Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chickenwalker
Apr 21, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Medullah posted:

Hope you got a lot of money. It's like 200 million right now. :D

Ugh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
Thanks to some cybernetic arm, I can now fulfill my dream as Venom Snake Bounty Hunter when everything goes to poo poo at the start of KotFE.

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

Medullah posted:

Hope you got a lot of money. It's like 200 million right now. :D

The question is will it sell at that price. It does make me wonder what's the most anything's ever sold for on the GTN.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

M_Sinistrari posted:

The question is will it sell at that price. It does make me wonder what's the most anything's ever sold for on the GTN.

I've sold things for 75 million. Rare enough, sells.

Chickenwalker
Apr 21, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Medullah posted:

I've sold things for 75 million. Rare enough, sells.

Are you the one trying to sell Senya's Lightsaber for 175 million?

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011
:norway:

:iiam:

M_Sinistrari posted:

The most got to be the crate o matic or what they are named. No idea on price though.

If you count illegal things, some random grey item is probably the most expensive from back when people duped insane amounts of money and tried to launder it throuh the GTN.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Chickenwalker posted:

Are you the one trying to sell Senya's Lightsaber for 175 million?

....mayyyyybe.

Canemacar
Mar 8, 2008

Any chance of a vented saber going down in price after the revenge crate sell and with pikes being the new hotness? I'd like one, but I can't afford 75 million and up for one.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

Medullah posted:

:siren: LET'S DO A CONTEST!!!! :siren:

In honor of Halloween, let's do a costume contest! Between now and say, next Sunday 11/6, post a picture of you in your best costume! It can be scary! It can be creepy! It can be sexy! Bonus points for environmental costumes!

We'll either judge them or do random drawings depending on the number of entries. First prize will be a Senya's Lightsaber Pike donated by Non-Entity, and there are a bunch of other nice things in the guild bank to give away.

I suppose I'll have to come up with something newer than my 'borg gimp' look as it has been previously described to me.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Dunno-Lars posted:

The most got to be the crate o matic or what they are named. No idea on price though.

If you count illegal things, some random grey item is probably the most expensive from back when people duped insane amounts of money and tried to launder it throuh the GTN.

I've bought crate-o-matics to flip for under 25 million on JC. They're not that expensive. Inflation is pretty rampant right now though. I had 5 million a year ago and now have over 200 mil without really trying just by buying low, selling high.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
Our proud barbarian duo are out for a bout of trick or treating!

Skadge: Ohhh, yeah. Gonna like this.

Aleth fucked around with this message at 13:09 on Oct 29, 2016

madstrike
Jun 10, 2013

So, what's the best way to grind up a character to 65 fast? Can i chain run and repeat those initial SOLO flashpoints for loads of XP? (Maelstorm prison and the one before)

Also, what's a good class to do this? I was thinking on doing it on a imp agent but i was liking the quests so i'd rather do it on a more 'forgetable' class (story wise).

This is on Imp side so ... Juggernaut? Marauder? Powertech? Not much complicated rotation than can clear solo flashpoints stuff fast.

(I know they're all easy solo, i just want it to be fast and be done with this DvL stuff for now)

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

My method for DvL characters was -

Starter planet + Heroics
Intro to PvP/PvP daily (usually 6 levels right there)
Crafting trainer lore entries + intro to crafting
Black Talon/Esseles solo mode
Capital Planet + Heroics

At that point I was usually about level 35. From there I would just chain run Heroics until 65 (or 53 when I needed to do SoR). Average time to get to 50 was about 8 hours of play time. And that was before double XP.

Turbl
Nov 8, 2007

madstrike posted:

So, what's the best way to grind up a character to 65 fast? Can i chain run and repeat those initial SOLO flashpoints for loads of XP? (Maelstorm prison and the one before)

Also, what's a good class to do this? I was thinking on doing it on a imp agent but i was liking the quests so i'd rather do it on a more 'forgetable' class (story wise).

