Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What gun are you going to use in this Call of Duty?
The good one that everyone else uses
Another, different gun
View Results

• Locked thread
Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

SKYMALL SCRILLA posted:

The beta of this is bad and I've already deleted it, but have they said if the cod4 remaster will be sold separately? also, how many old 360 crew have moved to ps4 (macys doesn't count)?

Macy's is all you need. And all of them. We've all joined the best console.

Also MWR will be probably be sold separately once the new COD is released a year from now and IW sales come to an end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
If sales are down, expect an early release to cash in on the last fiscal quarter of 2016.

Superanos
Nov 13, 2009

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Also MWR will be probably be sold separately once the new COD is released a year from now and IW sales come to an end.

That's when they'll force-bundle it in with next year's COD.

I'll just buy it on a PSN sale where the Legacy Edition will be €60 or lower.

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?
Is extinction in this game or not? Have they announced that they are selling it separately?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Wazzit posted:

Is extinction in this game or not? Have they announced that they are selling it separately?

Everyone forgot how to play the mode due to lack of explanation so they abandoned it.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Wazzit posted:

"We feel that zombies is more fun than aliens, so instead of innovation, we're just gonna make sure our developers just try to copy Treyarch's version of zombies." -probably an alarming amount of Activision executives.

Also world is poo poo, let's go to space.

Fatty_McLumpkin
Sep 30, 2002

Oh I loooove going to the mooon ahaha ahhhahaaa

widespread posted:

"We feel that zombies is more fun than aliens, so instead of innovation, we're just gonna make sure our developers just try to copy Treyarch's version of zombies." -probably an alarming amount of Activision executives.

Also world is poo poo, let's go to space.

More like.

"So that was a great 2.5 year vacation by the beach... feels like we're forgetting something.................poo poo COPY/PASTE BLOPS3 AND RESKIN IT."

BrokenKnees
Aug 28, 2008

Ow.

Fatty_McLumpkin posted:

More like.

"So that was a great 2.5 year vacation by the beach... feels like we're forgetting something.................poo poo COPY/PASTE BLOPS3 AND RESKIN IT."

Presumably they spent some time working on Ghosts 2 before it was shot down right?

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

I'm curious, are any of you picking up Titanfall 2 ?

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014
No. I looks neat, but I have no rl friends who are even remotely interested, and TF1 held my interest for like two weeks before I was done with it.

I get that TF2 is definitely more polished and probably better, but even at its worst I like CoD's solid multiplayer more. (We don't talk about Ghosts though)

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Looking and aiming with the right stick didn't feel good at all. I tried every combination of settings in the beta, and it never came near to the feel CoD games have.

It felt worse than CoD and Halo, but better than Gears and literally every Ubisoft game ever made- which are the absolute worst of the worst when it comes to using the right stick in any capacity whatsoever.

Mister Facetious fucked around with this message at 08:16 on Oct 27, 2016

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

BrokenKnees posted:

Presumably they spent some time working on Ghosts 2 before it was shot down right?

We should have had Dr. Cross lead some assholes and the bugs on some gaiden game for extinction.

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

fit em all up in there posted:

I'm curious, are any of you picking up Titanfall 2 ?

I'll pick it up but I'll probably wait until a deeper holiday sale since I won't be able to play TF2 much next week, and I'll be busy with my nostalgia trip through MWR for the next few weeks thereafter. The single-player looks neat, and I had a lot of fun with the beta. Plus TF2 is designed so much better than IW. Keep in mind that was with the TF2 beta 2 months away from the full game, and the IW beta being 3 weeks away from the full game. :iw:

Relevant to this thread: Sony announced two officially licensed Scuf-like controllers since Sony won't make one themselves. But I'd recommend a Battle Beaver/Cinch instead (don't get an actual Scuf.)

feverish and oversexed
Mar 9, 2007

I LOVE the galley!
I just ordered my Scuf. Also I'm moving tomorrow. When y'all see me next I'm be the real Javes Jr. just you wait! :unsmigghh:

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

FPS freeks help a lot and surprisingly I find one of those silicone controller covers helps as well. Also got a little thumb stick cover with grips for the left joystick which I think also helps. Can't stand a controller without any of those three. I have a xim but I just like to lay on the couch like a slob

Those scuf controllers do like nice though

Anyways you guys still playing this game or what?

feverish and oversexed
Mar 9, 2007

I LOVE the galley!
NSA and I are right now!

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

You ever do the chicken dance at a wake? That really bothers people.
I've got more OT this weekend, but I should be on tomorrow night at the very least.

Troutz
Apr 10, 2016
I really wish they'd just loving release MWR separately. Infinite Warfare looks like a pile of doo-doo and I'm not paying $80 for a remaster.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Never thought I'd say this about a CoD game, but yeah, I'm with you. CAD $130 for an uninspired lovely netcode F2P currency grind? Pass.

I'll bet they're using their post-BLOPS 1 netcode for MWR, too.

Gonna save that cash for a Switch instead.

forpush
Jan 6, 2006

We don't like it when the city light start fading
When the city lights fading then we can't get down
Is there any point playing Blops3 these days without all the DLC?

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Possibly more reliable matchmaking? You're not missing much with the new maps. Most are in fact far worse than the defaults, as usual.

forpush
Jan 6, 2006

We don't like it when the city light start fading
When the city lights fading then we can't get down
That's the Call of Duty Promise™

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Meanwhile, someone got IW early... and played a bit of Zombies.

