Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Frog Act posted:

"I am in my legal right to pull a knife on my mom when she is destroying my property" (burps, wipes garlic bread hands on tighty-whities)

I looked at some other videos. One starts with his underwear center frame as he turns the camera and bitches about "greedy chinks"; someone in the comments thought he was talking about a lynx so he corrected them that it is a racial slur for Chinese people. This video went for an hour and a half. He had another where he walks to the local mall with his camera on a head mount, stopping to take a piss on a wall, before taking a bus home. That one was three hours long.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

poptart_fairy posted:

OK but it was a 10k donation. How much should a wealthy person donate before it's considered generous?

To be honest I don't think it's ever notably generous (in the sense of being something that requires any sort of sacrifice*) unless they're giving away so much money that it affects their lifestyle in some way. I mean, I think it's still good to massage their egos by telling them its generous (since it'll get them to donate more), but it's no more praiseworthy than me donating a dollar while checking out at the supermarket (actually, that dollar probably has a bigger impact on my life than $10,000 does for Notch).

This certainly doesn't mean it's bad for rich people to donate to charity; I just consider it something they should feel obligated to do.

* While you could define "generous" as "having the biggest impact", that's highly problematic because it would essentially be the same as saying that rich people are inherently more morally righteous simply by virtue of having more money to donate

edit: To further clarify, I think that it's more generous for a wealthy person to spend one day a week doing volunteer work than for them to donate thousands (or even millions, depending upon how wealthy they are) of dollars. That at least requires some sort of sacrifice (since time has value to everyone).

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!
In an ideal world there wouldn't be any rich people to begin with

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

goose willis posted:

In an ideal world there wouldn't be any rich people to begin with

Would you say this if you were rich?

Agrinja
Nov 30, 2013

Praise the Sun!

Total Clam

:stare:

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

oldpainless posted:

Would you say this if you were rich?

No dumbass because there wouldn't be any rich people in this ideal world

God more like oldgameless

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

If you could create an ideal world why wouldn't you make everyone rich?

Obligatory Toast
Mar 19, 2007

What am I reading here??

tyblazitar posted:

I wholeheartedly support this initiative to keep MRAs and PUAs away from the general public and at the same time provide a valuable customer base for sex workers.

I think sex workers should have the right to deny service to whomever they want!

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

oldpainless posted:

How would anyone be rich if everyone was rich

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

oldpainless posted:

This is my ideal world but I'm a cannibal.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

Shut the gently caress up about this dumb donation derail.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Context: A video of Outlast, which has a pair of twin dudes that run around naked.

Let's play the Youtube comment g- wait, hold on, there's nothing in between those except several hours.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
I like to imagine that thought that made him go "Wait a minute, I should go back and expand on my point a bit. Or else they won't understand what I, Pika Jew has to say on the matter of dicks".

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

He's not even loving close to the right idea. It's not even a "I think comic book heroines should be strong characters and sexy." It's "Women are objects."

Zesty has a new favorite as of 07:29 on Oct 29, 2016

Whitlam
Aug 2, 2014

Some goons overreact. Go figure.

Midnight Voyager posted:

Context: A video of Outlast, which has a pair of twin dudes that run around naked.

Let's play the Youtube comment g- wait, hold on, there's nothing in between those except several hours.

Whenever I see this and similar arguments (men are raped more, men are more likely to be randomly assaulted, etc.) I want to shake them and ask if they think maybe we should focus on who is doing the prison rape and random street violence and if maybe focusing on prevention, rather than playing "I'm the biggest victim because" is a good idea.

(It's a great idea, but they don't care about prevention, only on getting one up on the dang strawfeminazis.)

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Whitlam posted:

Whenever I see this and similar arguments (men are raped more, men are more likely to be randomly assaulted, etc.) I want to shake them and ask if they think maybe we should focus on who is doing the prison rape and random street violence and if maybe focusing on prevention, rather than playing "I'm the biggest victim because" is a good idea.

(It's a great idea, but they don't care about prevention, only on getting one up on the dang strawfeminazis.)

They don't care about any victims. They just want everyone to shut up because they don't care so they shouldn't ever have to hear about it. It's not just putting their head in the sand, they want everyone to tape their mouths close.

BgRdMchne
Oct 31, 2011

If you don't give 10% of your pretax income to charity then you are a piece of poo poo.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.

BgRdMchne posted:

If you don't give 10% of your pretax income to charity then you are a piece of poo poo.

