Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!
If America, succ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

The government controls all information and will stage mass shootings at the drop of a hat in order to play the populace like puppets

Yet the government cannot stop its own investigative bureau from publishing damning information about its own highest-placed members

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

Celery Jello posted:

It's even better when they (not the same guy, just the general "they") take it to the next level and directly message the creator of The Backstagers (a neato comic that features an entirely LGBTQ cast of characters) this crap

Ever yours in the Matrix,

MO0

Xx_(((:frogout:)))_xX

This is some amazing poo poo. Just the waves of smug pretension...

Fashionable Jorts posted:

A mass shooting? In america? Now there's something you don't hear of these days!

Man, I wouldn't be surprised at any of those things in general. It'd be like, "Oh, it rained" or maybe "Oh, my idiot friend has said something dumb." Which is depressing, but there you go.

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy

"Ah poo poo, another possible scandal. Guess it's time to pull the trigger on *pulls a slip of paper out of a hat* Betty White."

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde

dijon du jour posted:

"Ah poo poo, another possible scandal. Guess it's time to pull the trigger on *pulls a slip of paper out of a hat* Betty White."

That's not funny, I won't have you joking about things that sad.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Celery Jello posted:

It's even better when they (not the same guy, just the general "they") take it to the next level and directly message the creator of The Backstagers (a neato comic that features an entirely LGBTQ cast of characters) this crap

Ever yours in the Matrix,

MO0

Xx_(((:frogout:)))_xX

:wtc: this is very much a Poe's law situation to me, my brain refuses to believe someone wrote that sincerely.

MageMage
Feb 11, 2007

I SUCK AND LOVE TO YELL PERFORMATIVE HOT TAKES AND NONSENSE LIES WHEN I GET WORKED UP. SOMETIMES AUTOBANNED IS BETTER. MAYBE ONE DAY WHEN I STORM OFF I'LL ACTUALLY STOP SHITTING UP THE SITE FOR REAL

It makes me shameful that history is taught in schools and THIS is what results.

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009

Fathis Munk posted:

:wtc: this is very much a Poe's law situation to me, my brain refuses to believe someone wrote that sincerely.

The guy even wrote a follow-up after the Twitter reactions:

Here's the original Twitter post: https://twitter.com/RianSygh/status/791820094020194306

felch me daddy jr. has a new favorite as of 11:13 on Oct 30, 2016

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

Puppy Time posted:

My favorite part is where the guy offers to write for the artist if only the artist drew more realistically. :psyduck:

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time
Jesus :catstare:

I have to say, the thing that made me lose it was him using "e'er" to mean "error" rather than a contraction of "ever"

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

I have to say, the thing that made me lose it was him using "e'er" to mean "error" rather than a contraction of "ever"

:same:, I literally laughed my rear end off. I'm in the emergency room getting my legs sewn back on.

hackbunny
Jul 22, 2007

I haven't been on SA for years but the person who gave me my previous av as a joke felt guilty for doing so and decided to get me a non-shitty av

Puppy Time posted:

Eh, it reads like pretension of pretension to me. It's written in a register beyond the skills of the writer. It's kind of pathetic

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

I made it to "Never yours in The Matrix"

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

That's "affluence"

Dogfish
Nov 4, 2009

hackbunny posted:

Eh, it reads like pretension of pretension to me. It's written in a register beyond the skills of the writer. It's kind of pathetic

This is such a good way to describe that particular phenomenon. Like people who overcorrect "who" to "whom" in the incorrect context, or people who say "disinterested" to mean "uninterested." Fancy-sounding words but no understanding of how to use them.

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring
that guy wears a monocle and lives on an airship

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

Dogfish posted:

This is such a good way to describe that particular phenomenon. Like people who overcorrect "who" to "whom" in the incorrect context, or people who say "disinterested" to mean "uninterested." Fancy-sounding words but no understanding of how to use them.

In regards to that:

I can't read his use of "bemused" of anything but "amused" because it reads as if he's mockingly laughing at the response he knew he would receive. For someone so "educated", he really isn't very good at grammar.

And the "speak with affluence" thing made me crack up

Luvcow posted:

that guy wears a monocle and lives on an airship

Considering his malapropisms and word choice, the monocle is a barnacle and the airship is actually a sailboat

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof
"...to jettison your career into the next level..."
What a pretentious idiot. He probably styles himself as the next Brooke McEldowney, who is mocked in the comics megathead as a colossal rear end in a top hat.

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

hardest time i ever done :(
IRL pic of that guy

Splendiferous. Perhaps I have intimidated you with my giantesque vocabulary...?

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

Postal Parcel posted:

Considering his malapropisms and word choice, the monocle is a barnacle and the airship is actually a sailboat

the sailboat is up on blocks in his backyard and hasn't been in the water in ~20 years so technically it's an airship

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
Title: "and I'm not sorry, it's reality"

9gag really don't like a complicated world.

Because this person has absolutely lived under a dictatorship all his life.

THE HORROR

BigglesSWE has a new favorite as of 14:53 on Oct 30, 2016

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I want to ask that guy to define "penultimate"

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.

Data Graham posted:

I want to ask that guy to define "penultimate"

That's like the best pen of all time, right?

Vladimir Poutine
Aug 13, 2012
:madmax:

Gad Saad never goes a day without complaining about the existence of the concept of cultural appropriation

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
How can you get to the point where you write something like that to an internet guy and not realize how dumb as poo poo you're going to look.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Because he speaks with effluence.

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

hackbunny posted:

That's what pretension is.

Parasol Prophet
Aug 31, 2012

We Are Best Friends Now.

Bertrand Hustle posted:

Because he speaks with effluence.

Ahem, I believe you'll find the term is "affluence." But don't worry, it's a very common e'er for someone such as yourself to make.

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

Parasol Prophet posted:

Ahem, I believe you'll find the term is "affluence." But don't worry, it's a very common e'er for someone such as yourself to make.

"your posting is indubitably affected by the SJW community and your avatar is cromulently affluence by the feminist media juggernaut but have no fear for I have ample writing skills and could very much so embigen your professional posting career if you would like to stop, collaborate and listen..."

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde
I don't fathom what you gentlemen are conversing about, his writing style seems perfectly splendiferous to a qualified literary critic such as oneself.

Forever yours in the Matrix,

Mo0

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

All female heads of states are in cults because they sold their souls for power.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Lottery of Babylon posted:

All female heads of states are in cults because they sold their souls for power.

President Hillary "Ghost Rider" Clinton

check out my Youtube
May 26, 2006

Satan's on my side
and you wanna brawl?
When the Devil comes
you better heed his Quall

Good dictators, such as:

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!

check out my Youtube posted:

Good dictators, such as:

Libya and Iraq were perfectly fine before we killed their leaders!

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Lottery of Babylon posted:

Oh, it goes far deeper than just heads of state, pal. :witch:

hackbunny
Jul 22, 2007

I haven't been on SA for years but the person who gave me my previous av as a joke felt guilty for doing so and decided to get me a non-shitty av

Puppy Time posted:

That's what pretension is.

Pretension is using an inappropriately high register. The guy affects it, but it's beyond its skills

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde
Incompretension?

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.
I'd vote for Ghost Rider if he ran for President.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

Celery Jello posted:

I don't fathom what you gentlemen are conversing about, his writing style seems perfectly splendiferous to a qualified literary critic such as oneself.

Forever yours in the Matrix,

Mo0

It's a perfectly cromulent writing style.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

:darksouls: