Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
I just spent all my money on Vidal which I think by anyone's standards is a solid upgrade over Alonso or Bender, dunno who I'm saving up for now

Maybe I'll try IF Modeste, I've been using Raffael and Coman on 7 chem and doing okay-ish.

I've been doing better at crossing since I've trained myself out of doing too much power, I was used to doing far post poo poo from before but now if you cross past like the penalty spot it basically gets nabbed by the keeper every time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?
I just got this on PC. Are there PC Parmos?

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
PC parmos exists, sort of.

Join us on the discord channel - https://discord.gg/ZbXHsu6

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
I think my prediction about late in the week tournaments for weekend league entry was correct, I got around to playing it today and qualified on my first try and I still haven't even made division 2, it was nothing but lovely players since the good ones all qualified already

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
The discrepancy between OVR and actual player stats\performance in 17 is probably the worst it's ever been (for regular cards, IFs have always had arbitrary OVRs), Lacazette is a poo poo card that plays a lot worse than Menez (shorter, worse dribbling, worse weakfoot), his only advantage is +5 finishing and that's nearly meaningless cause with Menez you'll get into way better positions and shoot well with both feet. Don't buy, imo. I switched to a 41212 and use Ben Yedder alongside Menez, another awesome striker who only goes for 850 coins.

Yet another player who is all in all underwhelming despite his high OVR is matuidi, short, poo poo passing, 2*\2*, isn't particularly strong and has really poor dribbling; Dabo honestly just performs so much better. It looks like Kante might be good but he'll screw my chemistry.

As for players who are actually worth it, Thiago Silva is really great in this, I pair him up with Kamil Glik IF (which I bought for like 28k) who is also very good, a touch slow but it matters less this year, particularly for tall\strong defenders.

Ben Arfa is still just about the best player in the game though, really recommend buying him.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
IF Immobile fwiggin' rules.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Think I'm gonna save and get The Seltzer Special (IF Modeste) as my next dude, i realized that I'm using Raffael and most of what I'm paying for is his dribbling and 4* skills but since dribbling is trash this year I'm basically paying for stuff that doesn't really help.

Slow players with good dribbling and not much else to offer in the way of offense seem basically like a really bad deal since you can't really get around people on the dribble very well at all even if you're good

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Menschliches! Allzumenschliches!!
kante is probably the best interceptor i've used this year but he's a loving midget and will never win aerial battles

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
Yeah all it's all anecdotes but whenever I play against Kante he's a pest. One of the few player who can actually intercept the ball this year. He's definitely the pricier Ramires replacement,

emanresu tnuocca posted:

The discrepancy between OVR and actual player stats\performance in 17 is probably the worst it's ever been

Bummer to hear lacazette isn't very good, he was awesome the past two years. You definitely do need to dig deep into the stats and find which ones are important to you. For instance I just got rid of IF Immobile for 25k and picked up IF Kalinic for 12k and Kalinic is way better. If you just looked at the face stats they'd seem about equal but Kalinic has way more stats that I prefer and plays much better. For instance they both have 85 shooting but I prioritize positioning + finishing, then shot power, then everything else is secondary (I rarely take long shots with my strikers if they're in a one striker formation and I couldn't give a gently caress about penalties). Kalinic's stats are 96 positioning, 91 finishing, 82 shot power. Immobile is 83, 87, 89. He's doens't make near as good runs and isn't as clinical. He could definitely do more damage from range but that's not what I'm after. Kalinic offers better physical attributes and passing for worse pace and dribbling (which is a fine trade off for a target man). But since Kalinics shooting and physical stats are so good I just put engine on (+pac, pas, dri) and he's very very good. I'm dribbling through defenses with ease now somehow (even better than when I had sniper on Immobile). Give him a try if you have a serie A team. Elite run making and finishing for 12k is a steal. I actually don't put stay central on him like I do most solo forwards because his runs are good enough that he doesn't get out of place.

Also if Matuidi let you down give Verratti a try. He's a similar make of player but with elite dribbling and playmaking to make up for getting bullied sometimes. He was a standout for me last year.