Hey, who wants to join me floating in the toilet? :nexus:

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

BgRdMchne posted:

Once eugenics becomes a societal norm, do you think men will be bred out of the population or most of them? Of course by that time robots will also exist so there will be no need for blue collar work.

It's sad how everything in modern society is already gearing towards a female-only future. I think there will come a point where all men rebel against the system and form their own colony on Mars or Venus or whatever, where we'll bring some female sex-bots for entertainment. Of course the women will just keep using their dildos because they are emotionless beings who care little for actual interaction, whether it be sentient robot or human.

Do you think the sentient robots will ally themselves with mankind and not womankind? I think that due to their advanced intelligence they will not see a possible future where they could be on equal footing with women (due to the female's natural inclination to boss everyone around), so they'll settle for a society where they are equal to men.

Of course, if we do all end up on Mars, women will just eventually send nukes to destroy the colony regardless, out of bitter spite (if they figure out how to press the correct buttons that is, but typically some beta male nuclear scientist would have left blatant instructions beforehand that even a toddler would understand). Women just can't handle the fact that men just want to be happy. They can't comprehend that men are satisfied with an existence of philosophical stoicism, and not artificially superimposing different contrived existentialisms on reality. Either no one but them can be allowed to be happy, or no one period.

Unfortunately, due to this reason I don't see any possible way it could work out. Women will just kill themselves off once all the men are gone anyway, cuz there'll be no one to listen to their nagging bullshit.

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009
Mods please change my name to beta male nuclear scientist, tia.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.

Lottery of Babylon posted:

Once eugenics becomes a societal norm, do you think men will be bred out of the population or most of them? Of course by that time robots will also exist so there will be no need for blue collar work.

It's sad how everything in modern society is already gearing towards a female-only future. I think there will come a point where all men rebel against the system and form their own colony on Mars or Venus or whatever, where we'll bring some female sex-bots for entertainment. Of course the women will just keep using their dildos because they are emotionless beings who care little for actual interaction, whether it be sentient robot or human.

Do you think the sentient robots will ally themselves with mankind and not womankind? I think that due to their advanced intelligence they will not see a possible future where they could be on equal footing with women (due to the female's natural inclination to boss everyone around), so they'll settle for a society where they are equal to men.

Of course, if we do all end up on Mars, women will just eventually send nukes to destroy the colony regardless, out of bitter spite (if they figure out how to press the correct buttons that is, but typically some beta male nuclear scientist would have left blatant instructions beforehand that even a toddler would understand). Women just can't handle the fact that men just want to be happy. They can't comprehend that men are satisfied with an existence of philosophical stoicism, and not artificially superimposing different contrived existentialisms on reality. Either no one but them can be allowed to be happy, or no one period.

Unfortunately, due to this reason I don't see any possible way it could work out. Women will just kill themselves off once all the men are gone anyway, cuz there'll be no one to listen to their nagging bullshit.

Translation: BUT MOOOOOOOOOOMM!

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011
I alternate wildly between pity and abject horror every time one of those MGTOW posts gets brought over.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Attempting to nuke Mars sounds ineffectual.

"Sir, Gaia has launched a surprise nuclear attack!"
*eight months later*

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

Of course the women will just keep using their dildos because they are emotionless beings who care little for actual interaction, whether it be sentient robot or human.

I find it really weird that, in a society that believes that men just want to gently caress a hole and it's women who want all that relationship poo poo, there's this subset of people who have inverted the dynamic.

Vladimir Poutine
Aug 13, 2012
:madmax:

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Officer, I couldn't have killed that man, I was on Facebook all evening posting memes about how I could kill people and get away with it.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

I'll never understand that mentality. We're these guys such a terror as a teenager that they regard every man who looks their daughter's way with such suspicion?

Vladimir Poutine
Aug 13, 2012
:madmax:

Freaquency posted:

I'll never understand that mentality. We're these guys such a terror as a teenager that they regard every man who looks their daughter's way with such suspicion?

Tbh whenever I see someone post one of those memes I assume they had a dubious grasp of the concept of consent when they were younger

Dogfish
Nov 4, 2009

Freaquency posted:

You see, a man owns his daughter until he gives her away to the man he has selected to be her husband. Boys threatening his daughter's purity are threatening to damage his property, and therefore reduce the strength and prestige of the alliance he could form by marriage contract, so he in turn threatens to protect his property by force. This is a reasonable way to behave in 2016.

