Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
Hey if you had to name an irc channel for mcelroy-related content what would you call it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rip_Van_Winkle
Jul 21, 2011

"When life gives you ghosts, you make ghost-robots"

I think this is a philosophy we can all aspire to.

flatluigi posted:

Hey if you had to name an irc channel for mcelroy-related content what would you call it

MIRCelroy?

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

flatluigi posted:

Jeffrey?

Grey Area
Sep 9, 2000
Battle Without Honor or Humanity
Spacejaam

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
Sheecrets

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
"you paid for the whole face but you'll only need the edge" ok I'm dead now

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
What the gently caress happened to Polygon, I hop onto YouTube to look up the new Monster Factory and their channel is all sub-Cracked clickbait trash like "hey, remember TWIN PEAKS???" and "have you heard about this totally underrated gem called 'Repo: The Genetic Opera'???"

I thought they were supposed to be a video game site, question mark?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Journalism is a tough racket.

Their longform articles are worthwhile.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Guy Mann posted:

What the gently caress happened to Polygon, I hop onto YouTube to look up the new Monster Factory and their channel is all sub-Cracked clickbait trash like "hey, remember TWIN PEAKS???" and "have you heard about this totally underrated gem called 'Repo: The Genetic Opera'???"

I thought they were supposed to be a video game site, question mark?

there's very little money in specializing as entertainment news. They're still video games mainly but they branch out at times because why not. Pretty much everyone does.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
I got around to subscribing to the channel to keep up with nick + griffin stuff and I watched those and the comics videos. They're alright, honestly.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I subscribed too to keep up with things but there's so many "40 minutes of X gameplay!" ones that I may just stick to twitter informing me.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
I like SEO Play as well. Polygon usually has something worth watching every couple of days.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
We're living in a clickbait economy, just gotta accept that and figure what is content and what's a paragraph-long opinion turned into a top ten list.

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

When life gives you lemons, you clone those lemons, and make super lemons.

Dinosaur Gum

Holy poo poo

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

We're living in a clickbait economy, just gotta accept that and figure what is content and what's a paragraph-long opinion turned into a top ten list.

Basically, any video whose title is a question can be disregarded.

The Narrator
Aug 11, 2011

bernie would have won

SpacePig posted:

Basically, any video whose title is a question can be disregarded.

Sort of like a Betteridge's law of headlines, then.

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

Even though I hardly ever watch them, I appreciate the 60 minutes of X game footage videos. If there's a game I want to see in action before I consider buying it, it's nice to have a source of videos that don't have some two bit Let's Player yammering over.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Their movie abs TV content isn't even very good. It's not particularly insightful and if you were to transcribe it comes off as a high school book report.

Crystal Lake Witch
Apr 25, 2010

They've been putting up essays about different horror movies in the lead up to Halloween, and they all read exactly the like the terrible essays I wrote during high school, that were always left until the night before they were due.

It's kind of nice to know there's somewhere I would have fit in if I hadn't thought better of my journalistic aspirations.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
SEO Play is very good, also that video they made about the pigeon level in Battlefield 1

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U76EVM9NxrU

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I knew it was coming but I actually gasped when I saw it.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
Griffin breaking at the end was the best part

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Asiina posted:

I knew it was coming but I actually gasped when I saw it.

SAME.

showbiz_liz
Jun 2, 2008
Somebody asked me what TV shows I'd been into recently and I sheepishly told them "ok so there's this thing called Car Boys"

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

Is that the Amazon show with the guys from Top Gear?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Roach Warehouse posted:

Even though I hardly ever watch them, I appreciate the 60 minutes of X game footage videos. If there's a game I want to see in action before I consider buying it, it's nice to have a source of videos that don't have some two bit Let's Player yammering over.

yea they're not my favorite thing but I actually genuinely appreciate videos that are just 'here's the game for a bit, check it out, we're not gonna say a bunch of poo poo, you just look and see if this seems like something you're into'. Like, they've done a few crazy rear end 'HERE'S 2 HOURS STRAIGHT OF (game)' that are just I have no idea who they're for but the occasional 'here's 40ish minutes of a thing you've been thinking sounds neat' has been helpful.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

My favourite game video they've put up is the one of that inane cat game that Griffin used to drive Justin into a rage.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

iajanus posted:

My favourite game video they've put up is the one of that inane cat game that Griffin used to drive Justin into a rage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cSTdrTalcaU

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

This video was the first thing anyone ever linked to me by these guys and it sold me on them forever. Also I love this topic for introducing me to Adventure Zone. I'm on Episode 8. I think their dad might actually be my favorite.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

As much as I love Car Boys and Monster Factory, I do miss the times when they would just gently caress around with random indie games and make goofs without any central gimmick or theme.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZWaIuJbMqM

LamesDoc
May 18, 2014
I look forward to Car Boys every week, more than I look forward to any other weekly video/tv show.

LamesDoc fucked around with this message at 13:20 on Oct 31, 2016

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Car Boys oscillates between funny and frustrating, both of those because of Nick's inability to control the game properly.

showbiz_liz
Jun 2, 2008

greatn posted:

Car Boys oscillates between funny and frustrating, both of those because of Nick's inability to control the game properly.

I might seriously buy the game just to see if I'm any better at it. No idea if my laptop can run it though, I never play video games.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

BeamNG seems like an awesome game to just chill out to and listen to a podcast while smashing up cars real good

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

greatn posted:

I find Nick's inability to hit buttons in the right order extremely relatable.

Nemico
Sep 23, 2006

Judging by how many buttons it sounds like he has to hit just to change the camera to see a collision I've been giving him a pass on control issues.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
The gravity controls are on the cloud!

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I do wonder why he doesn't just freeze time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

greatn posted:

I do wonder why he doesn't just freeze time.

Nick isn't a vampire, he can't just do it all the time.