This is on Imp side so ... Juggernaut? Marauder? Powertech? Not much complicated rotation than can clear solo flashpoints stuff fast.

(I know they're all easy solo, i just want it to be fast and be done with this DvL stuff for now)

If you want to do things fast do a class with stealth, so Operative or Assassin. I recently leveled up an Assassin really quickly and it was totally painless. You can skip almost all of the trash in some of the instances by just stealthing past which really speeds things up. Flashpoints and heroics seemed to give the most XP. Also do the intro warzone quest and then I think at like level 40 you get another warzone quest that you can turn in for a lot of XP (if I remember right this one isn't one you manually pick up, you just get it after doing a warzone at that level).

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

If your goal is leveling quick, stealth may not be a good idea. With double XP, trash mobs actually give a fair amount of XP, not to mention they're usually a bonus objective in flashpoints or Heroics.

madstrike
Jun 10, 2013

Thanks Medullah for that list. I'm going to skip PVP cause i don't enjoy it but the rest seems great.

However, what do you mean by Capital Planet? (!! Noob alert !!)

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

madstrike posted:

Thanks Medullah for that list. I'm going to skip PVP cause i don't enjoy it but the rest seems great.

However, what do you mean by Capital Planet? (!! Noob alert !!)

Dromund Kaas or Coruscant.

Even if you hate PvP it's really worth doing the 1-2 matches for the intro to PvP and daily quests. It will literally get you multiple levels with a few minutes of work.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Medullah posted:

If your goal is leveling quick, stealth may not be a good idea. With double XP, trash mobs actually give a fair amount of XP, not to mention they're usually a bonus objective in flashpoints or Heroics.

Yeah, I would actually suggest a class with fair/good AOE with 2x XP going on. Put your companion on DPS and go to town.

Turbl
Nov 8, 2007

Medullah posted:

I don't know it might be worth killing them during regular quests since they die practically instantly but I find killing mobs in fps and heroics takes longer than it's worth when you're in not great gear with a low influence companion. So as long as you're not running out of quests it seems like the faster you can get those done the better. I don't actually know though it just felt a lot faster when I did stealth compared to when I did a non-stealth class.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Turbl posted:

I don't know it might be worth killing them during regular quests since they die practically instantly but I find killing mobs in fps and heroics takes longer than it's worth when you're in not great gear with a low influence companion. So as long as you're not running out of quests it seems like the faster you can get those done the better. I don't actually know though it just felt a lot faster when I did stealth compared to when I did a non-stealth class.

Well my record leveling was with a Gunslinger at 6 hours to 65, so no stealth. :D

Full XP bonus gear though.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Medullah posted:

Dromund Kaas or Coruscant.

Even if you hate PvP it's really worth doing the 1-2 matches for the intro to PvP and daily quests. It will literally get you multiple levels with a few minutes of work.

Yeah, definitely do the PvP intro quests. My Jedi Knight sent from level 29 to level 38 from a single pvp match due to the quests. It was intense.

Chickenwalker
Apr 21, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Medullah posted:

....mayyyyybe.

Let me know if it sells at that price. I got one last night. 10 million + 3000 odd cartel coins worth of crates and I get one stinkin' platinum. Kind of a slap in the face they literally included a trash can decoration in this pack.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Chickenwalker posted:

Let me know if it sells at that price. I got one last night. 10 million + 3000 odd cartel coins worth of crates and I get one stinkin' platinum. Kind of a slap in the face they literally included a trash can decoration in this pack.

Doubt it will, but so far it's the only one on the GTN. Crazy.

Chickenwalker
Apr 21, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I've heard Shadows and Assassins are incredibly difficult to play because their buttons are all over the place. How bad is Serenity Shadow comparatively, and do I have to hurl rocks around with my mind or cloak?

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

Medullah posted:

Doubt it will, but so far it's the only one on the GTN. Crazy.

