Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Every drat time I start lowering the engine into the bay, the loving thing falls off the hoist. Do I need to have the car jacked up to put the engine in?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cool new Metroid game
Oct 7, 2009

hail satan

this game rocks, highlights after a few hours playing include

pressing buttons looking for a horn command and punching my van's windscreen out when I pressed H,
drinking whislt driving
punching out a copper and pissing on him
learning a load of Finnish swearwords,
getting black-out drunk on vodka at the town bar and then waking up across the lake outside my house with the van still at the town then dying of hunger
pissing into my own mouth and quenching my thirst
pissing into the sauna stove
losing control of the van and dying several times over
stealing a dude's muscle car and crashing it (dying of course)
lisetnng to lovely 90s finnish radio and watching lovely 90s finnish tv
waking to the phone ringing in the middle of a thunderstorm and dying when it exploded

one day I might even try to build the car!

cool new Metroid game fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Oct 29, 2016

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

JB50 posted:

You get 1200 for every septic job. Thats enough to fill the truck up twice I think. Plus you can do about 3 septic jobs a day if you wait for the calls to come in.

The sliding thing has got me stuck a time or two. You can use the hose and drag it under the wheels to move the truck around if you get stuck.

Filling it from like dead empty ran over 1000 I think. I mean DEAD empty, as in I ran out of diesel within sight of the gas station and had to go fill a diesel can (good thing I brought it) so I could get enough gas in the tank to make it to the pumps. You probably should not run that close to empty. But yeah, sewage jobs make great money, but I've personally decided against just using the sewage truck for everything else because I gotta save up for more riced up parts and car repairs to my baby. And I'm good enough not to crash the van :smug: (I'm sure I will now roll it and die within the hour)

Pham Nuwen posted:

Every drat time I start lowering the engine into the bay, the loving thing falls off the hoist. Do I need to have the car jacked up to put the engine in?

No, but if it bounces off something in the engine bay too much, it'll fall off. Make sure you don't have anything in the way, like you didn't put the radiator hoses on first or something -- that hosed me over the first time I tried

Harminoff posted:

Awesome update today!

I love the fast and furious updates to this 2016 GOTY. Now that player spawns at home I kind of wish I wasn't in permadeath mode. AND A RUN BUTTON

Also I bet this: Fixed issue with front wheel brake nuts not saving their state correctly -- was everyone's brake problem!

(edit):

quote:

pissing into my own mouth and quenching my thirst
holy poo poo

StarkRavingMad fucked around with this message at 01:28 on Oct 29, 2016

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
You aren't really stealing the car since he lets you borrow it. It's also a poo poo cat with controller steering.

You can make a lot of money with wood. I chopped a bunch and made over 2k. Probably the same time as the farther out sewage jobs.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Cojawfee posted:

You aren't really stealing the car since he lets you borrow it. It's also a poo poo cat with controller steering.

You can make a lot of money with wood. I chopped a bunch and made over 2k. Probably the same time as the farther out sewage jobs.

This may be true, but gently caress driving that slow rear end tractor anywhere, plus the time it takes to cut the wood.

Hamshot
Feb 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

quote:

-Increased efficiency of mosquito spray

My immersion! :negative:

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT
I'm trying to put the starter on but I can't seem to get it on in the right order. Does the oil pan have to be one first? Or the engine shield? The flywheel?

I'm so goddamn close to actually finishing this drat engine but I'm hoping the game isn't bugging out on me.

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Ringo Star Get posted:

I'm trying to put the starter on but I can't seem to get it on in the right order. Does the oil pan have to be one first? Or the engine shield? The flywheel?

I'm so goddamn close to actually finishing this drat engine but I'm hoping the game isn't bugging out on me.

Put the starter on last.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?

Ringo Star Get posted:

Save and quit to menu and go back, sorted it for me.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Ask me how I know what the abbreviation for M-F in Finnish is.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
Can you play this game drinking water or soda instead of beer?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
You can drink water out of the shower faucet. you can also buy milk at the store. Don't stay under the faucet too long, it fills up your bladder and you can die.

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

CharlesM posted:

Can you play this game drinking water or soda instead of beer?

You can get milk from the store which satisfies an equal amount of hunger and thirst, or you can drink from the bathroom tap.

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

you can also drink your own piss

hillo
Dec 19, 2012

by zen death robot

Cojawfee posted:

Full trailer is 3200mk, takes ages to do though

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Cojawfee posted:

You can drink water out of the shower faucet. you can also buy milk at the store. Don't stay under the faucet too long, it fills up your bladder and you can die.

