Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was your favorite Titan from Titanfall 1?
gundam
megatron
that russian robot from pacific rim
goku
View Results

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

keyframe posted:

Can you destroy Tone's shield?

Tone's shield is a physical manifestation of our friendship and thus can never be broken

edit: it just broke, nevermind

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
any ausgoons can comment on the player population?

Titanfall 1 was loving amazing on Xbox One because of those local Azure Servers and I wanna know how the population is on PS4 or PC before jumping in.

PortalFreak
Oct 29, 2016

God's true gift to mankind is 007 Nightfire for the Nintendo GameCube.

Conot posted:

Robots exist to be abused :awesomelon:

how dare you, #robotlivesmatter #boycotttittyfall2

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

squidgee posted:

BF1 and CoD and Division 1.4 and Rise of Iron.

I really, really doubt this.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't Ubisoft low key cancel the rest of the season pass DLC without refunding anybody or really announcing it.

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

Edit: NEVERMIND!

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

In Training posted:

Didn't Ubisoft low key cancel the rest of the season pass DLC without refunding anybody or really announcing it.

No, they're just focusing on rebalancing the game and then releasing the DLC later... presumably after some serious retooling to make it worth getting.

Orv
May 4, 2011
[impressed rough chuckle, dangerous laugh]

singateco
Jan 28, 2013
There are 0 players queuing for Amped Hardpoint in my region (Asia).
I've yet to play this mode. God drat.

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

It's time to kick the tires and light the fires, Big Bird.

Hot drat, THAT is how you make a single-player FPS campaign. You could make an entire game out of the time-travel gimmick. I liked how when you killed someone in the past their corpse showed up in the present all bloated and rotten.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

ninjahedgehog posted:

Hot drat, THAT is how you make a single-player FPS campaign. You could make an entire game out of the time-travel gimmick. I liked how when you killed someone in the past their corpse showed up in the present all bloated and rotten.

That's what I wanted Quantum Break to be :(

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
Origin down for anyone else? I'm trying to finish this download, but I can't get back online!

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I just completed the campaign.

Literally none of the characters outside of the Titan were memorable and the story was loving bunk but it was really fun.

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf

Hace posted:

Origin down for anyone else? I'm trying to finish this download, but I can't get back online!

Yup. Can't get into TF2 MP. Even the Battlefield 1 servers are down. EA hasn't really said anything about what's going on, but I would have to guess its a DDoS.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Anyone not able to get into multiplayer? I'm stuck on "Contacting Respawn servers"

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

Raged posted:

Anyone not able to get into multiplayer? I'm stuck on "Contacting Respawn servers"

Servers have been wonky tonight. They go up and down.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Raged posted:

Had this once on ps4 and it took like 4 restarts but I haven't had any problems since .

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things

singateco posted:

There are 0 players queuing for Amped Hardpoint in my region (Asia).
I've yet to play this mode. God drat.

Origin is all kinds of hosed so thats probably why.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

veni veni veni posted:

Had this once on ps4 and it took like 4 restarts but I haven't had any problems since .

Look like Origin is being raped by someone mad about losing stuff in fifa

https://twitter.com/0day_x

I wish I was joking. Probably some Saudi prince pissed he got caught using cheats.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Lumpy the Cook posted:

That's what I wanted Quantum Break to be :(

yeah, Quantum Break was giant mixed bag of meh and some ok ideas ruined by tie in bullshit and not enough gameplay. also apperently a dishonored 2 mission has a simlar time travel thing that titanfall 2 had.

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

had my first top scoring game in Bounty Hunt. The game's tempo still takes some adjusting too, or maybe it's playing Overwatch rotted my brain, either way as I get used to things I wonder what the practicality of some of these abilities are, like the stationary pilot shield.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Origin was up for about 30 min and now is back down again.

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013

Night Blade posted:

had my first top scoring game in Bounty Hunt. The game's tempo still takes some adjusting too, or maybe it's playing Overwatch rotted my brain, either way as I get used to things I wonder what the practicality of some of these abilities are, like the stationary pilot shield.

A stationary shield in a game with low TTK and a high emphasis on mobility, and flanking and attacking from different directions, is questionable to say the least.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Raged posted:

Look like Origin is being raped by someone mad about losing stuff in fifa

https://twitter.com/0day_x

I wish I was joking. Probably some Saudi prince pissed he got caught using cheats.

I can't see anything, I don't have a Twitter though. Have any screens?

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
I... I don't think I can play bounty hunt anymore. Not because it is a bad game type. But because the very nature of it makes me rage more than pretty much everything I played.

