Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

precision posted:

Got the Skyrim Remaster. Can't wait to get off work and spend all night trying to make a character that isn't ugly :newlol:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
I bought Skyrim for 5 bucks on Steam and still haven't touched it

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I got all five Elder Scrolls games for $15 on some Amazon deal, and the package even came with all of the maps. It was pretty great. I still haven't beat the first one or played Dagger Fall or Morrowwind.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Bethesda makes bad games.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

I said come in! posted:

Bethesda makes bad games.

Please don't talk poo poo about, uhhh, uhhh *scans the list of games made by bethesda frantically for one that's not crappy* Wayne Gretzky Hockey for the Atari ST

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Good news everyone! I got some extra birthday windfall so I picked up XCOM 2 on PS4!

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Bethesda games are very fun

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Fallout 3 and Skyrim are the only two I really care for, but I like them quite a bit.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
Bethesda games are poo poo.... As in THE poo poo

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

there's a guy interviewing with my company in a week or two and I googled his name and his facebook page is covered in metal gear solid stuff

what is an interview question I could ask him that sounds like a normal question but will make him know that I know his not-so-hidden shame

e: i'm one of three interviewers so I have to not look like a weirdo

mbt fucked around with this message at 03:16 on Oct 29, 2016

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

i watched the red dead 2 trailer and it made me think of this song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EP71y2xtvt4

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

there's a guy interviewing with my company in a week or two and I googled his name and his facebook page is covered in metal gear solid stuff

what is an interview question I could ask him that sounds like a normal question but will make him know that I know his not-so-hidden shame

Either "do you think love can bloom on a battlefield" or just repeat things back to him in the form of a question.

Ex: "Well previously I worked with Marks and Dunning."

"...Marks and Dunning?"

"Yeah, they make furniture."

"...furniture, huh?"

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Hello everybody, how is everyone doing today?

The weekend is here finally, anyone got anything exciting planned?

Also, I liked the additional story elements in FF4DS where you could read what was going on in each party member's mind at any point in the game

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

"Who are the patriots?"

more like dICK
Feb 15, 2010

This is inevitable.

Just say "you're pretty good" after he does well on a normal question.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

more like dICK posted:

Yup, this one.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
ask him if he thinks the patriots will win the superbowl

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!
Give him a math problem using the various codec frequencies. Make the answer Meryl's.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Don't ask him any questions, but have an upside down cardboard box off to the side and at some point look over at it really quickly and then go "did anyone hear that?"

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

FirstAidKite posted:

Hello everybody, how is everyone doing today?

11 hour work day and I have to be back in the office in 9 hours, but gently caress a bunch of sleep, I'm playing DQ7 while watching the new Louis Theroux Scientology movie and in the other room I can hear my wife playing Skyrim, when she gets bored of that we'll probably play some Mario Kart

it's our 1 year wedding anniversary Sunday :)

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

To where no dog has gone before.
After he gives a serious answer to a question just stare at him intensely and say 'la li lu le lo?' under your breath.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Say your clothing uses a faux dye.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Snooze Cruise posted:

Say your clothing uses a faux dye.

🤔

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
I may not know how to pronounce faux.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

more like dICK posted:

Be sure to do this hand gesture too :ocelot:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Suck him off and then ask him if he likes Metal Gear Solid

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

In Training posted:

Suck him off and then ask him if he likes Metal Gear Solid

This is a great way to meet new people btw!

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I would advise asking if he likes MGS before the sucking off, just so you know beforehand if he has good taste in videogames and is therefore worthy of being blown by you

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Introduce his middle manager as boss, and the top level one as big boss.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
don't hire him

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

I would argue the opposite, he's a fan of MGS so he's used to sitting through hours of boring poo poo to get to the payoff he wants. He's the perfect candidate for a job!

edit: Genetically engineered to be the perfect worker... he got all the dominant genes, while his brother on welfare got all the recessive ones!

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Feel free to tell me if you want into my XCOM 2 army or whatever.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I would personally never hire someone with less than 20,000 gamerscore, but I guess I'm old-fashioned

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Phantasium posted:

Introduce his middle manager as boss, and the top level one as big boss.

Yeah but who doesn't do that normally anyway?

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

precision posted:

11 hour work day and I have to be back in the office in 9 hours, but gently caress a bunch of sleep, I'm playing DQ7 while watching the new Louis Theroux Scientology movie and in the other room I can hear my wife playing Skyrim, when she gets bored of that we'll probably play some Mario Kart

it's our 1 year wedding anniversary Sunday :)

Good luck with your work, don't overdo the gaming, rest is important too!

Good luck with your 1 year anniversary! I hope it has been a good year for you!

Lizard Wizard posted:

Feel free to tell me if you want into my XCOM 2 army or whatever.

Yeah sure why not

How does xcom 2 work in regards to army members, are they class based or what?

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

FirstAidKite posted:

Yeah sure why not

How does xcom 2 work in regards to army members, are they class based or what?

Don't ask me!!!

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Every soldier in XCOM starts out as a 'rookie', meaning they have no class and no skills. When they level up for the first time they are randomly assigned a class which determines the skills they will unlock and their primary weapon, but you can train rookies on your ship to be whatever class you want via one of the modules you can build.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

*slams fist on desk*

Why the gently caress doesn't the PS4 version of XCOM 2 let me use the touchpad like a mouse?

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

All right, how exactly do I put custom guys in my thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Two ways: From the main menu, go to the option that lets you create soldiers, and then just make some. The game will automatically add them to the random pool and they'll show up in the game sometime maybe possibly. You can also customize stuff like whether they'll show up as a rookie or if they will only appear in shops/random events as already-trained soldiers of your preferred class. Alternatively, take one of your starting rookies and just turn them into who/whatever you want.

• Locked thread