Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Anyone else feeling that Cam's game has kinda been figured out? I also think he's playing hurt beyond the concussions which will limit his run game point scoring potential.

I'm just uneasy about his health and feel like cutting bait on him in one of my leagues.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psikotik
Dec 17, 2002

Random more like ranDUMB
College Slice

MacheteZombie posted:

Yeah, post both teams full rosters for us please, Psikotik.

Team A:
Matt Ryan
Brandin Cooks
Brandon LaFell
LeSean McCoy
Ryan Matthews
CJ Fiedorowicz
Kelvin Benjamin
Tyrell Williams
Travis Benjamin
Rashad Jennings
Eli Manning
Corey Coleman
Jay Ajayi

Team B:
Brees
Jordan Matthews
John Brown
Elliot
Lamar Miller
Jordan Reed
Doug Martin
Kirk Cousins
Ameer Abdullah
Phillip Dorsett
Eric Ebron
Anquan Boldin

This kid still has Jordan Reed, John Brown and Doug Martin in his starting lineup.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Yeah veto it. Only way it could be more obvious would be a letter stating it's collusion signed by both owners.

This is a rare moment in fantasy. A trade worth vetoing.

Doltos posted:

Anyone else feeling that Cam's game has kinda been figured out? I also think he's playing hurt beyond the concussions which will limit his run game point scoring potential.

I'm just uneasy about his health and feel like cutting bait on him in one of my leagues.

Carolina is taking the Seattle approach of not providing a high quality o-line for their star to work with.

axelord
Dec 28, 2012

College Slice

Psikotik posted:

Team A:
Matt Ryan
Brandin Cooks
Brandon LaFell
LeSean McCoy
Ryan Matthews
CJ Fiedorowicz
Kelvin Benjamin
Tyrell Williams
Travis Benjamin
Rashad Jennings
Eli Manning
Corey Coleman
Jay Ajayi

Team B:
Brees
Jordan Matthews
John Brown
Elliot
Lamar Miller
Jordan Reed
Doug Martin
Kirk Cousins
Ameer Abdullah
Phillip Dorsett
Eric Ebron
Anquan Boldin

This kid still has Jordan Reed, John Brown and Doug Martin in his starting lineup.

Can you talk to the guy that gave away Zeke and have him explain the trade, how it makes his team better? If the guy can't explain it then I would veto it.

Psikotik
Dec 17, 2002

Random more like ranDUMB
College Slice

axelord posted:

Can you talk to the guy that gave away Zeke and have him explain the trade, how it makes his team better? If the guy can't explain it then I would veto it.

They don't know each other IRL. Team A is ran by 2 friends, 1 works in my office and basically paid the entry fee and his friend runs the team. Team B is a nice guy but apparently doesn't know poo poo and got taken advantage of.

The Team A guy is being a tremendous jerkoff all afternoon now, it's quite a show of how cunty an adult man can be when something doesn't go their way.

axelord
Dec 28, 2012

College Slice
DeMarco Murray is having a MRI on his toe today it's probably nothing but Henry is a definite hold.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Jamaal officially out.

Lamar a game time decision.

Fantasy is fun and cruel.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
And people wonder why I only play with goons or in public leagues. I gave up commissionership of my 7 year old keeper league last year and outright quit that league and another big money league with friends/acquaintances this year because I can't stand adults acting like giant :qq: babbies :qq: over a goddamn game

That money league apparently had a blow up and one of my really good friend who runs the league had to step down as commissioner because he noticed that one of the guys in the league didn't set him lineup and sent him a friendly reminder and he ended up blowing out a team near the top of the standings and he bitched and moaned for days about how it was collusion and unfair and he was targeted specifically. It was a pretty spectacular blow up, I wish I could share the texts with you guys

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 19:32 on Oct 28, 2016

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Teemu Pokemon posted:

I can't stand adults acting like giant :qq: babbies :qq: over a goddamn game

So you play with goons?

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
Thinking about offering Fitzgerald for Booker, thoughts? Too much or too little?

I have Julio, Alshon, Ty Montgomery, Crabtree, and Moncrief at WR.

