Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Diana's theme still loving rules a whole bunch and I'm sad she's been out of the meta for so long.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Redmark
Dec 11, 2012

This one's for you, Morph.
-Evo 2013

moush posted:

Why do people always get upset that prizepools are low? No major sport has great prizepools for their championship games. The superbowl only pays each player on the winning team $100k each. Sports will always be about marketing and sponsorships and not playing for a prize.

I understand League people might feel inadequate when they compare themselves to Dota 2 TI, but that's purely groupfunded. The high prize pool and no other stable income kind of ruins the Dota esports scene since it's the only thing that matters all year long so you get weird team moves.

I understand why people care but it's still weird to me how eager people are to throw money at Riot/Valve. Like fans are literally begging them to create new and innovative ways of letting them buy more hats with a small cut going to esports. If you really have too much money burning a hole in your wallet you might as well just donate to your favorite player/team at that point...

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Very professional stuff here

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010
Just tuned. What the hell is this ?

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
That Zirene rant was loving terrible

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

RealFoxy posted:

It's interesting that everyone loves CoreJJ now that he's in the World Final's because when he was on Dignitas most people either didn't care or hated him because he wasn't QTpie

I mean let's be real that's a pretty valid reason to hate someone

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
hahahaha what the hell was that

https://oddshot.tv/shot/UzqS-JoyS-JL3Ls0hwqL_BMm

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010
What the gently caress is all this

YancyQ
Jan 18, 2008
Grimey Drawer
is anyone else going to watch on the xbox 360 experience stream?

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

I wonder if we'll see wraith at all this series. I wouldn't do it but you never know.

Also I bet Bengi goes 3-0 again.

e: cuvee has 15 solo kills at worlds?!?? wtf

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Oh man, I pray we get a Lux support out of SSG during this series. I want solo queue bot lane to be a smoking crater by the time this Worlds is done.

Sexpansion posted:

cuvee has 15 solo kills at worlds?!?? wtf

CuVee is seriously one of the best toplaners I've ever seen as far as winning the lane goes. Hiding in the bush and ambushing Impact as he came back to lane was a frankly brilliant play, and I don't think I've ever really seen anyone else do something like that.

Vermain fucked around with this message at 23:59 on Oct 29, 2016

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010
Cuvee has been a loving monster this Worlds. Maybe the player who has stepped up the most ? Or maybe just the one who has benefitted the most from the meta as an individual player.

Vermain posted:

Oh man, I pray we get a Lux support out of SSG during this series. I want solo queue bot lane to be a smoking crater by the time this Worlds is done.

You don't play Lux when you have to support ??

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.

Savage Cracker posted:

Cuvee has been a loving monster this Worlds. Maybe the player who has stepped up the most ? Or maybe just the one who has benefitted the most from the meta as an individual player.

Or one that hasn't faced a good top/jng duo yet.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Savage Cracker posted:

You don't play Lux when you have to support ??

She feels like a bit of a lame duck compared to Zyra, Vel'Koz, and Brand. Her mana costs are pretty atrocious and I never feel like I have a huge amount of kill pressure, especially pre-6. I'd actually really like to play her, but she feels strictly inferior to the other AP supports.

YancyQ
Jan 18, 2008
Grimey Drawer
the TSM chanting has begun!

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010

Vermain posted:

She feels like a bit of a lame duck compared to Zyra, Vel'Koz, and Brand. Her mana costs are pretty atrocious and I never feel like I have a huge amount of kill pressure, especially pre-6. I'd actually really like to play her, but she feels strictly inferior to the other AP supports.

She's better at kill stealing though; the most important aspect of supporting.

stump collector
May 28, 2007

Firebert posted:

That Zirene rant was loving terrible

what was it about, i just got in

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
This stage is trippy as hell

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Servaetes posted:

This stage is trippy as hell

It's legitimately a really cool opener.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
lol Zedd doesn't need 3 keyboards to press a play button

also the stadiumis empty as gently caress

do people really not give a poo poo about live league of legends at all anymore

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
Jesus this song sucks

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

Vermain posted:

It's legitimately a really cool opener.

Yeah I'll say the ignite song has stuck, I dig it. 3-1 though for SKT

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us

Teikanmi posted:

Were it SKT vs ROX as the finals I think it would be different.

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

I don't know what to put here. Guys? GUYS?!

Teikanmi posted:

I can imagine someone said "games start at 4:30" with a fan expo and etc. I wouldn't judge attendance by the pre-show music thing. If it's still poo poo in 25 minutes...

Well, that looks pretty full to me?

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Yeah, I'm not seeing huge blocks of empty seats or anything. The final SSG vs. H2K game was empty as gently caress, as you could see in that replay.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
im fakers pimples ama

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

I'm kkOma's goofy towel cape, AMA.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
God I hate Riv

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
I thought blank was the main jung this season and bengi was the sub

stump collector
May 28, 2007
rivington: "welcome to the bramble pit"

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Digital Jedi posted:

God I hate Riv

His Korean could've been worse, I guess. v:shobon:v

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
ahahahaha WTF was that

praise be to our korean overlords

sukee sunsaekichunhabnida

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

Lmao they had to teach him that line so the players wouldn't stand there awkwardly

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Vermain posted:

His Korean could've been worse, I guess. v:shobon:v

It wasn't the Korean. It was his voice when intruding the players. He was trying to go for what a announcer at a boxing match or mma fight would be like. His voice isn't right for that. Just speak normally and it would of been better.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Someone get an ambulance ready, because Faker looks like he came to kill people.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Digital Jedi posted:

It wasn't the Korean. It was his voice when intruding the players. He was trying to go for what a announcer at a boxing match or mma fight would be like. His voice isn't right for that. Just speak normally and it would of been better.

I agree. Rivington's grown on me over the years and I don't actually hate listening to him that much, but you really need to have a stronger baritone to do WWE introductions.

mistaya posted:

Someone get an ambulance ready, because Faker looks like he came to kill people.

He knows exactly what he's doing and I loving love it.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
krepo just mentioned lux, mf, zyra support as possible picks

lux

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

stump collector posted:

krepo just mentioned lux, mf, zyra support as possible picks

lux

Lux can work, but I'm extremely skeptical of her ability to win against Zyra in lane.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

Are they in little bunkers or something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stump collector
May 28, 2007
lux needs a lot of cdr and/or ap to do anything at all. maybe he's trying to help riot promote the new lux skin

• Locked thread