Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

standard owl posted:

please help this poor boy, his life is hard enough as it is :negative:

I wonder if The Hand could remove soy sauce without damaging the tonkatsu.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

standard owl posted:

*this might be gross but as a kid I used to eat tonkatsu with ketchup, sorry everyone

I have a relative who would put ketchup on everything when she was a kid. Rice, salad, cotton candy, ice cream. They couldn't stop her, she was too powerful.

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

I wonder if The Hand could manifest its void in front of its fingers instead of in the palm.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Devil Ed posted:

I don't know what this is from, but there is this image of all the Jojos and all the villains

Giorno: LOOK AT MY CHEST FATHER

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

RareAcumen posted:

I wonder if The Hand could manifest its void in front of its fingers instead of in the palm.

This is an interesting thought. Okuyasu basically uses The Hand in the same way Joseph used hamon at first. Joseph was trained and learned about the effectiveness of channeling hamon through only his fingertips... I wonder if Okuyasu could utilize the same kind of principle?

Frionnel
May 7, 2010

Friends are what make testing worth it.

Funky Valentine posted:

Giorno: LOOK AT MY CHEST FATHER

DIO: :getin:

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Devil Ed posted:

I don't know what this is from, but there is this image of all the Jojos and all the villains

The answer was More David Bowie, what a shocker

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

This is an interesting thought. Okuyasu basically uses The Hand in the same way Joseph used hamon at first. Joseph was trained and learned about the effectiveness of channeling hamon through only his fingertips... I wonder if Okuyasu could utilize the same kind of principle?

Ever since I finished reading Stone Ocean, I've been trying to think of powers more flexibly like Araki does with his characters. It doesn't go that well but I try.

Anyway, question. Did Dio curse the Zeppelis and Joestars or has that just been a random issue that came up one day? I've totally forgotten.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

Crazy Diamond could definitely "fix" the tonkatsu

JDRockefeller
Apr 26, 2010

New Doppio looks adorable, and he even has the little statuette. Pucci matches the new style well too.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Devil Ed posted:

Wait a second does this picture wrap around both ways?

Huh, that's actually pretty rad!

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
In the latest jojolion, was the frog thing just a neat transition or did Jobin put the frog on like gloves using his stand so that he wouldn't get his fingers greasy

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
It's jojo so I legitimately have to ask if a character picked up a frog and wore it on their hand like a glove.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

God new joseph and new jonathan look so loving weird

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I got a new boy

:| za dasto

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf

Josuke Higashikata posted:

I got a new boy

:| za dasto

Jesus, I had to look for like thirty seconds before I saw Crazy Diamond against all that pink.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

~stealthy spaghetti fixing~

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Lots of Anime Original scene setting before the OP today.

e: They're mixing in parts of Enigma and it looks like they're putting Cheap Trick to happen on this day too.

It only gets to the bit where Mikitaka gets hurt really in Superfly, but it also does the original fridge part of Enigma and Cheap Trick ringing Rohan's doorbell, as well as showing Koichi is captured and Kira's urges taking over, so they're probably doing my dad is not my dad in this pack of episodes too.

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 16:58 on Oct 28, 2016

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
So this is the last arc before bites za dusto? hell yes

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

It is now, yeah.

Drink Top
Jul 21, 2012
Kars is beautiful.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

What'd they do with this week's episode?

Edit: Oh I didn't realize it was edited in earlier oops

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Hachi machi that sounds insane. Did it feel like, disjointed or unfocused at all?

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Wait a minute Cheap Trick happens on this day too now? How's that gonna work, since Koichi was part of that?

Mr. Funktastic
Dec 27, 2012

College Slice

ChaosArgate posted:

Wait a minute Cheap Trick happens on this day too now? How's that gonna work, since Koichi was part of that?

Koichi had a really busy day

I feel like my dad is not my dad should have been rolled into another one bites the dust, so I'm interested in seeing how this all flows if they're really packing it in with 3 other arcs

Mr. Funktastic fucked around with this message at 17:35 on Oct 28, 2016

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

It flows pretty good, really.

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Invisible werewolf (entirely visible, not actually a wolf)

Drink Top posted:

Kars is beautiful.

Your taste is impeccable

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

ChaosArgate posted:

Koichi's Day Off

VideoWitch
Oct 9, 2012

If I'm not mistaken the Cheap Trick stuff seems to be happening like two hours after Superfly, which would mean they could do the Enigma fight before Koichi comes into play. I really like how the episodes are playing out, it feels a lot more tense then in the manga.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Moltrey posted:

Hachi machi that sounds insane. Did it feel like, disjointed or unfocused at all?

no it's great. it pretty much frames the arc as a three-pronged counter-attack on the jojo crew

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Condiv posted:

no it's great. it pretty much frames the arc as a three-pronged counter-attack on the jojo crew

Josuke Higashikata posted:

It flows pretty good, really.
oh gently caress yeah

i just got my internet working again after being without for three weeks so you know I'm boutta feast on these past eps

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

It's bringing in me dads not me dad too, so it's 4 arcs into one juicy lead in to BITES ZA DASTO.

gently caress we're so close

Frionnel
May 7, 2010

Friends are what make testing worth it.
I remember a few weeks ago some people where saying that if David ever had to cut something out of the anime, they should cut Superfly.

Those people have awful opinions, Superfly is the best.

Llab
Dec 28, 2011

PEPSI FOR VG BABE
Superfly is weird as hell, but I saw nothing wrong with it, especially cause it has Mikitaka in it. I really like what David's doing here. I'm so excited for everything

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i have a feeling that the pacing for all three encounters is going to be handled better in the anime than the manga, so i'm looking forward to that

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Devil Ed posted:

Um, excuse me. Where is Diavolo?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Green Intern posted:

Um, excuse me. Where is Diavolo?

Purururururururururu~

Hold on, that's him.

Yeah?

He said he's at a meeting right now.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

But how will they make time for detailed narration about calluses?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

David finds a way...

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I was so close to posting spoilers in the other thread before realizing it wasn't the manga one lol

I think the problem with these three stand users is that their stands are way too loving cool, and much like SDC the stand comes first and meeting/defeating the user is secondary, to the point where two of these stands literally torment the user who becomes a victim more than anything, heck the dude Rohan deal with leaves the story fairly quickly. There's nothing inherently wrong with that, but it does make them less interesting than the like of Tonio or the Surface kid. Honestly, this makes me appreciate David's take even more because these three feel closer to Stardust Crusaders "villain of the week" dudes since attacking together so tightly makes them feel organized like DIO's goons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
They remind me of stand users from later parts like Mrs Robinson.