Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
If your costume for some random party requires shipping time, you're doing it wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Some people take their costumes seriously. :shrug: I'm not defending it, I was just pointing out 5 days ahead of time is still not a whole hell of a lot of time, especially if you've been under the assumption you were *not* doing anything for the holiday, so instead of having all month to work on it you now have only 5 days.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Skyrim is gonna unlock in like 4 hours but I wanna play it nnnnnnnooooooowwwwwwwwwwww.....

Also, Skyrim is gonna unlock in 4 hours and I want to watch Supernatural tonight, but I'm pretty sure Bitches the Stealth Archer will take precedence over whatever it is the Winchesters will be up to.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I had no clue that Skyrim was coming out today and the soonest I can play it is Sunday night!

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
I had no clue a new version of Skyrim was coming out at all.

Oh well, it's not like I needed that money anyway :shepspends:

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

I was having steam login issues, then saw a new version of skyrim at the top of my games list and thought my account had been breached and someone bought some games using my CC. Took me a while to figure out it's a free update with a new title.

(it is free, right?)

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Never mind, looks like my PC can't run the new version of Skyrim. Like, at all. Waaaaaay below even the minimum requirements.

Ah well, I was waiting for an excuse to get a new gaming pc anyway. It's not like I needed that money anyway :shepspends:

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

IT department at work has blocked imgur rendering much of PYF useless.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Yea, the upgrade is free if you have the base game and all the DLC.

If you get it on console though, it's still gonna cost you some cash.

Sorryformybadjokes
Apr 21, 2004

I identify as a simian who pronounces the 'silent' letters in words.
Fallen Rib
the missus came to me with a true first world problem this morning

she can't decide between new shoes or Skyrim for the bone.

it's not like she'd have to wait more than a couple of days to get both anyway, but we're trying a new 'zero sum' budget and i'm being a real stickler for the rules, haha

can anyone recommend any good like nature enhancing / alchemy ingredients mod that she can check out?

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

It had been a long time since I've played skyrim, and have forgotten how bethesda doesn't like letting players have fun until they've taken you on a half hour long scripted tour to show off.

Also steam workshop support is missing, and replaced with the terrible in-game mod browser.

Videogames are dumb.

Sorryformybadjokes
Apr 21, 2004

I identify as a simian who pronounces the 'silent' letters in words.
Fallen Rib
all I can find is loving rape mods and sex dungeon mods what the gently caress

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Fashionable Jorts posted:

It had been a long time since I've played skyrim, and have forgotten how bethesda doesn't like letting players have fun until they've taken you on a half hour long scripted tour to show off.

Also steam workshop support is missing, and replaced with the terrible in-game mod browser.

Videogames are dumb.
I refuse to believe there isn't a mod that lets you skip all that.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
I want to play World of Warcraft because I'm rather close to a major progress landmark. I want to play Skyrim Special Edition because I want to see how pretty it is. I want to play Prototype because I mentioned it in another thread and, gently caress, I haven't played it in ages.

Not only do I not have time for three games, but I'm not the kind of gamer who plays multiple games at a time anyway.

MisterBibs has a new favorite as of 04:13 on Oct 28, 2016

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan
My sister is getting me an expensive item for free, but can't see the friend she's getting it from for a week or whatever since she's having problems getting her work license renewed and has to focus on that instead.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Target is running a Buy 2 Get 1 Free on their video games from 10/30-11/5.

The same week my rent is due. I could technically afford it, but I'd be living quite frugally until I get paid again. This would be a way to play the COD4 remaster without giving them any money.

edit: Might say gently caress it and get Skyrim, Titanfall2, COD free.

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug
I can't run the new Skyrim on the highest settings, so it doesn't look any better than the original :(

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

I put on the tiniest amount of hand lotion but with the amount of scent loaded into it I smell like an entire Bath & Bodyworks.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
So it's it the exact same skyrim but with better graphics? And maybe some new quests?

FWP: I have no idea about new games/ game news.

FWP2: Dishonored 2 isn't out yet.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
My stomach hurts because I just downed a lot of ice water.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Thin Privilege posted:

:respek: I am so stoked for this fuckin game

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

My dogs are acting as a millstone around my neck. They keep breaking my work flow and contribute to making my apartment dirty as hell and smell. I want to get rid of them so bad but I could never do that because I do love them.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k

SPOOKILY A BIRD posted:

:respek: I am so stoked for this fuckin game

Your avatar scares the poo poo out of me but yes, :respek:

sudont
May 10, 2011
this program is useful for when you don't want to do something.

Fun Shoe
I haven't played Skyrim in ages so the Special Edition thing piqued my interest till I saw this: Modded Original Skyrim Saves Won’t Work In Skyrim Special Edition

Uhhhhh no thanks.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

sudont posted:

I haven't played Skyrim in ages so the Special Edition thing piqued my interest till I saw this: Modded Original Skyrim Saves Won’t Work In Skyrim Special Edition

Uhhhhh no thanks.

