Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

corn in the bible posted:

endangered birds do not deserve to die

Are you an endangered bird?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

https://youtu.be/46PXaJxzuDE

Maybe this will cheer everyone up a bit.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Casimir Radon posted:

https://youtu.be/46PXaJxzuDE

Maybe this will cheer everyone up a bit.

In before youtube is seized by Mormon ranchers.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Dapper_Swindler posted:

kinda hope the beat the gently caress out of each other at this point.

Left punching posters like Dapper Swindler, always strike me as being one mugging by a minority away from having a Republican awakening.

Boner Zone
Jan 14, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo

Baloogan posted:

and cheering when a black lives matter terrorist goes on a cop killing spree during a protest

???

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016_shooting_of_Dallas_police_officers

Boner Zone
Jan 14, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
no dude I mean what the gently caress are you talking about lol

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
no one was cheering him or or expecting him not to get shot, it's the hypocrisy of bundy going scott free, in a situation where a minority or less privileged person would get curb stomped

you can't let federal land get taken without consequence, yet that's what's happened

next time, i hope they get shot

Boner Zone
Jan 14, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
also peaceful protests usually don't end with killing a protester for running a roadblock and trying to draw on law enforcement

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Boner Zone posted:

no dude I mean what the gently caress are you talking about lol

read the post i made immediately before that post

Boner Zone
Jan 14, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo

Baloogan posted:

read the post i made immediately before that post

yeah yeah so you're saying someone was cheering on that cop murderer, my point is did someone actually do that here or are you just pulling that from ur rear end?

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Boner Zone posted:

yeah yeah so you're saying someone was cheering on that cop murderer, my point is did someone actually do that here or are you just pulling that from ur rear end?

reread what I posted, you are not understanding it

plus

loads of people itt calling for the deaths of the guys who were found not guilty

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Baloogan posted:

reread what I posted, you are not understanding it

plus

loads of people itt calling for the deaths of the guys who were found not guilty

quote:

I'm not right wing or left wing, I just really hate the retoric thrown around over this peaceful protest. if they were left wing occupy hippies or black lives matter I'm sure you would be singing their praises and sucking their tiny peckers

and cheering when a black lives matter terrorist goes on a cop killing spree during a protest

only people who were harmed during this month long squat was the idiots who did it

Okay friend, I will give you the benefit of the doubt, please tell me how to read this text as anything other than "I believe that D&D would or has in the past cheered for a cop murderer"

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
first off I absolutely believe that someone on SA has at some point cheered for a cop murderer; but that isn't the point I was trying to get across.

quote:

I just really hate the retoric thrown around over this peaceful protest.

Translation: The level of rhetoric in this thread, and in many other threads discussing this protest is terrible and I hate it

Then I provided a 'mirror image' example of terrible rhetoric from the other side, to try to show y'all what you sound like.

quote:

if they were left wing occupy hippies or black lives matter I'm sure you would be singing their praises and sucking their tiny peckers and cheering when a black lives matter terrorist goes on a cop killing spree during a protest

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
oh I guess this is where I smugly say something about safe spaces?

WINNINGHARD
Oct 4, 2014

The state has a monopoly on the legitimate use of force.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
Square that with
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Baloogan posted:

Square that with
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Are you saying this was a well-regulated militia? Because it sounds like you're saying this was a well-regulated militia.

WINNINGHARD
Oct 4, 2014

The cops were right to blast the dallas shooter.

The second amendment was crafted specifically to put down rebellions. This is why washington himself dispatched the militias to out down the whiskey rebellion.

Mavric
Dec 14, 2006

I said "this is going to be the most significant televisual event since Quantum Leap." And I do not say that lightly.
Next time they do this the feds should just walk in a mace everyone. Since they were being so peaceful it should work like every other protest that gets gassed right.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

ate all the Oreos posted:

Are you saying this was a well-regulated militia? Because it sounds like you're saying this was a well-regulated militia.

wasn't super regulated, but literally no one was injured or killed by the militia, which given the amount of firearms and idiots sounds impressive to me

Mavric
Dec 14, 2006

I said "this is going to be the most significant televisual event since Quantum Leap." And I do not say that lightly.
Did not realize the 2nd was meant to allow people to take over federal facilities. Boy that was a dumb idea to draft.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
Ignoring all the good that ever came about due to civil disobedience

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Like I am sort of getting what you are saying, that if I really squint and ignore a bunch of other poo poo and the threats and guns and the fact that they were literally calling for armed revolution, "taking over a federal building in protest," by itself, is probably a valid form of civil disobedience. And if you ignore all the context you can totally condense this down into some kind of south park "maybe both sides are just as bad!" point.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
The legal system found them not guilty. Squint and try to make that out.

WINNINGHARD
Oct 4, 2014

Civil disobedience is refusing to sit at the back of a bus while black. Showing up on federal property with a gun with the intent to confiscate the premises is not civil disobedience.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Baloogan posted:

Legal system also found tons of white murderers of lynched black men not guilty in the same way, is that valid civil disobedience?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Baloogan posted:

oj simpson did nothing wrong

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
Again, bad examples because the bundy protests didn't kill or injure anyone at all

If bundy was killing people and lynching people I (and many others) wouldn't support them

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Baloogan posted:

Again, bad examples because the bundy protests didn't kill or injure anyone at all

If bundy was killing people and lynching people I (and many others) wouldn't support them

It is the same mechanism in both lynchings and this case that found them not guilty. You cannot have one without the other.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
The only reason Y’all Qaeda killed no one is because they squatted in the middle of nowhere and everyone treated them like the trigger‐happy dudes they were.

This argument is like “drunk driving should be legal as long as I don’t hit anybody”.

WINNINGHARD
Oct 4, 2014

If I came to your house and put a gun in your face and said "give me everything valuable in your home or you're dead" would you consider that a peaceful exchange?

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Baloogan posted:

They got a man killed by whipping him up into a paranoid frenzy to the point that he acquired a death wish.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

ate all the Oreos posted:

It is the same mechanism in both lynchings and this case that found them not guilty. You cannot have one without the other.

mechanism being judged by jury of peers? Maybe its done alot of good and alot of bad, saved many innocents too. And let people go by mistake, like oj.

Mavric
Dec 14, 2006

I guess death is only thing that matters. The property damage, the huge feces trench, the employees who were scared to come to work, nope, peaceful as peace comes.

WINNINGHARD
Oct 4, 2014

Is the criterion for force someone actually dying? Are you OK with threats backed by firearms if they don't result in death when the targeted party complies?

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Mavric posted:

I guess death is only thing that matters. The property damage, the huge feces trench, the employees who were scared to come to work, nope, peaceful as peace comes.

as far as I know they weren't charged for any of that, so its the proceqution's fault not the idiots'

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

Platystemon posted:

The law doesn’t care what Webster’s dictionary has to say about the word “conspiracy”.

edit;beaten. Good thing it's the governments problem and not mine.

Mavric
Dec 14, 2006

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

They got a man killed by whipping him up into a paranoid frenzy to the point that he acquired a death wish.

This really is the larger point, isn't it? Like this isn't' even the first! there was that navada couple who were at the first Bundy get to gether who killed some cops. So the Bundys themselves aren't killing anyone, but they are constantly holding events where they enforce the rhetoric and the most extreme followers comply.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Baloogan posted:

mechanism being judged by jury of peers? Maybe its done alot of good and alot of bad, saved many innocents too. And let people go by mistake, like oj.

Being judged by a jury of your peers isn't the problem, it's that juries are supposed to decide questions of fact, but due to loopholes can instead decide "eh I like this guy he should go free even though I think he did it."