Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Foo Diddley posted:

Ah so they'd like people to see for themselves just how much of that article was made of lies

A bold strategy

Yeah, it's based on this strategy:

Taxxe;

Sabreseven fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Oct 28, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

aleksendr posted:

Someone forgot about Transverse...

Space game similar to Star Citizen with stretch goals like:

Fly in space.

Shoot a weapon in space.

And it went uphill from there. They tried to duplicate Star Citizens crazy money train, but due to their last game being Mechwarrior Online, they were mocked off the planet. They also said yes to everything, including people's requests for characters.

Meanwhile Braben continued to build Elite, and Chris Roberts continued to make promises never to be upheld for Star Citizen.

Also similar to this is Illfonics game about Chuthulu. It was basically cyber sex the game, set in a medieval world of crap. They sold houses for ridiculous money. Also shuttered.

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

Up vote that thread, don't let then hide it

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

Maw posted:

Hey congrats fellow new parent :hfive:

Thanks mate!

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

My daughter was brought into this world via C-section after 36 hours of labor. We woke up, my wife got prepped, I walk into the OR to see the OB rummaging through her abdomen like she's lost her car keys, and then a little blue ball of nonresponsive flesh gets pulled out. My brain immediately goes "oh gently caress she's dead" and then she starts screaming, at which point I immediately think "oh gently caress I'm a father". Next thing I know she's grabbing my finger while letting the world know that she was PERFECTLY HAPPY where she was and there was no need for anything to change.

18 months later she's walking, talking, being cute as hell, and I'm still figuring out WTF I'm supposed to do.

Nice!

Dad Citizen up int his thread

Propagandist
Oct 23, 2007

Sabreseven posted:

The blatantly false advertising "Review" now has a solitary comment to peruse:

Totally legit happy customer post and totally honestly not one of CIG's marketing drones.

You know, I'm gonna hashtag disagree here. The strongest argument against Star Citizen is playing it for 5 minutes.

Prolly why Derek tweets when they do free fly weekends - let people see this poo poo heap for themselves.

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

Booblord Zagats posted:

Warning: Do not use Vicks Baby Rub. It makes them taste awful no matter how long you keep them in the smoker

:allbuttons:

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

The Titanic posted:

Space game similar to Star Citizen with stretch goals like:

Fly in space.

Shoot a weapon in space.

And it went uphill from there. They tried to duplicate Star Citizens crazy money train, but due to their last game being Mechwarrior Online, they were mocked off the planet. They also said yes to everything, including people's requests for characters.

Meanwhile Braben continued to build Elite, and Chris Roberts continued to make promises never to be upheld for Star Citizen.

Also similar to this is Illfonics game about Chuthulu. It was basically cyber sex the game, set in a medieval world of crap. They sold houses for ridiculous money. Also shuttered.
Every time they've "iterated" on the flight model it becomes worse and worse. Also is there space in this game? I've forgotten what it's like to not noclip through space.

Illfonic blamed their sudden departure from CIG for the reason their nonconsential-sex-simulator-in-mideval-shacks game bombed. Who is CIG going to blame? Derek Smart? The backers who just dared to dream?

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

peter gabriel posted:

I'll never forget seeing my son turn from blue to pink in front of my eyes, nobody tells you that poo poo, and a split second later I am stood there like a complete twat with a pair of scissors in my hand and they thrust the umbilical cord at me. what a day that was

:agreed: TBH it's super jarring to watch this blue slime ball morph into a pink gesticulating baby in like ten seconds. But awesome.

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

ZenMaster posted:

:agreed: TBH it's super jarring to watch this blue slime ball morph into a pink gesticulating baby in like ten seconds. But awesome.
Just imagine this is a face hugger instead.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

MilesK
Nov 5, 2015

ManofManyAliases posted:

Plenty. Enough to amass a fleet.

You've got a Command & Control ship so you can play Fleet Commander, right?

You should just go with a completionist package, you wouldn't want to miss out on any of the dozens of games within a game.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Booblord Zagats posted:

Nice!

Dad Citizen up int his thread

Dadchat best chat. gently caress the haters.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

Foo Diddley posted:

Someone ought to ask Ben what he does at CIG these days

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Dadchat best chat. gently caress the haters.

I'm just sad I don't have kids. :smith:

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Foo Diddley posted:

You take notes on redditors? Wouldn't a script that just puts "idiot rear end in a top hat" after everyone's name suffice?

He takes notes on everyone. No seriously, it's creepy.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Raskolnikov posted:

join the club :sympathy:

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
according to my drinking buddy, to hit full release this is the actual internal timetable and not chris's headcanon

sq42
2017 1st episode/preview (10 hours of gameplay/cutscenes)
2018 2nd episode
2019+ complete game

SC
2017/2018 3.0 (with all promised features)
2019 first real pre-alpha release
2020 alpha
2021 beta
2022+ release (final with most features in, not all ships, not all systems, etc)

this is with the current teams and contracted studios

my drinkin friend said they thought the company would need another $175 to $250m in order to continue working until SC is released

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Regrettable posted:

He takes notes on everyone. No seriously, it's creepy.