Granted, I was never the most chill player. But with Bounty Hunt, seeing my bonus plummet after getting shot in the back as I am about to deposit it, then to respawn far enough away that getting killed again or running out of time is a possibility...unlocks ugly things in me. Let's just say I am glad I don't use a mic.

tl;dr Enjoy your Bounty Hunting, I will be here playing Attrition.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Game is so much fun

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

C.M. Kruger posted:

A stationary shield in a game with low TTK and a high emphasis on mobility, and flanking and attacking from different directions, is questionable to say the least.

It's useful in some very specific situation, like eating some Titan attacks to lay in with your anti-Titan weapon free of retaliation, or if you want free cover while depositing in bounty hunt or amping/capping in hardpoint. Personally the first thing I used credits on was the wildcard boost because it's a very fun modifier on the game; about 1/3rd to your Titan you get some fun variant on your strategy to use

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things

C.M. Kruger posted:

Aside from the aforementioned ability of the shield to protect you from titans while you shoot them, it is also very useful in hardpoint and in corridor areas.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Does that pilot shield not boost damage going through it?

That's what the tooltip made it sound like.

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

Sharkopath posted:

Does that pilot shield not boost damage going through it?

That's what the tooltip made it sound like.

Yes, but people die so quickly anyway so who cares about boosted damage?

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf
Sort of looks like the problem is with Level 3 in general (at least according to Shacknews):
http://downdetector.com/status/level3/map/

For the future:

Gunder
May 22, 2003

Does anyone have a complete understanding of how the Amped Weapons boost works? How much extra damage does it provide exactly? Does it wear off if you don't use it fast enough? Does it only last one clip? One kill? I've tried googling, but no one seems to have hard numbers.

It's pretty difficult to tell how much of a damage difference it makes because the time to kill is so short.

Gunder fucked around with this message at 11:49 on Oct 30, 2016

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord

Mr.Citrus posted:

It's also got super stupid spawns. One spawn can oversee the other at the start of the map, it's fish in a barrel every time.

As far as I can tell that sniper class shield also makes you totally invincible to incoming fire as good luck hitting that tiny base on the crest of a hill :pwn:

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Mr.Citrus posted:

It's also got super stupid spawns. One spawn can oversee the other at the start of the map, it's fish in a barrel every time.

There's a side path or two that you can use to shoot them in the back :ssh:

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Daztek posted:

There's a side path or two that you can use to shoot them in the back :ssh:

You can flank through the ship which is nice, but the other side has low ground, too, which is stupid

And it means whoever has the high ground during Titan Time is going to win that fight too

It's just too imbalanced of a map, whether or not it's possible to win as either side isn't really the point, it's that whoever has the high ground has a huge advantage, straight up

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Lemming posted:

You can flank through the ship which is nice, but the other side has low ground, too, which is stupid

And it means whoever has the high ground during Titan Time is going to win that fight too

It's just too imbalanced of a map, whether or not it's possible to win as either side isn't really the point, it's that whoever has the high ground has a huge advantage, straight up

Yeah, it's hit or miss, I don't mind it as much as that really open map though

I kind of miss the titan burn cards from TF1, it was funny starting out with a titan

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Good god, the L-Star is garbage.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack

Lemon-Lime posted:

Good god, the L-Star is garbage.

I was having a good time with the L-Star last night. It's hip fire is super accurate so you basically never need to ADS and it's pretty powerful. Also no need to reload is nice. What was your problem with it?

Arianya
Nov 3, 2009

I will say that one bad aspect of this game is that Vice Admiral Spyglass didn't return. Whos this General Marder gently caress and why isn't Spyglass stomping on his skull.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

AirRaid posted:

I was having a good time with the L-Star last night. It's hip fire is super accurate so you basically never need to ADS and it's pretty powerful. Also no need to reload is nice. What was your problem with it?

Needing to lead with it means it's useless against moving pilots or at range (except against static targets), even if it has zero recoil and near-pinpoint hipfire, and the lack of spread and overheat mechanics actually work against it in CQB. It also seems to do pretty low damage given those disadvantages.

It's probably one of those weapons where you can do well with it once you learn how much you need to lead by, but until then, it's at a disadvantage at every range.

Conot posted:

I will say that one bad aspect of this game is that Vice Admiral Spyglass didn't return. Whos this General Marder gently caress and why isn't Spyglass stomping on his skull.

Gotta leave room for DLC announcers. :v:

e; do we have hard stats for stuff yet? I'm wondering whether to switch Entangled Energy out for Grand Cannon on Ion, since I enjoy the Macross reference.