Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dunbar
Feb 21, 2003

I've really come to like the double shipping because it helps me keep up on the story. I read a fair number of books and with monthly books it can sometimes be hard to remember what is happening issue-to-issue, especially when you have books that keep their monthly shipping schedule but end up with a 6-7 week break in between issues based on scheduling quirks, or even more when they miss a month or two in between issues. I've basically given up reading most indy books in single issues because when it takes 10 months to get out a 5-6 issue arc, I just end up having to re-read the whole thing once it's finished anyway or I'll have forgotten everything that happened in the first few issues.

Also, I don't think double vs single shipping would have any affect on my desire to keep reading a book. If I like a book enough to keep it on my pull list, I'm happy to have it twice a month, and if I don't like a book enough to pull it while it's double shipping, dropping it down to single shipping wouldn't make me any more likely to keep it on my pull list. Hell, if anything, I wish they'd move Trinity and Supergirl up to double shipping.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I can't BELIEVE they made Knockout gay!

Next you'll tell me Forerunner is gay!

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

Pfft, yeah, and Grizzly Adams had a beard.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
Are we talking about Knockout from Apokolips? I thought she was already gay and was with Vandal Savage's daughter???

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

pubic works project posted:

Are we talking about Knockout from Apokolips? I thought she was already gay and was with Vandal Savage's daughter???

She began her existence as a lover interest for Superboy which is all people remember her for.

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters
Those chatlogs are probably ten years old (they're referring to Infinite Crisis repeatedly) but I was reminded of Delta Assault's vigorous response to the reveal that Knockout and Scandal were a couple, and the fury of it was reminiscent of American Dracula's response to the reveal that The Ray is gay in New 52.

I think at this point it is an open question whether people remember a briefly popular but ultimate marginal series from twenty years ago (Kesel/Grummett's Superboy) or a even more briefly popular but ultimately marginal series from ten years ago (Simone's Villains United/Secret Six) but ultimately most people don't remember either.

Delta Assault...
American Dracula... hmmmmmmm

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Edge & Christian posted:

Delta Assault...

Hahaha, nice catch.

Ferret
Oct 9, 2003
Where were those logs from, anyway?

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Edge & Christian posted:

Those chatlogs are probably ten years old (they're referring to Infinite Crisis repeatedly) but I was reminded of Delta Assault's vigorous response to the reveal that Knockout and Scandal were a couple, and the fury of it was reminiscent of American Dracula's response to the reveal that The Ray is gay in New 52.

I think at this point it is an open question whether people remember a briefly popular but ultimate marginal series from twenty years ago (Kesel/Grummett's Superboy) or a even more briefly popular but ultimately marginal series from ten years ago (Simone's Villains United/Secret Six) but ultimately most people don't remember either.

Delta Assault...

Boo. Hiss. Boo. Hiss.

I liked Villains United/Secret Six.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
I liked Secret Six too, which is why I found all this talk about Knockout interesting because I couldn't remember who she was. Then I remembered she was dead for a bunch of the series.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Ferret posted:

Where were those logs from, anyway?

The unofficial BSS IRC channel, I assume.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Madkal posted:

Boo. Hiss. Boo. Hiss.

Villains United and Day of Vengeance were the only good side stories and stories in general going on during Infinite Crisis.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Jiro posted:

Villains United and Day of Vengeance were the only good side stories and stories in general going on during Infinite Crisis.

I liked Rann/Thanagar War, but I always like space stuff.

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters

Madkal posted:

Boo. Hiss. Boo. Hiss.

I like a lot of marginal series no one really remembers or cares about.

Ask me about my Strong Opinions About the West Coast Avengers!

I didn't mind Secret Six until Simone really tried to amp up the Atrocity Exhibition angle of things, which I guess was like... about two issues into the ongoing. Also her Bane.

TwoPair posted:

I liked Secret Six too, which is why I found all this talk about Knockout interesting because I couldn't remember who she was. Then I remembered she was dead for a bunch of the series.
Blame the instant classic Death of the New Gods (aka DONG), which was being published concurrently with rear end and GAYO.