I'm not sure on the drop odds for it, but going from the posts on the official forums, there's people buying 3-4 hypercrates at a go and not seeing a single pike. Lot of people are clamoring for it or a version of it to be cartel market only.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

M_Sinistrari posted:

I'm not sure on the drop odds for it, but going from the posts on the official forums, there's people buying 3-4 hypercrates at a go and not seeing a single pike. Lot of people are clamoring for it or a version of it to be cartel market only.

I believe that Medullah's saber is the regular version at 175 mil... There isn't a single pike on the GTN right now. Pike (and saber) are part of the next pack too so hopefully we may see more available then?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Chickenwalker posted:

I've heard Shadows and Assassins are incredibly difficult to play because their buttons are all over the place. How bad is Serenity Shadow comparatively, and do I have to hurl rocks around with my mind or cloak?

It's easy. Your rotation is basically Dot 1, Dot 2, Force in Balance, Spin around to spread DoTs as needed, Dot 3 when it procs, Serenity Strike on cooldown, Dot 3 when it procs. That's over simplifying it, but pretty much the rotation. You don't use Project or pebbles of death in that spec.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Hulk Smash! posted:

I believe that Medullah's saber is the regular version at 175 mil... There isn't a single pike on the GTN right now. Pike (and saber) are part of the next pack too so hopefully we may see more available then?

Correct. I checked on Shadowlands and the single bladed is at 60 million and pikes are at 180.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

I ended up selling my regular saber for 89 million (83 after "taxes"), and i figure at the very least I'll be able to buy the same thing back for a hell of a lot less. The pike dropped from a low price of 275 million to 180 million in like the last hour on my server, so i'm still crossing my fingers that it keeps on dropping until I can buy one with my profit from the other one.

Chickenwalker
Apr 21, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
If anyone wants to trade the pike for the single blade hit me up.

:cheers:

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Senya's lightsaber sold for 110 million. Not too shabby.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
Why can I not log in to my account on the site? I wanna resub but I can't. =/

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

Until they put Valkoryan's Beard in a box I ain't payin'.

Ossipago
Nov 14, 2012

Muldoon

Aleth posted:

Our proud barbarian duo are out for a bout of trick or treating!

Skadge: Ohhh, yeah. Gonna like this.

Which legs are those?

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Verranicus posted:

Why can I not log in to my account on the site? I wanna resub but I can't. =/

Is your SWTOR account linked to an EA account? I had to reset my password through EA, then it let me get back in.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

McSpanky posted:

Is your SWTOR account linked to an EA account? I had to reset my password through EA, then it let me get back in.

Nah, it was maintenance or something.

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR

Dely Apple posted:

Until they put Valkoryan's Beard in a box I ain't payin'.

I wonder if all the player models are gonna get a spit-shine sooner or later, or if newer and newer expansions just get models that are farther and farther away from the originals.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

Ossipago posted:

Which legs are those?

The pants are ventilated triumvitate, the glowing boots and belt are potent champion and the fur loincloth is part of the skilled hunter chestpiece.

Also if people are really desperate for that pike I suggest you enter the Halloween costume contest as the last contest we had I won with only one other goon entrant and we both got weapon tunings out of it. What I'm saying is goons are loving lazy so even a lovely entry will stand you a good chance of getting the pike.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Aleth posted:

Also if people are really desperate for that pike I suggest you enter the Halloween costume contest as the last contest we had I won with only one other goon entrant and we both got weapon tunings out of it. What I'm saying is goons are loving lazy so even a lovely entry will stand you a good chance of getting the pike.

Even if you don't want to keep the Pike I guarantee it's a 100 million plus on the GTN. There has yet to be one listed that I've seen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Playing as a consular you forget how tedious combat is in this game until you get to ilum and trash imperials get their magic stealth detectors.

A simple 30 second infiltration becomes a 5 minute slog.

• Locked thread