Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

I haven't watched any of the episodes. How's this season so far?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

enraged_camel posted:

Delightfully stupid

gninjagnome
Apr 17, 2003

I like that the translation pill translated all the Japanese but decided to leave gaijan intact. Clearly this is a word with no equivalent in English.

ookiimarukochan
Apr 4, 2011

Particularly impressed that this is the word they chose to go with given that the actual word is "gaijin".

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Wheat Loaf posted:

She has a legit martial arts background, right? Wikipedia sez she does taekwondo and Muay Thai.

I would like very much to crosstrain with Caity Lotz even though my shins would probably fall over afterwards.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

enraged_camel posted:

They have embraced the fact that it's a stupid show and all the characters aside from Sara are terrible.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Guy Goodbody posted:

They have embraced the fact that it's a stupid show and all the characters aside from Sara and Mick are terrible.

Fixed that for you. All Mick wants to do is roast history's greatest boogeymen.

Stunt Rock
Jul 28, 2002

DEATH WISH AT 120 DECIBELS
Show is still really stupid but they fixed it by making it really entertaining as well.

shades of eternity
Nov 9, 2013

Where kitties raise dragons in the world's largest mall.
DC's Legends to Tomorrow- Looking for ninjas in all the wrong places. :d:p.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Sara remains the best character. "I'm basically a ninja" :allears:

Ray getting pissed at Nate was a good scene, Routh really has great talent

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
It's just a shame they don't have Tyler Hoechlin for the crossover, because the inevitable scene he'd have with Palmer would be the best thing ever.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
I love that they had to destroy the ATOM suit for plot reasons, which will conveniently reduce the budget AND make it easier to explain why Ray doesn't just Iron Man his way through whatever issue they run into in the future.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."

Medullah posted:

I love that they had to destroy the ATOM suit for plot reasons, which will conveniently reduce the budget AND make it easier to explain why Ray doesn't just Iron Man his way through whatever issue they run into in the future.

And stop nearly all the plots of each episode being "oh poo poo, the bad guys have Ray's suit and want to use it/wear it/mass-manufacture it and we have to stop them!"

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

ApeHawk posted:

And stop nearly all the plots of each episode being "oh poo poo, the bad guys have Ray's suit and want to use it/wear it/mass-manufacture it and we have to stop them!"

Next week we'll find out that every time Martin and Jax form Firestorm, it takes 1 year off Jax's life so that's why they can't do it.

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Built for comfort and speed!
Fallen Rib
Poor Ray. Routh really knocked it out of the park this episode.
Me and my partner were cringing watching Steele and Masako (?) But the rest of the ep was fab

R-Type
Oct 10, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Medullah posted:

The Aluminum Man suit was about as effective as the prop it's made out of to be fair.

Oben
Aug 7, 2004

Oh, the lights changed
Haemophiliacs don't bleed to death from shaving and paper cuts you dumb loving show. :argh:

Also, you could have just given him factor instead of some nazi super serum.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

enraged_camel posted:

It's dumb as hell but in a Buckaroo Banzai we all know this is goofy poo poo so well just have fun with it kind of way

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Showdown in the Galaxy Era.

Medullah posted:

Next week we'll find out that every time Martin and Jax form Firestorm, it takes 1 year off Jax's life so that's why they can't do it.

Both Firestorm and Atom are OP as gently caress, to be honest. The show's had to make them willfully stupid or artificially weak to maintain any kind of stakes.

Especially Firestorm. He's a human-shaped nuclear inferno who apparently exists in some quantum physical superstate, and may or may not have Dr. Manhattan-esque abilities to transform atoms or harness nuclear energy to horrifying effect. Somehow guns or bows and arrows can hurt him, though.

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Built for comfort and speed!
Fallen Rib
They've pretty much tied jax to the wave rider now, which helps

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

This episode really kind of bit off more than the budget could chew.

"We're right by Kyoto, but we aren't going to show it."

"Also, here is the Shogun's army of 20 guys."

EricFate
Aug 31, 2001

Crumpets. Glorious Crumpets.
That one was actually pretty solid. I hope they let Kevin Tancharoen direct a few more.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Senerio posted:

Fixed that for you. All Mick wants to do is roast history's greatest boogeymen.

Legends of Tomorrow -- "I LOVE burning Nazis!"

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

I just love that blowing up the suit is the only thing they could think of... as opposed to a late night heist while the shogun is asleep.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I like how Brandon Routh is 7 feet tall and somehow that same suit fit a Japanese guy.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

spooky like this! posted:

I like how Brandon Routh is 7 feet tall and somehow that same suit fit a Japanese guy.

And Heatwave fit into one of those ninja outfits

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Mick is the best part of anything, he's so delightful. Also digging the new Vixen, she has a better screen presence than the other actress.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I'm kind of disappointed that they're just going back to him only using the heat gun and kind of ignoring the Kronos stuff.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

I'm kind of disappointed that they're just going back to him only using the heat gun and kind of ignoring the Kronos stuff.

:j: Why didn't you just use your millennia of training under the Time Masters?!
:haw: Sorry, forgot all of it. Short attention span.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Bruceski posted:

Legends of Tomorrow -- "I LOVE burning Ninjas!"

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Well some ninjas got the jump on him and the next time he shows up he's wearing their clothes. So those guys probably got a surprise rear end kicking.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Plus, Mick was able to just hop in the captain's chair and pilot the Waverider without issue. The only other (non-Rip) person who's been able to do that so far is Sara. So there's probably some residual Kronos in there somewhere.

Mick just went back to the heat gun because, well, he loves roasting people :haw:

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
Mick has two modes: 1) One-liners disparaging teammates. 2) One-liners about burning things.

He's the most consistently well-written character on the show.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

enraged_camel posted:

This season owns.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Wheat Loaf posted:

She has a legit martial arts background, right? Wikipedia sez she does taekwondo and Muay Thai.

She's done a break dancing, she did/does tricking/wushu, and she's done parkour too. She's as legit of a Jefe as any of the stunt guys.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5IPPnPVRIU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZqGE8HrToIA

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Vixen: You really believe there is a secret order of men trained in the art of assassination?
Sarah: :smug:

Mick was so happy to meet ninjas. Though what happened to the future gun that the Shogun's henchmen had?

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum

Hughlander posted:

I just love that blowing up the suit is the only thing they could think of... as opposed to a late night heist while the shogun is asleep.

A heist without Snart?

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

OB_Juan posted:

A heist without Snart?

It's ok, they have Mick. His plan: burn down the castle and find the armor in the ashes the next day.

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill
I'm loving that "Legends of Tomorrow" has become "Time Travelling Fuckups". :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived

Martha Stewart Undying posted:

I'm loving that "Legends of Tomorrow" has become "Time Travelling Fuckups". :allears:

episodes like these where the adventures happen because they are dumbshits and not because they get sucked into the plot of Savage - a man that firestorm and atomsuit can easily incapacitate - are a much much much better way of doing this show tbh

• Locked thread