Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

everdave posted:

I just looked up Seattle to Omaha (only Nebraska town I can think of) and leaving tomorrow that trip is $208. We can cover this right? We gotta get 14 on the road I got the first $25

poo poo yeah we can cover this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Santa Alpha, Fox One... Gifts Incoming ~~~>===|>

Soiled Meat
Happy to pitch in $25

Panaflex
Sep 28, 2001

$25 here.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

14 BAR RIFF posted:

Making this trip just cost me the Camaro, the AMX, and15 years of friendship before he spit on me leaving because I didn't want to wait until he got off work at 8 or 9 tonight to get his parts out of the back of the jeep, and then start tackling the camaro fuel pump and get it running before leaving. And if i left i better stay well loving clear of him now that I have so selfishly hosed him over by not having gotten to it because I spent months sitting on my rear end.

Oblivion beckons. All thats left is the Fury road.

So wait, what's your friend's problem?

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

Rhyno posted:

So wait, what's your friend's problem?

Never underestimate pettiness. Seriously how do we get 14 funds and on the way our time is passing us by. I donated before ready again this has to happen. I am sorry 14 but your fleet is not taking you to Valhalla. But a big rear end bus might! Let's do this

HandlingByJebus
Jun 21, 2009

All of a sudden, I found myself in love with the world, so there was only one thing I could do:
was ding a ding dang, my dang a long racecar.

It's a love affair. Mainly jebus, and my racecar.

everdave posted:

Never underestimate pettiness. Seriously how do we get 14 funds and on the way our time is passing us by. I donated before ready again this has to happen. I am sorry 14 but your fleet is not taking you to Valhalla. But a big rear end bus might! Let's do this

I'm in for $50.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
YOU GUYS ALREADY THREW MONEY AT THIS STEAMING PILE OF poo poo

Far as I know I just need to figure out a bypass for the cut out headlight wiring even if they become DRLS in the process and it drives

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
What happens if it dies on the drive?

HOW DO YOU GET REUNITED WITH THE FASTBACK IF THE JEEP DIES

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Soiled Meat

14 BAR RIFF posted:

YOU GUYS ALREADY THREW MONEY AT THIS STEAMING PILE OF poo poo

I am giving up/cutting down on booze, cigarettes and fatty food. I need SOMETHING for fucks sake. Let me live vicariously through you

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
This thing cost me a friendship even if by proxy so I don't care if I have to window the block a few times on the way as long as it can legally move forward under its own power I proceed with the ride my ticket was able to purchase

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I have found some kind of temporary sanity an d there's

poo poo

Blood

And cum

on my hands

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
:fap:

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Also, that's pretty classy, and a legendary photo.

Goonspeed.

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Soiled Meat
Goonspeed, good luck and watch out for every oval office on the road.

Panaflex
Sep 28, 2001

I think I speak for all of us, When you get there and return maybe us collective can soothe your friend and restore your relationship so the AMX and Causemaro are returned to your care. But more important your friendship restored.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this
And as he drove on, the cars broke down as he touched them, for, though he did not know it, 14 Inch was a Rust God. All he knew was that his working days were miserable and he had a succession of lousy weekends. All the cars knew was that they loved him and wanted to be near him, to cherish him, and to keep him busy.

Seriously man I think you splashed mud on a Gypsy woman when you were learning how to drive or something.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

I'm starting to be convinced that kastein and 14" are some kind of yin and yang. No matter how terrible, rusty, and shithouse, somehow Ken's jeeps run. Even when they shouldn't. Especially when they shouldn't. Meanwhile, on the other side of the country, we have a mechanic who appears to have so offended God that he has been cursed to walk the land, every vehicle he works upon breaking in more esoteric and nonsensical ways simply to force his hand and hone his craft.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

So what happens when they meet? Some kind of matter-antimatter thing?

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

Midjack posted:

So what happens when they meet?

Snake, do you think love can bloom even on a battlefield?

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 233 days!)