You also can drink from the kitchen sink tap if you use the lean in key.

PopeOnARope
Jul 23, 2007

Hey! Quit touching my junk!
So uh, how does one use the jerrycans? And where did you get the flashlight.

Also, in my first ten minutes I rolled the loving van down a slope.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
This new hose detachment thing hosed me. Whenever I finish pumping sewage, I drive the truck forward to pull the hose out. It's faster than pulling it up by hand and actually works since the hose just falls back in before I can grab the next segment. I did it this time and the hose pulled off the truck and fell into the septic tank.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Cojawfee posted:

This new hose detachment thing hosed me. Whenever I finish pumping sewage, I drive the truck forward to pull the hose out. It's faster than pulling it up by hand and actually works since the hose just falls back in before I can grab the next segment. I did it this time and the hose pulled off the truck and fell into the septic tank.

Yeah it sucks. If you save and continue it'll respawn but that sucks if you're doing multiple jobs.

PopeOnARope posted:

So uh, how does one use the jerrycans? And where did you get the flashlight.

Also, in my first ten minutes I rolled the loving van down a slope.

For the jerrycans, crouch down until your hand is over the jerrycan lid and hit F to open it, then pick it up and use the mouse wheel to tip it until you see gas pouring out. If you get it close enough to a gas tank opening it should start filling. Make sure you took the gas cap off the vehicle with mouse wheel too.

Flashlight is in the garage. I think it's on the floor somewhere or maybe the workbench.

The game accurately replicated my teenage years

HookedOnChthonics
Dec 5, 2015

Profoundly dull

My first death that wasn't remotely my fault--I stopped on the road to read a sign and another car hit me, which didn't damage the van but did spill my precious, precious groceries and motor oil all over the road. Then, as I was picking them up:

That moment-of-death screenshot though :allears:

goty 2017 and I haven't even started putting the car together yet

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
Oh geez. If you've been waiting a long time for your car to get out of the shop and haven't gotten a call, just go check to see if it's ready. I've been waiting like a week and a half for my car and finally just drove over there and it was done, but I never got a call. I believe if the list of stuff you can buy is back on the counter than your car is finished. My car definitely has what I took it to the shop for (working brakes, and tire alignment).

This may be a function of the last patch that changed repair times -- I sent it in for repair before the patch.

Need to have a little body work fixed still, and I think the tuning is still a little off somewhere, but it actually runs and doesn't overheat and it has brakes! And I installed my ghetto spoiler and back window grill and subwoofers to make it a true dirtbag-mobile.

StarkRavingMad fucked around with this message at 08:40 on Oct 29, 2016

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
I'm using the Xbox One controller for driving which is nice for analog gas / steering but is there a way to make the right stick look around?

Also I can't get very far driving in this game without dying. :(

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

If you buy parts and the guy calls you, you have to go in and pay for them first before the boxes will appear. I figured this out like 3 days later.

Does anyone know how to install the fuel mixture gauge? I got the other 3 installed on top of the dash, but I dont know where this one goes.

Nevermind, found it above and to the right of the light switch.

JB50 fucked around with this message at 10:05 on Oct 29, 2016

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
So, uhh, I bought game and it looks like this

Anybody know what the hell I can do to fix this?

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

StarkRavingMad posted:

Oh geez. If you've been waiting a long time for your car to get out of the shop and haven't gotten a call, just go check to see if it's ready. I've been waiting like a week and a half for my car and finally just drove over there and it was done, but I never got a call.

This is also accurate in Finnish car repair business scene. (also applies to various other repair businesses such as electronics repair)

Kemper Boyd
Aug 6, 2007

no kings, no gods, no masters but a comfy chair and no socks

Forums Terrorist posted:

The problem with the van is it's a deathtrap.

Having driven a Hiace a couple of times: that's a very accurate representation.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?
Hmm, the last time I built the engine, I didn't tighten up the alternator position when you tension the belt. Remember to use your screwdriver to keep it in place!

Also, I've never seen a car with a dizzy pointing away from the camshaft like that, everything I've played with has been on the same axis as the cam.

e: Is the body shop where the muscle car is? I'm hoping so, so I can take the car over, drop it in the shop and use it as a courtesy car. Also how much does it cost generally? (the body repair. my front end is bent a bit)

Falken fucked around with this message at 10:17 on Oct 29, 2016

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

So uh... how do I sauna. And how do I lose the dirtiness.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

widespread posted:

So uh... how do I sauna. And how do I lose the dirtiness.

https://a.pomf.cat/skguwm.mp4

Use the knobs underneath to turn it on and let it heat up too 100 degrees (Thermometer on wall) fill up water under shower head, pick up ladle hit F and left click on water then right click on hot coals.

weirdly chilly pussy
Oct 6, 2007

They're rocks, not coal.

