Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Aw man I almost wish they could have kept that secret because that would have been a HELL of a surprise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Ask me about being the best dad ever.

Holy shiiiiiiiiiii!!

:byodood:

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

I gotta say it took long enough for them to finally give Great an upgrade.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you

ImpAtom posted:

Aw man I almost wish they could have kept that secret because that would have been a HELL of a surprise.

Yeah it would have been wild, but holy molyyYYY. That's not quite what I was expecting but that is 100% a Mazinkaiser++ version of Great Mazinger. I doubt the SRW folks would let the translators do it as Genie Emperor G but the tamashii store website would lead me to believe otherwise if it's gonna be MD style crabstick translation. I don't think MD did anything as bad as that. Maybe thats why they got the "better" translators for V they mentioned in the interview thing?

All we need now is Great Borot and Borotkaiser.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

EthanSteele posted:

Borotkaiser is an extremely muscular and spiky redesign.

There are no stat changes compared to Boss Borot.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Not interested until we get Borotkaiser SKL. Then I'm down.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

ImpAtom posted:

Definitely agree. That said, I look forward to TetsuyaBlade's new (spiky) ride. Hopefully, this one doesn't involve too much Getter Ray radiation.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

EthanSteele posted:

Yeah it would have been wild, but holy molyyYYY. That's not quite what I was expecting but that is 100% a Mazinkaiser++ version of Great Mazinger. I doubt the SRW folks would let the translators do it as Genie Emperor G but the tamashii store website would lead me to believe otherwise if it's gonna be MD style crabstick translation. I don't think MD did anything as bad as that. Maybe thats why they got the "better" translators for V they mentioned in the interview thing?

That site is just machine-translated (it appears to be Google Translate, specifically); it points out its machine translation in the bottom right, though I missed it at first too. I doubt any translator has ever looked at it.

The name of the unit is, on the Japanese version of the page, Mazin Emperor G (マジンエンペラーG) and I would expect it to be called that in English.

Hell of a surprise unit, though.

Prism fucked around with this message at 05:42 on Oct 30, 2016

Hokuto
Jul 21, 2002

Soiled Meat
I know it's a bit :filez:, but would anyone happen to know if any kind of raw scans exist for the Record of ATX manga?

Sordas Volantyr
Jan 11, 2015

Now, everybody, walk like a Jekhar.

(God, these running animations are terrible.)

Schwarzwald posted:

Borotkaiser is an extremely muscular and spiky redesign.

There are no stat changes compared to Boss Borot.

Nah, nah, not no stat changes.

He has 10 extra HP and 100 extra armor.

In exchange, the ludicrously impractical armor (actually just stuck on top of the normal Borot) does the same horrible things to mobility and movement range that FA variants do to reals, but without the mobility and move to spare that reals have.

If we're feeling generous, have the Borotkaiser suit serve as ablative armor.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you

Prism posted:

That site is just machine-translated (it appears to be Google Translate, specifically); it points out its machine translation in the bottom right, though I missed it at first too. I doubt any translator has ever looked at it.

The name of the unit is, on the Japanese version of the page, Mazin Emperor G (マジンエンペラーG) and I would expect it to be called that in English.

Hell of a surprise unit, though.

Yeah I was just thinking about how machine-y MD was and if it ends up the same as the tamashii store then welcome to hell Tetsuya in the Genie Emperor G. Genie Power. Full Power.

Sordas Volantyr posted:

Nah, nah, not no stat changes.

He has 10 extra HP and 100 extra armor.

In exchange, the ludicrously impractical armor (actually just stuck on top of the normal Borot) does the same horrible things to mobility and movement range that FA variants do to reals, but without the mobility and move to spare that reals have.

If we're feeling generous, have the Borotkaiser suit serve as ablative armor.

It also doubles his repair cost as befitting such a mighty and high tier unit.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

EthanSteele posted:

There goes 20 credits that I'll never see again.

Sordas Volantyr
Jan 11, 2015

Now, everybody, walk like a Jekhar.

(God, these running animations are terrible.)

EthanSteele posted:

Oh no, 20 credits at the end of every stage gone instead of 10!

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

EthanSteele posted:

Yeah I was just thinking about how machine-y MD was and if it ends up the same as the tamashii store then welcome to hell Tetsuya in the Genie Emperor G. Genie Power. Full Power.

I didn't think MD was quite this automatic (though it was pretty bad), but I've got a preorder on V, so I guess if it Genie Emperor G I'll be one of the first to know.

