Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
The pure escalation of the Bahamut summons in FFVII made them worth it. A regular dragon who has a breath beam. In the next one, the chunk of ground that the target is standing on gets raised up into the sky where a giant red dragon's breath hits the target so hard it ablates the ground out from under it. Finally, a loving space dragon flies from behind the earth, deploys all six of its wings and shoots a beam, from orbit, that burns away the clouds, at the target.

So dope.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hot Dog Day #82
Jul 5, 2003

Soiled Meat
https://twitter.com/hellogames/status/792024895525949440

Sean Murray and the good people over at Hello Games have started tweeting again today -- it looks like someone either highjacked their No Man's Sky account or they are trying to break the ice in a weird way.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Snak posted:

The pure escalation of the Bahamut summons in FFVII made them worth it. A regular dragon who has a breath beam. In the next one, the chunk of ground that the target is standing on gets raised up into the sky where a giant red dragon's breath hits the target so hard it ablates the ground out from under it. Finally, a loving space dragon flies from behind the earth, deploys all six of its wings and shoots a beam, from orbit, that burns away the clouds, at the target.

So dope.

Space dragon explodes the world with a laser, doing 200 damage

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

corn in the bible posted:

Space dragon explodes the world with a laser, doing 200 damage

In the youtube video I just watched he did 8828 damage.

I couldn't remember the second Bahamut one at all. Which is crazy, because it's arguably the coolest.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Snak posted:

So dope.

Doesn't Zero fly out from behind the moon too? Maybe I'm just imagining that part.

Hot Dog Day #82 posted:

Sean Murray and the good people over at Hello Games have started tweeting again today -- it looks like someone either highjacked their No Man's Sky account or they are trying to break the ice in a weird way.

We definitely haven't been talking about this for the last 3 pages! :)

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Zaphod42 posted:

Doesn't Zero fly out from behind the moon too? Maybe I'm just imagining that part.

I thought that he flew out from behind the moon, but in the video I just watched, it looks like the camera turns around to show the Earth and he flys out from behind it and turns around.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ci_Xh2jTykA (first summon is at 40s)

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

The funniest ones were the Quickenings in FF12 because there was kind of a normal flow to attacking and casting magic otherwise, and then there was like a 10 minute section of the monster being trapped against some kind of flashing background with a fixed expression that always looked like "What... what is happening to me right now? Is this abstract? Is there actually an Ice Meteor hitting me?"

Hot Dog Day #82
Jul 5, 2003

Soiled Meat

Zaphod42 posted:

Glad I didn't make a thread about it then :cool:

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
https://twitter.com/Dominos_UK/status/791795377972191232

First Xenoblade Chronicles X and now this.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I welcome this strange age of advertising through fast food company twitter accounts.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

am i supposed to read nosh-talgia like sean connery or something

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

FF9 had long and short animations for summons that I believe happened randomly, but for some reason the long animations were programmed to deal more damage

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

oddium posted:

am i supposed to read nosh-talgia like sean connery or something

Nosh because food is something you nosh on.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I haven't had a Domino pizza since college and I kind of want to again for old times sake, but every time I think about ordering one, it seems like I can get better pizza for less money, so I give up.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Bicyclops posted:

Nosh because food is something you nosh on.

"i shee"

___/

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
Yeah the extradimensional alien-looking space dragon is pretty badass

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Bicyclops posted:

I haven't had a Domino pizza since college and I kind of want to again for old times sake, but every time I think about ordering one, it seems like I can get better pizza for less money, so I give up.

