Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Metapod posted:

Charlotte is a good team that could be a top 4 seed this year

bless you, kind sir

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

The season has been saved

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLGvuhkk25Q

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
"Elevator" Ernie Johnson is my favorite black TV sports commentator

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

OH so we're posting the all-time greatest not-actual-basketball NBA clips are we!?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56GL0ayF9Fs

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Declan MacManus posted:

They were a normal team before they Kafka'd themseves into a joke for four seasons. It doesn't take that long to rebuild

I'm done arguing about but where did you get 4 seasons .

It was always going to take at least two IMHO and now they are done at only 3.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

https://twitter.com/DannyEcker/status/792084192133836800

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
So I guess Portis is the one getting traded :smith:

Gibson is starting and Mirotic has a Chia Pet.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

How has Portis looked? I didn't see much Chi last year.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
Is there still a gambling thread? I'm heading to Vegas this weekend and might have to make some bad basketball moves.

Props Department
Jul 10, 2007

creamed corn & confucius
I just noticed that the Warriors and Knicks are tied for worst point differential in the league at -29 :mmmsmug:

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
^^

I mean those are the two superteams.

euphronius posted:

How has Portis looked? I didn't see much Chi last year.

Non-existant.

As in he has literally gotten zero minutes.

But Last year he seemed like he had potential. But the game always seemed too fast for him.

Dexo fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Oct 28, 2016

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Portis is the 5th best big on the team, that's the unfortunate part despite Pau leaving.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
Portis for Tyus Jones swap? That sorta makes sense for both teams.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Lockback posted:

Point Guard/ball creator is like the 1 thing the Bulls don't need.

Tyus Jones is the PG, right?

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Tae posted:

Point Guard/ball creator is like the 1 thing the Bulls don't need.

Tyus Jones is the PG, right?

Yeah but I assume they are going to play MCW at the 2 a lot. Tyus is more of a true point. I know the Bulls were sniffing around Tyus hence why I thought, though that might have been before the MCW trade, now that I think about it.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Lockback posted:

Not Tony Snell is our PG of the future.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Portis sucks. Felicio is the young big with a future. He actually got some minutes last night too and got a sweet alley-oop from Wade.

https://twitter.com/hungarianjordan/status/791806608913240064

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

McW at the .... 2?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I googled denzel valentine to remember how tall he was, and I got this result

(he played 0 minutes)

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
It's bad for basketball when a big market team is below the salary floor. That's my only problem with the Process. Other than that everything else they've done has been done many times and was only a big deal because we're in the pearl clutching age.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

euphronius posted:

McW at the .... 2?

I dunno if this is a joke I am not getting, but he played next to Rondo a whole lot so I expect he'll keep playing a lot of off-ball.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Lockback posted:

I dunno if this is a joke I am not getting, but he played next to Rondo a whole lot so I expect he'll keep playing a lot of off-ball.

2 guards who can't shoot tho

How does this work

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

euphronius posted:

I'm done arguing about but where did you get 4 seasons .

It was always going to take at least two IMHO and now they are done at only 3.

We don't have to argue the merits of the process, but Philly will be bad this year, so that will be 4 years of absolute poo poo.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

euphronius posted:

How does this work

3 Alphas.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

euphronius posted:

How does this work

Bulls.txt

Props Department
Jul 10, 2007

creamed corn & confucius
I only watched a little bit of the first half of the Three Alphas game but their offense looked horrible in what I saw. Just a lot of one-on-one flailing drives followed by ugly bailout passes that led to a surprising number of made shots. But it didn't inspire any confidence in Hoiberg as a tactician at all. Did they ever get into a better rhythm later?

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Props Department posted:

I only watched a little bit of the first half of the Three Alphas game but their offense looked horrible in what I saw. Just a lot of one-on-one flailing drives followed by ugly bailout passes that led to a surprising number of made shots. But it didn't inspire any confidence in Hoiberg as a tactician at all. Did they ever get into a better rhythm later?

You just don't get the subtle nuances in the Alphas game. What looks like flailing drives are actually more like a controlled chaos based around causing confusion and dissention in the opponents gameplan and execution.

The Three Alphas know what they are doing. They know exactly what they are doing. Which allows them to manipulate the chaos in their favor.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/mcten/status/792045580369424388

Got to see your kid be a champ, Mrs. Frye :unsmith:

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
this just in: the head honchos of the association have deemed harden the deadliest torpedo in cagertown

https://twitter.com/Jonathan_Feigen/status/792051007131750400

also, sam dekker looks up to Dirk Nowitzki, is dead to me: http://www.chron.com/sports/rockets/article/Sam-Dekker-looks-up-to-Dirk-Nowitzki-10420253.php?cmpid=twitter-tablet

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Devin Booker is alright

quote:

Bit of a scuffle with DeMarcus Cousins on opening night, as two Kentucky guys, what was that all about?

We are brothers, it’s all love. We are both competitors too and I tried to get through a screen and he pushed me a little bit and I pushed him back, nothing more than that. People will blow it up, we both went to Kentucky but we both talked about it and laughed it off so it’s not a big deal.

Coach Calipari said he might take you in that fight:

Because he knows I’d go in with Tyler (Ulis), we’d go 2-on-1, we wouldn’t fight fair if we are going to fight.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

euphronius posted:

McW at the .... 2?

Boston has small guards so it wasn't that bad to go with two big guards and post them up. Plus they had MCW crashing the boards on offense and got some boards. The rotations were surprisingly decent. I was about to credit Hoiberg but I just assume the alphas were calling the shots.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

gently caress Cancer.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Well dang.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

McDermott still has no idea how to play basketball.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Could the Spurs be light years ahead in completing the final pieces of the next Big 3?

https://www.instagram.com/p/BMGUhU9BQcj/

(Likely not)

euphronius posted:

How does this work

I could be convinced that the Bulls are initiating their own Process, what with signing Rondo to ensure the team would lose all chemistry, but they were too dumb to figure out tanking didn't involve paying a broken Dwyane Wade a zillion dollars.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Redgrendel2001 posted:

gently caress Cancer.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Redgrendel2001 posted:

gently caress Cancer.

shoutout to boosie

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring

Redgrendel2001 posted:

gently caress Cancer.

Right on. I've learned today that a friend of mine has cancer. She's my age, has a child. gently caress it all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Redgrendel2001 posted:

gently caress Cancer.

• Locked thread