While it looks okay and sorta different... hooooly poo poo I cannot stop thinking how much was copied. And if it even holds over to any DLC maps.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

widespread posted:

Meanwhile, someone got IW early... and played a bit of Zombies.

While it looks okay and sorta different... hooooly poo poo I cannot stop thinking how much was copied. And if it even holds over to any DLC maps.

Zombies is a moneymaker for Activision, so of course its going to play like the previous games. Zombies in BO3 had too much obscure poo poo you had to do so I hope this doesn't have as much.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Mill Village posted:

Zombies is a moneymaker for Activision, so of course its going to play like the previous games. Zombies in BO3 had too much obscure poo poo you had to do so I hope this doesn't have as much.

For starters, it just felt TOO similar to Blops 3. I mean besides obvious poo poo like the random weapon thingy and the weapon upgrade thingy and the self-revive thingy, there was also a 10 round rifle and a three-burst pistol for $500 each. And the Fate and Fortune Cards, the inventory... though I could be looking too deep at it. Blame Blundell, let's just say.

As for obscurity, it shouldn't. I mean, unless you count the amount of poo poo on this screen "obscure".

Besides CHAPPIE N3IL, it might take a bit of perusing to find the places to build some of these things.

And one more thing, TACTICAL HATER BLOCKERS DEPLOYED.

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014
I've never been a particular fan of Zombies but so far everything I can see just looks like a carbon copy, with some added bells and whistles.

That flash animation / intro is absolutely atrocious

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Wait so the new COD has microtransactions or what? Is it pay to win? The last few have kind of but I never felt obliged to actually spend money

If the remaster drops separately are most bo3 people going that way?

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Its the same supply drop poo poo AW and BO3 had, but with a crafting system. So you can try your luck at getting good weapon variants with microtransactions, or craft them yourself. Its a tier based system, so you have to buy each variant before you can get the "best" one.

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014
BO3 wasn't pay to win at all, IW seems like there might be a longer wait to get what you want but honestly a lot of the Epics don't offer much better benefits than the lower tier guns.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i dunno, some of the last supply drop guns in BO3 were pretty good

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Zodack posted:

BO3 wasn't pay to win at all, IW seems like there might be a longer wait to get what you want but honestly a lot of the Epics don't offer much better benefits than the lower tier guns.

One of the AR variants has no range fall off and no negative traits to balance it out. There's a LMG that deals double damage with 50% lower fire rate, that seems reasonable. IW is going to have to rebalance some of the gun perks.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Mill Village posted:

One of the AR variants has no range fall off and no negative traits to balance it out. There's a LMG that deals double damage with 50% lower fire rate, that seems reasonable. IW is going to have to rebalance some of the gun perks.

As long as the Epic R.A.W is fine the way it is.

For those who didn't see what it does, it's double mag capacity but you can't reload... on a gun that recharges its mag slowly but surely.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Anyone want a TF2 "Shocker" callsign? Just showed up in my email.

8YK8-8ZUV-Z6US-K3KW

https://www.titanfall.com/en_us/redeem/

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014

Mill Village posted:

We don't know that it has no range falloff. It has infinite damage range but for all we know that could mean it hits a certain number and keeps that instead of dropping off. I don't think that means it will necessarily do max damage at all ranges.

But yeah - that one in particular is really the only worrying one.

The double damage Mauler with half a fire rate seems goofy because it probably evens out to the same effectiveness. Akimbo shotguns is allegedly terrible, the ERAD with the shotgun is not great. The full auto R3KT is good but makes me wonder what makes it different from a common KBAR.

I hadn't really had any chance to try any more but the performance of the four or five epics I got to use made me pretty relieved about how the rest would perform.

But knowing IW, balance is out the window and I just haven't found it...

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Every demon wants his pound of flesh
Regarding Advanced Warfare, Black Ops 3 and Infinite Warfare being developed over 3 years instead of the usual 2 - do we have any idea what each studio used the extra time for?

JackGeneric
Apr 23, 2008

[Witty observation]
Know what we're sorely lacking? Spreadsheets.

The Signup Sheet
The Results

JackGeneric fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Oct 29, 2016

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Zodack posted:

We don't know that it has no range falloff. It has infinite damage range but for all we know that could mean it hits a certain number and keeps that instead of dropping off. I don't think that means it will necessarily do max damage at all ranges.

But yeah - that one in particular is really the only worrying one.

The double damage Mauler with half a fire rate seems goofy because it probably evens out to the same effectiveness. Akimbo shotguns is allegedly terrible, the ERAD with the shotgun is not great. The full auto R3KT is good but makes me wonder what makes it different from a common KBAR.

I hadn't really had any chance to try any more but the performance of the four or five epics I got to use made me pretty relieved about how the rest would perform.

But knowing IW, balance is out the window and I just haven't found it...

A slower rate of fire will reduce the difficulty of controlling a weapon's recoil in full auto, increasing accuracy.
It is another reason I prefer the Galil to the FAMAS and Aug in BLOPS 1, in addition to superior ammo capacity and cover penetration damage.

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014
Well, the Mauler is similar to the old Chain SAW from Ghosts, so part of its intended use is to hip fire it. ADS accuracy will greater benefit from a reduce fire rate, I'm sure.

I made a dumb setup with Merc and his ability to not lose mobility from any weapon, and then just ran around with the Mauler on the small beta maps acting like an idiot.

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Every demon wants his pound of flesh
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/how-call-of-duty-infinite-warfare-changed-after-it/1100-6444932/

Changes to IW after the beta.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae
IW seems way more pay to win than BLOPS3 was, some of the gun perks you can get are stupidly OP

• Locked thread