Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was your favorite Titan from Titanfall 1?
gundam
megatron
that russian robot from pacific rim
goku
View Results

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

This game might have the worst party/ lobby system I have ever seen in a game in my life.

Is there actually any way to keep playing with friends without ducking with menus?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.
So to those that have the 2x xp boost from the dew and doritos thing, just so you know:

:siren: It actually doubles you score in game meaning you can easily win any game with it enabled!:siren:

That's right, tf2 is a pay to win (eat/drink to win) game.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Knifegrab posted:

So to those that have the 2x xp boost from the dew and doritos thing, just so you know:

:siren: It actually doubles you score in game meaning you can easily win any game with it enabled!:siren:

Lmao

less than three
Aug 9, 2007

Fallen Rib

DoubleDonut posted:

Is anyone else getting consistent crashing? I've had three crashes in three matches, usually as soon as my titan blows up.

What's your page file set to? With 16gb ram I had to change mine from 1gb to 4gb to stop it crashing.

Gunder
May 22, 2003

Knifegrab posted:

loving seriously? I hope that this promotion isn't running in the UK.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I've been having an absolute blast with this game

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

In Training posted:

There should be a geodesic dome made out lasers at the edge of the arenas so it looks like some crazy future blood sport and also you can wall run on them indefinitely as a way to zip around the outer edges. An idea if I was making this game

Somebody at respawn read this and made the coliseum mode FYI. I should get a cut of the profits

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

In Training posted:

I've been having an absolute blast with this game
Game is good.

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

Knifegrab posted:

That would explain some of the weirdness I saw today... poo poo, this needs to be hotfixed ASAP.

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013
I've got like 100 titanbucks now, what should I use them on?

Condoleezza Nice!
Jan 4, 2010

Lite som Robin Hood
fast inte

C.M. Kruger posted:

I've got like 100 titanbucks now, what should I use them on?

The Volt SMG. It good

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer

Knifegrab posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnsiZOJjfUg

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

Not gonna lie, there aren't that many shooters that I play where I can have a crap first half of a match, and then go totally ham and win the entire second half.

I've been playing Tone as my Chassis and it just makes me wish they gave us Atlas Ogre and Strider titans with standard loadouts instead of "sorta but not really" versions.

Also, There is a disturbing lack of Spyglass in this game. I am Disappoint.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Tripwires are fun. I just started playing this game, and the first one I used got me a double kill. The big orange wire is easy to miss apparently.

Gunder
May 22, 2003

People on PC seem to have gotten a LOT better at Titanfall than they were a few months after the original game launched. I used to be able to top the tables in most matches in the first few months of Titanfall being released. Tf2, on the other hand, sees me getting pretty much insta-killed whenever I see an enemy. I barely realise that they're on the screen at all sometimes before I'm dead.

Edit: I guess this might be the people that never stopped playing the original in the intervening years?

Gunder fucked around with this message at 07:37 on Oct 29, 2016

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Knifegrab posted:

Oh for fucks sake, I've seen some games where one team is just making GBS threads on the other team and easily winning with more than double of the points, now this explains it.

Also, how do I claim my Doritos bullshit? I entered the codes on the site and unlocked stuff and linked my EA account and even got a Comms message about it in-game but I don't see anywhere in the game to actually claim it and none of it is unlocked.

nah thanks
Jun 18, 2004

Take me out.

Mordja posted:

Game is good.

Ronin is good. SMG run and gun is good. Battery mechanic is good.

Game is very good.

Russian Remoulade
Feb 22, 2009

Gunder posted:

People on PC seem to have gotten a LOT better at Titanfall than they were a few months after the original game launched. I used to be able to top the tables in most matches in the first few months of Titanfall being released. Tf2, on the other hand, sees me getting pretty much insta-killed whenever I see an enemy. I barely realise that they're on the screen at all sometimes before I'm dead.

Edit: I guess this might be the people that never stopped playing the original in the intervening years?

:same:

But I chalk it up to just getting old. If anime is to be believed only teenagers are good at piloting robits.

