Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was your favorite Titan from Titanfall 1?
gundam
megatron
that russian robot from pacific rim
goku
View Results

RossCo
Dec 30, 2012

I have no idea what I am doing in almost any given situation.
My afternoon off got cancelled and now I'm not playing and am 87% sodium.

How is the PS4 MP crowd looking? I'm terrible, and need people who are more terrible to shoot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

Do factions do anything besides decide your announcer and give you cosmetics when you level them?

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
Welp, I can tell you that the ps4 crowd was absolute garbage during the beta. Like, really bad.

Last night players seemed noticeably more competent. I'm willing to bet there's way more fish in sony's barrel than Microsoft or PC

And by fish I mean bad players.

el B fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Oct 28, 2016

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Unlucky7 posted:

I got this on GMG. Then I realized I probably should have got the game on console because it may have a better chance of keeping a bigger community.

It's not gonna approach COD of BF numbers, but I doubt you'll have trouble finding games even on PC.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Anyone else unable to connect to the servers? I'm in PS4. Can't get on at all.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

el B posted:

Welp, I can tell you that the ps4 crowd was absolute garbage during the beta. Like, really bad.

Last night players seemed noticeably more competent. I'm willing to bet there's way more fish in sony's barrel than Microsoft or PC

And by fish I mean bad players.

Its always been like that, main competition is either PC or Xbone.

Game is fun but holy poo poo the TTK is so low in this, I feel like if I blink I die.

Senethro
May 18, 2005

I unironically think I'm Garret, Master Thief.
Turbo engine on every titan always.

Mr.Citrus
Jul 27, 2005

Alteisen posted:

Its always been like that, main competition is either PC or Xbone.

Game is fun but holy poo poo the TTK is so low in this, I feel like if I blink I die.

Biggest tip too deal with low ttk is to hip fire, A LOT. You only need to ads for long ranges. Mobility essentially increases your ttk

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

So does this game have a bunch of customization that the first one apparently lacked?

Is it good?

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I feel like the one thing this game lacks is getting score for helping kill a enemy or a titan, even if you just shoot a couple of rockets at one.

ShineDog
May 21, 2007
It is inevitable!
Campaign is great so far.

Did not expect the time shenanigans twist I just encountered.

Edit - Haha I love how nonplussed everyone is about this

ShineDog fucked around with this message at 00:28 on Oct 29, 2016

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

Peewi posted:

Do factions do anything besides decide your announcer and give you cosmetics when you level them?
Yeah they make it so you never have to suffer under not having the best character in the game, Blisk, as your announcer

psyman
Nov 1, 2008
For the life of me I can't seem to find info about maps other than the tech test. I've looked at the official TF2 site and Eurogamer, Giant Bomb, IGN and Gamespot reviews, and none of them mention what the multiplayer locales are, like colony planets or the quantity and quality of maps, difference between them, etc. It's really bizarre, and all news results are just about how all DLC maps will be free for TF2.

At this point, I only know of the 3 planets/locales from the tech test; Boomtown, Homestead and Forwardbase Kodai. Can someone who has played please detail the maps for us?. Are there any huge creatures stomping around like in Boneyard or Airbase, that kind of thing?

Also seems like there is no demand for an improved MP campaign followup to TF1, in fact not a single review I've read criticized it's absence, crazy. It's bloody frustrating because there is a lot of room for innovation with the idea, like proper one-way missions and objectives (as in PvZ Garden Warfare, or new Operations mode in BF1) rather than all arena-style deathmatch maps like in TF1, but no one seems to care!

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I didn't play TF1 but the mpas remind me of Call of Duty MW2 maps but super clean. Also some of them are kind of too big imho.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Empress Brosephine posted:

I didn't play TF1 but the mpas remind me of Call of Duty MW2 maps but super clean. Also some of them are kind of too big imho.

What game mode are you playing on? Stuff like Attrition works even on a "too big" map because of the way the spawns work. As long as you follow the red indicator on your mini map, you'll find new creeps to kill, so the effect is that the battlefield terrain keeps shifting while still having a definite focus. If you find yourself in the middle of nowhere too much, try keeping more of an eye out for that (on your mini map, there'll be a red cone that indicates what direction new creeps are in)

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Mordja posted:

It's not gonna approach COD of BF numbers, but I doubt you'll have trouble finding games even on PC.

I do not doubt this for the first week or so, but I was wondering what it would be like a few months from now. The BF1/CoD double whammy won't do it any favors as well.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lemming posted:

What game mode are you playing on? Stuff like Attrition works even on a "too big" map because of the way the spawns work. As long as you follow the red indicator on your mini map, you'll find new creeps to kill, so the effect is that the battlefield terrain keeps shifting while still having a definite focus. If you find yourself in the middle of nowhere too much, try keeping more of an eye out for that (on your mini map, there'll be a red cone that indicates what direction new creeps are in)

I only play Attrition, i didnt know about that cone though ill have to pay attention

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Unlucky7 posted:

I do not doubt this for the first week or so, but I was wondering what it would be like a few months from now. The BF1/CoD double whammy won't do it any favors as well.

You can still find Attrition games in TF1, I think. They're obviously all the insane tryhards, but I'm pretty confident this game will have a healthy population for at least a few months

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Not sure how I feel about this yet. The campaign is cool, but multi maps definitely feel weirdly huge a lot of the time, with really long sight lines. It still feels less hilariously frenetic than TF1, but perhaps I need to give it more of a chance.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
I'm having fun now with this whereas during the first open beta I was disappointed. How cutscene heavy is the campaign? I'm starting to hate story in my video games.