That would be creepy. No, I just keep files on people that post in this thread.

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)

TheAgent posted:

according to my drinking buddy, to hit full release this is the actual internal timetable and not chris's headcanon

sq42
2018 2nd episode
2019+ complete game

SC
2020 alpha
2021 beta
2022+ release (final with most features in, not all ships, not all systems, etc)

my drinkin friend said they thought the company would need another $175 to $250m in order to continue working until SC is released

how did they let this happen omfg

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Raskolnikov posted:

MeLKoR posted:

poo poo, sorry about that. Didn't mean to make anyone feel bad.

Beexoffel
Oct 4, 2015

Herald of the Stimpire

spacetoaster posted:

There's one box he won't get.

:ssh:Please show us the cells:ssh:

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Raskolnikov posted:

their nonconsential-sex-simulator-in-mideval-shacks game

That sounds like quite a game, there. Did they have a kickstarter for this or what?

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

poo poo, sorry about that. Didn't mean to make anyone feel bad.

I enjoy kids vicariously.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

MeLKoR posted:

This is a smart post.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

TheAgent posted:

sq42
2018 2nd episode
2019+ complete game

SC
2020 alpha
2021 beta

POTY right here

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

MeLKoR posted:

allow me to add my sadbrains to this

MilesK
Nov 5, 2015

TheAgent posted:

sq42
2018 2nd episode
2019+ complete game

SC
2020 alpha
2021 beta

Still seems kind of generous for a company that's failed every timeline they've ever set.

Beexoffel
Oct 4, 2015

Herald of the Stimpire

trucutru posted:

I had to stream my galaxies from a server in germany over the telegraph line to get this:

I don't even speak german. I mean Bevölkerung? gently caress you Elite! (That's why I am supporting star citizen, you see).

Gelbe fette katzentiere - yellow fat felines: procedural cattes were in.

Plural Abysss
Feb 25, 2016
$30-40 mil / year needed to continue development then

NO SWEAT

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

starkebn posted:

Someone tell CRoberts that rifling in the barrel imparts spin on the projectile

If he can't understand G-forces and Zero-G, I don't think he's got much of a chance of understanding such a basic principle.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Plural Abysss posted:

$30-40 mil / year needed to continue development then

NO SWEAT

JPEG sales should take care of that, easy

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Ol Cactus Dick posted:

reminds me of one of the greatest Skyrim gifs ever

:nws: http://i.imgur.com/WaviUoZ.gifv :nws: 100% guaranteed to cause HR action.

Haha. I remember laughing at this one. :D

It might come around again since Bethesda is milking the Skyrim teats again with the rerelease.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Jobbo_Fett posted:

If he can't understand G-forces and Zero-G, I don't think he's got much of a chance of understanding such a basic principle.
He might take a gun and try it out looking down the barrel.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

TheAgent posted:

sq42
2018 2nd episode
2019+ complete game

SC
2020 alpha
2021 beta

lol almost a decade late at that point and still not feature complete

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

MeLKoR posted:

Right now when the game flips out your appendages grow all massive and distorted. Can't wait to see what effect it has on female models.

:sweatdrop:

This is my spirit form. :colbert:

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

MilesK posted:

Still seems kind of generous for a company that's failed every timeline they've ever set.
they do seem to have a lot of backend stuff up and working, mostly tech related

but that doesn't mean poo poo when your animations are hosed, your mocap work needs to be redone, your models are constantly being refactored, the FPS don't work, the AI don't work, everythings just goddamn broke

so its great you can show chris a planet you just made in a week and it looks pretty great but ruh oh

chris just said he wants this huge ship to fly right over you, guns barred about to fire and he wants to see the NPC actually driving the thing

not that the ship will just be its own AI thing and fly around and theres some model in the cockpit

NO

he wants the NPC to fly the ship and know how to fly the ship and where the player is and wants the NPC to be able to fire at the player but if the NPCs ship is damaged he wants the NPC to eject and call in support and then scramble for cover in the debris of the ship to suppress the player until the NPC backup arrives

imagine having to code that poo poo

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

"[s posted:

MeLKoR[/s] Fuzzy Modem" post="465847829"]

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
now imagine having not just to code that in a single player game

but a loving mmo

how

how is

wha

why

how

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3

TheAgent posted:

sq42
2018 2nd episode
2019+ complete game

SC
2020 alpha
2021 beta

The 2022 date for a 1.0 release has been whispered about before, a few months ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

lol almost a decade late at that point and still not feature complete

Unreal engine 5 will do all of this drag and drop status by 2022.

• Locked thread