Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

I get insomnia sometimes and all of this stuff is convincing me not to ever ask for ambien for it. I'd rather not find out in the morning that I did a bunch of borderline TCC stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chemosh6969
Jul 3, 2004

code:
cat /dev/null > /etc/professionalism

I am in fact a massive asswagon.
Do not let me touch computer.
I'm scared to try ambien because I do a lot of lucid dreaming. I'd probably wake up in jail.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
A friend woke up sleeping on his living room floor, his retardedly heavy mid-2000s rear projection TV moved, his oven stinking of urine and his wife locked in the bedroom with the pets.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
I listened to a guy who lives in the barracks at Bragg tell an Ambien story once. Apparently while he was asleep he took several more, packed a ruck, and woke up wandering through Area J at four in the morning on a Saturday. He was scared to tell his doctor about any of it because he was afraid the doc would narc on him for abusing the Ambien since he took extra while he was unconscious.

I never had anything crazy like that happen when I took Ambien, thank god.

lightpole
Jun 4, 2004
I think that MBAs are useful, in case you are looking for an answer to the question of "Is lightpole a total fucking idiot".

Internet Wizard posted:

What do you even do on the weekend if you can't brunch?

Pay full price for mimosas like a chump instead of the bottomless option.

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost

Proud Christian Mom posted:

A friend woke up sleeping on his living room floor, his retardedly heavy mid-2000s rear projection TV moved, his oven stinking of urine and his wife locked in the bedroom with the pets.

That sounds like that TCC story where the guy woke up to find his wife locked in the bathroom and armed with a kitchen knife because he took a bunch of DMT and punched his wife in the back of the head to prove that he "wasn't real" or something like that.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

There was a guy on Reddit that just had his mom accidentally use his cannibutter for the family meal. That didn't turn out well.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

I have really hosed up dreams and have woken up from nightmares fully prepared to kill people before. I would never trust myself on anything like ambien because I'm terrified I'd severely hurt someone.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Soulex posted:

There was a guy on Reddit that just had his mom accidentally use his cannibutter for the family meal. That didn't turn out well.

http://www.refinery29.com/2016/10/127980/reddit-weed-butter-chicken-high-family-reactions

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

When I got with the woman I am with I ceased needing Ambien when she is around, but before that I would wake up with dirty voicemails/messages from chicks I knew (mostly married chicks, weirdly enough) that I would send terribly typed messages to that amounted to, "Just took Ambien and drank some whiskey. I won't remember this in the morning, so what's up with your fine rear end? Why aren't you sitting on my face?" It didn't work all the time, but it worked statistically enough that I kept doing it.
I also asked a chick out, she agreed and then got mad that I didn't text to confirm our date that I didn't remember. Single Ambien was good times. The woman I am with now said she won't get mad if she finds out I Ambien texted on the rare occasions I take it, so long as I tell her and don't follow through. That seems like a terrible idea though.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Soulex posted:

I had never heard of this substance, so I automatically assumed he had made butter from the fat of fellow humans.

I need to get off the Internet. :(

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

its loving weed butter

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Casimir Radon posted:

I get insomnia sometimes and all of this stuff is convincing me not to ever ask for ambien for it. I'd rather not find out in the morning that I did a bunch of borderline TCC stuff.

I loving love ambien. Only hallucinated once, when I forced myself to stay awake. I don't remember what was going on in my head, but I spent probably an hour staring at the back of my hand and at the sheet I was using as a curtain around my bunk.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

I learned that I have to either drink or take a bunch of benadryl to help the Ambien kick in. Otherwise, I spend all night hosed up feeling like the room is drifting, or taking like, 30 mg trying to get to sleep.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

I listen to audiobooks of books I've read before.

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

Reverand maynard posted:

I listen to audiobooks of books I've read before.

This + melatonin + timing the comedown from the caffeine I take to get through the day.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

I tried everything I could think of and everything I was advised to do. I even cut out caffeine, and Ambien wasn't putting me to sleep. Once I was asleep, I was good, but to get to sleep...
I found that like 12-14 benadryl taken with it puts me out after about 20 minutes of feeling loving great.
To put it a bit in perspective, I am a big fat gently caress (6'2" and 260). My doc's response to this regime was, "That's not ideal, but it has no long term effects provided that it isn't every night."

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

bulletsponge13 posted:

I tried everything I could think of and everything I was advised to do. I even cut out caffeine, and Ambien wasn't putting me to sleep. Once I was asleep, I was good, but to get to sleep...
I found that like 12-14 benadryl taken with it puts me out after about 20 minutes of feeling loving great.
To put it a bit in perspective, I am a big fat gently caress (6'2" and 260). My doc's response to this regime was, "That's not ideal, but it has no long term effects provided that it isn't every night."

your doctor sounds like he knows his stuff and deserves to keep his license to practice medicine

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Am I correct in my assumption, you fish-faced enemy of the people?
Cumulative Use of Strong Anticholinergics and Incident Dementia

quote:

Results The most common anticholinergic classes used were tricyclic antidepressants, first-generation antihistamines, and bladder antimuscarinics. During a mean follow-up of 7.3 years, 797 participants (23.2%) developed dementia (637 of these [79.9%] developed Alzheimer disease). A 10-year cumulative dose-response relationship was observed for dementia and Alzheimer disease (test for trend, P < .001). For dementia, adjusted hazard ratios for cumulative anticholinergic use compared with nonuse were 0.92 (95% CI, 0.74-1.16) for TSDDs of 1 to 90; 1.19 (95% CI, 0.94-1.51) for TSDDs of 91 to 365; 1.23 (95% CI, 0.94-1.62) for TSDDs of 366 to 1095; and 1.54 (95% CI, 1.21-1.96) for TSDDs greater than 1095. A similar pattern of results was noted for Alzheimer disease. Results were robust in secondary, sensitivity, and post hoc analyses.

