Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Because sometimes they do change the geometry (mida, juju, armor). My guess is they wanted to unify the term across armor and weapons and also brand it a bit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

I'm sure this is correct (note sure hate is the right word) but the silly/sad part is Bungie saying with a straight face "we, the developer that coded this game from scratch, cannot control this element of our game" and worse the BDF believing it.

Remember when the MegaMan dataminer guy proved there were Two Xurs. I'm sure one wasn't the rng one and the other the curated one and I'm also sure there's never been a switch on their server management tools to activate the later.

The Division is in many ways a poor-men made Destiny, and the static events (stuff similar to Xur) was hardcoded in the game as a XML file. So to renew static activities they had to publish a patch. I don't know how it works now, but these used to cost a lot of money. It was soo poorly done that many times the game would run out of data (done all the activities hardcoded in the file) so the game would start having no dailies or repeating the same daily again and again.

Console game developers are basically stupid people. I could believe many strange things, because I have seen many strange things.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

SpaceGoku posted:

Xur is random. Xur can also be specifically curated when Bungie wants him to be. Bungie has never given us a straight answer about him, but what Bungie says and what happens in-game are two different things.

Conveniently, Bungie really, really wants him to be curated this weekend (probably next weekend, too!!!!!).

he will definitely sell whatever gun has new ornaments (Red Death?)

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Bungie needs to fire up the Destiny Workshop and let players submit ornaments for guns.

TheSwingLord
Feb 12, 2007

red death but with some rude titties

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

TheSwingLord posted:

Change the extra grenades on armamentarium to you know, baps

Or balls.

Either or

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I want truck nutz on my dunemarchers.

TheSwingLord
Feb 12, 2007

dragons breath but it has a cute anime girl pinup on the side

bungie please let me know if you want more, my prices are reasonable

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

I refuse to spend real money on loot boxes but if they added an ornament for Armamentarium that just made it accept shaders I'd be tempted.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
It does though

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

My bad, I meant Twilight Garrison.

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006
lol if you aren't wearing twilight garrison, the alak-hul helmet, and candlelight.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
lol at caring about the loving gun skins on weapons, nobody loving sees that poo poo.

ornaments on armor are pretty cool though and its amazing they're spending all this time doing gun skins for weapons you change out on any given map as compared to doing more armor skins for exotics that you'll wear all the time. imgine if you could apply different skins to the ophidian aspects and they would change from cobras to mambas to rattlesnakes? and tif the rattlesnake one made you sound like a maraca when you ran lmao

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

Bungie hire this man.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

TheSwingLord posted:

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Ornaments and skins would be more interesting if you ever actually looked at anyone's character.

Like if you died in crucible and the game zoomed to a brief still frame of the guy that just trashed you, then ornaments would be fun. But as they are they're just a "GIVE US MONEY PLEASE" so whales can feel stylish when they bring up their equipment screen.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
The gun takes up more screen real estate than any other asset

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

xzzy posted:

Ornaments and skins would be more interesting if you ever actually looked at anyone's character.

Like if you died in crucible and the game zoomed to a brief still frame of the guy that just trashed you, then ornaments would be fun. But as they are they're just a "GIVE US MONEY PLEASE" so whales can feel stylish when they bring up their equipment screen.

Let's just say there's a reason this game doesn't have a kill cam and it's not that

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
The only times you get a really good look at someone else's armor are a) the crucible match intro sequence and b) when someone in the raid takes a bathroom break. I'm surprised they haven't focused more on customizing the former. You can get new spawn-in animations from the faction exotic class items but the halloween spawn changers don't seem to affect it, and if they let you change your pose or make gestures those would sell like hotcakes.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Let's just say there's a reason this game doesn't have a kill cam and it's not that

If the reason is radiance or revive game modes, don't care. Kill cams are fun. :colbert:

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

xzzy posted:

