
A lot of them really are super badass the first time, like Bahamut Zero or Knights of the Round

But yeah, the 30th time you've cast them (much less 300th) it gets old as gently caress.

Look forward to the new super long animations in Final Fantasy XV!

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

oddium posted:

sean murray was hacked?? more like sean murray IS hack!! please fund my patreon

Link???

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Zaphod42 posted:

A lot of them really are super badass the first time, like Bahamut Zero or Knights of the Round

But yeah, the 30th time you've cast them (much less 300th) it gets old as gently caress.

Look forward to the new super long animations in Final Fantasy XV!
if ff15 is like a lot of recent FFs, the first time you use them you get the full summon and then you get an abbreviated animation

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Last page dude. Also the story has already moved on, there's some people quoting murray saying it was him and others quoting him saying it was a disgruntled employee, so we don't know what is going on but it wasn't a hack. (Maybe he's the disgruntled employee lol)

Endorph posted:

if ff15 is like a lot of recent FFs, the first time you use them you get the full summon and then you get an abbreviated animation

Yeah that's the smart way to do it.

To be fair that Ramuh animation does look super funky dope.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Why would you use a summon 300 times

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Help Im Alive posted:

Why would you use a summon 300 times

In order to beat the weapons? Because you have some materia combo that uses them?

That's kinda how late FF7 goes.

Not 300 times in one battle, obviously. Over the course of the last disc.

Also QuadMagic-Summon combo, although that doesn't work for KOTR.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

Zaphod42 posted:

Last page dude.

I was looking for a link to the paetron!

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Zaphod42 posted:

In order to beat the weapons? Because you have some materia combo that uses them?

That's kinda how late FF7 goes.

Not 300 times in one battle, obviously. Over the course of the last disc.

Also QuadMagic-Summon combo, although that doesn't work for KOTR.

QuadMagic-Mime does, though! :eng101:

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

The only things I even used summons on in FF7 were two of the weapons (and i think it's mostly just conditional Phoenix and maybe like Hades? I forget). in FF8 it's actually better NOT to use summons almost at all, because even with high compatibility, you can swing faster. GFs are more to adjust character stats than use. Doomtrain can be useful late in the game, and Eden and Cactuar because they're one of the only things that break the damage cap. 10 i only used them really to beat Jumbo Flan when I was getting everyone's stats to 255, because Jumbo Flan takes forever without Animus, it's better to just Quick Hit repeatedly otherwise. there might have been one or two things in the arena i used the Magus Sisters on, I don't remember.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I used KOTR on Sephiroth just to make the whole battle 8 minutes of animations where all of us were just throwing the cosmos at each other because that's loving badass

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

I used summons to beat a lot of poo poo, like sephiroth, but I also was a dumb kid who thought they were super epic so nothing could ever do more damage :downs:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Zaphod42 posted:

I used summons to beat a lot of poo poo, like sephiroth, but I also was a dumb kid who thought they were super epic so nothing could ever do more damage :downs:

Same

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Yeah I thought they did the most damage. I also played with WAIT turned on to make the entire game play like a turn-based game.

I also played on PC and didn't have a gameplad so I played with a flight stick.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

In Training posted:

I used KOTR on Sephiroth just to make the whole battle 8 minutes of animations where all of us were just throwing the cosmos at each other because that's loving badass

That makes sense. Also it would let you hear more of the cool Sephiroth song.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Bicyclops posted:

That makes sense. Also it would let you hear more of the cool Sephiroth song.

ONE WINGED ANGEL

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
I remember FF8 had you like tap a button to power up the summon while the animation was going on- would do this thing where you had to STOP tapping when it told you to or you would lose all the power you built up.

Not much but at least they tried to do something to mitigate watching those summon animations over and over again.

Zaphod42 posted:

"Alexander is a giant robot that fires a bunch of missiles it's so cool and I can just keep doing it?!!? Let's use that again and again and again"

-Young Me

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
I used Knights of the Round to kill Emerald Weapon. Otherwise I pretty much used summons just like spells, normally reserved for bosses or hard encounters. Because they looked super cool.

And Phoenix + Last Attack also, that was useful.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Monkey Fracas posted:

I remember FF8 had you like tap a button to power up the summon while the animation was going on- would do this thing where you had to STOP tapping when it told you to or you would lose all the power you built up.

Not much but at least they tried to do something to mitigate watching those summon animations over and over again.

"Alexander is a giant robot that fires a bunch of missiles it's so cool and I can just keep doing it?!!? Let's use that again and again and again"

-Young Me

boost yeah, it sucked

glad they just give you the option to toggle summons, or stop seeing the full animation after the first go

also re: alexander : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YiBnxSIDhY&t=45s

Good poo poo happens at 2:45

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

so hellogames gets "hacked," then confirms no it was a disgruntled employee, then sean murray tweets back hellogames account asking if they're still hacked. lol wtf

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Monkey Fracas posted:

The great thing about Boost, GF HP + % and GF SumMag + % were that they were all AP I could safely ignore. It's broken how early in the game you can get Stat Atk-J plus death on most weapons, and then just use Quistis's Black Hole to clean up the things that don't instantly die.

• Locked thread