Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

pubic works project posted:

You know, I was looking at some of Gary Frank's work on Action Comics and I just really miss him drawing Superman. I know he's done some covers here and there, but what is he working on now?

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100626045829/marvel_dc/images/9/92/Superman_0071.jpg

That is one of my favorites and I really wish Big Blue's costume was like that again.

He was on the backup of Suicide Squad #4. Other than that and maybe another Batman Earth One or some other secret Geoff Johns thing, it seems to just be the Action Comics variants.

e: and looking him up, I saw this cancelled wraparound for the first time.
https://twitter.com/1moregaryfrank/status/752766753860640768

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 20:39 on Oct 26, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
That looks glorious.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Can anyone who read Deathstroke explain to me what Rose's whole plan was?

Also, Deathstroke was absolutely loving great, even if the ultimate reveal is incomprehensible.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I'll try to tomorrow.

Roth fucked around with this message at 22:42 on Oct 26, 2016

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Vigilante was alright, but I'd rather read about the female Vig' they knocked off for him in the story.

edit: Holy crap, the Wonder Woman special is worth it.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Oct 27, 2016

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
The whole Renae de Liz part was my favorite. It was nice to revisit that Legend of WW world for a bit.

Incidentally, one of my favorite parts of WW#9 was Diana just wearing her bracers all the time, even when dressed in casual attire. Not only does it make her look practically identical to the jeans-and-T-shirt Diana of the Rucka years -- who this is, in every sense -- it's also just generally reminiscent of the pre-Flashpoint Amazons, for whom the bracers were a huge loving deal. I love that Rucka and Sharp are diligently including every little detail like that. More than any other issue so far, this is the one that really says "We're back. This is truly the character that we left behind all those years ago."

Which may seem unexpected, considering that a large part of the issue -- and of this story in general -- also deals with Steve and Diana's romance, which is the one thing here that was not part of post-Crisis stories. It's ironic that the one thing that will probably tether Diana to her true history -- "I have never forgotten the survivor. I have never forgotten you." -- is also the one thing that definitely never happened to her until the Nu52. :v:

Speaking of which, that last page actually drew a bark of laughter from me in a...like, anticipatory, "aw poo poo here we go, it's happening" sort of way. The Azzaretcon is so close I can literally taste it and it tastes gooood

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

What's the story with Doctor Fate? Is it continuing?

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Star Blossom needs an ongoing or at least a regular role in WW.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

irlZaphod posted:

What's the story with Doctor Fate? Is it continuing?

#18 will be the last issue.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Am I just a huge mark for Damian, or was Teen Titans not bad?

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

He wasn't bad in Deathstroke, either!
(Plus, I loved the callback to Damian paying Deathstroke to leave him alone in Robin, Son of Batman. Money as a superpower, indeed.)

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Open Marriage Night posted:

It was quite good!

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I'm loving this series so far. Honestly, I wish it was biweekly so I could get more issues faster.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Any impressions on Batman Beyond? Are they done with the lovely Brother Eye stuff?

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand

Yeah it depicted Damian's mindset as surprisingly...what's the word? Commendatory? Sympathetic? And really, I have to approve of anything that takes potshots at how much of a tragic mess the past couple iterations of the Teen Titans have been. :v: Another point for you, Rebirth.

Titans has been enjoyable, as well, if fairly simplistic and shallow. And...sigh...the art.

frameset
Apr 13, 2008

Detective No. 27 posted:

Any impressions on Batman Beyond? Are they done with the lovely Brother Eye stuff?

It's mentioned but it's not a big deal, it's back to basics, Terry McGinnis trying to save Dana from Jokerz.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Is The Flash's art as bad as I think it is? Or is this just a stylistic choice that's fine? I feel like the speed force storm caused all of Central City population to melt and no one noticed.

Emo Szyslak
Feb 25, 2006

Actual Lobo is back (also, he and Black Canary are in the JLA) http://comicsalliance.com/lobo-black-canary-batman-justice-league-of-america-roster/

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

hup posted:

Actual Lobo is back (also, he and Black Canary are in the JLA) http://comicsalliance.com/lobo-black-canary-batman-justice-league-of-america-roster/

good

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?
Glad to see Lobo back. Not the first time he's been in the Justice League. Maybe this time'll go better.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Garth Ennis' Dastardly & Muttley

PenguinKnight
Apr 6, 2009

Teenage Fansub posted:

Garth Ennis' Dastardly & Muttley

Sinestro/Dastardly and Muttley team up book, please DC

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.
Do you think two Lobos is the reason we have three Jokers now?

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Los lobos kick your rear end, Los lobos kick your face, Los lobos kick your balls into out er Spaaaaaace

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I won't be satisfied until we have a pack of Lobos.

Actually, real Lobo on Justice League is crazy enough to get me to resubscribe to JLA.

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

All that's missing is the ring.
I have no love for Lobo and that team looks real boring, honestly.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

I want to know what DC has in store for Lobo for other media, now that he's in the CW approved JLA.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

He'll be in Justice League Action at least.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I want to know what DC has in store for Lobo for other media, now that he's in the CW approved JLA.

It still has Batman.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Lobo sucks.

Alucard Nacirema
Apr 22, 2008

by exmarx

hup posted:

I wish it was Superman instead of Batman but otherwise hell yes. Reminds me of the Justice League teams from the mid 90s.

Alucard Nacirema
Apr 22, 2008

by exmarx
The fact that Black Canary and The Ray are going to be working together again makes me even more pissed that they changed The Ray's backstory. Hopefully this team sticks around for DC Vs. Watchmen and leads to an ackward moment when the characters get their memories back.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
HEY GUYS HAVE I MENTIONED HOW MUCH I HATE THE GAYS LATELY.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I'm finally reading the Supergirl Rebirth series, and I have to say that I think Steve Orlando is probably one of my favorite current DC writers, so I'm really looking forward to JLA.

Alucard Nacirema posted:

The fact that Black Canary and The Ray are going to be working together again makes me even more pissed that they changed The Ray's backstory.

Nothing would come out of it anyway since Canary is with Ollie right now, but also mostly because nobody cares.

Roth fucked around with this message at 02:00 on Oct 29, 2016

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Roth posted:

Nothing would come out of it anyway since Canary is with Ollie right now, but also mostly because nobody cares.

He's trying to backdoor into a homophobic rant, again, just straight-up warning you.

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

I feel like the proper solution is we turn Black Canary into a man.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Two Tone Shoes posted:

I feel like the proper solution is we turn Black Canary into a man.

Make it a trans man, at that.

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

Roth posted:

It's win win. We get a pretty blond man in fishnets and Alucard's brain implodes from a million aneurysms simultaneously happening at once.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Truly no woman has ever encountered a situation where they dated a gay man before. This is unprecedented.

Also no comic writer has ever ignored one of the many random inexplicable romances a comic book character has over the course of their career, this is unprecidented

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Roth posted:

Unironically yes, there's like zero transman representation anywhere in media. Not necessarily Canary, just anyone. Personally I think a trans Superman would be pretty cool. Bits of the dead Superman flew all over, maybe someone else got some of his powers.