I'm throwing some poo poo up for sale. 'm looking for gas money for myself, but I'll be happy to throw a few bucks your way, Dave. With a 4.0, you're gonna need it (if you can get it running long enough to suck gas faster than a shotgun blast to the tank).

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

Midjack posted:

They already met. They went to the junkyard and got Justy parts.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
Check back in 14. If the Jeep is a no go let us know the details and we will get you a bus ticket. Let's do this.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

everdave posted:

Check back in 14. If the Jeep is a no go let us know the details and we will get you a bus ticket. Let's do this.

Why do I get the feeling that the update's going to be

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
We're in the pipe, 5 by 5

HandlingByJebus
Jun 21, 2009

All of a sudden, I found myself in love with the world, so there was only one thing I could do:
was ding a ding dang, my dang a long racecar.

It's a love affair. Mainly jebus, and my racecar.

14 BAR RIFF posted:

Yusssssssssssss

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

That xj has already traveled over 197000 miles over the surface of our Earth, another 1505 should be easy.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
What's with the gently caress-off huge fuel gauge?

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug

Fermented Tinal posted:

Tachometers imply street racing and are banned by AMC internal standards & practices.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
Why do I get the feeling you're not kidding?

gileadexile
Jul 20, 2012

14 BAR RIFF posted:

Dem gauges..:allears:

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

So what's that one lonely warning light for? Seat belt? :allears:

Fermented Tinal posted:

Serious answer, base model mopars put the fuel gauge in where the tach should go. If it had a tach, the fuel gauge would be on the bottom left where that lonely light is, I think.

I'm kinda surprised to see oil and voltage gauges without a tach though.

mod saas
May 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Fermented Tinal posted:

They want to remind of how terrible your mpg is.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

Midjack posted:

We went to the junkyard and almost bought a murder weapon, then bought justy parts and tried to drive a retired muni bus around the yard that they hadn't pulled the batteries from yet. Unfortunately bus driving is not something either of us have done so the vast array of switches and controls saved us from certain ejection and lifetime banning

That cluster is the mid optioned one. It has gauges for oil and temp, but no tach. Povspec XJs got dummy lamps for the oil and temp too. Well optioned ones got a small fuel gauge where that dummy lamp is (what's it for, redline? Upshift?) And a real tach.

gileadexile
Jul 20, 2012

kastein posted:

We went to the junkyard and almost bought a murder weapon, then bought justy parts and tried to drive a retired muni bus around the yard that they hadn't pulled the batteries from yet. Unfortunately bus driving is not something either of us have done so the vast array of switches and controls saved us from certain ejection and lifetime banning

That cluster is the mid optioned one. It has gauges for oil and temp, but no tach. Povspec XJs got dummy lamps for the oil and temp too. Well optioned ones got a small fuel gauge where that dummy lamp is (what's it for, redline? Upshift?) And a real tach.

I had pov gauges in my '92 XJ Sport and learned to drive stick by the shift light. Imagine my chagrin trying to transfer over to a mid '90s Tercel with a 4 speed and NO torque.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Kastein you need to get your rear end to Nebraska.

Jeherrin
Jun 7, 2012
Bye Brady

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!

Dagen H posted:

'68-'69 Ford Ranchero.

No, it's actually not. That's a full-size Chrysler/Dodge coupe. 69 or 70 ish.

edit: Yep, an image search says it's most likely a 71 Chrysler Newport coupe.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

gileadexile posted:

I had pov gauges in my '92 XJ Sport and learned to drive stick by the shift light. Imagine my chagrin trying to transfer over to a mid '90s Tercel with a 4 speed and NO torque.

I actually don't even look at the tach while driving anymore, I really only use it while diagnosing engine issues. Which makes my 88 MJ with the same exact gauge cluster really annoying to diagnose...

Rhyno posted:

Kastein you need to get your rear end to Nebraska.

I would totally be down if I had any vacation time left and wasn't married, I don't want to just run off to the middle of nowhere for fun and she's out of vacation time too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
It seems fitting just as darkness falls, I regain my lights and indicators. Final packing is done.

Mount up, Marines

• Locked thread