If you haven't played in ages, its a good time to create a new character since you won't even remember what your last one was even doing.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I'm throwing a smallish party tonight and I've been looking forward to it all month.

The illness that I've been fighting off for two weeks finally hit this morning and my head is split open. I can't cancel.
Now I have to decide between painkillers or killing the pain with water and booze.

Edit: ^^^
I'm going to restart Skyrim but I can't think of a character concept I haven't tried before.
I may revisit a Kajjit pugilist or my Dark Elf "pacifist" that uses Illusion magic to make others fight for him.

Inzombiac has a new favorite as of 21:47 on Oct 28, 2016

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Pillbug

Thin Privilege posted:

So it's it the exact same skyrim but with better graphics? And maybe some new quests?

FWP: I have no idea about new games/ game news.

Two big changes I noticed are a quick save feature and all your equipment comes back automatically after exiting werewolf form. Also the Gray Fox armour name changed for some reason. I'm sure there are other changes, I'd like to see a complete list.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

Ensign Expendable posted:

Two big changes I noticed are a quick save feature and all your equipment comes back automatically after exiting werewolf form. Also the Gray Fox armour name changed for some reason. I'm sure there are other changes, I'd like to see a complete list.

I just keep getting flashbacks to loading up an old save and seeing "220 hours" and being shocked and disgusted at myself for putting so many hours into a game. Jokes on me though, cause I apparently have almost 900 hours in Cities Skylines.

Another problem: I went to the most amazing Korean restaurant and then realized I want to eat kimchi 24/7 so I went to the Korean supermarket and got a 10 lb jar for $15. Well, that was 5 days ago and I've eaten over half of it...

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

Thin Privilege posted:

I just keep getting flashbacks to loading up an old save and seeing "220 hours" and being shocked and disgusted at myself for putting so many hours into a game. Jokes on me though, cause I apparently have almost 900 hours in Cities Skylines.

:shepicide:

It's not cold or warm enough for me to be sure if I should wear work shorts or long pants to work tonight. Time to take a gamble.

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Pillbug
I got a haircut and now my respirator straps aren't as comfortable as they used to be. I have to endure this mild discomfort for minutes per day!

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Is wearing a respirator a first world problem?

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Thin Privilege posted:

I apparently have almost 900 hours in Cities Skylines.
Steam tells me I've played Omikron - The Nomad Soul for almost 16 hours, when in reality I loaded it up once, had a brief look at it, and then never touched it again. :shrug:

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.
I wanted to buy some DVDs that I don't really need and would probably never watch but the website's check-out system didn't work so I couldn't buy them :(

Pikestaff
Feb 17, 2013

Came here to bark at you

I want Civilization VI but I am broke.

(and since we're posting steam playing times now:

Not as impressive as the others posted but this is why I want Civ VI)

Pikestaff has a new favorite as of 10:57 on Oct 29, 2016

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

Tiggum posted:

Steam tells me I've played Omikron - The Nomad Soul for almost 16 hours, when in reality I loaded it up once, had a brief look at it, and then never touched it again. :shrug:

You cannot deny the Bowie.

I moved temporarily and couldn't afford to ship my PC, so I took it apart and shipped some of the components while buying new ones where I am now. One of these was the motherboard. Now Windows insists it isn't registered and is giving me no way to demonstrate that I am. :negative:

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

Tiggum posted:

I really think there's something buggy about the statistics. Maybe they purposely make it seem longer to try to make you feel guilty and go outside (lol no) ... having just said and re-read that maybe I have actually put in that many hours. But on the plus side some of it was me modeling stuff. Nonetheless, :shepicide:

I made a really tasty sandwich last night and I want another one but I'm not hungry.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Malachite_Dragon posted:

:shepicide:

It's not cold or warm enough for me to be sure if I should wear work shorts or long pants to work tonight. Time to take a gamble.

:respek:

Edit: oh gently caress double xp weekend time to add like 20 hours to that.

Fashionable Jorts has a new favorite as of 16:40 on Oct 29, 2016

Problem!
Jan 1, 2007

I am the queen of France.
I have a pretty bad knee injury but I can still walk albeit painfully.

We have a Halloween party to attend tonight and I can't send my husband by himself since we have a couple's costume but I really do not feel like tottering around in heels all night with a bum knee, but I also would feel bad making him skip the party to stay home.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
Can you just wear flats of the same/similar color?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
I got a vegetable steamer pot insert at IKEA for 50 cents but I keep over-steaming my vegetables :(

Every time I say or think about IKEA I think about the lady on Maury whose name unfortunately was IKEA. I laugh, but then I feel bad.

Resetting the keyboard on my iPhone has made it impossible to type. It keeps auto-typing the wrong stuff.

Chrome iOS still hasn't fixed the issue with type fields where it would snap to your cursor, which it doesn't do anymore.

Someone on some thread made a referents with to something in MGS5 that I don't remember but don't want to turn on the game again and am too weary to look it up.

I have a lot of complaints.