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

Bob NewSCART posted:

So does this game have a bunch of customization that the first one apparently lacked?

Not really?

I mean...there's LOTS of "stuff" to unlock? Its not Battlefield 3/4 "bad" but...I don't know, its sort of directionless?

EVERYTHING has levels now. Guns, Titans, Anti-titan guns, Factions (voice packs???). Its all over the place. Skins, weapon mods...ect.
I think part of what I, personally, found refreshing about the first Titanfall was how little there was to unlock? Every gun had a clear role and had 3(?) unlocks. Same for Titan Chassis.
I guess what I'm saying is there'll always be something popping up saying you've unlocked something if that's your thing.

The only thing I really like about the "new" system is that I can use credits to skip level unlock requirements.

If I had to sum up Titanfall 2, the pilot changes are boss. Lots more movement options, customization and the stuff everyone usually equipped is default. Titan changes? Not so much. The Titans feel like restrictive character classes that you're not meant to have for long.

Snuffman fucked around with this message at 01:41 on Oct 29, 2016

Arianya
Nov 3, 2009

Lakbay posted:

I'm having fun now with this whereas during the first open beta I was disappointed. How cutscene heavy is the campaign? I'm starting to hate story in my video games.

Very few to none. The start is a little cutscene heavy as they finnagle you into the Pilot role but after that its pretty much all done in-situ.

Campaign spoilers (I've not finished yet)
I would pay good money for both
a) More campaign poo poo using the mechanic of the time glove
b) A replay mode where I can watch what it looks like for someone not timeline hopping. I wanna see my pilot bouncing from position to position at wild.

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011
I just finished the singleplayer campaign, powering on through in a single sitting on Hard and man it was so enjoyable, so much so that I didn't care about some of the weakest elements of the story since I was having fun.
I'm really impressed by Respawn pulling it off and hope that this sells well.

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

It's time to kick the tires and light the fires, Big Bird.

Aw man, are suppressors not a thing anymore? :eng99:

RossCo
Dec 30, 2012

I have no idea what I am doing in almost any given situation.
Am I missing something or is there no way to set aim and fire to L1/R1 (the digital bumpers rather than analog triggers)?

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Conot posted:

Campaign spoilers (I've not finished yet)
I would pay good money for both
a) More campaign poo poo using the mechanic of the time glove
b) A replay mode where I can watch what it looks like for someone not timeline hopping. I wanna see my pilot bouncing from position to position at wild.

Dishonored 2 is going to have a level like this.

Spoilers: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGy6vsA7Z9M

As for Titanfall, Campaign was fun. Sixish hours of very cool gimmicks and set pieces, very refreshing.

radintorov posted:

I just finished the singleplayer campaign, powering on through in a single sitting on Hard and man it was so enjoyable, so much so that I didn't care about some of the weakest elements of the story since I was having fun.
I'm really impressed by Respawn pulling it off and hope that this sells well.

Most of the time I had no idea what was going on, storywise, but that didn't matter even a tiny bit.

Icept
Jul 11, 2001
Why is the film grain in this set to look like a '70s theatrical film transfer?

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Stupid question but how do you eject (with a controller) I remember it being double tap square in the beta but that doesn't seem to work?

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

https://i.imgur.com/SyRGcBe.mp4

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!
What are "Ion Prime" and "Scorch Prime" that are listed as benefits for buying the Deluxe Edition of this game? The only info I can find is that they're released in December, and presumably are some kind of Titan?

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Geight posted:

What are "Ion Prime" and "Scorch Prime" that are listed as benefits for buying the Deluxe Edition of this game? The only info I can find is that they're released in December, and presumably are some kind of Titan?
They're fancier looking versions of two of the titans.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!
Oh okay, so just more cosmetic stuff. October's had too many cool games so I figure if I'm gonna get this I'd do my wallet a favor and not get the deluxe edition if it was mostly/all cosmetic stuff.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

RossCo posted:

Am I missing something or is there no way to set aim and fire to L1/R1 (the digital bumpers rather than analog triggers)?

Yeah, this. Default gives me wicked cramps. Would really love a bit of customization.

I only had time to fire it up for the tutorial but another lovely control design is binding sprint to L3. poo poo is infuriating.

black.lion
Apr 1, 2004

For if he like a madman lived,
At least he like a wise one died.

I still can't see any data centers, I've disabled all my internet adapters besides WIFI (both in control panel and in device manager) - is there any word on wtf is going on? Has anything official been said? I would like to play this game...

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
I decided I would rather have a PS4 version. Anyone want a Origin key for the game for $45 USD?

I will make an SA Mart thread sometime soon. Does anyone know if Origin keys are region specific?

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

Is there to make R2 aim-down-sites not a toggle on-off affair? I prefer it as a button-hold-down-on-off sort of thing.

nah thanks
Jun 18, 2004

Take me out.

Wazzit posted:

I made a BOYS clan, search for the name Boy Team Super Xtreme, or just look up my GT: Wazzit

Awesome, joined.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
how do people run legion? i've been using bulwark because otherwise i still feel very flimsy.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

how do people run legion? i've been using bulwark because otherwise i still feel very flimsy.

The 20% Core build. Smartcore is the best. The short range Q has better range than you'd think it does and makes salsa of infantry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but trump is president
has anyone made a ps4 goon network yet?