Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was your favorite Titan from Titanfall 1?
gundam
megatron
that russian robot from pacific rim
goku
View Results

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Afraid of Audio posted:

shotguns are my friend, bt is my best friend

BT isn't a shotgun, he's a real boy!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
good god i'm terrible at this game

seriously it's basically instant death the second i see anyone

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

The Iron Rose posted:

good god i'm terrible at this game

seriously it's basically instant death the second i see anyone

Just remember that the floor is lava and it'll get better :v:

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
I'm not getting gifts every level. I thought we were supposed to.

JacksLibido
Jul 21, 2004
Anybody else getting really bad motion sickness on PS4? This is literally the first game ever that I've gotten sick from and I don't know why, it just feels... off somehow.

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

It's time to kick the tires and light the fires, Big Bird.

The new AI bots in Attrition are a lot of fun, and I dig that you can use your fancy third-person execution on Grunts as well as players. Please add bots to the other game modes, especially Hardpoint.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
It can be Happy Hour EVERY HOUR!!!!!

On PC I have been hopping from network to network each hour and enjoying the sweet sweet bonus merits for the last 4 hours.

Icept
Jul 11, 2001
The game is good, much better release than TF1. What's the anticheat situation on PC? I don't want to recommend this to a lot of friends and then have to stop playing because it's become infested with hacks.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Raged posted:

On PC I have been hopping from network to network each hour and enjoying the sweet sweet bonus merits for the last 4 hours.

When I tried this it just said "you have already claimed your happy hour credits for the day" and wouldn't boost me after the initial network

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:
Leveling up your overall level is kinda weird in this game; instead of XP it's based on your merits earned? And leveling up your weapons/titans gives you merits so the best way to level early on is to use every gun and titan available and get the early easy levels done fast? Kind of a neat way to encourage people to try different things I think. Also god drat am I bad at this game, here's a silly video of me trying to be pro as gently caress and it ending predictably:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lL4dsFuQCjI
Still fun as gently caress though; glad they put Attrition back into the game cause lol if I'm ever playing another mode (at least in their current, AI-less state)

ninjahedgehog posted:

The new AI bots in Attrition are a lot of fun, and I dig that you can use your fancy third-person execution on Grunts as well as players. Please add bots to the other game modes, especially Hardpoint.
They're noticeably more lethal compared to TF1 and I kind of like it. I got lit the gently caress up by a grunt earlier and actually thought I was getting shot by a pilot due to the amount of damage I took.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

In Training posted:

When I tried this it just said "you have already claimed your happy hour credits for the day" and wouldn't boost me after the initial network

Weird wonder why it is working for me? Are you still getting advocate gifts every level after lvl 9?

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

Insert name here posted:

Still fun as gently caress though; glad they put Attrition back into the game cause lol if I'm ever playing another mode (at least in their current, AI-less state)

You and the rest of the community because it took 5 minutes to find a CTF match and I read on here and other places that finding a full game for modes other than Attrition and Bounty Hunter is already hard even though the game just launched.

Also this is the only game where I can multikills over 3 :unsmith:

Orv
May 4, 2011
I want to use all the fancy space guns but the CAR is just such a dominant force since there's no need to ADS in this game.

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

The Alternator is such a silly weapon and I love it. I like to imagine it was in-universe designed by a spiteful lefty to ensure that no matter what hand you used you'd get hot brass ejected right into your face. :allears:

Insert name here posted:

:same:

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
Yeah I think the effectiveness of the R-201 and CAR overshadow a lot of the other weapons.

Likewise most used Titans will be Ronin and Tone. Leadwall is good all round, sword core is quite scary if you can get close. 40mm tracker is good all round, lock on missiles but out the DPS.

Carecat fucked around with this message at 15:20 on Oct 29, 2016

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

I found you don't even have to ads with the R-201. Its hip-fire is very accurate for an AR. I'm going to enjoy it until its inevitable nerf.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

I still haven't dipped into mp, been playing sp and having a blast.

But, is it just me or can you not like... jump at all with a titan? I've had so many moments where I feel I should've been able to just jump over something to get the drop on some mooks but I end up just walking around.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
Just finished the campaign and it was honestly one of the most fun experiences I've had in an FPS in a long time. The titan stuff was great but it really shines in the on foot moments just with all the amazing set pieces where you're flying around like a crazyman. It didn't feel pointless like a Battlefield campaign and it didn't feel stupid and cringey like a CoD campaign.

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

Deakul posted:

But, is it just me or can you not like... jump at all with a titan? I've had so many moments where I feel I should've been able to just jump over something to get the drop on some mooks but I end up just walking around.

Northstar's ultimate can fly, but other than that, no.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

starting off pretty bad at the game but I've been getting there. some matches I go like 15 to 20 points and others 80 depending on map or loadout. I love the grapple but the sonar knife thing really helps out. I'm hoping they add more AI bot stuff to help scoring for scrubs like myself, as well as maybe a team based horde mode and other fun stuff. the less straight-up deathmatch poo poo there is between just 10 or so layers the better because I want more chaos and cool poo poo happening.

