Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Gonna be 3-2 SKT, SSG/SKT/SSG/SKT/SKT series

The question is are the wins with Bengi or Blank

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
SSG will win when they throw Note 7s at SKT which then explode distracting them at a crucial moment

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
:chanpop:

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
The prize pool has been upped to $5 million but I still say if they included the Riven skin it would be up to 30 million by now

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?
having just watched HuHi destroy Faker in soloq, I still believe in CLG

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010
Faker isn't all that great tbh. We talked about how weak the NA soloQ ladder is and yet there are still three people above Faker.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

lol

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
Yeah, and febiven has solo'd him multiple times in international play

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Here's your hosed up Worlds fact for the day: the prize pool is now at $5 million, up from an initial $2.1 million, all due to the 25% cut taken from Championship Zed and Championship Ward skins for the pot. That's insane.

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents
Soaz should have bought a Lichbane but he was French at a key moment

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009
SKT win 3-0 and Duke plays the series of his life, is my prediction.

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO

Sexpansion posted:

Hey is it time for finals predictions yet? Because here's mine:

Samsung comes out swinging and plays better than they ever have but, in the end, Faker and Bang are too good. 3-2 SKT.

3-1 but ya

was pissed i didn't get to see skarner at msg

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO

Savage Cracker posted:

Faker isn't all that great tbh. We talked about how weak the NA soloQ ladder is and yet there are still three people above Faker.

faker fucks around a lot, but tbh i don't think he's the best 1v1 player in the world anymore

he is, however, still the best player in the world, because of his team contribution and his ability to rescue otherwise doomed situations

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Faker is from a time when if you went ham and styled on your opponent once you could effectively do it forever and then go to other lanes and do it there too but that's not the case anymore so you sometimes see him be way too cocky/aggressive in a way the game doesn't support as well anymore but he is still very very good

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Literally the first I'm hearing of this, Riot's holding an "All-Mid, All-Star Tournament" in about 15 minutes. I thought it was just regular PTL poo poo but apparently they're throwing a whole carnival.

http://watch.na.lolesports.com/en_US/worldchampionship/en

"Duane Wade stuck his unicorn horn in my rear end"
-Mark Cuban, Primetime League

Wow these all-stars...The drummer of Imagine Dragons & Voyboy versus Aphromoo and some other goons.

RealFoxy fucked around with this message at 03:05 on Oct 29, 2016

M. Night Skymall
Mar 22, 2012

Reckful's definitely my first pick for a League of Legends all-star team.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
lol that na burn

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Vermain posted:

Here's your hosed up Worlds fact for the day: the prize pool is now at $5 million, up from an initial $2.1 million, all due to the 25% cut taken from Championship Zed and Championship Ward skins for the pot. That's insane.

Here's something more hosed: imaqtpie makes more than the initial world's price pool off of streaming

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
Chat was p gross during that cosplay exhibition.

Dr. Mantis Toboggan
May 5, 2003

This is fuckin legit and y'all should watch/listen to this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Blc1jHrB3HM

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
the fun fact is that even if faker isn't the best player in the world any more skt probably still has three of the others between duke, bengi and wolf (and it's not like blank or pray aren't good either, they just have actual competition like peanut and BUNG)

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Wolf, Bengi or Duke are not even remotely close to the best players at their positions and Pray is on Rox :cripes:

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Peanut > Ambition > Score > Jankos > Maybe Bengi
Smeb, Ssumday, and CuVee are also better than Duke
There are a lot of supports better than Wolf right now

Bang/Faker are the only two you could put in the running for best in their roles. SKT are great because they have the best coaching staff + shot calling in the game right now, and Bengi has such a fantastic mind for the jungle and so much synergy with Faker that it makes up for him being pretty mediocre mechanically.

And I don't know, but I think Faker might be fifth best player right now behind Smeb, Bang, Peanut, and Ambition.

RealFoxy fucked around with this message at 09:37 on Oct 29, 2016

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009
Lol nah, cuvee isnt better than duke and definitely jankos but maybe even score too are worse than bengi

stump collector
May 28, 2007
the best player is the one who is holding up the world title with his team

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
Faker is still the best player in the world.

e: imo, of course. He puts more pressure on the lane than any other midlaner. He has an insanely big champion pool. He plays every type of midlaner well (waveclear, poke, assassin, etc.). You can see it in the matches against Kuro. He knows Kuro is a great Viktor player but he pulls out Ori (which wasn't out of the meta, per say, but which hasn't been played that much) and pushes his poo poo in again and again. He makes mistakes, sure, but he's the most effective combination of aggression and knowing your limits of any player in the game.

Sexpansion fucked around with this message at 14:53 on Oct 29, 2016

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Faker is not the best pro player in the World because of his 1v1 or champion mechanics, he is the best pro player because he has an enormous control over the match and just like his nick implies he is really good at mind games and faking situations to bait the enemies into a bad position. He has good control over everything, from the p&b to the laning phase to the teamfights to the macro war in the match.

Safety Scissors
Feb 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I'm just not hyped for the finals at all. :(

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Safety Scissors posted:

I'm just not hyped for the finals at all. :(

I believe in the power of BUNG.

More seriously, SSG's looked on fire, and in a very dominant way. I think the series is going to be close all the way to end.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Would anyone ITT care about Samsung if their ADC's old name wasn't Bung

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010

RealFoxy posted:

They also have a mousepad from Dignitas

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Savage Cracker posted:

They also have a mousepad from Dignitas
It's interesting that everyone loves CoreJJ now that he's in the World Final's because when he was on Dignitas most people either didn't care or hated him because he wasn't QTpie

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

RealFoxy posted:

ive enjoyed ssg for a long time

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010

rabidsquid posted:

Yeah memes and jokes about Bungs name/Ambitions revenge/CoreJJ's mousepad aside they've been one of the more entertaining teams in LCK this year

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

rabidsquid posted:

If only Longzhu could get their poo poo together

moush
Aug 19, 2009

Rage Your Dream
Why do people always get upset that prizepools are low? No major sport has great prizepools for their championship games. The superbowl only pays each player on the winning team $100k each. Sports will always be about marketing and sponsorships and not playing for a prize.

I understand League people might feel inadequate when they compare themselves to Dota 2 TI, but that's purely groupfunded. The high prize pool and no other stable income kind of ruins the Dota esports scene since it's the only thing that matters all year long so you get weird team moves.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

pretty sure dota has 3-4 big tournies a year now

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

rabidsquid posted:

yeah me too. I have always liked Ambition and Crown is a really good player. CoreJJ is fun too. They are a good team right now.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.

moush posted:

Why do people always get upset that prizepools are low? No major sport has great prizepools for their championship games. The superbowl only pays each player on the winning team $100k each. Sports will always be about marketing and sponsorships and not playing for a prize.

I understand League people might feel inadequate when they compare themselves to Dota 2 TI, but that's purely groupfunded. The high prize pool and no other stable income kind of ruins the Dota esports scene since it's the only thing that matters all year long so you get weird team moves.

Traditional sports isn't about sponsorships, the vast majority of the money comes from TV broadcast rights. E-sports doesn't have that luxury, so sponsorships and prize pools are a lot more important to them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?

Dr. Mantis Toboggan posted:

This is fuckin legit and y'all should watch/listen to this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Blc1jHrB3HM

This is really sick, Nami has such a chill theme. I was kinda hoping they'd do Azir's because his is also good, but the Taliyah/Aurelion/Jhin one was pretty good

• Locked thread