Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

holocaust bloopers posted:

Ambien is so bizarre. Without fail, I will take it, continue on with my night then suddenly find myself waking up with having to Memento what happened between popping the pill and getting into bed.

I was on it briefly until I woke up one morning to find one of my dining chairs on my patio. I lived on the 15th floor and had absolutely no recollection of why I was on the patio or what was going on. I never took another.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Mr. Nice! posted:

I was on it briefly until I woke up one morning to find one of my dining chairs on my patio. I lived on the 15th floor and had absolutely no recollection of why I was on the patio or what was going on. I never took another.

You know when you're playing a strategy game and you go in to a battle and you just don't have the attention span or energy to actually command it yourself, so you let the CPU handle it?

Everytime, without fail, something stupid happens. You'll lose a really good hero unit. You'll have an Army of 30,000 high tech troops get embarrassed by 300 spear wielding peasants and forced to retreat. Sometimes your war fleet with thousands of fighters and a planet killer gets destroyed by the loving Ambassador's yacht from a back water world. Hell, sometimes it's even good. Your 3 Tank platoon unit manages to completely wipe out an enemy division coming across your borders.

But in reality, thats what Ambien is, it's hitting the CPU button on the battle screen and praying to God you don't find your capitol burned, your women raped and your fields salted the next morning

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Am I correct in my assumption, you fish-faced enemy of the people?

Soulex posted:

I can't do Ambien.

The sleeping pill they gave me was some Hydro whatever. It works, takes a bit to kick in but it works. It's an anti-histaime or whatever.

No, Ambien makes me do things in my sleep. I don't want to chase the walrus anymore.

Hydroxyzine? That poo poo was like a little pressed chunk of sleep apnea for me, only took it for 3 nights and each one had me wake up in the morning ticking off every single classic symptom you can imagine.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
Yeah Ambien is just like letting a random number generator make all your decisions for the night

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Booblord Zagats posted:

You know when you're playing a strategy game and you go in to a battle and you just don't have the attention span or energy to actually command it yourself, so you let the CPU handle it?

Everytime, without fail, something stupid happens. You'll lose a really good hero unit. You'll have an Army of 30,000 high tech troops get embarrassed by 300 spear wielding peasants and forced to retreat. Sometimes your war fleet with thousands of fighters and a planet killer gets destroyed by the loving Ambassador's yacht from a back water world. Hell, sometimes it's even good. Your 3 Tank platoon unit manages to completely wipe out an enemy division coming across your borders.

But in reality, thats what Ambien is, it's hitting the CPU button on the battle screen and praying to God you don't find your capitol burned, your women raped and your fields salted the next morning

Total War: Ambien

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Diarrhea Elemental posted:

Hydroxyzine? That poo poo was like a little pressed chunk of sleep apnea for me, only took it for 3 nights and each one had me wake up in the morning ticking off every single classic symptom you can imagine.

Yeah. That's the one. Nothing crazy yet.

Like ambien

Like being waken up by my wife screaming at me, naked, standing up, having just defended my pissing on our family in law's xmas card.

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Soulex posted:

Like being waken up by my wife screaming at me, naked, standing up, having just defended my pissing on our family in law's xmas card.

lmao

I've done some bad stuff sleepwalking but drat

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Ambien isn't supposed to be taken long term but hardly anybody follows those directions, doctors included.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.
Remember when we all took nuclear grade antibiotics daily for a year straight because getting malaria was punishable by UCMJ?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Zeris posted:

Remember when we all took nuclear grade antibiotics daily for a year straight because getting malaria was punishable by UCMJ?

I remember getting the first few of the series of anthrax vaccines and the one guy on the ship that refused to get them. They were going to chapter him out, but then they stopped giving the vaccine and he stayed in.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Zeris posted:

Man. When I went to Haiti, they gave us dioxycyclene or something. It began with a D. Anyways that poo poo specifically said that a side effect was sensitivity to sunlight.

What the gently caress

So the next few months it's me and a few other people farmer tanned like a mother fucker, covered in mosquito bites, and having weird loving nightmares on this poo poo. 82nd had a few come down with malaria because they refused to take it.

Idiots. Malaria is loving gross and preventable.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 27 days!
I love ambien because it's so bad to me. Please don't prescribe it to me mrs. psychiatrist (secretly do).

Also because I was on it too long it has very adversely effected my long and short term memories, so gently caress it.,gimme.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

Ambien is the loving best.

App13
Dec 31, 2011

The kid behind me in calc breathes through his mouth, and it sounds exactly like someone rubbing one out in the bunk below you.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

App13 posted:

The kid behind me in calc breathes through his mouth, and it sounds exactly like someone rubbing one out in the bunk below you.

Why are you still sitting in front of him?

SwampDonkey
Oct 13, 2006

by Smythe

(and can't post for 4 years!)

Pesticide20 posted:

It's fall, his breathe is warm.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

SwampDonkey posted:

It's fall, his breathe is warm.

Ahaha. I laughed out loud at this and got weird looks in class.

rear end in a top hat

I'm barely passing Italian. gently caress this class moves fast.

App13
Dec 31, 2011

Pesticide20 posted:

He bases where he sits off of where I sit.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

App13 posted:

He bases where he sits off of where I sit.

Turn your desk around.

App13
Dec 31, 2011

Soulex posted:

Turn your desk around.

