Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was your favorite Titan from Titanfall 1?
gundam
megatron
that russian robot from pacific rim
goku
View Results

Arianya
Nov 3, 2009

Sultan Tarquin posted:

Factions don't really *do* anything except change the announcer and who's in the ship at the beginning. They also have different banner cards but why would anyone choose anything but apex predators? :shrug:

Blisk is just bettah.

e: The only screenshot I've taken so far. I'm so so sorry my sweet robot boy :ohdear:

I mean, you're a kinder soul then I am, I just shot him from across the room and took it from his cold dead hands.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Factions some completely pointless, I wonder if since a common complaint around TF1 was "there's not enough stuff to unlock!!" they figured "gently caress it add 6 extra things to prestige on these menus"

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!

Conot posted:

I mean, you're a kinder soul then I am, I just shot him from across the room and took it from his cold dead hands.

You actual & literal monster how could you.

Arianya
Nov 3, 2009

Sultan Tarquin posted:

You actual & literal monster how could you.

Robots exist to be abused :awesomelon:

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde
Is there a trick to getting the Titanfall Goons network to show up or are there no PS4 players

Side note: Why are there fifty different harambe networks

Celery Jello fucked around with this message at 00:10 on Oct 30, 2016

Gunder
May 22, 2003

I can't remember how the time to kill was in TF1. Is TTK much faster this time around? It certainly feels pretty quick.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord

s.i.r.e. posted:

One of the maps doesn't even have drop-ship intros I think, it takes place in a canyon. Also, one of the maps is probably the worst loving design, not because of aesthetics (I actually like them) but because it's 90% indoors so when you call your Titan there's 3 different spots where it'll actually drop and you have to run most of the map just to get to it. It's awful.

Crash Site is by far the worst map. Huge open canyons with nowhere to really go so hide at the sides or get smashed by Titans who have even less places to go.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Crash site is basically made for scorch and legion to lock down entire valleys

Alehkhs
Oct 6, 2010

The Sorrow of Poets

s.i.r.e. posted:

One of the maps doesn't even have drop-ship intros I think, it takes place in a canyon.

There's at least one map without intros, and it makes me sad every time. :(

I'm also sad about how terrible I am at this game compared to the first one.

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

The maps kind of suck and suffer from three-path-itis, but at least the new ones will all be free. And the first to come up is a redone Angel City so that's cool.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Gunder posted:

I can't remember how the time to kill was in TF1. Is TTK much faster this time around? It certainly feels pretty quick.

Yeah, it was pretty quick there, too. If you jump around like a psychopath you get headshot less, although it makes it significantly harder to aim.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I think my favorite map is Eden because of the big lane in the middle with two skyscrapers around the railroad where you can always wall run in the area and gain and a bunch of speed before zipping off to a different part of the map

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

fadam posted:

I'm not convinced the new CoD is going to sell well on PC at all. It's been available for preorder on Steam for a while but I've yet to see it on the top selling charts.

Because CoD doesn't sell well on PC, its mainly a console series, it generally has a decent population for like the first month or so then it pewters out till its just the TDM list that has anyone playing, they're also full of hackers and aimbotters.

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

It's time to kick the tires and light the fires, Big Bird.

Fuligin posted:

The maps kind of suck and suffer from three-path-itis, but at least the new ones will all be free. And the first to come up is a redone Angel City so that's cool.

If they bring back Training Ground, Fracture and Outpost 207 I will be one happy dude.

Please don't bring back Lagoon unless they fix the framerate issues.

EDIT: Also Wargames loving owned, if not that then at least make a map with the same training sim gimmick.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
The only map I actively dislike is crash site, whoever starts in high ground has such an insane advantage. Everything else is kind of meh, they're fine but I'm not crazy about them. Bring back Angel City!!!

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
The only objectively bad map is Homestead because it's nothing but open fields and like 2 buildings that you can jump around. If the enemy team gets a titan advantage then say goodbye because you're just going to get destroyed by tone pickers.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
But it's a chance to have fun with the Double Take and Longbow until Titans get dropped in.

DrGreatJob
Oct 3, 2006

we fuck each other very well and we have a lot of energy from eating plantfoods

fadam posted:

It's like 2 in the afternoon on the west coast, nobody is doing Halloween stuff until way later.

And the "holiday weekend" doesn't seem to be negatively effecting any of the queues for other games...

Nah, there's 11,200 people playing PC version right now, at 8:17 PM EST on a Saturday. Sure, Halloween might have something to do with it, but the number of people playing Steam games isn't much lower than normal, if at all. This game will be dead on PC within 2 months.

