Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

That's one hell of a deal. Florida is extremely close to being a Clinton lock in the real world.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.

Vox Nihili posted:

That's one hell of a deal. Florida is extremely close to being a Clinton lock in the real world.

quote:

RubberDUcky69 PredictCeratops • 10 minutes ago
Look who owns 538 degenerate information>>ESPN Internet Ventures LIBERAL Clinton supporters. Now post something with some credibility please.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

I have been reading this thread for months and enjoying the show, but never had the patience to dive in, particularly when things were the most interesting back during primary season. Is it worth getting into a few markets now, since the election is close and I don't have to hold things forever, or will the marginal gains on share's I'd be buying at 75-85 cents not be worth the effort after all the fees? I don't think I'll have a lot of interest in the lower profile stuff predictit will be offering after November 8th, and the volume of casual idiots will be greatly reduced, likely making it more difficult to make money at that point.

I think someone mentioned on the last page they do promotions for first-time users, maybe these would help offset the fees to some extent?

bawfuls has issued a correction as of 19:06 on Oct 27, 2016

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

bawfuls posted:

I have been reading this thread for months and enjoying the show, but never had the patience to dive in, particularly when things were the most interesting back during primary season. Is it worth getting into a few markets now, since the election is close and I don't have to hold things forever, or will the marginal gains on share's I'd be buying at 75-85 cents not be worth the effort after all the fees? I don't think I'll have a lot of interest in the lower profile stuff predictit will be offering after November 8th, and the volume of casual idiots will be greatly reduced, likely making it more difficult to make money at that point.

I think someone mentioned on the last page they do promotions for first-time users, maybe these would help offset the fees to some extent?

A good rewards CC can also offset some of the fees. I don't know if putting money on a national Hillary win and then withdrawing is really worth it right now, but there are more lucrative markets that could be worth it.

You can make a ton playing the wild swings on election day, but that's also where newcomers tend to get ground to dust as well.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Yeah I assume I'd need to be in more markets than just HRC to win. The FL market just linked is obviously tempting, and for some reason "will a woman be elected" is like 3-5 cents cheaper than "will Hillary win" which seems odd to me. The EV count market also has some potential since you can spread things around a bit.

I don't know that I'd have much interest in playing the wild swings on election night, based on what I've read here on previous primary days. There's also the complication that I may be traveling for work on election day and not be able to just park in front of my computer that evening to play the swings.

bawfuls has issued a correction as of 19:33 on Oct 27, 2016

LinYutang
Oct 12, 2016

NEOLIBERAL SHITPOSTER

:siren:
VOTE BLUE NO MATTER WHO!!!
Republican Winning White House is still at 78/79, if you invest a bit you'll still come out on top :shrug:

https://www.predictit.org/Contract/558/Will-the-Republican-party-win-the-White-House#data

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.

LinYutang posted:

Republican Winning White House is still at 78/79, if you invest a bit you'll still come out on top :shrug:

https://www.predictit.org/Contract/558/Will-the-Republican-party-win-the-White-House#data

i maxed out on this a few hours ago and got a piece of the FL GOP.NO market and will now just be fingers crossed that there isn't some psychopathic october/nov surprise against hrc

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Ok where are these first-timer bonuses or whatever someone mentioned in the last few pages? I'm ready to throw away some money.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

dik-dik
Feb 21, 2009

Vox will you please let me pump FL in peace? I want more cheap Dem Yes

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

bawfuls posted:

Ok where are these first-timer bonuses or whatever someone mentioned in the last few pages? I'm ready to throw away some money.

Check their twitter. If they don't have anything active straight up tweet at them asking for one and they'll probably give it to you.

dik-dik
Feb 21, 2009

Maxes are dumb. I will never not be jealous of whoever was able to snag FL GOP NO for 55c.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

dik-dik posted:

Vox will you please let me pump FL in peace? I want more cheap Dem Yes

The chart I posted is being misread by the Trumpers, don't worry. Prices are somehow hitting a new low on GOP No (Trump people showing up like flies on poo poo and dumping max orders). Put an order in the high 50s and wait. Don't touch the Dem side unless you've maxed on the GOP side.

dik-dik
Feb 21, 2009

Vox Nihili posted:

The chart I posted is being misread by the Trumpers, don't worry. Prices are somehow hitting a new low on GOP No (Trump people showing up like flies on poo poo and dumping max orders). Put an order in the high 50s and wait. Don't touch the Dem side unless you've maxed on the GOP side.

Yeah I maxed GOP NO a while ago and I'm just sitting around like a dope waiting for my 55c DEM yes orders to hit.