Edge & Christian fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Oct 31, 2016

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Edge & Christian posted:

DONG
rear end
GAYO

There's a pattern here.................I just can't.............figure it out.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Jiro posted:

There's a pattern here.................I just can't.............figure it out.

Foreshadowing that The Ray is gay.

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

Crossposting from the digital comics thread:

Green Lantern sale. All of Godhead for $6 is a steal.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Yup. Godhead was pretty neat.

Also, if you don't take this opportunity to finally read Charles Soule's Red Lanterns, you're real dumb.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Aphrodite posted:

Look I'd be fine with it if they made Golden Age Superman gay but I'm drawing the line at Knockout.

That was my favourite part of looking through that time portal to 2006.
Not the idea he'd be okay with a gay Superman. Just the idea he was showing himself as progressive that he could except a Superman from another Earth, but he couldn't process the idea of a gay woman.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Superman #10 preview, which I'm posting just for one scene in particular: http://www.cbr.com/superman-10-preview/

God bless Damian

Roth fucked around with this message at 22:40 on Nov 1, 2016

Ferret
Oct 9, 2003

Endless Mike posted:

The unofficial BSS IRC channel, I assume.

I asked in the October general but to confirm - that channel isn't still running is it?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Ferret posted:

I asked in the October general but to confirm - that channel isn't still running is it?

Just checked: it exists, but there's 8 people including myself, so it either moved to another server or people stopped using it. I don't know the answer to that!

Ferret
Oct 9, 2003

Endless Mike posted:

Just checked: it exists, but there's 8 people including myself, so it either moved to another server or people stopped using it. I don't know the answer to that!

ALRIGHT NERDS, BACK TO IRC.

soon as somebody tells us server and channel

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I think Discord might work better now.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

We use discord now. It is robust, saves messages easily, is convenient, and most importantly isn't loving irc.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

TBF there's like 8 people in the Discord channel, too.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Also Discord is just as terrible, in its own different way.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Damian was such a remarkable little poo poo in Superman :allears:

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

howe_sam posted:

Damian was such a remarkable little poo poo in Superman :allears:

Superman was so great today. That full page splash left me speechless. Compared to the full page splashes in Batman that were just kind of boring.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

This week's Flintstones was, uh...loving incredible?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Lick! The! Whisk! posted:

This week's Flintstones was, uh...loving incredible?

*Turns on Toxx filter*

*Beeeeeep boooop*

quote:

This week's Flintstones was, uh...very good?

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I can be real fuckin' illiterate sometimes. I thought all the monologues were Bane and not Selina until he mentioned kissing Batman. I guess I should have questioned why the text was in that cursive to begin with...

I chalked up the talk of living in an orphanage in Gotham to being a new Bane New 52 thing.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

If nothing else, the Catwoman special has established Beth, the future Corndog Girl Prez as a for real young kid in the current DCU.

I'm not sure what her relationship with that foster lady is, since she has a dad in Prez. Though, that could be her biological auntie or whatever. I dunno.
or more importantly, if her looking around about 10 here would even match her being a teen in the Prez future.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I think that about wraps up my time with Tom King's Batman. The book is just boring. It was probably my most anticipated Rebirth title too.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

X-O posted:

I think that about wraps up my time with Tom King's Batman. The book is just boring. It was probably my most anticipated Rebirth title too.

You'll miss out on Catwoman and Ventriloquist making their way through an old screen saver next ish.
https://twitter.com/TomKingTK/status/789472814373801984

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Teenage Fansub posted:

You'll miss out on Catwoman and Ventriloquist making their way through an old screen saver next ish.

...is that supposed to be good art? :/

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Teenage Fansub posted:

Some flying toasters are going to swoop down at them next

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

redbackground posted:

...is that supposed to be good art? :/

I think Mikel Janin's neat once you come to terms with the fact that he uses CG at the base of his art.
It took me a while.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Teenage Fansub posted:

I think Mikel Janin's neat once you come to terms with the fact that he uses CG at the base of his art.
It took me a while.

I'm fine with his art, that tweet from King presenting that as a good example of it could not be more off base though. That image is pretty bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

:shrug: I love it.
Yeah, it would've been impressive if he wasn't obviously drawing over CG pipes, but I think the composition is really fun.