That was a great study to read after a couple years of hammering down 200mg+ diphenhydramine every night.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
hmm all these idiot sleep remedies really have me wondering why it is I slumber so peacefully.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Jesus loving christ dudes dont take ambien and 12-14 benadryl

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Internet Wizard posted:

This + melatonin + timing the comedown from the caffeine I take to get through the day.

Pretty much what I do, too. No more caffeine after 530pm on Weekdays and a melatonin pill by 8:30 seems to work

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.
I'm one of those freaks who can pass out like an hour after a cup of coffee or a line with no problem

It's falling asleep on a weeknight when I need a full eight hours before a long day that kills me, though

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Like I said, I don't need to do it it anymore.
And the Doc was a VA doc. Who cares? I'm going to die at 35 anyway. :-)
No, seriously, I know it wasn't ideal, but after several days with little to no sleep at a time, you get desperate, and it was the only thing I found that worked without side effects that made life unbearable.
If Ambien doesn't work for someone, and they still need a sleep aid, try Lunesta. It worked better for me, but the side effects got to be too much.

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

Zeris posted:

I'm one of those freaks who can pass out like an hour after a cup of coffee or a line with no problem

It's falling asleep on a weeknight when I need a full eight hours before a long day that kills me, though

Same.

When we would be doing back to back flights at night I'd slam a coffee at the FBO, get into the plane and sleep sleep for 2 hours. Waking up I would feel like I got a solid 6-8.

And then in 12 hours I'd be exhausted and feel like I got hit by a train...

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

bulletsponge13 posted:

The gently caress, dude?! Dunno if you're taking the 25 or 50 mg Benadryl but that seems to be enough to cross into serious deliriant territory. When I flew to the U.K. for a family vacation like 12 years ago, I took like 4 25 mg Benadryl with a whiskey on the plane, proceeded to write a love letter to my best female friend, cried watching Hidalgo and then woke up convinced that the sunrise was actually the Northern Lights and that my parents had pulled a bait and switch on my sister and I and that we were actually going to the Arctic. Mind you I don't remember any of this, but my sister does because I apparently made her proofread the letter, sobbed about the brave horsey to her, and then wouldn't shut the gently caress up about polar bears.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

I assume the VA doc was speaking in relative terms, as far as drug abuse goes.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

suboptimal posted:

The gently caress, dude?! Dunno if you're taking the 25 or 50 mg Benadryl but that seems to be enough to cross into serious deliriant territory. When I flew to the U.K. for a family vacation like 12 years ago, I took like 4 25 mg Benadryl with a whiskey on the plane, proceeded to write a love letter to my best female friend, cried watching Hidalgo and then woke up convinced that the sunrise was actually the Northern Lights and that my parents had pulled a bait and switch on my sister and I and that we were actually going to the Arctic. Mind you I don't remember any of this, but my sister does because I apparently made her proofread the letter, sobbed about the brave horsey to her, and then wouldn't shut the gently caress up about polar bears.

This is my favorite post in the last 10 pages.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Lets Talk About Liver Damage!

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
Not that I want to seem like I'm cramping anyone's style but you should probably not pop pills like they're coming out of a loving pez dispenser

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

Proud Christian Mom posted:

Not that I want to seem like I'm cramping anyone's style

Too late, captain buzzkill

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

suboptimal posted:

Hahhahah goddamn. Also post av combo

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

They were 25mg. I would just feel super drunk, a little shaken, and then tired.

Kaliber
Jun 17, 2005

I was just reading a NCO that use to be in my company's anti vax post on FB. Then I found this gem from an old soldier of mine who's a recruiter now.

"Bro, I'm on your side for sure. (Beware) I don't vaccinate my children because of the lack of actual studies done on vaccines and big pharma covering up data groups that are not favorable to there statistics. My children will not receive the MMR vaccine because of that and that it IS linked to autism
Like · Reply · 1 · 6 hrs"

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Hope he's saving up for a small coffin.

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

LingcodKilla posted:

Hope he's saving up for a small coffin.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Reply with just that image.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
The only downside to vaccinations is that if you're like me and get an immigration physical and don't have your immunization records on hand then you get them all at once. 15 minutes later and running a fever that had me bed ridden for just over 48 hours and feeling hosed up for about a week after that.

The upside being not dying from poo poo that killed people in the dark ages.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

People who don't vaccinate their kids deserve to have them taken away. I was talking to my doc with my wife about giving our kids the vaccine and she mentioned that a kid had died earlier that day.

A kid.

Died

From the loving FLU. A seasonal goddamn thing that a simple vaccine fixes. That's not even counting the real big hitters like pertussis and measles. They were the third that week. At Madigan.

You're an adult, do what you want, but don't force your bullshit "there is proof" crap. No there isn't. No loving link to autism. And potentially killing your kids is stupid. Same with the faith healers "God will heal them if they are to be saved." Or maybe your god sent a bunch of goddamn doctors with technology to save your kid and you are too evangelical to see through that poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

not caring here posted:

The only downside to vaccinations is that if you're like me and get an immigration physical and don't have your immunization records on hand then you get them all at once. 15 minutes later and running a fever that had me bed ridden for just over 48 hours and feeling hosed up for about a week after that.

The upside being not dying from poo poo that killed people in the dark ages.

OCS medical indoc was fun; they tell you to bring your immunization record, don't bother actually looking at your immunization record, and are like "oh poo poo, you need everything." *INJECT INJECT INJECT*

Of course, you're also getting whatever virus is making the rounds at the same time, so it's hard to tell what's a result of the vaccines and what's a result of just getting regularly sick.