Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

screamin and creamin posted:

Beep boop I am a computer beep boop I cannot understand that one of the principal members of the core group of characters getting gruesomely killed while the others are forced to watch causes some people to be more emotional than similar things happening to some random extras that just walked up beep boop your receipt is ready below please pick it up shutting down beep boop click.

The concept of a principal character or group of characters that people care about or even identify with seems to be totally foreign to some people here. I guess these people would be about as indifferent to their close family or themselves getting killed as one Goomba to another getting jumped on by Mario. Or they didn't buy into this show, which is totally fine, but it's still not exactly hard to figure out that IF someone is into this show, then what happened and HOW was kinda a big deal.

It's like me posting "I don't get why there's 22 people after this weird looking ball when could just buy one for themselves" about an NFL game.

It's funny that you're trying to make fun of my comprehension skills when failing to comprehend mine, but hey do your thing and look like a fool :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Smile Face Hat
Sep 15, 2003

Praise be to China's Covid-Zero Policy

Johnny Truant posted:

It's funny that you're trying to make fun of my comprehension skills when failing to comprehend mine, but hey do your thing and look like a fool :allears:

You made a post about the gore not being unparalleled, and after someone explained why that's not a good argument here, in the next one you added "Sure, the circumstances..." and went right back to the previous argument, which is completely pointless because it's very easy to understand why fans may be upset.

I get your perspective and that of many others here, I just don't think complete detachment it's a particularly deep insight that gives someone some kind of high ground. I don't care about spectator sports at all, but I don't feel enlightened by it or bemused to tell, I don't know, baseball fans that I wouldn't care if the world's best team got hit by a meteor or something because people get hit by meteors all the time.

Boner Zone
Jan 14, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
I like how Glenn's death scene was taken pretty much verbatim from the comic except they gave Negan an extra line to add an extra 30 seconds or so of Glenn mumbling while his eye is hanging out to really drive the point home or something?

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Oh, it's true. You are Brock Landers!
Salad Prong

Boner Zone posted:

I like how Glenn's death scene was taken pretty much verbatim from the comic except they gave Negan an extra line to add an extra 30 seconds or so of Glenn mumbling while his eye is hanging out to really drive the point home or something?

For all the dank memes we get now

Optimus_Rhyme
Apr 15, 2007

are you that mainframe hacker guy?

Boner Zone posted:

That makeup ain't free ya know. Besides, they had to pad out a 45 minute episode to an hour 20 and every little bit helps.

Though, if I've learned anything from BSG it's that late season lackluster openings usually means bitchin cg fight scenes later, so there's hope.

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

I rarely go into the field, motherfucker.

LadyPictureShow posted:

http://www.nerdragecomic.com/

My brother sent me this this morning. Ooooh weeeee...

Oh my god! he killed............

a beloved family friend.

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Boner Zone posted:

TBH, I'm pretty much planning on watching only Negan scenes on youtube for this season. And if they add up to something interesting, it's back to watching the whole show. If not, then at least I'll have fun watching him just straight up enjoy the sound of his own voice as he stomps on the regulars.

AzureSkys
Apr 27, 2003

LadyPictureShow posted:

Has this ever happened in a horror movie? People are always like 'lol baby eating its way out of the womb'. Newborns have no teeth, so good luck with that.

Does it have to be a human baby?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xHaSlWqdDoM&t=73s

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

The Dawn of the Dead remake almost had something like that.

Murphys Law
Nov 1, 2005
How about some reaction video?

http://www.98online.com/2016/10/28/walking-dead-reactions/

It gets a little loud.

Boner Zone
Jan 14, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo

Murphys Law posted:

It gets a little loud.

are all walking dead fans this retarded? am i this retarded?

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

Anyone who makes reaction videos is horrible, subject doesn't matter.

Murphys Law
Nov 1, 2005

Boner Zone posted:

are all walking dead fans this retarded? am i this retarded?

I think it's just them. I've seen sporting events where reactions were calmer.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Murphys Law posted:

It gets a little loud.

I can't take this, this is unacceptable to trigger old wounds, this is disgusting.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
People that think I care what they look like when they sperg are stupid

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

John F Bennett posted:

The Dawn of the Dead remake almost had something like that.

Yeah, but it just went infected mom had zombie baby, but it came out in a normal birthing procedure, not going all 'eating its way out'

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

moist turtleneck posted:

People that think I care what they look like when they sperg are stupid

Suck mah nuts

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010

LadyPictureShow posted:

Yeah, but it just went infected mom had zombie baby, but it came out in a normal birthing procedure, not going all 'eating its way out'

How do Zombie babies eat their way out if babies don't have teeth?

cjg
Sep 5, 2003

A True Jar Jar Fan posted:

Anyone who makes reaction videos is horrible, subject doesn't matter.

But my nigga Ned...

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Oh, it's true. You are Brock Landers!
Salad Prong

Marshmallow Blue posted:

How do Zombie babies eat their way out if babies don't have teeth?

How do zombies move if they have no lungs, functioning heart, or muscles? Is this the 'preposterous!' line were drawing?