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Buzzard, Who Steals From Dead Bodies

EthanSteele posted:

Hey, I watched the crabstick subs and they clearly cared about everyone's favorite robot Mokinga MAGINGAZ Tall Evil God Z.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Sweet now I can field 4 Mazingers instead of 3 :getin:

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.

Hokuto posted:

I know it's a bit :filez:, but would anyone happen to know if any kind of raw scans exist for the Record of ATX manga?

I mean, I've read translated scans, so I assume so. Lemme know if you find OG Chronicle.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
How much longer until the new SRW V info?

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Pureauthor posted:

How much longer until the new SRW V info?

20 hours and 44 minutes, give or take a half hour if they do dumb talking heads for a bit.

(There's gonna be a stream)

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

Grenkaiser when.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
Mazin Mazzin Saucer G.

Hokuto
Jul 21, 2002

Soiled Meat

HitTheTargets posted:

I mean, I've read translated scans, so I assume so. Lemme know if you find OG Chronicle.

Finally, the manga we've all been waiting for about an antagonist in V Gundam!

(kidding)

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Ask me about being the best dad ever.

Caphi posted:

Mazin Mazzin Saucer G.

Majin Squid Fin G.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you

Prism posted:

I didn't think MD was quite this automatic (though it was pretty bad), but I've got a preorder on V, so I guess if it Genie Emperor G I'll be one of the first to know.

Yeah I was just being goofy. Einst over ein makes me think someone somewhere in the process will go "Mazinger is a thing, it's Mazin not Majin/Genie"

Unless of course it turned out that Arado is actually saying Einst and its like the Irm "Big Service" thing where its actually accurate..

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

GimmickMan posted:

Grenkaiser when.

Well, there's Fewture Grendizer if that counts...(Probably not)

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

GimmickMan posted:

Grenkaiser when.

Grendizer Giga exists.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTjN6gC35t0

Shaezerus
Mar 24, 2008

God? Or perhaps a devil?
Show me which you'll choose!

GilliamYaeger posted:

Well, there's Fewture Grendizer if that counts...(Probably not)

Fewture designs always make me think of an Obari who's off his game that day.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
SRW V:

4 Originals, including a new Huckebein and new Grungust
Shin Tetsuya in with new Great Mazinger, as expected.

Release date 23rd February 2017.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhBMd4YbIzk

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
I'm glad to see the Cross Omega artist is getting work on an actual SRW game.

YEEEEES F91 IS IN WOOOOOOOO

BlitzBlast fucked around with this message at 13:32 on Oct 31, 2016

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

What a weird game. I'm excited for Great Mazinkaiser's cloak to turn into a giant sword blade.

I like the new original unit. It's got sort of a modern military look to it.

Also good to see my man Seabook back rocking the F91.

Ethiser fucked around with this message at 13:36 on Oct 31, 2016

Cheap Trick
Jan 4, 2007

Ethiser posted:

I like the new original unit. It's got sort of a modern military look to it.

Its boxy aesthetic reminds me of Virtue Gundam, which is a big plus in my book.

Original pilots looking good too.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
The animations look about on the level of Z so I really want to know more system stuff. That one completely new real robot anime, does it have a number of pilots that will suggest how big platoons will be or anything?

edit: I wonder if the Huckbein will have its black hole engine collapse problems.

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 13:56 on Oct 31, 2016

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

og huckebein yesssssssssss

also the originals in the srw4 robots are wearing the F/FF pilot suits, too

Cheap Trick
Jan 4, 2007

Thank you for this tidbit, because I don't know a lot about the earlier games.

I assume the guy at the back is holding his glasses and not, say, an egg.

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

yeah. the picture's actually missing another pair of originals for some reason, specifically lenonjayce starlord and grace urigin

for an extra mindfuck, the pink haired girl in that picture is actually ring from the OG series.

all the ff original chars have their own image/theme songs that never got implemented and ring's is reaaaaal weird considering where she ended up as a character.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ea6wHaeoQzw

i did not know that her VA was also shinji, though. that's loving hilarious.

heavybassX
Jul 27, 2016
OMG That Great Mazinkaiser looks loving sick! As if the Great Mazinger was already badass, now it has a loving cloak with a supersized sword!

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Yamato looks real good. That's my only take away!

heavybassX
Jul 27, 2016
Also... the return of Grungest and Hulkenbein in a non-OG capacity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos
I'm just real glad it was the old Huckebein art. I like it more than its future evolutions, probably because it's not so busy (something Banpresto seems to have trouble with occasionally). Old Grungust is pretty aces too.

I can't say I was expecting either of these, but I expected the Huckebein less after all they've done to get rid of base-model Huckebeins in OG games.

• Locked thread