Hell, the sales estimates were 9 million, and they cut it down to 6 million and downgraded EA's stocks, despite BF1 exceeding all sales expectations. That's a pretty substantial disappointment, and I'd be surprised if TF2 lasted beyond the end of the year.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Nobody on PC buys full price games because they're pirates.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
Wow the mastiff kinda sucks (unless I'm missing something) usually the shotguns where you have to load each bullet/shell/whatever are one hit kills at point blank but the mastiff is two and it has a really low fire rate. i guess it has the weird spread feature and the bullets keep traveling even if you miss.

Condoleezza Nice!
Jan 4, 2010

Lite som Robin Hood
fast inte

Sultan Tarquin posted:

The only objectively bad map is Homestead because it's nothing but open fields and like 2 buildings that you can jump around. If the enemy team gets a titan advantage then say goodbye because you're just going to get destroyed by tone pickers.

:frogout:

No but seriously, the worst map is the indoor one, can't remember the name. gently caress that map

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It's like a pilot version of the ronin shotty which is a neat idea if not super practical in application

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
It honest to God makes me sick that BF1 is going to sell several million more copies than this because this really is the superior game, both in SP and MP. EA is so hosed and so stupid.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Lumpy the Cook posted:

It honest to God makes me sick that BF1 is going to sell several million more copies than this because this really is the superior game, both in SP and MP. EA is so hosed and so stupid.

BF1 is cool and good.

Both games deserve to be successes, EA is just incredibly stupid because they released them both in the same drat month.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
I'm not saying BF1 is bad. I'm just saying that Titanfall 2 is bettah

Mr.Citrus
Jul 27, 2005

Carecat posted:

Crash Site is by far the worst map. Huge open canyons with nowhere to really go so hide at the sides or get smashed by Titans who have even less places to go.

It's also got super stupid spawns. One spawn can oversee the other at the start of the map, it's fish in a barrel every time.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Wait hang on. Was Attrition the good mode? Because that's in the full game, as is Bounty Hunt.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Lumpy the Cook posted:

I'm not saying BF1 is bad. I'm just saying that Titanfall 2 is bettah

If you outsell me, you're bettah. If I outsell you, I'm bettah.

Oh :(

Weebly
May 6, 2007

General Chaos wants you!
College Slice
I joined xbone boys as HiImCoryLetsJo

Arianya
Nov 3, 2009

I know EA has this weird vendetta thing going on but I reckon Titanfall would see a big bump in players from launching on Steam. Not because of the platform warrers but just because of pure visibility, Titanfall 2 didn't get a ton of marketing and seeing it pop up on the front page of the store page would definitely pull more people in.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

widespread posted:

Wait hang on. Was Attrition the good mode? Because that's in the full game, as is Bounty Hunt.

It is but so far I haven't enjoyed it as much as Bounty hunt.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

On that note, CTF in this game should be loving amazing but the maps don't make sense for it. I would love some CTF-specific variants, maybe without Titans so they could focus on hyper frenzied flag carrying.

Arianya
Nov 3, 2009

In Training posted:

It is but so far I haven't enjoyed it as much as Bounty hunt.

Yeah, I have to admit I like bounty hunt for the rotational aspect where people naturally flow around the map towards bounty targets and the banks. It creates hotspots but also rewards flanking around and laying down fire on dudes trying to bank their hard earned dosh.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Someone earlier asked if any of the grenadier weapons were good, and the answer is yes, provisionally. The SMR can erase a pilot in three shots, or grind the hell out of grunts and spectres in Attrition to get your Titan in a hilariously short time. When amped it also does enormous damage to Titans. Similarly, the EPG is basically just a Quake 2 rocket launcher with a slower projectile speed, completely one-shotting anyone it hits directly, pilot or AI. The trouble is that you have to play very skittishly with both of them because if you play like you have a regular weapon you'll just step around a corner, miss and get CAR'd. But if you can reliably land the EPG shots, it's incredibly satisfying.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I wish the EPG had Quake rocket speed because I would never use anything else. Instagibs are the most satisfying kills in all of multiplayer gaming

Orv
May 4, 2011
The EPG plus Stim lets you deliver instagib to those who need it, usually before they can respond. The part where about half the player base is also still just playing this like CoD and standing in the open on roofs and in alleyways also leads to some hilarity.

But yeah, the reality is that for every awesome pilot gibbing, you'll get CAR'd five times.

Condoleezza Nice!
Jan 4, 2010

Lite som Robin Hood
fast inte

Orv posted:

The EPG plus Stim lets you deliver instagib to those who need it, usually before they can respond. The part where about half the player base is also still just playing this like CoD and standing in the open on roofs and in alleyways also leads to some hilarity.

But yeah, the reality is that for every awesome pilot gibbing, you'll get CAR'd five times.

Preach!

nah thanks
Jun 18, 2004

Take me out.
I need the Ronin phase dash thing on more titans. That's by far the coolest ability, but I do so much better with literally any other titan.

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things
Can you destroy Tone's shield?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer

keyframe posted:

Can you destroy Tone's shield?