Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Hardawn posted:

Will future gyms have VR workouts where you start by killing rats and snake and the progress? Cuz I hope I'm dead before then

they already have something like that on the internet you can sign up for

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Homestar Runner
Oct 9, 2012

This is the best videogame
I have ever played!

Chinatown posted:

also last night at the gym this dude was doing standing curls with a 100lb barbell and it was about 50lb too heavy for him and he looked like he was about to pull his back lol

those are twink curls

step 1: select dumbbell way too heavy for you
step 2: flail arms & thrust back outwardly
step 3: allow for 3 inch ROM on the way back down. if you reach 90 degree parallel with the floor you've gone too far

repeat til you quit gym (usually 1-2 weeks)

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

i might start going to the gym again cycling in the winter is bullshit and i should probably lift a thing before my arms totally go into atrophy

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
im doin back stuff tonite :cool:

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

I'm doing butt stuff tonight :agesilaus:

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

Tiny Lowtax posted:

I'm doing butt stuff tonight :agesilaus:
whats his name lol

Bob Morales
Aug 18, 2006

Just wear the fucking mask, Bob

I don't care how many people I probably infected with COVID-19 while refusing to wear a mask, my comfort is far more important than the health and safety of everyone around me!

drat horror queefs posted:

it's okay to just shove a whole bagel in your mouth for breakfast right?? Calories equals gains Right???????????

Bagel breakfast sandwich you mean

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

numberoneposter posted:

whats his name lol

Twinks don't get names

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

numberoneposter posted:

i might start going to the gym again cycling in the winter is bullshit and i should probably lift a thing before my arms totally go into atrophy
agreedo plus nobody wants a cyclist body

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*
The gym mmo definitely has a soft cap

TenementFunster posted:

agreedo plus nobody wants a cyclist body

Before someone posts that german sprint cyclist or whatever he is he lifts bigger weights than anyone in this thread and does enough roids that we could all share.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
lifting with hate in your heart is better than any pre-workout

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you

Chinatown posted:

I'm about to go do squats while thinking about politics type stuff :argh:

Or is it only self-hate, in which case, in going to lift while thinking about the fact that I haven't been able to add weight to the bar this week :argh:

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

Dum Cumpster posted:

Before someone posts that german sprint cyclist or whatever he is he lifts bigger weights than anyone in this thread and does enough roids that we could all share.
track sprinters are barely cyclists

they hardly train on the bike, its all gym work, the bike is just a means to an ends

they are buff as heck tho

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you
Squat report: hatred felt for self resulted in successful sets of squats at 95kg for three sets of ten. Current status: self loathing reduced from all-encompassing to mild.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
hate anything, and, preferably, everything.

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you

Chinatown posted:

hate anything, and, preferably, everything.

But I like you guys :shobon:

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer

Pesmerga posted:

But I like you guys :shobon:

Then hate yourself.
Jeez is it that hard to properly hate something?
loving casuals, i hate those guys.

See?

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Despite all the publicity cyclists tend to be on less gear than most other professional athletes.

The Spanish football team were practically glowing when they won the world cup under Fuentes' expert care.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
im in teh gym, working my titties today

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Just finished at the gym. Did a whole bunch of leg and back stuff AND even threw in 5 minutes on the rowing machine (level 10 I ain't no scrub)

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
There is no other level. If it's below 10, you aren't rowing.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
That slide isn't like a stack of weights on a cable. It's a drag adjustment. You set it according to whatever boat/crew weight you're training for.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
With 10 being the hardest to pull

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
Are you doing the rowing machine for strength training? You are doing it wrong if so.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
Nope. I'm doing it for hard cardio.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
"hard"

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.

By 'hard' I mean "using the roller to intensely insert the salami with each stroke".

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

Had a rugby player come in to get his jacked up leg looked at. He was Australian and in impressive shape and I almost went beta for him.

Almost.

Defiant Sally
May 6, 2004

Focus your Orochi.

Pesmerga posted:

Awwww yeah. This better wash away the bitterness of the new Dark Tranquillity album.

Atoma leaked today btw

I dont have high hopes but maybe I will be pleasantly surprised. Insomnium and Omnium Gatherum's albums both were sick so even if this blows we got some good melodeath this year.

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King
the post about unflavored protein going into mac and cheese is changing my life

Khorne
May 1, 2002

TenementFunster posted:

the post about unflavored protein going into mac and cheese is changing my life
I always end up not macing mac n cheese because I'm like do I want velveeta or extra sharp cheddar? Sometimes american is pretty good too.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
I like mixing tuna and saltine crackers in my mac and cheese. Good protein that way, if a few more carbs than I like...

Mix in peas, also, as a wild card.

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

FedEx Mercury posted:

Are you doing the rowing machine for strength training? You are doing it wrong if so.

I just do it for cardio. Also the 300 guys said it was what got them RIPPED SON

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Khorne posted:

I always end up not macing mac n cheese because I'm like do I want velveeta or extra sharp cheddar? Sometimes american is pretty good too.
velveeta and what the gently caress kind of question is that even?

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

or maybe u can use cheese instead of "pasteurized recipe cheese product"

Tacky-Ass Rococco
Sep 7, 2010

by R. Guyovich
I have a head cold. Should I go lift weights tomorrow and contaminate others, or sit at home being a gross skinnyfat mess by my lonesome?

naem
May 29, 2011

Tacky-rear end Rococco posted:

I have a head cold. Should I go lift weights tomorrow and contaminate others, or sit at home being a gross skinnyfat mess by my lonesome?

Drink tonight then go in hungover and let out some cold medicine farts :911:

Green Crayons
Apr 2, 2009

Chinatown posted:

I don't know, this prework I took today a bit too early ended up giving me tingling pins and needles in my extremities before I could hit the gym, and I thought my heart was going to pound through my chest with a literal heart attack when I went straight from (new pr) squat sets to a quick treadmill run.

I encourage hate, by all means, but like this pre-workout also induces fear of personal well being and frankly I don't know why anyone wouldn't incorporate it into their routine.

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

Green Crayons posted:

I don't know, this prework I took today a bit too early ended up giving me tingling pins and needles in my extremities before I could hit the gym, and I thought my heart was going to pound through my chest with a literal heart attack when I went straight from (new pr) squat sets to a quick treadmill run.

I encourage hate, by all means, but like this pre-workout also induces fear of personal well being and frankly I don't know why anyone wouldn't incorporate it into their routine.

That's how I feel working out the next day after taking some Adderall. Really helps with my numbers though, heart be damned

E- pre workout makes me feel amazing though. Get my sweat on with a mile on the treadmill to start and then lift forever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

buddhanc posted:

That's how I feel working out the next day after taking some Adderall. Really helps with my numbers though, heart be damned

Adderall is the best pre-workout, gently caress the next day