Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mikey-San
Nov 3, 2005

I'm Edith Head!

haveblue posted:

I have [an Unbent Tree] with PB and CBand it's kinda hilarious. I thought that archetype wasn't supposed to be good any more?

Anything half-decent is fine in 6s. That archetype iscool in those modes. Not as good as they once were but not garbage, assuming you have a good roll. Competitive modes are a different story. The high end of the metagame is dominated by Eyasluna-archetype hand cannons, TLW, Grasp-archetype pulses, Hawksaw-archetype pulses, and the occasional MIDA. The Doctrine/Tree archetype would be pro if it were still a deterrent to shotgun warriors.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheSwingLord
Feb 12, 2007

i liked trials this week (with the exception below). lots of goofy kills on people running by you, guys crouching with their shotguns pointed the exact wrong way, etc.

what i don't like is the fact that whenever i hit 4 wins it seems that all i run into are ultimate warrior boys dripping with sweat who just shut me down over and over again. this happens every week and it is very frustrating.

i should probably just get good, huh.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Dear Bungie, please delete Valus Tau'arc and Dust Palace. No one ever liked those stupid bad strikes, and we still don't like the remixed versions. So stop giving a 50% chance of one of them showing up every loving time.

Find the folder those strikes are in, click on it, and press delete. Thanks.

Purge them from backups too, just in case.

Differo Cathedra
Oct 9, 2012

To be honest it was 4AM when I started making the gif and even I don't know what it's supposed to be about by the time I finished it an hour and a few GIS searches later :effort:

PS. Also just go ahead and delete whatever folders contain shriekers, dropship guns, trickle, and the "damage referee".

Mikey-San
Nov 3, 2005

I'm Edith Head!
rm thieves_den.wad

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

Is vision stone as bad as it looks? Cuz I already infused it into something else. Anyone down to run a 7 win card tonight?

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k

Mikey-San posted:

rm thieves_den.wad

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

xzzy posted:

Dear Bungie, please delete Valus Tau'arc and Dust Palace. No one ever liked those stupid bad strikes, and we still don't like the remixed versions. So stop giving a 50% chance of one of them showing up every loving time.

Have they ever explained why they don't just have all the strikes in the playlist?

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006
At this point the only one that hasn't been remixed back in is that Venus strike with the hydra boss, right?

"Guardian, the devil splicers are making a last-ditch play for a vex superweapon..."

TheSwingLord
Feb 12, 2007

TaurusOxford posted:

Have they ever explained why they don't just have all the strikes in the playlist?

can you imagine the size of the database needed to hold all those drops

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
They're saving the vex related strike for when they bring vault of glass back!!!

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

xzzy posted:

Valus Tau'arc

Hop on your Sparrow and race to the console to scan it while the other two head up and get into the firefight. Leave without scanning. Make everyone hate it so the cause can get Reddit posts and then Bungie will listen.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
That strike is easy who cares just kill the things

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

poor life choice posted:

At this point the only one that hasn't been remixed back in is that Venus strike with the hydra boss, right?

Everyone quits when that one comes up.

edit: Oh wait, I'm thinking of the one that is still in the rotation.

Obsurveyor fucked around with this message at 05:24 on Oct 30, 2016

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Bob NewSCART posted:

Is vision stone as bad as it looks? Cuz I already infused it into something else. Anyone down to run a 7 win card tonight?

Excellent roll in its archetype, but the archetype is pretty weak right now. So stash one in the vault for future patches.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

FishBulb posted:

All the strikes are easy, I just want them to be fun.

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

xzzy posted:

All the strikes are easy, I just want them to be fun.

That's none of them at this point.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Mikey-San posted:

rm thieves_den.wad

I've also never seen the taken winters run strike, don't even know if its on the 350 list.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Mikey-San
Nov 3, 2005

I'm Edith Head!

cvnvcnv posted:

That's crazy. One of your copies of the game has it in there, surely.

fuckin lol

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Bob NewSCART posted:

It's a good perk setup and that archetype can get work done in 6's but its native recoil pattern is garbage. If you like the archetype just spam DO for Extremophiles.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

xzzy posted:

It's fun to kill the dust palace bosses with swords tho

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

cvnvcnv posted:

Hop on your Sparrow and race to the console to scan it while the other two head up and get into the firefight. Leave without scanning. Make everyone hate it so the cause can get Reddit posts and then Bungie will listen.

Lol you're all right

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

FishBulb posted:

I think people leave that strike and omnigul because neither drop exotics as well...

