Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot

GalacticAcid posted:

Lol there was some poo poo on NPR, please don't derail today about people talking to their therapists about the election. Seems like it's been a pretty widespread thing.

i started talking to my therapist about this election, but it not the reason why i started to see one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
So what do you think the media cycle will be tomorrow?

HannibalBarca
Sep 11, 2016

History shows, again and again, how nature points out the folly of man.
https://twitter.com/TheRickWilson/status/792212396202876928

Friendly reminder that Rick Wilson is a professional bullshit artist, doesn't know anything about the mythical Trump oppo bombs (whether or not they exist), and is just hedging so that he can seem smart if they do exist. And that's without getting into the possibility that this whole thing is his cover for complaining about the EVIL LIBERAL MEDIA who refused to properly attack Trump during the primaries so that we could have President Rubio, the way God Scalia intended.

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

When you fall, get right back up again.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Some as yet unforseen madness followed by the FEC announcing the election is delayed until this time next year.

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Cubs blowing it.

A Tasteful Nude
Jun 3, 2013

A cool anime hagrid pic (imagine nude pls)
My local news is going all in on this "new" e-mail thing. It's a "double-barreled, devastating october surprise" delivered via letter to "stunned members of congress."

"earlier today... President Obama.... HAD NO COMMENT *obama walks away as man screams IS SHE FIT TO SERVE*"

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

A Tasteful Nude posted:

My local news is going all in on this "new" e-mail thing. It's a "double-barreled, devastating october surprise" delivered via letter to "stunned members of congress."

"earlier today... President Obama.... HAD NO COMMENT *obama walks away as man screams IS SHE FIT TO SERVE*"

How are internet speeds in Moscow?

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Cute babies in Halloween costumes and how to make an autumn pie your teen will love, hopefully.

Kilroy
Oct 1, 2000

Admiral Ray posted:

COMEY: Hey, Congress, I might have some poo poo here but I dunno.

CONGRESS: Oh? Do tell.

COMEY: No, no, I'm just saying that I might have something to say about that thing I talked about during the summer! Just a heads up. I might say more later.

CONGRESS: You're a jackass.
JASON CHAFFETZ: (furiously tweeting) WITCH HUNT'S BACK ON FELLAS ROUND UP

A Tasteful Nude
Jun 3, 2013

skylined! posted:

How are internet speeds in Moscow?

Yeah. I know.

I guess I'm overly anxious because this is not Moscow but Battleground PA territory, and the top stories are literally: 1) "DEVASTATING OCTOBER EMAIL BOMBSHELL;" 2) (not kidding) are Temple U students safe when a FLASH MOB OF BLACK CHILDREN maybe hit a guy last weekend?!, and; 3) REAL... VOTER... FRRAAAUUDD?!

A Tasteful Nude fucked around with this message at 05:08 on Oct 29, 2016

Dr.Zeppelin
Dec 5, 2003

Necc0 posted:

To be fair they threw a shitload of stuff at him but this is this 'lol nothing matters' election so none of it mattered

i have no idea if he's bluffing but rick wilson has been teasing some sort of nuclear bomb of trump oppo for the last several weeks, the most recent mention of it being tonight:

https://twitter.com/TheRickWilson/status/792210310572732416

https://twitter.com/TheRickWilson/status/792212396202876928

https://twitter.com/TheRickWilson/status/792213455151431680

https://twitter.com/TheRickWilson/status/792214854736240640

back during the primaries he made a couple of references to something he called "The Thing" which he said he would have shared if he had (see below). this came out right before the national enquirer story about the cruz affairs. many people thought that story was The Thing but wilson is a hardcore conservative and definitely would not have leaked oppo on someone who had a fighting chance to stop trump

https://twitter.com/TheRickWilson/status/708416054599544832?lang=en

https://twitter.com/TheRickWilson/status/708420523777269760?lang=en

very curious to know what The Thing was/is and if the thing he keeps teasing is it, or if the clinton camp has something else, or it's all just rick wilson wishcasting us into the mcmullinverse

e: i'm also extremely curious to know who this is supposed to target if the women stuff was targeting female early voters - what meaningful population segment would be affected by whatever this thing is that disproportionately votes late?

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

A Tasteful Nude posted:

Yeah. I know.

I guess I'm overly anxious because this is Battleground PA territory, and the top stories are literally: 1) "DEVASTATING OCTOBER EMAIL BOMBSHELL;" 2) (not kidding) are Temple U students safe when a FLASH MOB OF BLACK CHILDREN maybe hit a guy last weekend?!, and; 3) REAL... VOTER... FRRAAAUUDD?!

Lol PA isn't a battleground unless you're talking about some congressional district.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Interesting use of the word literal, mr Biden

Moatman
Mar 21, 2014

Because the goof is all mine.

GalacticAcid posted:

Lol there was some poo poo on NPR, please don't derail today about people talking to their therapists about the election. Seems like it's been a pretty widespread thing.

I've definitely talked to my therapist about the race. it's mostly "Trump would suck"
"Yeah."
"Yeah."

BaDandy
Apr 3, 2013

"This taste...

is the taste of a liar!"