If the reason is radiance or revive game modes, don't care. Kill cams are fun. :colbert:

hint: it is the tick rate

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Thorn but with red skin and green trails for the bullets and a "ouch ouch ouch" sound effect for the people poisoned.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

xzzy posted:

It's that it would lay bare how egregious the damage referee can be. Lag would be obvious

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Emron posted:

It's that it would lay bare how egregious the damage referee can be. Lag would be obvious

its fairly obvious on its own

http://i.imgur.com/WrOsxzu.gifv

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

That's just a taken thrall

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Emron posted:

Oh, I wasn't talking a 5 second replay. I meant a TF2 style screenshot of them celebrating your demise.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Emron posted:

That's just a taken thrall

Right? I wish I had a 50 foot shadestep distance

http://i.imgur.com/uCEvJpa.gifv

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

moist has either the best timing in the world, or the worst.

http://i.imgur.com/nbHJUr0.gifv

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006
He's on that orbs grind.

Number Ten Cocks
Feb 25, 2016

by zen death robot
Bungie lie chat and no one brought up the .04% fiasco? Burn this thread down.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
i also liked when wrecks put 3 golden gun shots into that bubble because it was still up when our squad was over on the other side of the map pushing towards the enemies sitting inside it

Last_Taste
Feb 13, 2012

To avoid boredom I am playing with all my PVP loadouts. I played as a sun breaker in supremacy this morning, and it was weird but fun to have a roaming super. What is the best sunbreaker exotic? I was using arma since I am used to having two lightning grenades, and the incendiary nades were pretty effective (I suck at sticking people with fusion). I know that immolation fists are a go to, but has anybody used dunemarchers? Matching it with the shoulder tackle super could be fun. Any other obvious choices I am missing?

I always run voidwalker on my warlock, but I am going to switch to a shock lock. Are impossible machines the go to since landfall was nerfed, or is ophidian the new hotness for pvp?

The only class I am going to have a hard time changing is my hunter. I love gunslinger, but the new tracking grenade gloves seem good, and I might finally try to run a blade dance. I just want my 1HK tripmines back... :smith:

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

Number Ten Cocks posted:

Bungie lie chat and no one brought up the .04% fiasco? Burn this thread down.

I think you mean 4%. 0.04% would mean that only a handful of people would have even seen one yet.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

The other day I revisited Skywatch. Nobody was there, theres no reason to be there except the part where you cross it in the ownigul strike.

The nostalgia feel was stupid strong, so much that made me depressed.

Like a cardboard bear.
In a sauna.
I feel hopeless.

Has I have never lost anything,
except the things that where important to me.

~ a Unnamed titan.

Number Ten Cocks
Feb 25, 2016

by zen death robot

Obsurveyor posted:

I think you mean 4%. 0.04% would mean that only a handful of people would have even seen one yet.

One of us is confused or missing the joke.

I'm talking about the 4% damage buff to an AR class that was hyped in advance of the patch, then when it was revealed they'd hosed up and increased the damage by .04% they said they wouldn't fix it, they'd always meant to do it that way, and that .04% was a meaningful change that would have game effects.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
and no one uses any of that auto rifle class to this day

Number Ten Cocks
Feb 25, 2016

by zen death robot
Deej is Baghdad Bob's son.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

So I guess this linear comp QuickDraw hammeforged rangefinder last ditch that I got and have been using actually is pretty dope. I know that I asked and someone in the thread said it was good but this thing puts in work

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

Number Ten Cocks posted:

One of us is confused or missing the joke.

I'm talking about the 4% damage buff to an AR class that was hyped in advance of the patch, then when it was revealed they'd hosed up and increased the damage by .04% they said they wouldn't fix it, they'd always meant to do it that way, and that .04% was a meaningful change that would have game effects.

You got confused.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Number Ten Cocks
Feb 25, 2016

by zen death robot

el B posted:

You got confused.

I guess I still am.

"Even seen one" what?

• Locked thread