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

Vladimir Poutine posted:

Tbh whenever I see someone post one of those memes I assume they had a dubious grasp of the concept of consent when they were younger

Well, that and a tendency to believe that their daughters are incapable of setting boundaries. (And/or that premarital sex will utterly destroy said daughter entirely.)

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

Freaquency posted:

Because it's been a sitcom/stand-up comedy trope for decades? So people think that's a totally reasonable way to behave rather than a way to look like a complete psychopath? I dunno that's my guess hth.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
Because a deadbeat dad or a dad that is too accommodating is bad because his daughters could get knocked up young or harmed in some way. So they double down with the opposite approach thinking it makes them responsible. :downs:

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Comic exaggeration of their very real difficulty thinking of their daughter as an adult woman. Same reason some parents call their college attending children every night for a while in college. Like there doesn't have to be some deep found sexual wierdness for every person making a sitcom joke about themselves. I mean the really weird ones self identify by attending purity balls.

Maggie Fletcher
Jul 19, 2009
Getting brunch is more important to me than other peoples lives.

Freaquency posted:

Probably. Ladies in the thread, raise your hands if your dad ever told you "I know how teenage boys think; I was one once." I know what my dad was like as a teenager, and my teenage boyfriend was the polar opposite, thankfully.

A couple of facebook friends are going at it right now, or were--one of them is an older competitive pole dancer with a killer body, and the other is a young nanny who also has a killer body. At some point they had an issue with each other and (some suspect) the young one reported the old one on facebook because her facebook name is a pseudonym referring to her rear end. She was asked to change her name or shut down her page, she appealed and won. That should be the end of it, right? But no, in celebration, the pole dancer (who by all rights looks amazing) has decided to post a new picture every day of her rear end. I lasted five days before unfollowing her. It's a very nice rear end and she's a very nice lady, but I've met her exactly once and I feel like I know her rear end more intimately than her face at this point. She's blocked the younger woman who allegedly reported her, so it's not like that girl is seeing her celebratory rear end pics anyway.

I mean hell, I'm 37 and definitely have the capacity to be petty and childish at times, but this is a bit much.

On a lighter note, a guy I met once posted a picture of his back covered in scratches from his adventures the night before. I used to get a lot of unsolicited friend requests from friends of friends or complete strangers who are in the same sport as me, and I made the rule to not add anyone until I've met them at least once. I may have to extend that rule to 5 times or more. I feel like I should know you a little better before I'm privy to your sex habits or your asscheeks.

Dogfish
Nov 4, 2009

Maggie Fletcher posted:

Probably. Ladies in the thread, raise your hands if your dad ever told you "I know how teenage boys think; I was one once." I know what my dad was like as a teenager, and my teenage boyfriend was the polar opposite, thankfully.

My dad told me "Think carefully about your decisions and don't do anything that's going to make your life worse in five years' time." But my dad has this weird habit of respecting my autonomy as a human subject.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

Maggie Fletcher posted:

During that whole "grab her by the pussy" Trump debacle, I remember my dad said something to the effect of, "That's not locker room talk! I've been in locker rooms, we talk about sports and our dogs," which was a weird glimpse into his private life, which is thankfully kind of dull.

Public page + gently caress this lady

Brad Pitt roughs up his own child while soaring through the sky, this is somehow his ex-wife's fault

e: Almost every post after this is very similar

Transmogrifier
Dec 10, 2004

Systems at max!

Lipstick Apathy

Oh there's even more.

:psyduck: Apparently he's a big soap opera fan too?

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Rolo posted:

This is an ad on YouTube I keep getting:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jh3WSZklDdo

This is a joke right?

*Whooshing jet sounds*

Blind Pineapple
Oct 27, 2010

For The Perfect Fruit 'n' Kaman

1 part gin
1 part pomegranate syrup
Fill with pineapple juice
Serve over crushed ice

College Slice

Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton were walking down the street when they came to a homeless person.
Donald Trump gave the homeless person his business card and told him to come to his office for a job. He then took $20 out of his pocket and gave it to the homeless person.
Hillary saw this, so when they came to another homeless person, she walked over and gave him directions to the welfare office.
She then reached into Donald’s pocket and got out $20. She kept $15 for “administrative fees” and gave the homeless person $5.
Now do you understand the difference?

This reads like a joke that was translated from a language of an ex-soviet block country.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
I'm kind of sad that Richard Burr hasn't capitalised on the renewed interest in his twelfth cousin several times removed.

All of the lovely parodies and jokes, lost.