Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Farg
Nov 19, 2013
if we aren't getting 3 then where is that triple budget goin'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Farg posted:

cat butt slider

TheRagamuffin
Aug 31, 2008

In Paradox Space, when you cross the line, your nuts are mine.
War Castanets.

Klades
Sep 8, 2011

The server upgrades

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
Longer cutscenes

Bleu
Jul 19, 2006

Farg posted:

more disciples of the hand

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
The tip jar whenever someone clamours for the return of the Catte Butt's.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Captain Oblivious posted:

Based on 3.4, I'm still pretty convinced what we're going to get is Red Mage In Name Only, essentially the Red Mage aesthetic and lore stapled onto what is functionally a Mystic Knight/Rune Fencer.

And I think that would be rad.

Yeah, that would be pretty great. If they were sort of a melee equivalent to BRD/MCH in that they bring a lot of support as well, that would be enough in my book for them to be a Red Mage in more than just name.

That said, you're definitely right that there's no way FFXIV is getting a "true" Red Mage. That's just not how this game is built.

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

I'll just keep playing WHM and SCH. :eonwe:

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Boogalo posted:

i hope they revisit a few of the 2.0 animations. most are great but like, compare the black mage cast animations to the astro ones. theyre just sorta dull comparatively. respect for playing the classics though

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Countblanc posted:

i hope they revisit a few of the 2.0 animations. most are great but like, compare the black mage cast animations to the astro ones. theyre just sorta dull comparatively. respect for playing the classics though

*Me, a star gazing future seeing time wizard*
*You, a voidboy just screaming 'I WANNA MAKE A BIGGER FIRE'*
"How come BLM animations are so boring?"

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Countblanc posted:

Yeah, one of my favorite things about 3.0 BLM is/was that F4 looks so drat pretty.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

*Me, a star gazing future seeing time wizard*
*You, a voidboy just screaming 'I WANNA MAKE A BIGGER FIRE'*
"How come BLM animations are so boring?"

If Fire V isn't like an enormous phoenix that we deploy from our mortal vessels by spreading our arms out wide and flapping them I'll be sorely disappointed.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Countblanc posted:

If Fire V isn't like an enormous phoenix that we deploy from our mortal vessels by spreading our arms out wide and flapping them I'll be sorely disappointed.

That's summoner territory.

You get meteors.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Ok fine an enormous meteor we deploy by flapping our arms, whatever.

Nill
Aug 24, 2003

Farg posted:

Development costs for not adding Viera yet again.

Groggy nard
Aug 6, 2013

How does into botes?

Nill posted:

Development costs for not adding Viera yet again.

The greatest tragedy of the game so far.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Just gimme an Ivalice MMO, I wanna play an adventure moogle

Potato Jones
Apr 9, 2007

Clever Betty

Harrow posted:

Just gimme an Ivalice MMO, I wanna play an adventure moogle
I'd main Chocobo Knight. Good hats.

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

I wonder when they're going to have the Scions lampshade Yugiri's absence since the initial 3.0 story.

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

Haunting you until no 8 arrives.

SirPhoebos posted:

Please don't encourage SE to use Yoko Taro more.

I hope they do an Event for the Nier 2 release. I hope they let Yoko Taro be involved in designing it.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

nuru posted:

I wonder when they're going to have the Scions lampshade Yugiri's absence since the initial 3.0 story.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4tvAjX5ACPo

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

"I heard from Yugiri, she's doing well and went back to the ruins of Doma, now let's spend the next 6 patches building up to the Othard expansion"

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

seiferguy posted:

I'm pretty sure they insinuated at fanfest that featherfoot is getting the axe.

Also, if red mage is a healer class, they're going to be the worst duty finder class. People will play them and only heal, completely ignoring their offensive kit that makes a red mage a... red mage. It'll be like AST at 3.0 launch but worse.

Like people who played Warrior Priests in Warhammer Online yet only had non-melee healing abilities on their bars, while using sledghammers. :downs:

Gizmo Chicken posted:

While we're at it, make One-Ilm Punch PVP only and then give us Axe Kick for PVE.

Mantra should empty your MP bar and split it up among party members within range.

2 SPOOKY
Sep 9, 2010

Always Be Alert!

Groggy nard posted:

The greatest tragedy of the game so far.

But viera are just catgirls with longer ears and shorter tails? Like, I'm not a fan of the Au'ra but at least they are an original, distinct kind of fanservice waifu.

:shrug: I still play a catte anyway because I hate the way all my favorite glamours look on a roegadame.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
Let Yoko Taro write one of the sidequest chains in 4.0, SE. Do it.

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

what do you mean that hotkey disappeared
Calling all unemployed goon tanks on Excalibur: I am making a casual raid static that is nearly full, we're just missing one tank (and have been searching for a goon tank for weeks now without success).

Raid days are up in the air, but times would preferably be 8-11 PM or 9-12 PM EST. Will likely be two days a week, possibly three if things really get in gear. Inquire within.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

HenryEx posted:

Let Yoko Taro write one of the sidequest chains in 4.0, SE. Do it.

Better yet: one of the new job quest chains.

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor
DRK 4.0 - Yoko Taro Edition :getin:

Remilia
Jan 4, 2013

Gearhead posted:

Yes please

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Captain Oblivious posted:

Based on 3.4, I'm still pretty convinced what we're going to get is Red Mage In Name Only, essentially the Red Mage aesthetic and lore stapled onto what is functionally a Mystic Knight/Rune Fencer.

And I think that would be rad.

I am 200% okay with this if it happens.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Boogalo posted:

After having a lot of fun with bard then hating it after I got to new content, I picked up DRK and I'm really digging it. I'm Not The Best at it yet however. I feel bad for the group that went through Dzemael with me last night because I had forgotten all the mechanics and or just not paid attention to them as dps.

Remilia
Jan 4, 2013

Boogalo posted:

Same. But NIN and DRK.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
Red Mage will just be a black Mage that stands in melee range and hits with a sword. Int as main stat. Do different elemental infusions in their sword. So it will appear like physical damage but it's actually completely magical damage.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Let's be real, though: everyone knows that Stormblood will have zero DoW/DoM classes, and will instead have three DoH/DoL classes: Chemist, Festivalist and Mime.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

:suicide:

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

Gearhead posted:

WHM/SCH would be even better.

Although really, everyone would get behind 4.0 Relic Yoko Taro.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Gearhead posted:

You embark on a journey to brutally murder your fellow Scions one by one. Then Frey reappears and mercifully removes you from history by deleting your FFXIV account.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Why would Yoko Taro not get DRG? And then everyone will die.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Technogeek
Sep 9, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
AAARRGGHH!!! Then how about one of YOU chucklemongers joins my groups and helps me down her if it's SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO easy for you?! It must be nice to be part of some super spec ops team of FF14 masterminds who can clear her barely even paying attention, but I don't have access to those resources! Now I'm even more frustrated than ever! YOU'VE GOT YOUR SOPHIC WEAPON AND I'M NEVER GOING TO GET MINE AT THIS RATE!!!

Screw it, I'm out. YOUR FACES ARE ALL STUPID!!!

• Locked thread