Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006
So last season the "barry voice over intro" was "I'm the Flash, I hosed up and brought new threats to my world. I'm the only one who can stop them". This season is " I'm the Flash, I hosed up and brought new threats to my world. I'm the only one who can stop them". Will each season end with Barry loving up and bringing new threats to his world (and hopefully new Wells too)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
season 4 they'll all be from mimeworld. Superprison will just be a big empty warehouse where everyone is trapped in invisible boxes

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Showdown in the Galaxy Era.

The Lord Bude posted:

The scenery budget for that show is going to have to be ridiculous.

They combined the scenery and catering budgets in anticipation of Barrowman.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Azhais posted:

season 4 they'll all be from mimeworld. Superprison will just be a big empty warehouse where everyone is trapped in invisible boxes speaking French

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Mr Beens posted:

So last season the "barry voice over intro" was "I'm the Flash, I hosed up and brought new threats to my world. I'm the only one who can stop them". This season is " I'm the Flash, I hosed up and brought new threats to my world. I'm the only one who can stop them". Will each season end with Barry loving up and bringing new threats to his world (and hopefully new Wells too)

You know how DC has elementals for all the major elements and life existences? The Red for animals, Wind Elemental for Red Tornado, etc.?

Barry Allen is the Fuckup Elemental. Wherever he goes, no matter the media, Barry Allen fucks things up. It's just what he does.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Chokes McGee posted:

You know how DC has elementals for all the major elements and life existences? The Red for animals, Wind Elemental for Red Tornado, etc.?

Barry Allen is the Fuckup Elemental. Wherever he goes, no matter the media, Barry Allen fucks things up. It's just what he does.

It's like a force...a fuckup force...I can feel it calling me home...

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer
His pants are made of goes bad.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Wally and Jesse had a moment that was completely adorable. this season has been really good, a return to form just like Arrow

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Carlosologist posted:

Wally and Jesse had a moment that was completely adorable. this season has been really good, a return to form just like Arrow

All four shows really are firing on all cylinders now. I am psyched as hell for that 4-way crossover.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

pee out my butt posted:

His pants are made of goes bad.

Read this as "full of goes bad"

:stonk:

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Azhais posted:

season 4 they'll all be from mimeworld. Superprison will just be a big empty warehouse where everyone is trapped in invisible boxes

Gotta feel bad for the 3rd rate mimes though, constantly talking about being in a box.

Deuce
Jun 18, 2004
Mile High Club
I've just watched the first two seasons. Just once I want to see a metahuman get shot by a police officer.

Rarrr! I am FIRE MAN, I can shoot fire from my hands! I am here to destroy the fla-*bang*

Bullets... my one weakness...

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Deuce posted:

I've just watched the first two seasons. Just once I want to see a metahuman get shot by a police officer.

Rarrr! I am FIRE MAN, I can shoot fire from my hands! I am here to destroy the fla-*bang*

Literally the first episode.

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012

Deuce posted:

FactsAreUseless posted:

Literally the first episode.

Although to be fair, it hasn't happened since, even in situations where it would make a ton of sense, like when Captain Cold and Heatwave publicly called out the Flash and then just proceeded to stand around in the open. Come on! They're just dudes with guns! Guns that are actually considerably worse than normal guns for the purpose of killing people! You have them surrounded and they're not surrendering! This is the part where you open fire. :cripes:

Carlosologist posted:

Wally is my one sticking point with the show at this point. It's the actor. He's just so... wooden. This is how their scenes felt to me.

:j: *smooch*
:goleft: Please cease your physical display of affection.
:j: What, is something wrong?
:goleft: You live on another earth. Alas, our love cannot be.

It would be less noticeable if he wasn't in the same show as the likes of Jesse L. Martin and Tom Cavanagh. I'm pretty sure he's Australian, so maybe all of his concentration is going towards maintaining his accent or something, I don't know, but whatever it is, I hope he improves, because I want to like Wally, and right now it's... difficult.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Also first episode of this season.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Spergatory posted:

Although to be fair, it hasn't happened since, even in situations where it would make a ton of sense, like when Captain Cold and Heatwave publicly called out the Flash and then just proceeded to stand around in the open. Come on! They're just dudes with guns! Guns that are actually considerably worse than normal guns for the purpose of killing people! You have them surrounded and they're not surrendering! This is the part where you open fire. :cripes:
Rogue Lives Matter.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Hughlander posted:

Also first episode of this season.

