Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I'm unironically for it too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...
Here, here! Let's petition them to cancel Superwoman and replace it with 'Tony Tesdale-or-Insert-name-here: Superman (Featuring 'The Ray' backup story)'

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

SomeJazzyRat posted:

Here, here! Let's petition them to cancel Superwoman and replace it with 'Tony Tesdale-or-Insert-name-here: Superman (Featuring 'The Ray' backup story)'

Yeah! And you know what, forget the Ray, and the trans Superman.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Rhyno posted:

Lobo sucks.

A good opinion. Lobo will keep me from even giving that book a one issue chance.

head58
Apr 1, 2013

Two Tone Shoes posted:

I feel like the proper solution is we turn Black Canary into a man.

Alucard Nacirema
Apr 22, 2008

by exmarx

greatn posted:

Unironically yes, there's like zero transman representation anywhere in media. Not necessarily Canary, just anyone. Personally I think a trans Superman would be pretty cool. Bits of the dead Superman flew all over, maybe someone else got some of his powers.

Isn't Shining Knight trans?

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I don't know, never heard of him.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Alucard Nacirema posted:

Isn't Shining Knight trans?

He is, but knowing you, I can't tell if you mean it as "uh this one d-lister is a trans man, your argument is invalid"

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Is he a seven soldier?

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

greatn posted:

Is he a seven soldier?

Yep

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Awesome. If I ever see a character name I don't recognize I should always assume it's either a seven soldier or a doom patrol.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

The original Shining Knight was a cis-male.

The second Shining Knight in Seven Soldiers was a cis-female posing as a boy to become a knight. She stops posing at the end of the series.

The third, New 52 Shining Knight is probably best described as nonbinary, genderfluid, or bi-gender from text in the comics, though Paul Cornell says he's trans-male.

Also for obscure trans-male comic characters there is Koi Boi.

Endless Mike fucked around with this message at 04:48 on Oct 29, 2016

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Endless Mike posted:

Also for obscure trans-male comic characters there is Koi Boi.

Hey, I didn't know that, neato.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Here's your weekend reading homework.
https://www.comixology.com/Seven-Soldiers-of-Victory/comics-series/3762?ref=c2VhcmNoL2luZGV4L2Rlc2t0b3Avc2xpZGVyTGlzdC9zZXJpZXNTbGlkZXI

\/ Unbeatable Squirrel Girl \/

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 06:10 on Oct 29, 2016

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Ok, without looking that up I'm going to guess Koi Boi is LoSH

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

WickedHate posted:

Hey, I didn't know that, neato.
It's never been directly stated in the comic, but he was seen wearing a binder while changing into his costume, and Erica Henderson confirmed it on Twitter.

greatn posted:

Ok, without looking that up I'm going to guess Koi Boi is LoSH
You're so far off you're not even looking in the right publisher.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

That could be a moment in the Marv/DC crossover. Koi Boi finds great kinship among the boys, girls, lads and lasses on the Legion.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

X-O posted:

A good opinion. Lobo will keep me from even giving that book a one issue chance.

sleeping on steve orlando is a mistake my man

Alucard Nacirema
Apr 22, 2008

by exmarx

WickedHate posted:

He is, but knowing you, I can't tell if you mean it as "uh this one d-lister is a trans man, your argument is invalid"

Someone asked about trans male characters and he came to mind There was no hidden meaning. Jesus Christ.

Blockhouse posted:

sleeping on steve orlando is a mistake my man

Night of the monster men and his supergirl book are kind of boring

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Alucard Nacirema posted:

Someone asked about trans male characters and he came to mind There was no hidden meaning. Jesus Christ.

Hey man, I know as well as anyone the reputation you get tends to be your own fault.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
I just read Cave Carson has a Cybernetic Eye #1. This comic is really, really good. If you love obscure DC stuff, beautiful art, or an interesting story this is the book. Metal Men and Wild Dog make appearances!

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Still waiting on that Metal Men mini that got announced last year.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

That happened, bud!
It was part of the Legends of Tomorrow anthology series.

e: Here's the trade listed for December.
https://www.amazon.com/Metal-Men-Full-Jacket/dp/1401265170/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1477737251&sr=8-1&keywords=len+wein+metal+men

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 11:35 on Oct 29, 2016

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

Lobo getting into the JLA set off some Poison Ivy fans I guess

Nevermind that the trade for Ivy's solo miniseries just came out as well as a collection of Ivy's older stories, plus she had a role in Justice League United and Harley's series - we demand DC give us what we want, again, right NOW!

(Disclaimer: I'm all for more Ivy in all iterations, I just find it odd that her fanclub considers the JLA roster such a slight.)

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

What a weird character to be an obsessed fan of.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
She's also in the current arc of Trinity

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Aphrodite posted:

What a weird character to be an obsessed fan of.

She's an unfortunate lesbian icon. I really fuckin hate her, though, mostly because of the terrible relationship with Harley and Ivy's terrible fans.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Teenage Fansub posted:

That happened, bud!
It was part of the Legends of Tomorrow anthology series.

e: Here's the trade listed for December.
https://www.amazon.com/Metal-Men-Full-Jacket/dp/1401265170/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1477737251&sr=8-1&keywords=len+wein+metal+men

Well gently caress me

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

What are you, compared to my magnificence?
Orlando said he likes fluid rosters so who knows what the team will look like in the future. Don't give up hope, angry Ivy fan!

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters

Space Fish posted:

Lobo getting into the JLA set off some Poison Ivy fans I guess

Nevermind that the trade for Ivy's solo miniseries just came out as well as a collection of Ivy's older stories, plus she had a role in Justice League United and Harley's series - we demand DC give us what we want, again, right NOW!

(Disclaimer: I'm all for more Ivy in all iterations, I just find it odd that her fanclub considers the JLA roster such a slight.)
It's also weird that they're comparing average sales of a four issue mini-series and a thirteen issue series (though Poison Ivy's first four issues edge out Lobo's first four issues, it's much closer saleswise)

Not to mention that the Lobo series was an abortive attempt to re-invent the character that clearly didn't take.

Also, I didn't realize Lobo and Poison Ivy were an either/or proposition. This would be like someone going "SO HERCULES IS ON THE AVENGERS, BUT NEBULA ISN'T?????????"

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Look man DC doing anything with any character that isn't the one I like means they have a deep hatred for gay people, obviously.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

My own theory is that Poison Ivy isn't that interesting as a hero.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Roth posted:

My own theory is that Poison Ivy isn't that interesting as a hero.

Honestly, yeah. Poison Ivy's entire thing is that she views plants as important living beings and therefore has a completely different moral code from humans. This doesn't necessarily make her a villain but it does mean she is amoral or opposed to a humanity-first perspective. It isn't a good fit for a superhero.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Hey, sometimes one person's terrorist is another person's freedom fighter. Maybe she could be a super hero for plants.

vseslav.botkin
Feb 18, 2007
Professor
It seems obvious the smart answer here is a Lobo/Ivy team-up book.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

vseslav.botkin posted:

It seems obvious the smart answer here is a Lobo/Ivy team-up book.

The Botanist and the Bastich

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Is Poison Ivy attracted to Swamp Thing?

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
I think in old DC they had a fling.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Check Jeff Parker's Justice League United to see them working together.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

I didn't know that condors and canaries are the males and females of the same species. :v: