Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WhatDo
Nov 22, 2012

Cool, good to know. Will add when I get back home.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

Famethrowa posted:

Announcements are available to all members to send out when you want a lobby, but yeah, games generally happen by being on each others friends lists.

You can add me http://steamcommunity.com/id/famethrowa

Haha what

Fusion Restaurant
May 20, 2015

Famethrowa posted:

FFA on custom servers requires crazy fast reflexes and on point aiming. You'd get destroyed repeatedly until you quit.

Aimbots is good to practice taps and sprays, and once you get bored with bots, 1v1 servers can be a good place to pick up aim and movement.

One tapping is good but you will want to get AK sprays in your toolbox soon.

Ok, AK sprays are amazing. I've started basically just aiming down and to the left and it works surprisingly well?

Also FFA servers are crazy fun! I actually did pretty well in the one I played -- it seems like aim is not my biggest issue so much as positioning and literally everything else.

E: also I killed b4nny of tf2 fame

Fusion Restaurant fucked around with this message at 07:12 on Oct 28, 2016

surc
Aug 17, 2004

Agoat posted:

Haha what

He is saying that anybody in the group can make an announcement saying "Hey, looking to MM", but the most consistent way to get games is to play with people you enjoy playing with, friend them, and then get lobbies going by invites and/or steam messsages. (This is true both for goons, and people in general.)

:confused:

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

surc posted:

He is saying that anybody in the group can make an announcement saying "Hey, looking to MM", but the most consistent way to get games is to play with people you enjoy playing with, friend them, and then get lobbies going by invites and/or steam messsages. (This is true both for goons, and people in general.)

:confused:

I'm on mobile and quoted the wrong post. Thanks Obama.

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

:matters:

Time for another day of trainwrecks https://www.twitch.tv/proleaguecsgo

Did they sell beer at any of the other events? This is the first time I've seen concessions people walking around selling beer (and everyone drinking them!)

It's 10:25am and I want a CSGO Beer :negative:

New Zealand can eat me fucked around with this message at 15:26 on Oct 28, 2016

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
Any beer can be CS:GO beer if you make good life choices. :)

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

Agoat posted:

Any beer can be CS:GO beer if you make good life choices. :)

Yeah but if I'm not paying $11 for it at an e-sports arena is it really a CS:GO beer?

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

New Zealand can eat me posted:

Yeah but if I'm not paying $11 for it at an e-sports arena is it really a CS:GO beer?

I should bring a flask to the next eleague game tbh

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Niko taking heads with an UMP during multiple gun rounds :vince:

Now mouz is tilting and force buying for no reason lmao

Fusion Restaurant
May 20, 2015

You can venmo me some money with the next beer you buy, and I'll badly photoshop it into a grungy event space in sao Paolo.

e: wait, are weapon skins not permanent? There's a wear stat on some of them? Do they get destroyed eventually?

Fusion Restaurant fucked around with this message at 16:30 on Oct 28, 2016

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

Fusion Restaurant posted:

You can venmo me some money with the next beer you buy, and I'll badly photoshop it into a grungy event space in sao Paolo.

e: wait, are weapon skins not permanent? There's a wear stat on some of them? Do they get destroyed eventually?

yeah, don't shoot weapons on the ground or drop them unnecessarily, they'll wear out faster

Remora
Aug 15, 2010

yeah, don't shoot weapons on the ground or drop them unnecessarily, they'll wear out faster

you're a bad person

Fusion Restaurant
May 20, 2015

Oh nevermind I guess it's just a cosmetic thing set at the start. Slowly destroying something that you bought does seem like too brutal of a micro transaction, even for Valve.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

Oh nevermind I guess it's just a cosmetic thing set at the start. Slowly destroying something that you bought does seem like too brutal of a micro transaction, even for Valve.

They only do that with sprays.

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

Don't knife walls either, or your knife will get dull and do less damage until you buy a Valve Sharpening Kit

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

they originally planned for weapons to get worn the more you used them, as a sign of you spending time with them and going through battles, expecting people to get attached to them. AKA lmfao

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
to be fair if my five seven had a bullet impact from saving me of an awp shot i'd keep that fucker forever

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

ArfJason posted:

they originally planned for weapons to get worn the more you used them, as a sign of you spending time with them and going through battles, expecting people to get attached to them. AKA lmfao

That'd have been cool as an optional feature. Maybe instead of just stickers there could be a lot or optional things you could change like in Dota.