Seltzer fucked around with this message at 20:43 on Oct 28, 2016

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Seltzer posted:

Yeah all it's all anecdotes but whenever I play against Kante he's a pest. One of the few player who can actually intercept the ball this year. He's definitely the pricier Ramires replacement,

Bummer to hear lacazette isn't very good, he was awesome the past two years. You definitely do need to dig deep into the stats and find which ones are important to you. For instance I just got rid of IF Immobile for 25k and picked up IF Kalinic for 12k and Kalinic is way better. If you just looked at the face stats they'd seem about equal but Kalinic has way more stats that I prefer and plays much better. For instance they both have 85 shooting but I prioritize positioning + finishing, then shot power, then everything else is secondary (I rarely take long shots with my strikers if they're in a one striker formation and I couldn't give a gently caress about penalties). Kalinic's stats are 96 positioning, 91 finishing, 82 shot power. Immobile is 83, 87, 89. He's doens't make near as good runs and isn't as clinical. He could definitely do more damage from range but that's not what I'm after. Kalinic offers better physical attributes and passing for worse pace and dribbling (which is a fine trade off for a target man). But since Kalinics shooting and physical stats are so good I just put engine on (+pac, pas, dri) and he's very very good. I'm dribbling through defenses with ease now somehow (even better than when I has sniper on Immobile). Give him a try if you have a serie A team. Elite run making and finishing for 12k is a steal. I actually don't put stay central on him like I do most solo forwards because his runs are good enough that he doesn't get out of place.

Also if Matuidi let you down give Verratti a try. He's a similar make of player but with elite dribbling and playmaking to make up for getting bullied sometimes. He was a standout for me last year.

Kalinic does look pretty good, I'm using Jovetic now who's been pretty good for me but I'm annoyed with his tendency to gently caress off and do other stuff aside from score goals.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

For the record I use get in behind and press the back line on Kalinic otherwise he can drop back more than i'd like with his workrates. Doesn't matter much though in the 4411 I have because you should be using a CF who can score.

Filthee Fingas
Jan 5, 2004
It's great being left handed..you can jerk off and still keep the mouse on the right side of the keyboard
Part of me feels bad for people paying that much but I'm so glad I nailed that Birmingham v. Villa MM. bought about 50 players 2 weeks ago. Already up 150k

https://m.imgur.com/BArJ7At

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches

DoctaFun posted:

So I'm going all in(in a most likely ill-advised way) on the Spartak/CSKA matchup for next weekend. I am banking on there not being a gold requirement and snapping up all the Milanov cards I can. He's a rare silver that can be had for ~400 coins if you catch the right auctions(I think I paid 450-500 on a few BINs).

There's currently like 12 of his cards on the market total(I have about 14 in my trade pile). Anyone want to get in on this? It's fairly low risk with there being so few cards available, looking at a 5-7k investment(will probably be able to get back 3-4k if he's not SBC worthy).

If he's a useable card in the SBC, judging from the past SBCs, he should be able to sell for a couple k I'd think(if we truly control the market though we might be able to sell for 5k+). I know in the Korean challenge there were bronze players selling for 10k.

I didn't really pick him in the most sophisticated way unfortunately, there are a couple cheap gold CAMs on both teams, so it might be a bust, but there are just so few of the Milanov card out there that I think it might work.There were tons of Korean players whose prices shot up to crazy amounts even though there were a lot of options at most positions.

Edit: forgot to mention, I would have grabbed all the other available cards but my transfer pile is full since I only have the 70 spot transfer list.

you let me down

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Apparently a bunch of people got banned this week for coin selling/buying because of buying/selling lovely bronzes and silvers for 10k. That was the way that coin sellers used to move coins but apparently, EA introduced SBCs, something that they have to have known would cause this sort of buying and selling, but they didn't change their algorithm for finding "cheaters". Also I managed to complete that one SBC needing just one birmingham player for 2.5k and packed.........................

http://www.futhead.com/17/players/50643/carlos-izquierdoz/

I can't complain though. I'm way up on packs from sbcs this year. OTW Mane, Mahrez, Sterling at the beginning of the game etc.

e- also yea sbcs have always let you use golds if a team has them, silvers are not always allowed. Hope you didn't get burned too bad.

e2- I'm gonna hold onto that lovely IF because his sell price is the same as discarding him and I would not put it past EA to have a squad builder where a first owner IF was required to spur a massive pack buying and print money.