GalacticAcid posted:

There's an article about it too, apparently. Although it's actually about therapists becoming concerned about Trump's Terribleness effecting everyone's mental health.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Dr.Zeppelin posted:

e: i'm also extremely curious to know who this is supposed to target if the women stuff was targeting female early voters - what meaningful population segment would be affected by whatever this thing is that disproportionately votes late?
Poor conservatives I believe?

lozzle
Oct 22, 2012

by zen death robot

Dr.Zeppelin posted:

i have no idea if he's bluffing but rick wilson has been teasing some sort of nuclear bomb of trump oppo for the last several weeks, the most recent mention of it being tonight:

Spoilers: Rick Wilson doesn't know poo poo.

tumblr hype man
Jul 29, 2008

nice meltdown
Slippery Tilde

Combed Thunderclap posted:

Cute babies in Halloween costumes and how to make an autumn pie your teen will love, hopefully.

Coming up next on The Today Show, Anthony Weiner stops by to show us how to make a creampie your teen will love!

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

GalacticAcid posted:

:siren: Oh poo poo, huge find in the latest email trove :siren:

The real scandal is I'm not included. I've been shilling for Hilldawg since last November. How could you Huma :negative:

HannibalBarca
Sep 11, 2016

History shows, again and again, how nature points out the folly of man.

Dr.Zeppelin posted:

i have no idea if he's bluffing but rick wilson has been teasing some sort of nuclear bomb of trump oppo for the last several weeks, the most recent mention of it being tonight

Rick Wilson is a political consultant. That means he makes his living as a bullshit artist.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

BaDandy posted:

There's an article about it too, apparently. Although it's actually about therapists becoming concerned about Trump's Terribleness effecting everyone's mental health.

It's especially hard on Latino kids.

A Tasteful Nude
Jun 3, 2013

greatn posted:

Interesting use of the word literal, mr Biden

This is 100% NOT that robust and handsome VP Papa Joe (he likes when you call him Papa Joe, I've heard), reminding you that the acceptable applications of the word "literally" have evolved in recent decades to allow for rhetorical, if not strictly "literal" usage.

This is not Joe Biden, though.

HisMajestyBOB
Oct 21, 2010

College Slice
It's Hillary sending emails of Weiner's weiner to Trump.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

dont even fink about it posted:

Comey might not be done, but his goose is cooked on this one.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/29/u...v=top-news&_r=0

So it's more or less a botched hit job by a loving idiot.

You know you're hosed when even Judicial Watch is saying you hosed up big time. Good lord.

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

smoke sumthin bitch posted:

even before this renewed email stuff trumps chances of victory are around 90%. this thing just seals the deal

Come join us in the PredictIt thread

The Insect Court
Nov 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

On Terra Firma posted:

What a loving hack.

I don't know what's funnier: Watching GOP who called Comey a traitorous Clinton lackey when he declined to recommend charges now insisting he's a true American patriot, or watching Clintonites who praised him as a model of nonpartisan ethical integrity deciding that he's really an undercover Republican mole.

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

C.H.O.M.E posted:

Actually Mitt Romney is YOSPOS

checks out

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

https://twitter.com/TheRickWilson/status/792218173651030016
And that's a good point too, Clinton's ground game is /immense/. Trumps is non-existent, still.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

foobardog posted:

The most unrealistic thing is NH going Trump. Definitely only a nightmare scenario, though.

Right up there, though, are NV and NC. Nevada is probably going to see Clark County run up enough of an early voting lead that it will be called upon polls closing and NC is banking a similarly massive early vote lead that it should get called early too. Maybe not on exits and earlies alone, but as soon as those county results start coming in. A lot of people are Pissed With a Capital P at McCrory and the GOP for all their poo poo and are highly motivated to throw them out.

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

i support this government and/or service
Hello America, as a foreigner currently living in your land of hope and freedom, I am looking forward to only 40% of your voting population voting for a literal fascist fuckboy misogynist racist reality TV star.

You loving fucks. You loving idiots.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

The Insect Court posted:

I don't know what's funnier: Watching GOP who called Comey a traitorous Clinton lackey when he declined to recommend charges now insisting he's a true American patriot, or watching Clintonites who praised him as a model of nonpartisan ethical integrity deciding that he's really an undercover Republican mole.

your dumb

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Au Revoir Shosanna posted:

Hello America, as a foreigner currently living in your land of hope and freedom, I am looking forward to only 40% of your voting population voting for a literal fascist fuckboy misogynist racist reality TV star.

I don't think you understand. Hillary Clinton emails. Emails. Hillary Clinton. Emails.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Instead of what, 60% of Aussies?

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

i support this government and/or service

computer parts posted:

Instead of what, 60% of Aussies?

Australia is poo poo, it is true.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Part of the problem is this: http://www.vox.com/2015/7/6/8900143/hillary-clinton-reporting-rules

freckle
Apr 6, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

What country of not loving morons do you hail from?

:laffo:

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

She was a sword glinting in the depths of night, a lance of light piercing the darkness. There would be no mistakes this time.

BaDandy posted:

Slate had another article about it: http://www.slate.com/articles/double_x/doublex/2016/09/trump_induced_anxiety_is_a_real_thing.html

Incidentally, I spent a lot of my therapy appointment today talking about the election. :v:

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

In an ideal world, we'd see retractions.

Dr.Zeppelin
Dec 5, 2003

lozzle posted:

Spoilers: Rick Wilson doesn't know poo poo.

the us constitution is hanging by a thread

evan mcmullin has opened the seventh seal and is prepared to deliver the contents of an austere folio to the public

soon they will learn the truth

Operation White Horse has been initiated

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Isn't it great? This is what the best nation in the world is like. This is why we're great. Hopefully you bring some of our enlightened electoral practices back to your nation so you and yours, too, can be great.

• Locked thread