Also why doesn't Valve love us?

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
valve does care about csgo else they wouldnt have updated it for close to 5 years now and would have gone the EA route of plopping it on the world and forgetting about it a year later.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
activision is even worse

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

I just want a yearly tournament on the scale of The International. Guess there isn't really enough to make predictions about to justify a compendium but I enjoy that bit of interactivity as a viewer.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Terrific Accident posted:

I just want a yearly tournament on the scale of The International. Guess there isn't really enough to make predictions about to justify a compendium but I enjoy that bit of interactivity as a viewer.

that'd be cool yeah.
i just wish people were more understanding of how good we have it with these games not dying months after release. double so for tf2 which has been updated to varying success for almost a decade

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Don't knife walls either, or your knife will get dull and do less damage until you buy a Valve Sharpening Kit
Please don't give them ideas.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
I'm also aware of how much money Valve makes from keeping it around. It's less expensive that way, too. I can't help but look at how amazing Dota is and be sad that we hardly have a fraction of what they got.

I wouldn't care that they charge for sprays (and made them limited use) if we get a UI overhaul and maybe some team features.

Edit: I'd even calm down about it if they even just said it was coming. I can be patient, I just want to know what's going on.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

ArfJason posted:

expecting people to get attached to them. AKA lmfao

Tbh I'm pretty attached to my USP that I got as one of my first drops. I'd be into progressive wear

Fusion Restaurant
May 20, 2015
Is the ESL stream just dying randomly for other people? I guess I'm watching the french stream now...

Also holy poo poo some of the skin prices, I think I'll just stick to looting pretty weapons round by round from corpses for now

Fusion Restaurant fucked around with this message at 17:34 on Oct 28, 2016

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

Favela ran out of monthly bandwidth :allears:

dad on the rag
Apr 25, 2010

Is the ESL stream just dying randomly for other people? I guess I'm watching the french stream now...

Also holy poo poo some of the skin prices, I think I'll just stick to looting pretty weapons round by round from corpses for now

Optic getting curb stomped. So you aren't even missing much.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Agoat posted:

UI overhaul

i really really really want this to happen but they absolutely refuse to do anything about it and it annoys me to no end

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe

Is the ESL stream just dying randomly for other people?

Yes it's terrible and happening very often.

Fusion Restaurant
May 20, 2015
The French casters are actually pretty good and get way more hype than the English casters.

They also appear to have basically no information on the production or what transitions are gonna happen, so you get the bonus of them being surprised by all the cuts.

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

ArfJason posted:

i really really really want this to happen but they absolutely refuse to do anything about it and it annoys me to no end

That @wickedplayer494 dude did a pretty comprehensive job of pointing out all of the various "new UI" file leaks that have popped up over the past ~2 years. It hasn't been much, but it's enough to give me hope :3:

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
My friend pointed out that before Dota's overhaul they barely had any updates for a bit. I'm hoping that's what we get. Maybe a Source 2 port? :)

Tevery Best
Oct 11, 2013

Hewlo Furriend
What would people expect from an UI overhaul?

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Not being held hostage on the lobby screen would be the most important change for me.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
When you're waiting for a match you can check inventory but not change your game settings for some reason?

Dota 2 has news on all sorts of local events on the front page. CS:GO has very little coverage and is basically a copy/paste of the blog site.

Dota 2's version of operations has a ton more content and they actually come out.

Dota 2 tells you about players even in lobby. You can see killstreaks and what the players excel at. CS:GO lets you know if someone thinks they might be friendly.

I'd even just settle for being able to register a team and play in an online league with seasons.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
Seriously just load up Dota 2 and look in the menus. You'll see why we're wanting updates.

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008
do you even play dota 2? reborn is trash and all of the stuff your talking about on the main menu is worthless clutter and advertisements for new chests, same as csgo already has.

it's been way overdue on removing some of those weird things the interface won't let you do in lobbies, but don't look at dota as a solution.

Up Circle fucked around with this message at 19:16 on Oct 28, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fusion Restaurant
May 20, 2015
Does the watch tab actually let you watch ongoing matches? I'm a little confused on how it works -- is it just for my matches, or is it for randomly selected high level ones?