Seltzer fucked around with this message at 21:08 on Oct 28, 2016

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Seltzer posted:

Bummer to hear lacazette isn't very good, he was awesome the past two years. You definitely do need to dig deep into the stats and find which ones are important to you. For instance I just got rid of IF Immobile for 25k and picked up IF Kalinic for 12k and Kalinic is way better. If you just looked at the face stats they'd seem about equal but Kalinic has way more stats that I prefer and plays much better. For instance they both have 85 shooting but I prioritize positioning + finishing, then shot power, then everything else is secondary (I rarely take long shots with my strikers if they're in a one striker formation and I couldn't give a gently caress about penalties). Kalinic's stats are 96 positioning, 91 finishing, 82 shot power. Immobile is 83, 87, 89. He's doens't make near as good runs and isn't as clinical. He could definitely do more damage from range but that's not what I'm after. Kalinic offers better physical attributes and passing for worse pace and dribbling (which is a fine trade off for a target man). But since Kalinics shooting and physical stats are so good I just put engine on (+pac, pas, dri) and he's very very good. I'm dribbling through defenses with ease now somehow (even better than when I had sniper on Immobile). Give him a try if you have a serie A team. Elite run making and finishing for 12k is a steal. I actually don't put stay central on him like I do most solo forwards because his runs are good enough that he doesn't get out of place.

Re: ST Long shots, I don't usually do them either although there are situations this year because defenders have free reign to pull you down from behind that sometimes you sort of get behind them but they are closing in you from behind and the best you can do is just go ahead and rip one, that's pretty much the only circumstance where I fire a long shot with a striker and yeah it's pretty rare

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Ok Seltzer, I sold my OTW Giuliano so I could afford IF Modeste, if this guy doesn't score like 5 goals a game I'm comin for you!!

(I was just holding onto Giuliano for sentimental reasons anyway, he's the first IF I packed this year so I hated to get rid of him but I mean I was only using him as a sub and even then not every game so it was kind of a waste)

By the way if anyone cares to watch I think my connection is good enough to stream without lagging now that I have the powerline ethernet thing so I might stream my weekend league matches this month. It'll mostly be so I can easily look over them later for mistakes but if anyone wants to watch me flail around trying to beat 22 wins I'll be on, channel is at http://twitch.tv/stefanprodan

Stefan Prodan fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Oct 28, 2016

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Well I played my first 5 weekend league matches with IF Modeste at striker making his debut and so far he has 4 goals and 2 assists, so over 5 games, uh, I'll allow it :stare:

Blimpkin
Dec 28, 2003
ATTN: PS4 Parmos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2_jG79vJ0M

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

:perfect:

Blimpkin
Dec 28, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BERQ8nSEHIc

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer
These are the best, I hope someday I do something good enough to appear in them

Blimpkin
Dec 28, 2003

Stefan Prodan posted:

These are the best, I hope someday I do something good enough to appear in them

You've set up most of these.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

I bought Halloween Akinfenwa because I like trashing people with odd/low level cards and teams. I built a standard EPL squad around him though (walcott LW naturally). I got him today because I think most of the halloween cards are actually at their lowest now as everyone undercut eachother majorly yesterday and today. He was 100-150k all week and I got him today for 75k. I know he's bronze but I only see the card increasing in the future because of the novelty. I got the halloween sneijder card as well for 40k, I might lose a little on that one but I thought he would be fun to use this weekend in a false 9. I'm gonna do the big man dance on everybody and rack up some rage quits.

