Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grandpa Cthulu needs his napping chair

Grimey Drawer

Josh Lyman posted:

You should really stop wearing free t shirts by 30. Exceptions for you alma matters.

No one listen to this. This is dumb. Free T-shirts own.

Edit:

I recently bought tickets to see Carnival of Souls Rifftrax Live! (I saw it last night and it was awesome)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

At $36 from Amazon, you can't beat the price (about 32 cents per episode). You can even overlook the meh packaging.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
lmao if you are so poor your boss has to buy you clothes, PCOS Bill why aren't you making more money?

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
No pictures because they exist only in the ether that is the Internet, but I bought tickets to see The Nightmare Before Christmas and From Dusk Till Dawn. Not like a double feature, though that would have been awesome.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
I'd like to see "The Nightmare Before Dusk Till Dawn." :black101:

EDIT: I will also accept "From Dusk Till Christmas."

Dick Trauma has a new favorite as of 17:53 on Oct 28, 2016

treiz01
Jan 2, 2008

There is little that makes me happier than taking drugs. Perhaps administering them, designing and carrying out experiments that bend the plane of what we consider reality.

Gynecolojustice posted:

lmao if you are so poor your boss has to buy you clothes, PCOS Bill why aren't you making more money?

Are you expecting consistency in his opinions or attitudes? PB is a troll and kind of a poo poo one. If you really want the madness to stop, do what most of us do: ignore him.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

Josh Lyman posted:

You should really stop wearing free t shirts by 30. Exceptions for you alma matters.

:ohdear: I bought a dozen hoodies off Amazon (free returns!) and then a vendor dropped off really comfy ones I am torn what do I do also I am wearing a different vendors shirt under said hoodie.

Can I still PYF purchase if I tried to buy it? Close your eyes, imagine a full zip hoodie with the zipper on wrong side. (Still in the front, just on the left instead of the right.) It's confusing to operate.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
I tried to imagine that, but it sent me into a cold sweat.

The Science Goy
Mar 27, 2007

Where did you learn to drive?

H110Hawk posted:

Can I still PYF purchase if I tried to buy it? Close your eyes, imagine a full zip hoodie with the zipper on wrong side. (Still in the front, just on the left instead of the right.) It's confusing to operate.

That was a women's hoodie.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

The Science Goy posted:

That was a women's hoodie.

That is what I suggested as well. No one believes me. I am still wearing it.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
I know women's button downs go right over left, but I've never heard their zipper is on the left.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
If you're a man and you paid for it, it's a men's hoodie.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Aramek posted:

I know women's button downs go right over left, but I've never heard their zipper is on the left.

Most of them are, from what I've seen. It's a really dumb holdover but the secret fashion Illuminati has not decided to unify them.

I heart bacon
Nov 18, 2007

:burger: It's burgin' time! :burger:

You goons are kinda weird about working giving people clothes. My last job had a pants + work boot reimbursement and handed out shirts and sweatshirts. Job before that was boots, shirts, and carhartt jacket and bibs. I still have an awesomely comfortable hoodie from a vendor at previous job, too. Both jobs were fairly abusive to anything you wore there, so it was nice.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

I heart bacon posted:

You goons are kinda weird about working giving people clothes. My last job had a pants + work boot reimbursement and handed out shirts and sweatshirts. Job before that was boots, shirts, and carhartt jacket and bibs. I still have an awesomely comfortable hoodie from a vendor at previous job, too. Both jobs were fairly abusive to anything you wore there, so it was nice.

All I've gotten is a single polo shirt that's a size too big.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

A decent Omnia leather couch for my new place. It's nothing super swanky but it is comfortable and normal-looking.

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Pick posted:

A decent Omnia leather couch for my new place. It's nothing super swanky but it is comfortable and normal-looking.

Mad decent

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

chitoryu12 posted:

All I've gotten is a single polo shirt that's a size too big.

There's surprisingly little you can do with a big orange apron from a hardware store with their name on it.

Apart from some very, very niche roleplay in the bedroom

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

spog posted:

There's surprisingly little you can do with a big orange apron from a hardware store with their name on it.

Don't judge me

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

spog posted:

Don't kinkshame.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
Scrubs, I wear prescription pants.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

I heart bacon posted:

Yeah, of all the things for Geoj to latch onto, a random company jacket is like... the least probable one

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

TotalLossBrain posted:

Scrubs, I wear prescription pants.

Are you shorts sighted?

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

spookygonk posted:

Are you shorts sighted?

Jesus Christmas.

Content - got gas yesterday at 2.36/gal for 89. I need to keep going there because it's 2.70 locally. Also a Brusters ice cream cake for the bf's party today.