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things
Had some awesome games with goons on the pcgaming discord earlier. I don't think we lost a game. Really liking Northstar out of all the titans I tried.

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

Gunder posted:

Maps are bigger and you're still learning em.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

PC-wise, I'm rockin' the SMR and the Northstar Titan. The SMR feels good, in that it fires fuckin' rockets.

Northstar was recommended via some rear end in a top hat who haiku'd, and aside from not knowing how to use Traps, it's p alright. Railgun's a bit weird for me, though.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

s.i.r.e. posted:

Oh for fucks sake, I've seen some games where one team is just making GBS threads on the other team and easily winning with more than double of the points, now this explains it.

Also, how do I claim my Doritos bullshit? I entered the codes on the site and unlocked stuff and linked my EA account and even got a Comms message about it in-game but I don't see anywhere in the game to actually claim it and none of it is unlocked.

There are plenty of games where it's completely one sided without any double xp stuff

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
I'm having so much fun with Legion. It and Scorch are the fuckin kings of area denial

I tried Ronin and it wasn't doing much for me for whatever reason.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!
What determines the spawning of Spectres and Reapers in multiplayer? Should I use anti-titan weaponry against Reapers?

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things

widespread posted:

PC-wise, I'm rockin' the SMR and the Northstar Titan. The SMR feels good, in that it fires fuckin' rockets.

Northstar was recommended via some rear end in a top hat who haiku'd, and aside from not knowing how to use Traps, it's p alright. Railgun's a bit weird for me, though.

He is really good as a back line fire support. A charged shot to a titan weak point absolutely fucks up the enemy titans. I think it takes away like half the health of a Scorch.

Geight posted:

What determines the spawning of Spectres and Reapers in multiplayer? Should I use anti-titan weaponry against Reapers?

It is time based. The AI waves get stronger as the game progresses.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Yeah don't try to shoot reapers without an anti Titan weapon. Ideally kill them when you are in a Titan and they will be cannon fodder.

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but trump is president
the titans have weak points?

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Yo, I put up my Origin key for sale because I decided to get this for PS4 instead:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3795853

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
I don't know if I'll ever give up the grappling hook. Phase seems cool but on the other hand: grappling hook.

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx
shotguns are my friend, bt is my best friend

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Anyone having a hard time finding LTS, Hardpoint and CTF matches? Maybe its just being in Australia but I can never get enough people for one of these modes.

less than three
Aug 9, 2007

Fallen Rib

Raged posted:

Anyone having a hard time finding LTS, Hardpoint and CTF matches? Maybe its just being in Australia but I can never get enough people for one of these modes.

Tonight my west coast region had around 600 people in the Hardpoint queue. There was only 18 in Variety though so I just stuck with Hardpoint, didn't try others.

Magnus Condomus
Apr 23, 2010

Dear Respawn, please make a Vin Diesel Iron Giant voice pack.

This game is tops. Really dug the single player, and am just digging into multiplayer.

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

Gunder posted:

Time to kill is absurdly short in Titanfall 2 and the maps are... weird.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.

Mordja posted:

I don't know if I'll ever give up the grappling hook. Phase seems cool but on the other hand: grappling hook.

Phase is definitely the "best" ability in the game but its so hard when the others are so fun.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
Happy Hour was giving 2-5 extra marks a match and makes you level up so much faster.

The Devotion LMG is so much better than the Spitfire. Spitfire can fire for much longer but can't hit poo poo.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
do the collectible helmets in game actually get you anything, like, customization wise or should i forget about it

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

HyperPuma posted:

the titans have weak points?

Yes. If you see parts light up in red, those are the weak points.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Besides the Arena how to you earn the Advocate gifts? I thought you got one when you leveled but I haven't gotten one for the last 2 levels.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Tone is hilariously better than the other Titans and a team spamming sonar is almost unbeatable.

But I still don't really care because the other Titans are still so fun to dick around in.

Devotion is also very high on the 'incredibly satisfying to use' scale.