I don't get regular pizza from dominos. I get Philly Cheese Steak pizza from Dominos. It's so good.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I love to engage with brands that understand video game culture

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Help Im Alive posted:

It's too bad none of them are video game news outlets.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Help Im Alive posted:

I loving LOVE ᴛʜᴇ ɢᴀᴍɪғɪᴄᴀᴛɪᴏɴ ᴏғ ᴀᴅᴠᴇʀᴛɪsɪɴɢ

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

corn in the bible posted:

I loving LOVE ᴛʜᴇ ɢᴀᴍɪғɪᴄᴀᴛɪᴏɴ ᴏғ ᴀᴅᴠᴇʀᴛɪsɪɴɢ

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

People always like the implied enthusiasm of standing up and raising your arms in the air to say "McDonalds!", but the most ominious part is the idea that these commercial breaks would occur mid-shootout. "Say 'McDonalds' to find out what happens next!"

The bullet is IN THE AIR. Freeze-frame. Commercial break.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Press X to pay your respects to the great pizza god.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I want to know what happened in images 1503, 1505, and 1507.

I imagine 1503 is the person going "ugh, I loving hate commercials", 1505 is them saying "Mcdonalds :geno:" and the commercial is like "more enthusiasm!", and 1507 is the person sitting back down, depressed that they dropped 400 dollars on a microsoft kinect

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Alternate joke, 1506 isn't them praising the great mcdonalds god, it's actually them shouting in frustration because the first five times they said it the console didn't recognize they did so

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Yeah I am imagining where a disabled person without insurance (so their disability isn't logged) is home, bedridden, while their only family member works back to back 8 hours shifts. An ad comes on requiring them to speak to continue with their program, and they can't. They lie in bed staring at an image of a big mac for 16 hours, listening to an unceasing litany of "Say McDonald's to continue!".

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Snak posted:

Yeah I am imagining where a disabled person without insurance (so their disability isn't logged) is home, bedridden, while their only family member works back to back 8 hours shifts. An ad comes on requiring them to speak to continue with their program, and they can't. They lie in bed staring at an image of a big mac for 16 hours, listening to an unceasing litany of "Say McDonald's to continue!".

Whoa, Charlie Brooker posts here :eek:

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

I don't know much about summons, but I do know the right way to play FF7.

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!

Phantasium posted:

Namco just signs off on weird poo poo with dead franchises.

Remember that they okayed a dating sim with dead Namco characters done by the Homestuck guy.

Also Dig Dug is in the same universe as Ace Combat.

Wayforward did a Wonder Momo game for mobile. Apparently it's since been delisted.

I bet all the crossover games are now Mr. Driller canon, but not canon for Capcom/Sega/Nintendo/etc. Bad Box Art Mega Man is now Susumu Hori's cousin.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
I went looking for the Namco x Capcom art of Dig Dug, but what I found was an inflation fetishists dream.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Lizard Wizard posted:

I don't know much about summons, but I do know the right way to play FF7.

I'm the guy who had to make Tifa's hideous lego model pose in a "sexy" way for that scene.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Please don't neg on Tifa for chillaxing in her downtime

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Lurdiak posted:

I'm the guy who had to make Tifa's hideous lego model pose in a "sexy" way for that scene.
i don't think that's meant to be sexy, just her relaxing

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Lurdiak posted:

lol

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Lurdiak posted:

i like to picture the localization guy who had to draw booty shorts on Siren for FF6 going home and saying "but i have a masters degree in painting..."

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Bicyclops posted:

i like to picture the localization guy who had to draw booty shorts on Siren for FF6 going home and saying "but i have a masters degree in painting..."

Haha. I prefer to picture him putting it on his resume. Yeah.... I'm the guy who covered up that tukus.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Once, using a save editor, I tried to get the airship on Disc 1.

When I loaded up my game, I found myself staring at the overworld. Staring at Junon. You know the Junon Cannon? Apparently it's got a model that appears on the world map, maybe during a scripted cutscene or whatever, because when I moved the control stick, it separated from its home and began to move. I could not encounter any enemies. I could not open my menu.

I was permanently the Junon Cannon. My save was ruined.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Graphic Design Skills
  • Created full-featured characters using the Mario Paint "stamp" feature and Nintendo Power's Player Guide for that game.

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

That's how the homestarruner guys got their gig

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

i've never played any final fantasy except the three tactics. thank you for reading

• Locked thread