Horse Clocks
Dec 14, 2004

Sony MDR-1000X.

Because my 10 year old Beyerdynamic DT-250s are perfectly fine, but gently caress wearing them for 32 hours straight on the flight I'm taking on Friday.

Also, noisy offices are the worst, and I'm in a different one every few months.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Night Danger Moose posted:

Jesus Christmas.

Content - got gas yesterday at 2.36/gal for 89. I need to keep going there because it's 2.70 locally. Also a Brusters ice cream cake for the bf's party today.

What do you drive that calls for 89? And if it doesn't why do you throw your money away needlessly?

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Horse Clocks posted:

Sony MDR-1000X.

Because my 10 year old Beyerdynamic DT-250s are perfectly fine, but gently caress wearing them for 32 hours straight on the flight I'm taking on Friday.

I think you'll be happy with those. When I tried 'em they were p dope.

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

PCOS Bill posted:

What do you drive that calls for 89? And if it doesn't why do you throw your money away needlessly?

2016 Ford Focus ST. Manual recommends 89.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

Night Danger Moose posted:

2016 Ford Focus ST. Manual recommends 89.

Mind = Blown. I didn't know cars took mid-range.

LUBE UP YOUR BUTT
Jun 30, 2008

High octane seems to make quite a bit of difference in turbocharged engines.. I used to believe we should always go with the lowest until we got a brand new car and the loving ridiculous turbo lag just went away upon using the recommend 95 RON the first time we had to fill it. The dealer evidently used the cheapest fuel and the ecu didn't like it

But yeah go with the cheapest if your engines naturally aspirated. Had a BMW NA straight six and it didn't make a wink of difference whether I pumped 91 or 98

LUBE UP YOUR BUTT has a new favorite as of 20:36 on Oct 29, 2016

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

LUBE UP YOUR BUTT posted:

High octane seems to make quite a bit of difference in turbocharged engines.. I used to believe we should always go with the lowest until we got a brand new car and the loving ridiculous turbo lag just went away upon using the recommend 95 RON the first time we had to fill it. The dealer evidently used the cheapest fuel and the ecu didn't like it

But yeah go with the cheapest if your engines naturally aspirated. Had a BMW NA straight six and it didn't make a wink of difference whether I pumped 91 or 98

You should go with whatever your manual suggests. I didn't realize there were cars on the market that suggested 89.

The Fuzzy Hulk
Nov 22, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT CROSSING THE STREAMS

I just got a mini fridge to go next to the side of our bed. I got one with a separate freezer because I really only wanted it to make ice in for my water at night without going downstairs. I need ideas of other stuff to put in it now, because it currently only has ice, a can of soda, and a pack of string cheese.

I heart bacon
Nov 18, 2007

:burger: It's burgin' time! :burger:

The Fuzzy Hulk posted:

I just got a mini fridge to go next to the side of our bed. I got one with a separate freezer because I really only wanted it to make ice in for my water at night without going downstairs. I need ideas of other stuff to put in it now, because it currently only has ice, a can of soda, and a pack of string cheese.

Milk and individual sized cereal packs. Full size snickers bars in the freezer. :yum:

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

I heart bacon posted:

Milk and individual sized cereal packs. Full size snickers bars in the freezer. :yum:

Snickers in the freezer? Why do you want him to break his teeth??

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

PCOS Bill posted:

Yeah, of all the things for Geoj to latch onto, a random company jacket is like... the least probable one

:lol: the career troll can't tell when he's being trolled.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Mr. F! posted:

Snickers in the freezer? Why do you want him to break his teeth??
Look at this noob who's never had a frozen snickers.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

H110Hawk posted:

You should go with whatever your manual suggests. I didn't realize there were cars on the market that suggested 89.

Same. I've only ever seen the "Unleaded Gas" or "Premium (91/93) Only" on the fuel caps of vehicles I've owned. I always wondered who used the 89. Now I know.

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal

Horse Clocks posted:

Sony MDR-1000X.

Nice! My coworker was telling me about these after letting me try his Bose QC 25s.

I was so blown away by the noise cancelling I bought these crappy chinese "Bohm" headphones instead:

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/61SqQOONNIL._SL1500_.jpg

And immediately regretted it... They're ok I guess, and they do noise cancel to some degree, but they're a pretty solid meh compared to the Bose, and I've heard those Sony's are even better. These headphones aren't really even all that comfortable.

Best part of is that the "Bohm" nameplate fell off right out of the box.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Geoj posted:

:lol: the career troll can't tell when he's being trolled.

Oh you were only pretending to be retarded, joke's on me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zahi
Jun 4, 2009

bent

LUBE UP YOUR BUTT posted:

Don't give advice if you don't know what you're talking about.