That's an aggressive move, I like it

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

So there is this guy in ROTC in my class, and he was talking about stuff that he is going to do this weekend during drill. Qualifying and the like. As soon as I started talking about guns, my professor started wigging out and said "no gun talk in the classroom." Ok, got it. Started talking about the cool Italian jump wings that you can get, and that you can't qualify in Italy and have to go to Germany, and that even if you do get them to make copies because S1 loses that poo poo. Because they lost my Netherlands shooting badge. As soon as I said shooting, she yelled at me again. She was like "please, I just said no guns."

The gently caress? It's an award it's ok.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Soulex posted:

So there is this guy in ROTC in my class, and he was talking about stuff that he is going to do this weekend during drill. Qualifying and the like. As soon as I started talking about guns, my professor started wigging out and said "no gun talk in the classroom." Ok, got it. Started talking about the cool Italian jump wings that you can get, and that you can't qualify in Italy and have to go to Germany, and that even if you do get them to make copies because S1 loses that poo poo. Because they lost my Netherlands shooting badge. As soon as I said shooting, she yelled at me again. She was like "please, I just said no guns."

The gently caress? It's an award it's ok.

Please don't talk about guns

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Pesticide20 posted:

Please don't talk about guns

*turns desk around*

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Soulex posted:

*turns desk around*

I'm not going to lie, I thought your story was going to be you moving the ROTC kid. Please don't talk about guns was better, though. How's school going now that you're all settled?

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Please stop oppressing my free speech

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Pesticide20 posted:

I'm not going to lie, I thought your story was going to be you moving the ROTC kid. Please don't talk about guns was better, though. How's school going now that you're all settled?

Getting better actually. Sleep was the key and getting 2 hours of that a night and causing me to miss class was a big issue. That and realizing that I can't skate through it like I did with online college is an adjustment itself.

I only get high before my art classes cause it's loving art and you need to be stoned for that. It's helped out actually I think. Makes me less "everything needs to be perfect!" And more Bob Ross with "happy accidents. Let's see what we can do." I'll post some more when I get them back.

Got a vocrehab appointment tomorrow so hopefully I can get on the program by next semester.

Italian is loving tough though. Goddamn.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Soulex posted:

Getting better actually. Sleep was the key and getting 2 hours of that a night and causing me to miss class was a big issue. That and realizing that I can't skate through it like I did with online college is an adjustment itself.

I only get high before my art classes cause it's loving art and you need to be stoned for that. It's helped out actually I think. Makes me less "everything needs to be perfect!" And more Bob Ross with "happy accidents. Let's see what we can do." I'll post some more when I get them back.

Got a vocrehab appointment tomorrow so hopefully I can get on the program by next semester.

Italian is loving tough though. Goddamn.

Vaffanculo! But for real your art stuff that you've posted so far has been pretty drat cool. That's good to hear that you're doing well, good luck with voc rehab. It's the tits when you tell them to charge the VA for all of your books and supplies

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Che fatto?

Yeah. The power supply went out on my computer so that's in the shop now. So I'm automatically behind on the daily homework I have to do but w/e teacher knows about it.

Thanks man. I hated drawing and stuff but I really like painting. There's just something about it that's so much better for me. I think it's because I can be more creative it seems with the paint. I'm glad someone likes it though! Besides my wife who puts it on the fridge.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Had I known this class period was going to be 100% teach unemployable babies basic GIS principles I would have skipped.

App13
Dec 31, 2011

Pesticide20 posted:

Vaffanculo! But for real your art stuff that you've posted so far has been pretty drat cool. That's good to hear that you're doing well, good luck with voc rehab. It's the tits when you tell them to charge the VA for all of your books and supplies

I bought a nice mechanical pencil and notebook yesterday and didn't spend a dime.

It's the little things in life.

Xenaba
Feb 18, 2003
Pillbug
Spent 50 minutes watching a kid in the front row of class pick his nose and eat it. Front row right in front of a lecturing teacher.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 27 days!
Yea, what the gently caress is with kids in college who still eat snot? They don't even loving hide it like the kids in high school or middle school who try to be sly, if you see a college snot eater, he's full on in the open jamming his finger up there and gorging himself in the most conspicuous way possible.

TheQuietWilds
Sep 8, 2009
Don't dox me

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

At least do it where no one can see you. gently caress.

Having to get my degree plan together this weekend to give to the VA. gently caress there are a lot of classes to schedule out for 3-4 years.

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP
Dude in my writing class is a former Marine and today he said that he felt like loser because he's 22 &this is his first semester of college.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
Remind him that this is college; he can't turn in papers written in crayon (regardless of flavor).

Helldump Immunity
Sep 11, 2001

pretty much rollin with the dad farm these days
Trying to finish up my masters part time. Haven't even bothered with my thesis yet because I just don't care anymore.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Just do a special project if they allow it.

Helldump Immunity
Sep 11, 2001

pretty much rollin with the dad farm these days

Vasudus posted:

Just do a special project if they allow it.

Yeah, going to talk with the faculty head and figure something out. They really want me to graduate because I'm the only veteran that has ever gone through their program so I am their ~snowflake~

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uncle Enzo
Apr 28, 2008

I always wanted to be a Wizard

Casimir Radon posted:

Had I known this class period was going to be 100% teach unemployable babies basic GIS principles I would have skipped.

Is the class from a Geography department? Every geography GIS course I've seen or taken is trivial peanuts compared to what you get in any geology department. There is just no comparison, and I went to a school with a huge geography dept. It seems to me like it's one of those liberal arts vs STEM things.

• Locked thread