Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Do you still have that picture of Tony rolling up on a bike in the ghetto?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Panzeh posted:

Just a reminder that Westbrook blew a 3-1 lead in the WCF by dribbling the ball off his foot at the end of game 7. Why would you want to play with someone so shook?

The Warriors blew a 3-1 lead in the NBA Finals with more all NBA players on the roster, the only unanimous MVP in NBA history, and would have been considered the BEST TEAM OF ALL TIME if they didn't choke in games 5, 6, or 7. (Or if they didn't choke 7 different times in the last minute of game 7) They are significantly more shook. I would rather play with Westbrook because he is guaranteed to be less shook(if at all) than the Warriors.

Spacebump fucked around with this message at 20:03 on Oct 29, 2016

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Henchman of Santa posted:

Do you still have that picture of Tony rolling up on a bike in the ghetto?

Payne's BBQ with the yella slaw

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
It has been 2 games and Singler has been a positive player for the Thunder. Durant was holding him back

E: just for clarity by positive I mean not cringe worthy

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
Dejan was Singler ever OK or am I thinking of Jonas Jerebko? Probably just getting my white Pistons journeymen from 5 years ago mixed up here

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Metapod posted:

It has been 2 games and Singler has been a positive player for the Thunder. Durant was holding him back

Bet you're regretting shedding your Kraft Singler Centennial Man avatar now

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

chunkles posted:

Dejan was Singler ever OK or am I thinking of Jonas Jerebko? Probably just getting my white Pistons journeymen from 5 years ago mixed up here

Jonas Jerebko was literally the best player on the team one season. Singler was never good.

Also neither are journeymen. They're both on their second teams.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Redgrendel2001 posted:

Noel is never going to play another game for the Sixers.

https://twitter.com/KyleNeubeck/status/792171909383385088

He gone

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
at least we'll always have that video clip of anthony davis naked on the locker room floor giggling as his teammates spank him

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Whatever happened to Noah Vonleh, he's like the only person I never hear of from the '14 draft

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Tae posted:

Whatever happened to Noah Vonleh, he's like the only person I never hear of from the '14 draft

Got traded to Portland and is bad

Criminal Minded
Jan 4, 2005

Spring break forever

Tae posted:

He plays for Portland which might as well be NBA Bermuda Triangle, I always forget they even exist

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream
http://www.businessinsider.com/yao-ming-photos-2016-10

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Got traded to Portland and is bad

His transition to small forward has gone well for two games!

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

Metapod posted:

his hair is still cringe worthy tho

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
Respect Kraft Singler

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004
Embiid through 37 minutes of NBA play

34 points
9 rebounds
4 blocks

44% FG
50% 3PT
83% FT

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

chunkles posted:

He started for the Pistons and was a net positive player, he shot well, he handled the ball, he facilitated a little. He's just not meant to be a spot up shooter. Jerebko was great as a piston and tore his acl, then stan traded him for nothing and now hes good for celtics. He was definitely the most athletic white in the NBA aside from Aaron Gordon or Blake Griffin

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

aBagorn posted:

Embiid through 37 minutes of NBA play

34 points
9 rebounds
4 blocks

44% FG
50% 3PT
83% FT

Against Steven Adams and Dwight

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

euphronius posted:

Against Steven Adams and Dwight

One of those players is good.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

a new study bible! posted:

One of those players is good.
Steven Adams isn't terrible though

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man

Tae posted:

Who would have thought a non rim protecting midrange shooting PF would turn out to be useless.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

Jonas Jerebko was literally the best player on the team one season. Singler was never good.

Also neither are journeymen. They're both on their second teams.

My bad, I'm doing pushups and reading Zach Lowe articles as penance

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring

Papercut posted:

His transition to small forward has gone well for two games!

I saw him hit a 3-pointer the other night and immediately fired an e-mail to League Pass customer support, because something was definitely broken.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

straight up brolic posted:

Physically he's the kind of guy that could body Embiid

However, as Joel noted, he can't guard him

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Adams is good the gently caress is this poo poo

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

chunkles posted:

My bad, I'm doing pushups and reading Zach Lowe articles as penance

You have to 5 reps for every team Ish Smith has played on as punishment for journeyman misidentification.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

dokmo posted:

Who would have thought a non rim protecting midrange shooting PF would turn out to be useless.

I remember being so mad when the Kings passed on him for NIK. Guess we were screwed either way

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
https://twitter.com/thefishnation/status/792487015937937408

WITH THE HOPS

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

The rare 50+ point triple double:

code:
Player			Date	PTS/REB/AST
Elgin Baylor 	    12/13/61	52/25/10
Richie Guerin 	     2/25/62 	50/11/13
Elgin Baylor        12/15/62 	50/15/11
Wilt Chamberlain     2/13/63 	51/29/11
Wilt Chamberlain     3/18/68 	53/32/14
Kareem Abdul-Jabbar  1/19/75 	50/15/11
Russell Westbrook   10/28/16 	51/13/10

Niwrad posted:

Does KD think people are giving him poo poo for not working hard enough? I thought it was for being a bitch and joining the team that beat him in the playoffs.

If he reads everything then he's got hundreds of faults that the Internet says he must fix ASAP.

GmSc of 39.7+ in back to back games. Only Michael Jordan, David Robinson, Charles Barkley and Antawn Jamison have done that since 1984.

Lockback posted:

I would way rather be in the 76ers shoes than the Suns, probably more than Orlando.

Charlotte looks like they'll be a decent enough playoff team but probably never a contender

so it depends on how you'd value that.

"Probably never a contender" does cover 85-90% of teams in a given year. Even if we open it up to a five or ten year interval going forward/backward it still covers the vast majority of the league.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

dokmo posted:

Yeah, he's turned out about as good as I thought he'd be. A lot of scouts really believed he'd develop three point range in the pros, though.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

Vonleh still seems like he could become useful

Rick posted:

Yeah, he's turned out about as good as I thought he'd be. A lot of scouts really believed he'd develop three point range in the pros, though.

He's 21 and is shooting 3s this year.

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring

Zogo posted:

GmSc of 39.7+ in back to back games. Only Michael Jordan, David Robinson, Charles Barkley and Antawn Jamison have done that since 1984.

Yeah, baby! And I'm not even kidding. Antawn was great, one of my favorite Warriors.

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The importance of this mission cannot be overemphasized

dokmo posted:

But enough about the Spurs signing Pau...

You have to 5 reps for every team Ish Smith has played on as punishment for journeyman misidentification.

I'd have thought NBA posters would be anti capital punishment.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

tanglewood1420 posted:

But enough about the Spurs signing Pau...

I'd have thought NBA posters would be anti capital punishment.

Yeah Mike D'Antonni, Pau Gasol is only a midrange shooting PF and there's no other aspects to his game.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

https://twitter.com/SynergySST/status/792366901791903744

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

would you rather be a zeller or a plumlee?

The Piper
Feb 18, 2007

Step right up and greet the Mets
might be the wrong thread for this but does anyone know if NBA Leaguepass allows for concurrent log-ins? Looking to split the cost with a friend. We're in the same time zone and both root for east coast teams so we'll definitely be watching at the same time some nights.

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

This is why I give KD a total pass.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies

would you rather be a zeller or a plumlee?

How is this a question? None of the Zellers went to Duke.

• Locked thread