Seltzer fucked around with this message at 01:19 on Oct 30, 2016

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Played most of my games today and I'm 15-13 so far. Was hoping to do better this time but it's still pretty possible to get 22 wins and gold 2 again which is like I dunno at least 200k worth of stuff

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Stefan Prodan posted:

Played most of my games today and I'm 15-13 so far. Was hoping to do better this time but it's still pretty possible to get 22 wins and gold 2 again which is like I dunno at least 200k worth of stuff

I'm taking it easy this weekend and just going for 8 wins, which will get me silver 3 or whatever for the week which is fine but will more crucially put me in silver for the month. So far its going pretty well and having a lower target as a goal in terms of number of games to play makes it a lot less stressful.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Yeah last weekend I didn't even play at all so I wanted to get another shot at fabulous prizes

I'm at least scoring more than I was but not reliably enough, so I'm hoping I can keep getting better because I really want to get to elite at least once

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
Apparently monthly rewards are at least one limited edition totw player from the entire month for everyone who met the minimum games requirement (20 games or so, probably)? and probably a bunch of other poo poo too.

The top tier players get a pack that has 44 limited edition totw players from the month and a legend (on xbox, obviously), which is pretty insane considering they've been getting 11 every week anyway.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer
That's fine with me, I'm fine with them making it so that if you are unequivocally great at the game you will get insanely good players without having to spend anything

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Stefan Prodan posted:

That's fine with me, I'm fine with them making it so that if you are unequivocally great at the game you will get insanely good players without having to spend anything

Yeah, same, and if the monthly players are tradeable in addition to all the weekly ones it'll help keep inform prices low I think.

I'm eagerly anticipating my one potential inform being striker ronaldo, myself.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Stefan Prodan posted:

Well I played my first 5 weekend league matches with IF Modeste at striker making his debut and so far he has 4 goals and 2 assists, so over 5 games, uh, I'll allow it :stare:
I bought him a few days ago. The guy is amazing.

IF Modeste and IF Immobile are by far my favorite players so far this year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KcoOBlBOFEg&t=41s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sc8m5r_vVe4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5jZMXoQHwBk&t=16s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68DPEZ1Fumg&t=44s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5qib5Em_Sc&t=44s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nc2CuBDpMGk&t=41s

Tzen fucked around with this message at 07:03 on Oct 30, 2016

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

My current squads,

I'm not sure who to save up for next. Considering Dani Alves. Any suggestions?

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer
What's so good about Sanches and why is he so expensive? He seems to have a decent balance of stats but he doesn't seem great at any one thing. Is he just a really strong all-around CM? I can't imagine I'd ever want him in for CAM or CDM over the people I have now (Calhanoglu and Vidal)

I recommend replacing Sokratis or Toprak with Naldo, given how good headers are this year. It's basically impossible to score with corners again but he's awesome at clearing headers defensively

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Stefan Prodan posted:

What's so good about Sanches and why is he so expensive? He seems to have a decent balance of stats but he doesn't seem great at any one thing. Is he just a really strong all-around CM? I can't imagine I'd ever want him in for CAM or CDM over the people I have now (Calhanoglu and Vidal)

I recommend replacing Sokratis or Toprak with Naldo, given how good headers are this year. It's basically impossible to score with corners again but he's awesome at clearing headers defensively
Yeah he's overall an amazing CM. He's everywhere. He has 93 stamina and it shows. In attack he's pushing forward, in defense he's providing cover or assisting on a tackle.

His stamina/aggression/interceptions/reactions/agility really make up for all his shortcomings on the other stats. His lower stats don't show at all in-game. All around a solid solid CM that makes his presence felt in every game I've played with him.

I think his price has to do with the Euros and his OTW card. He's well worth the 13k or so I paid for him.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
Spoiler alert Perisic is the best drat player in the game for like the 4th year running.