I love that these Trumpsters are so willing to put their cash where their mouths are but I wish they understood that DEM NO = GOP YES.

dik-dik has issued a correction as of 22:13 on Oct 27, 2016

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.

dik-dik posted:

I love that these Trumpsters are so willing to put their cash where their mouths are

quote:

BillsCustomCalls a month ago
I bought Republican at .31 cents and let it ride and it is now at .51 cents and I see no reason to get out now

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

img:thatGrowingAAAAAAgifThatGetsMoreAndMoreRed

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.

Necc0 posted:

img:thatGrowingAAAAAAgifThatGetsMoreAndMoreRed

current market rate is at 39c

LinYutang
Oct 12, 2016

NEOLIBERAL SHITPOSTER

Y'all are being really bold with Florida. I don't see it as a lock for Clinton, polling hasn't all been for her like her safer battlegrounds.

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

LinYutang posted:

Y'all are being really bold with Florida. Not a lock for Clinton imo

It's not but the winning strategy on this site is buying low and selling high.

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
I think the concession is a pretty safe Yes considering how close the election won't be??

LinYutang
Oct 12, 2016

NEOLIBERAL SHITPOSTER

ScrubLeague posted:

I think the concession is a pretty safe Yes considering how close the election won't be??

Are you willing bet on Trump behaving honorably and graciously in the face of his greatest defeat

Godspeed

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

ScrubLeague posted:

You must be new here.

A losing strategy is betting on your ability to read a single person's mind.

A YOOGELY losing strategy is betting on your ability to read Donald Trump's mind.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Necc0 posted:

A losing strategy is betting on your ability to read a single person's mind.

A YOOGELY losing strategy is betting on your ability to read Donald Trump's mind.

I can confirm this.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Bahahaha Pence no is hilarious.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Florida poll (@ppppolls) Clinton 48% Trump 44% 

Rubio 46% Murphy 46%

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Houston, we're Havana problem.
I don't want to put anymore money into the market so I'm seriously considering selling off the "which party wins?" shares I bought at 71c and 65c at 79c and 75c respectively and then putting it in 60c for Florida.

dik-dik
Feb 21, 2009

Dear god my poor, poor G/L

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

is it time to max out on repub no if i haven't already or is this email stuff going to drive it further down?

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Considering the most recent email leaks and FBI thing has dropped HRC-win into the low 70's I think it's worth throwing some money in now even though PredictIt hasn't tossed me a discount code yet. Next 10 days should be fun!

edit: "We have reached the maximum number of traders for this contract." uhhhhh what? That's a thing?

bawfuls has issued a correction as of 19:20 on Oct 28, 2016

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

bawfuls posted:

Considering the most recent email leaks and FBI thing has dropped HRC-win into the low 70's I think it's worth throwing some money in now even though PredictIt hasn't tossed me a discount code yet. Next 10 days should be fun!

edit: "We have reached the maximum number of traders for this contract." uhhhhh what? That's a thing?

bet in the parallel markets like woman president or vp or party

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Thanks, the woman for prez market is also full but VP isn't yet. What is their explanation for capping markets, just to keep the total volume low enough to prevent bigger money more sophisticated traders out?

PepperKeibu
May 1, 2009

bawfuls posted:

Thanks, the woman for prez market is also full but VP isn't yet. What is their explanation for capping markets, just to keep the total volume low enough to prevent bigger money more sophisticated traders out?

Wikipedia says they were required to do so in order to get around online gambling laws.

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.

IM DAY DAY IRL posted:

i maxed out on this a few hours ago and got a piece of the FL GOP.NO market and will now just be fingers crossed that there isn't some psychopathic october/nov surprise against hrc

dik-dik posted:

Dear god my poor, poor G/L

IM DAY DAY IRL has issued a correction as of 19:51 on Oct 28, 2016

SurgicalOntologist
Jun 17, 2004

Ugh right after I maxed out.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
gently caress me have to deposit more money now Jesus

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

got in at .68 for republican no. no on repubs winning 370 ev is now down to .88/share, about to max out on that i think.

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

quote:

I'm probated so I can't post in the predictit thread, but due to the FBI "we're looking at new emails" release, the Trump folks are going absolutely bonkers on predictit. There are huge opportunities to buy in right now. They will probably not last.

North Carolina, Iowa, and Arizona are especially insane--15c swings.

-Vox

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.
and here I am, a dollar short and a day late

DMCrimson
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
Hope everyone's buying the dip! I'd be extremely surprised if the new email story gains any significant traction past today's freak out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dik-dik
Feb 21, 2009

Seems the dip is already over. Hope y'all had fun

• Locked thread