Gotta say though, the TTK for even titans is pretty short but I've become pretty good at taking them out with mag grenades and poo poo. getting out of my robot in Last Titan Standing and assaulting titans from a crack in a wall they cant get to is so loving satisfying.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

ninjahedgehog posted:

Northstar's ultimate can fly, but other than that, no.

Huh, I guess they're meant to basically be tanks then.

edit: Origin is really loving testing my patience, I seemingly have to repair my games every so often to get them to start up again otherwise it takes repeatedly clicking the start game button to get the loving things to even open.

This is ever since they changed to this utterly lovely web based UI.

I've already tried reinstalling Origin too.

gently caress, man.

Deakul fucked around with this message at 15:48 on Oct 29, 2016

runchild
May 26, 2010

420 smoke 🎨artisanal🍑 melange erryday

Deakul posted:

Huh, I guess they're meant to basically be tanks then.

Pretty much. But they do have boosts! 1 on the medium titans, 2 on the light, and they all have access to a kit that gives them another one, even the heavies. Using boost to effectively move in and out of cover is one of the keys to being effective as a Titan.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Raged posted:

I'm in the UK and for some reason it thinks happy hour is at 9am, so gently caress that. Which one is the network with a happy hour at a sensible time?

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

runchild posted:

move in and out of cover is one of the keys to being effective as a Titan.

Or be me and use the nuclear self-destruct kit and get a triple kill

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Anyone else feel like the Titans are just too easy to kill now? They easily just melt away and I don't feel like the utter bad-rear end piloting them like I used to since I have to play super cautiously. Also the boarding animation for the Titans is so god drat long it seems.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

s.i.r.e. posted:

Anyone else feel like the Titans are just too easy to kill now? They easily just melt away and I don't feel like the utter bad-rear end piloting them like I used to since I have to play super cautiously. Also the boarding animation for the Titans is so god drat long it seems.

If you have a battery it dramatically increases their life expectancy

Magnus Condomus
Apr 23, 2010

In Training posted:

If you have a battery it dramatically increases their life expectancy

I always enjoy being a battery runner for the team. Just zip around stealing and handing out batteries.

Titan fights are collaborative affairs now. Trying to solo an enemy Titan doesn't seem to be worth it unless your core is up.

Gunder
May 22, 2003

Is there an EU Goon PC network yet?

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Man, between Do4m, Shadow Warrior 2 and this, it looks like shooters have finally rediscovered speed and mobility in TYOOL 2016. Too bad it took them over a decade...

Re. AI: Way more deadly, yeah, I've been killed by grunts and spectres an embarrassing number of times--that is, more than zero--and I've learned to fear the reaper pretty quickly.

Re. Titan health: Only played as Ion so far, and I think Titans might have more life, but of course damage is permanent. I've managed to survive longer than I have in TF1 through careful use of sightlines and cover, and of course if you find a battery you're definitely tougher than ever before.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.
Wait do modes like CTF and hardpoint not have AI on them at all?

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
only bounty hunt and attrition do

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things
Does anyone use the mini rocket launcher under the grenade launchers? Seems like a really lovely gun so I am wondering if I am using it wrong.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
No it felt like garbage. The softball on the other hand is quite good on Complex.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

This game is great but it's a shame it's already dead on PC. Queues for anything that's not the TDM variants take like ten years.

Senethro
May 18, 2005

I unironically think I'm Garret, Master Thief.

keyframe posted:

Does anyone use the mini rocket launcher under the grenade launchers? Seems like a really lovely gun so I am wondering if I am using it wrong.

I think the Sidewinder is intended to be functional but not exceptional against all targets, as it scores good damage vs. Titans and Reapers. It was a pure Anti-titan weapon in the last game so thats a bit of a change.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

I use the Sidewinder and it's pretty fun, but the CAR and the AR just outclass it

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

fadam posted:

This game is great but it's a shame it's already dead on PC. Queues for anything that's not the TDM variants take like ten years.

I don't understand how this type of game would die so fast on the PC and thrive on consoles, how the gently caress can a controller handle this type of movement?

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Deakul posted:

I don't understand how this type of game would die so fast on the PC and thrive on consoles, how the gently caress can a controller handle this type of movement?

It can't, but it doesn't matter because everyone is going to be moving as clunkily as you so its still a fair playing field.

There are 4 people in my region (NA) other than me queuing for Colliseum right now. What a joke :(

EDIT: Pilot v.s Pilot has <100, and CTF has 54.

If you're on the fence about what platform to buy this on, get it on PS4 if you have any interest in playing it after this month.

fadam fucked around with this message at 18:16 on Oct 29, 2016

Gunder
May 22, 2003

:siren:There is now a network for Euro PC goons. It's called European Goonion (Clan Tag BRXT :britain:), and the happy hour is at 9pm GMT.:siren:

It's public for the moment, so just search for European Goonion and join.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

This game looks like it plays amazingly, why is it so dead so quickly?