RBs are Jizz Rodgers, Jstew, Chris Thompson, Crowell, Coleman, and T West.

We start 2 RB 2 WR 1 W/T, so basically 3 WRs

VietCampo fucked around with this message at 19:34 on Oct 28, 2016

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

MacheteZombie posted:

So you play with goons?

Fantasy ≠ Madden :v:

In all honestly, GoonTier is pretty much the only reason why I haven't quit fantasy football outright. :love: you guys (yes I am capable of love)

Green Gloves
Mar 3, 2008

axelord posted:

DeMarco Murray is having a MRI on his toe today it's probably nothing but Henry is a definite hold.

I watched some highlights of last nights game on YouTube. I noticed on a run to the outside in the 2nd half that he tried to make a cut against two defenders and he looked a little gimpy. It wasnt as nifty as he usually looks. I am going to rewatch gamepass and take a closer look. If he has turf toe its going to be tough for him because his game relies so much on making cuts.

Hand Row
May 28, 2001
I still don't get why they put him back in the game.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Hand Row posted:

I still don't get why they put him back in the game.

Mike Mularkey has Demarco on his fantasy team

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps

VietCampo posted:

So you were able to trade for Kelvin Benjamin and Antonio Brown in the span of a week?

Are you out 89ing yourself?

Allen Robinson & Lamar Miller for Antonio Brown (I'm promoting Booker)
James White for Kelvin Benjamin

And in my main league:

Fitzgerald & Forte for TY Hilton

And in my work league:

Brandon Marshall & Jonathan Stewart for Cam Newton & Doug Martin (I have Jacquizz)

It's been a busy week. THIS IS WHY YOU WORK THE WAIVER WIRE FOR DEPTH.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004
It's a loving RBlocaust and it's only Thursday GOOD LORD

Now I have to grovel to Henry's owner uuunnnggghhh I hate being on the wrong side of history

In related news, picked up shares of Blue, Kelley.

e: I'm too distraught to know what day it is

Suave Fedora fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Oct 28, 2016

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Suave Fedora posted:

It's a loving RBlocaust and it's only Thursday GOOD LORD

Now I have to grovel to Henry's owner uuunnnggghhh I hate being on the wrong side of history

In related news, picked up shares of Blue, Kelley.

It's currently Friday, but yeah, I feel ya.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Teemu Pokemon posted:

And people wonder why I only play with goons or in public leagues. I gave up commissionership of my 7 year old keeper league last year and outright quit that league and another big money league with friends/acquaintances this year because I can't stand adults acting like giant :qq: babbies :qq: over a goddamn game

That money league apparently had a blow up and one of my really good friend who runs the league had to step down as commissioner because he noticed that one of the guys in the league didn't set him lineup and sent him a friendly reminder and he ended up blowing out a team near the top of the standings and he bitched and moaned for days about how it was collusion and unfair and he was targeted specifically. It was a pretty spectacular blow up, I wish I could share the texts with you guys

The commish of a pubbie league I'm in changed waivers so that those set last week won't clear to next.

I'm out a QB this week as a result.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
What? Why? Changed it during the season? What?

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Do pubbie leagues even have commissioners?? The two that I'm in are just a bunch of randos with default settings

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

For we'll fight with a vim
that is dead sure to win.

Do I give up on Charles at this point and hope for the best from someone else? His return to playing, let alone playing effectively, is looking doubtful for the rest of the season.

There aren't any "good" alternate options exactly, but a few points is marginally better than no points.

MarquisDeCarabas
Jun 16, 2012

King Hong Kong posted:

Do I give up on Charles at this point and hope for the best from someone else? His return to playing, let alone playing effectively, is looking doubtful for the rest of the season.

There aren't any "good" alternate options exactly, but a few points is marginally better than no points.

Wondering the same. Might drop to pick Powell up again (I own Forte).

Green Gloves
Mar 3, 2008
"DeMarco Murray is out 1-2 weeks with turf toe."

Just kidding. Relax. Its possible he might have had turf toe for awhile and it finally became a problem.

Green Gloves
Mar 3, 2008

King Hong Kong posted:

I already dropped Charles for a kicker. gently caress Charles.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Green Gloves posted:

"DeMarco Murray is out 1-2 weeks with turf toe."