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer
It's loving infuriating that everyone has an amazing Crucible drop shotgun and all I have to show for my playtime is about twenty rocket launchers and snipers that are utter garbage. I've gotten one lovely Matador drop since ROI and I got maybe three lovely Party Crashers throughout TTK. It's dumb.

Lightning Knight fucked around with this message at 08:48 on Oct 30, 2016

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k
That's my experience, I don't care anymore. Yeah it's poo poo.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

cvnvcnv posted:

Tried to run a couple last night, but four in a row both people dropped immediately and we're never replaced tho one of them the same two randos came back into the strike twice and kept leaving, despite me progressing on my own. :shrug:

This can happen when somebody get a skeleton key and they need a 400 ll hat, so they need to do a particular heroic strike that can drop hats. So he queue for heroic strikes and go to orbit each time he is put in a heroic strike that is not the one where the skeleton chest have only hats in it.

I like Vaul McRockets dude and Dust Palace strike. Dust Palace I usually go to orbit because Bungie never fixed the 3 boss not giving exotics. When I am doing strikes, 30% of the reason is to get a exotic when I kill the boss. The bullshit reasons the Dust Palace boss can't give exotics is bullshit, specially considering the two brothers can give exotics (each one).

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Tei posted:

This can happen when somebody get a skeleton key and they need a 400 ll hat, so they need to do a particular heroic strike that can drop hats. So he queue for heroic strikes and go to orbit each time he is put in a heroic strike that is not the one where the skeleton chest have only hats in it.
Then shouldn't they just choose that strike from the director instead of using the playlist?

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

Lightning Knight posted:

It's loving infuriating that everyone has an amazing Crucible drop shotgun and all I have to show for my playtime is about twenty rocket launchers and snipers that are utter garbage. I've gotten one lovely Matador drop since ROI and I got maybe three lovely Party Crashers throughout TTK. It's dumb.

The Meat Dimension posted:

That's my experience, I don't care anymore. Yeah it's poo poo.

#worksforme
#wontfix

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

I had basically that but sharded it when I got RoI to clear vault space. Now I don't have a good crucible shotgun.

I don't know why I ever clear vault space it's not like it's all on one page like it used to be it's never full!

Incitatus
Dec 16, 2005

The Meat Man was out of wings, Mr. William Ash More!:argh:
So a Saladins Vigil with Rifled Barrel, Acc Coils and Rangefinder should melt people, right?

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Incitatus posted:

So a Saladins Vigil with Rifled Barrel, Acc Coils and Rangefinder should melt people, right?
Is there another roll? This is exactly the same as mine, but I'm using Hot Swap over Rangefinder...

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

Incitatus posted:

Accelerated Coils increases the # of bolts needed to kill on that gun. What's the other middle perk option?

Incitatus
Dec 16, 2005

Hulk Krogan posted:

Accelerated Coils increases the # of bolts needed to kill on that gun. What's the other middle perk option?

Quickdraw.

Also have another one with Smallbore/Reinforced Barrel Quickdraw/Acc Coils Replenish/Eye of the Storm

I also have a Worlds to Come 001 with Acc Coils/Quickdraw Smallbore/Unflinching and Rangefinder

I haven't really used FRs outside of Stimulant so I can't really pick the *optimum* fusion rifle.

Incitatus fucked around with this message at 16:27 on Oct 30, 2016

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

Rifled/Quickdraw/Rangefinder is solid, I'd go with that. Eye of the Storm is actually really good on fusions too so you could try running Quickdraw on that other one and seeing which you like better.

Incitatus
Dec 16, 2005

Hulk Krogan posted:

Rifled/Quickdraw/Rangefinder is solid, I'd go with that. Eye of the Storm is actually really good on fusions too so you could try running Quickdraw on that other one and seeing which you like better.

Good to know, thanks krogan. With *shotgun meta!* FRs seem better than sniper rifles right now.

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

Woop! Got Candlelight, it's like a Sparklepony ugliness upgrade. Love it!

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!
got matched with people who've gone flawless over 90x on my second trials match of the day. lmao

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Legs Benedict posted:

got matched with people who've gone flawless over 90x on my second trials match of the day. lmao

They have to play a second match too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OdinsBeard
Jul 12, 2003

I don't think about my hands too much. Just trying to hit the ball in the air. Hit the ball in the air!

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

They have to play a second match too

Yeah, just bad luck for us.

• Locked thread