Crossing fingers for another cheap CAM or CF card so I can run him at striker on full chem, but I'm using him at LF in a 4321 and he just crushes.
His long shots in particular are borderline gamebreaking.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Ended up 20-14, ran out of time because I have a friend coming over in a few mins to hang out and watch football

So my record is getting a bit better, aiming for like really getting 26 wins next time for that Gold 1 pack which seems pretty nice

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

I'm 6-2 right now. Going to hit 8 then stop. Busy again. 8 will get me silver for the month. I wish I had more time to play this because my record has been pretty good. Haloween Akinfenwa is a lot of fun. He does somehow feel noticeably stronger than players like Modeste. He has a weird trait that I haven't seen on many strikers which is "backs into player". It's actually really cool he often stops his runs to back down a player to receive a ball which can be good or bad. It means less options to pick out a through ball but he allows an outlet to pass around the box that a lot of strikers don't and his shield the ball doesn't get broken with his strength and balance. Also for some reason he wins like 90% of headers from kick off despite being 5'10. I think the backs into player has something to do with it. It'll be a bummer when the boosts go because with the 80 pace he's crazy. Not better than IF Modeste or anything but he provides a really fun and different way of playing.

Halloween Sneijder is the best CAM/CF I've used however. Best shooting I've used yet, 5* weakfoot, and he now has 80 strength which was always one of his big weaknesses. I have him in a false 9 and he's doing awesome with super average players around him. Both cards are up from when they bought them so I hope I don't lose coins despite there being a risk. Even if I lose 10-30k or whatever it's worth it to try out these cards imo.

Did no one else pick any up?

Seltzer fucked around with this message at 18:32 on Oct 30, 2016

Filthee Fingas
Jan 5, 2004
It's great being left handed..you can jerk off and still keep the mouse on the right side of the keyboard

Seltzer posted:

I'm 6-2 right now. Going to hit 8 then stop. Busy again. 8 will get me silver for the month. I wish I had more time to play this because my record has been pretty good. Haloween Akinfenwa is a lot of fun. He does somehow feel noticeably stronger than players like Modeste. He has a weird trait that I haven't seen on many strikers which is "backs into player". It's actually really cool he often stops his runs to back down a player to receive a ball which can be good or bad. It means less options to pick out a through ball but he allows an outlet to pass around the box that a lot of strikers don't and his shield the ball doesn't get broken with his strength and balance. Also for some reason he wins like 90% of headers from kick off despite being 5'10. I think the backs into player has something to do with it. It'll be a bummer when the boosts go because with the 80 pace he's crazy. Not better than IF Modeste or anything but he provides a really fun and different way of playing.

Halloween Sneijder is the best CAM/CF I've used however. Best shooting I've used yet, 5* weakfoot, and he now has 80 strength which was always one of his big weaknesses. I have him in a false 9 and he's doing awesome with super average players around him. Both cards are up from when they bought them so I hope I don't lose coins despite there being a risk. Even if I lose 10-30k or whatever it's worth it to try out these cards imo.

Did no one else pick any up?

He's the reason why I stocked up on a full catalog of superlig players from each team. Just waiting for them to do a SBC league for Sneijder.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Filthee Fingas posted:

He's the reason why I stocked up on a full catalog of superlig players from each team. Just waiting for them to do a SBC league for Sneijder.

Well I would try the halloween version while you still can! Out of all the cards I think his will drop the least because it was already very lowly priced and he doesn't have another IF/is the best CAM in the superlig.

e- Went 8-3. I'm done for the day but EA actually added another day because of server issues last night so maybe I'll get some more games in later. Also anyone who does park the bus + counter attack for 120 mins and loses on penalties should be banned from online play for a month

Seltzer fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Oct 30, 2016

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Seltzer posted:

Well I would try the halloween version while you still can! Out of all the cards I think his will drop the least because it was already very lowly priced and he doesn't have another IF/is the best CAM in the superlig.

e- Went 8-3. I'm done for the day but EA actually added another day because of server issues last night so maybe I'll get some more games in later. Also anyone who does park the bus + counter attack for 120 mins and loses on penalties should be banned from online play for a month

They added more time? Interesting, although I hit 8 wins as well which got my silver for the month and a decent reward for the week as well, and am feeling pretty happy about my run. Went 8-4, won a bunch of close games instead of losing them like last week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Modeste hat trick, sell sell sell.

• Locked thread