Just kidding. Relax. Its possible he might have had turf toe for awhile and it finally became a problem.

You are Negan.

Green Gloves
Mar 3, 2008

Suave Fedora posted:

You are Negan.

I had to google this as I dont watch Walking Dead but I guess it is fitting.

decypher
Aug 23, 2003

Who else see da leprechaun say yaaaa!

Teemu Pokemon posted:

I am dealing with a related situation. We have a bum manager in our league who refuses to set his lineup. Starting players on Byes and on the IR. I have to communicate with the commissioner weekly regarding this team and I've posted many a note regarding the situation.

I don't want anyone being given any advantage for free, even myself. It's just not fun that way for me. So, last week when I was playing said manager and he had a guy in the IR in his lineup, I raised a stink and made sure he was rolling out a full and complete roster. I may be annoying to some of the managers in the league(no ones ever said anything though) but I am a person of integrity.

This is a 17 year old league with a majority of managers involved from the beginning. This troublesome manager is new and definitely won't be back next year.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Even in the league where I'm 2-5 and have pretty much given up, I'm still putting out the best lineup I can and even working the wire a tiny bit. There's no excuse for joining a league and then ignoring it, it doesn't take very long to check injuries and available players.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

My dynasty league has an explicit rule about this:
pre:
3.3: 	There is no minimum roster size, although per rule 3.1.3.2, Owners have a responsibility to field a complete starting roster every match.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Green Gloves posted:

gently caress Charles.

Trying not to get real-life angry

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Leperflesh posted:

My dynasty league has an explicit rule about this:
pre:
3.3: 	There is no minimum roster size, although per rule 3.1.3.2, Owners have a responsibility to field a complete starting roster every match.

3.1.3.2 is like, 3 sub-levels too far for fantasy rules.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
With Justin Tucker on bye, i need to pick up a replacement Kicker, but who do i drop?

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

VietCampo posted:

With Justin Tucker on bye, i need to pick up a replacement Kicker, but who do i drop?

Justin Tucker

Seriously, I don't think you should drop any of those guys for a kicker, even the best kicker

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

timp posted:

Justin Tucker

Seriously, I don't think you should drop any of those guys for a kicker, even the best kicker

Agreed - Baltimorean who loves the goofy opera singing weirdo

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Hand Row posted:

Traded Melvin Gordon for Greg Olsen. Thanks Booker for making this possible.

Same.

Here's looking forward to a few weeks when Gordon's ridiculous TD rate comes back down to earth.

:cheerdoge:

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Inspector_666 posted:

Nobody in the league has complained. This is a dynasty money league; having very clear and comprehensive rules means not having lovely drama and fights and stuff. And we hashed out the rules before the startup draft in 2015, as a group, so everyone had a chance to know and agree to them before we got going.

I mean, I could have flattened the structure of the rules numbering, of course, but using deep trees of nested rules shows a hierarchy and doesn't really hurt anything.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
Alright thanks guys, if i'm not able to work out a trade today to clear up some space and get an upgrade, i guess i'll drop Money Tucker :(

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

Leperflesh posted:

Nobody in the league has complained. This is a dynasty money league; having very clear and comprehensive rules means not having lovely drama and fights and stuff. And we hashed out the rules before the startup draft in 2015, as a group, so everyone had a chance to know and agree to them before we got going.

I mean, I could have flattened the structure of the rules numbering, of course, but using deep trees of nested rules shows a hierarchy and doesn't really hurt anything.

Aka it was written by a goon aka say no more :)

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Yeah it's all goons all the time 100% goonish goony goon league.

Which actually makes it really dang tough competition, and even though we're all strangers, the money aspect has always gone smoothly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Inspector_666 posted:

Look at this scrub and his one-tiered fantasy rules. Not all of us are casuals. Some of us take our fantasy football seriously. :v:

Leperflesh posted:

Yeah it's all goons all the time 100% goonish goony goon league.

Which actually makes it really dang tough competition, and even though we're all strangers, the money aspect has always gone smoothly.

Nothing stranger than goons.

• Locked thread