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

Time to call it quits on this run I think.

I also crashed the satsuma somewhere else and was on the way to get it back.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
I've found information on how to unload the flatbed but nothing about how you actually deliver or get paid for wood.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

Carecat posted:

I've found information on how to unload the flatbed but nothing about how you actually deliver or get paid for wood.

Oh I didn't realize you put it in the trailer. I put it all in my van. I couldn't figure out how to give it to the guy so I walked up to him holding a piece of wood and that knocked him unconscious... lol.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Eventually a guy will call and ask for wood. His house will be marked on the map. He will be the guy who stands next to his house with a driveway along it but without a septic tank.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Protip: You can lean into the rocker cover and adjust the valves while the engine is running.

I've got my car painted up nice. I just have to go to the store to pick up the rest of my parts and install the new radiator. Already got the new carb and exhaust manifold installed and tuned.

Another thing I learned is that when you lose car parts, they show up at the loading dock of the store. I don't know if they just show up whenever or only when you buy new parts or what. I took off my gauges because I think that kept causing the windscreen to break and pop out. Even when I just left it sitting at the auto shop, I'd buy new glass and come back to a broken windscreen. I took the gauges off and threw them in the car for later. They disappeared and I thought I'd have to buy new ones. When I bought the new carb and whatnot, the gauges were just sitting on the loading dock. I knew they were mine because they weren't in boxes like the new parts.

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

Cojawfee posted:

Eventually a guy will call and ask for wood. His house will be marked on the map. He will be the guy who stands next to his house with a driveway along it but without a septic tank.

Make sure he's there when you unload the wood or you can't get paid even if you go back when he's there. Ask me how I know.. so much wood for nothing :negative:

Oh well it was best I abandon that run anyway, I hit a cop and was wanted by the police.

El Perkele
Nov 7, 2002

I HAVE SHIT OPINIONS ON STAR WARS MOVIES!!!

I can't even call the right one bad.

RillAkBea posted:

Make sure he's there when you unload the wood or you can't get paid even if you go back when he's there. Ask me how I know.. so much wood for nothing :negative:

Oh well it was best I abandon that run anyway, I hit a cop and was wanted by the police.

Perkele tell me vitun immediately how to empty the perkeleen flatbed saatana because last time I just failed so perkeleesti

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Either the patch didn't hit me or it's one of those start-a-new-game patches. I had no ability to sprint (maybe it's unbound by default) and the liquids were next to IMPOSSIBLE to pour. I held the motor oil upside down over the engine and despite the guage showing up and staying on screen it never started filling. The fuel can, on the other hand, couldn't make the meter appear at all for more than a split second no matter how slowly I moved it around. I'd stop the second the meter would appeal and then it'd vanish without filling AT ALL!

And, yes, I had removed all the caps before attempting to fill them. Radiator and brake fluid worked just fine.

What are the other two things to fill up next to the brake fluid?

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

Either the patch didn't hit me or it's one of those start-a-new-game patches. I had no ability to sprint (maybe it's unbound by default) and the liquids were next to IMPOSSIBLE to pour. I held the motor oil upside down over the engine and despite the guage showing up and staying on screen it never started filling. The fuel can, on the other hand, couldn't make the meter appear at all for more than a split second no matter how slowly I moved it around. I'd stop the second the meter would appeal and then it'd vanish without filling AT ALL!

And, yes, I had removed all the caps before attempting to fill them. Radiator and brake fluid worked just fine.

What are the other two things to fill up next to the brake fluid?

Yeah, sprint is unbound by default. The fuel fill up doesn't appear instantly and it's really hard to tell if you're getting it right. I haven't gotten to the other fluids yet.

Another bug? Or is something wrong? My tractor has 3/4 of a tank (in fact I haven't used it before) but it stalls out and the gauge goes to zero like there's no fuel. Is it broken, am I doing something wrong, or bug?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

FLIGHT SAFETY TIP: Fatties out first

Safety? What's that?

I stoved the rear end in when I drunkenly backed the van into the car. And not in-game drunk either.

• Locked thread