And presumably at some point the cops caught the Top without the Flash's help.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

greatn posted:

I'll admit I wasn't on board with new female Top until she started spinning around that skirt for no reason reason :3:

Her powers of Vertigo still don't make sense for the gimmick, but "spins around really fastand it somehow made her smarter" would probably look really dumb.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer
Top should've been someone who was listening to Devo when the particle accelerator exploded.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

pee out my butt posted:

Top should've been someone who was listening to Devo when the particle accelerator exploded.

Q: Are we not metahumans
A: I am The Top

nelson
Apr 12, 2009
College Slice

pee out my butt posted:

I was thinking more like "Dead Or Alive - You Spin Me Round".

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

greatn posted:

It seems like she has to make direct eye contact to whammy someone, just have a Lethal Weapon moment where two cops rochambeau for it and the lucky one tazes her while she's busy making the other toss his lunch.

Bozart
Oct 28, 2006

Give me the finger.
I hope we get an 80's Wells by the end of the season. This show needs more Fringe.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Bozart posted:

I hope we get an 80's Wells by the end of the season. This show needs more Fringe.

My name is Barry Allen, and I am the fastest man alive.

In 1989 my father from another dimension crossed over and kidnapped me as a child. Now mysterious forces threaten the fate of the universe. I am the only one fast enough to stop them.

I am THE FLASH.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Top is a pretty bad name, but that can be hand waved by the fact that Cisco was under pressure for a name after getting sniped by Wells

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012

Xelkelvos posted:

Top is a pretty bad name, but that can be hand waved by the fact that Cisco was under pressure for a name after getting sniped by Wells

To change the channel from bad line delivery, "What? WHAT? YOU WANNA GO?! :black101:" is probably my favorite line delivery in the entire show.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Xelkelvos posted:

It made more sense with the original comics guy whose superpower gimmick was spinning fast and top-based weapons, but going from inducing vertigo to being named Top is... ehnnnn. Maybe she'll get the spinny after her powers evolve, like Caitlyn and frostbite.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Chokes McGee posted:

It made more sense with the original comics guy whose superpower gimmick was spinning fast and top-based weapons, but going from inducing vertigo to being named Top is... ehnnnn. Maybe she'll get the spinny after her powers evolve, like Caitlyn and frostbite.

Unfortunately, that power set is really dumb, but only marginally so on a different spectrum of dumbness compared to this one. She could be Countess Vertigo instead

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Xelkelvos posted:

Unfortunately, that power set is really dumb, but only marginally so on a different spectrum of dumbness compared to this one. She could be Countess Vertigo instead

They made the Turtle work, it's time to step spin up.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

McSpanky posted:

They made the Turtle work, it's time to step spin up.

The Turtle would've been a great goofy recurring villain. I'm not sure why they decided to make him a serial killer and then kill him.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

He'll be back someday, Cylons always come back.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum
Maybe he's not dead in this timeline.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Spergatory posted:

To change the channel from bad line delivery, "What? WHAT? YOU WANNA GO?! :black101:" is probably my favorite line delivery in the entire show.

But he came up with a terrible name.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Spergatory posted:

Look at dis guy who didn't hear "I'm fond of you too, you jackwagon."

(Or "OOOOOOOOOOPS.")

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Really digging HR so far

Stealthed Zombie
Dec 21, 2007

And Introducing:
Dean "Titty Master" Ambrose
This loving Harrison

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

No coffee? HR is from the Red Fringverse! :aaaaa:

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
:10bux: says he beats it by running really fast in a circle.

EDIT: :laffo: Who did it? Who cares, we're drowning! :derp:

Spergatory fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Nov 2, 2016

Caper
Feb 20, 2005

Fallen Rib
So Flash is crossing over with Cloverfield?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!
Man of all the times murdering a dude would be justified, freezing the rear end in a top hat trying to imprison you to exploit your body for his own personal gain via medical testing seems pretty high up there.

• Locked thread