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010

xxEightxx posted:

How do zombies move if they have no lungs, functioning heart, or muscles? Is this the 'preposterous!' line were drawing?

Concentrated power of will of course.

Serf
May 5, 2011

xxEightxx posted:

It's always interesting how most zombie media ignores this kinda thing. Like, the only explanation is literally magic.

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010

xxEightxx posted:

it's exactly where I'm drawing it. the bodies of zombies at least had muscles and a skeleton, and don't need to breathe or have blood flow cause they're dead, but babies don't have teeth for a good 3-4 months.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

Marshmallow Blue posted:

it's exactly where I'm drawing it. the bodies of zombies at least had muscles and a skeleton, and don't need to breathe or have blood flow cause they're dead, but babies don't have teeth for a good 3-4 months.
Zombie babies have egg teeth, like reptiles

Khorne
May 1, 2002
I can't believe how butthurt people were about the best episode in nearly half a decade. If not the show's entire history.

Plus, "What's Glen's favorite restaurant?" got a longtime friend of mine who kept upvoting "boycott twd, you went too far" poo poo posts to call me an rear end in a top hat and block me on facebook. This person posts legit gore videos, of the medical kind, on facebook constantly. Because they work in a medical field even though the videos are completely unrelated to their job and contain far more gore than TWD.

The episode still kinda sucked in some ways, mostly in a real situation it likely would have gone down differently and for some reason rick always suffer from some degree of psychosis in every season and maggie's response was dumb as poo poo and TWD as usual, but it was significantly better than other episodes and overall satisfying. I mean yeah, the show lost two good characters and kept some bad ones, but I like when negative things happen in shows just as much as when positive things do.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Oct 28, 2016

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Khorne posted:

I can't believe how butthurt people were about the best episode in nearly half a decade. If not the show's entire history.

Nah, that's 'Clear'.

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010

Bobby Digital posted:

Nah, that's 'Clear'.

wasn't that close to 5 years ago?

AbrahamLincolnLog
Oct 1, 2014

Note to self: This one's the shitty one
Three years; it was S3. Though I don't remember any fan butthurt over it. What happened?

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

AbrahamLincolnLog posted:

Three years; it was S3. Though I don't remember any fan butthurt over it. What happened?

Probably meant that in regards to the 'best' episode, not the 'butthurt' part. Though I do know some viewers were like 'Who the gently caress?!' at the Morgan reveal. I know my dad texted me asking if we were supposed to know who that was. Of course, after the MSF in S4, he at one point asked me 'Where's Hershel?' so his TV watching memory is no good.

wuffles
Apr 10, 2004

Marshmallow Blue posted:

You should probably know at least a little bit of biology if you're going to base some inane criticism on it.

Babies do have teeth well before they are born, they're just not erupted from the gums and muscles don't work without respiration (among many other things). Some babies are actually born with a few erupted teeth (usually on the lower jaw), and all else being equal it's more believable that zombie baby's gums would deteriorate, exposing its teeth, than it is the zombie baby would actually be able to contract its jaw muscles.

tl;dr drop this retarded argument please

Stickarts
Dec 21, 2003

literally

Yea but zombies don't even have sex so how would you get a zombie baby to begin with.

beyonder
Jun 23, 2007
Beyond hardcore.

Stickarts posted:

Yea but zombies don't even have sex so how would you get a zombie baby to begin with.

Infect the mother?

cloneboy
May 7, 2014

beyonder posted:

Infect the mother?

Can you even get a zombie pregnant? I'm asking for a friend.

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010
How is zombie babbie formed?

Stickarts
Dec 21, 2003

literally

Do zombies lactate? Also asking for a friend.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

This is done pretty well.

:nws: (swears) and horrific, well, you know.

youtube.com/watch?v=7a7NZF_jr24

:nws:

I couldn't get it to spoiler properly and it isn't an image some people would want on their screen at work. It's the scene's uncensored audio from the bluray done in time to a backdrop of the comic images that are coloured in. I hadn't realised how spot on most of the dialog was (minus the swearing ofc) because it had been so long since I read that part.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Optimus_Rhyme posted:

I don't think people cared that much about the gore, if they did they would've checked out long ago or would be arguing more about the zombo getting its head rip off with Rick hanging on. It the was stuttering and the long wait while he tried and eventually succeeded getting a sentence out all while being mocked that probably pushed people over the edge.

This show had some good high points its easy to forget its based on a lovely uninventive comic book adapted by hacks who work(ed) for AMC. To be fair, look at the esteemed Executive Producer's pedegree:
FlashForward was comedy gold :colbert:

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

Stickarts posted:

Do zombies lactate? Also asking for a friend.

I see you're not caught up on Z Nation... :allears:

Cartouche
Jan 4, 2011

Murphys Law posted:

It gets a little loud.

I'm the guy who asked how the axe got up there.

Cartouche fucked around with this message at 17:06 on Oct 29, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Remy Marathe
Mar 15, 2007

_________===D ~ ~ _\____/

No that was me.